From cricket to motor sports to wrestling and anything in between

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manchild
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Past: Brad Clyde
Present: Shaun Fensom

Re: The Wrestling Thread

Post by Manchild »

They need a couple of guys with Mankind like guts in the ring.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

There is 28 writers and a bunch of execs like Vince and Hunter that put the shows together. The show they are putting together is bland and the ratings are showing it. Gone are the days 'where anything can happen'

Also, Somewhere along the line Vince forgot how to promote.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

WWF buying out WCW was the worst thing to happen to the wrestling world, it's been steadily declining ever since
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote:WWF buying out WCW was the worst thing to happen to the wrestling world, it's been steadily declining ever since
100% nailed it, i havent watched wrestling for about 10 years but it's not hard to figure out what went wrong.

Vince didnt forget how to promote, he just doesnt have to promote any more, the pressure isnt on to deliver the way it was 15 years ago.
WWE have cornered the market and the product has suffered from a lack of competition pushing it to be inovative.

The best thing for wrestling would be an upstart company being backed by millions of dollars delivering a quality product to get a competitive market going again
I've got no doubt my son's going to go through his phase of loving wrestling in about 3-4 years time and i'd love to be sitting there watching a good product with him when it happens
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

So I recently matched my first wrestling for a couple of years. Wrestlemania was OK, womens title match was surprisingly good. I looked up Zayn/Nakamura from the NXT Takeover, it was better than anything I've seen for ages. I felt like a kid watching wrestling again, the striking was stiff and believable and the crowd was awesome. I recommend looking this match up.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Chyna passed away yesterday at just 45. RIP
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Good grief!
Thombre
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Jeff "Shakas" Lima!!!!

Post by Thombre »

I enjoyed backlash yesterday, womens division has a lot of talent atm.
Pick the round we will get more than #oneinarow Winner - Round 8 (Wests + Bunnies)
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I enjoy the Network. Good value to watch the older stuff and mainly the women's division currently is really good.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Green_Hammock wrote:I enjoy the Network. Good value to watch the older stuff and mainly the women's division currently is really good.
Agree - I enjoy the early-mid 90's era and the vault containing all previous PPV's is excellent value, plus all the new PPV's can be streamed live or replayed on demand.

WWE 2K17 is out 11/10/16 if anyone plays the games
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Good return, made the final 3. Looks a bit weathered but hardly missed a beat after 9 years out

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Funny this thread got bumped like that. Only today I was randomly thinking about the best tag teams of all time. Edge and Christian would be up in the top 10 somewhere.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I heard about his comeback, so I checked it out on Youtube. I won’t lie, I was tearing up when I heard “You think you know me...” and was struggling to hold back watching his reaction and his entrance.

Has to be one of the biggest pops in recent memory. I’d been an Edgehead since his Brood days
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Man dolph sold that first spear so well. Perfect choice.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

The Wrestling Thread

Post by The Nickman »

Shane McMahon’s always been crazy, did you ever see the bump he took off the Titantron somewhere in the early 00’s?
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Yeah that was crazy stuff. Coast to coast has always been a favourite too.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I was watching a bit of smackdown this morning.. surely they could alter the scripts to remove the "hold for applause" seeing there's no audience...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Haha, that's ridiculous 🤣
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

-TW- wrote:I was watching a bit of smackdown this morning.. surely they could alter the scripts to remove the "hold for applause" seeing there's no audience...

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Watching the tag teams gee up the non-existent crowd got me last week
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Finally got around to watching “You cant kill David Arquette” on Stan. It was quite good. It’s a doco following him getting back into wrestling, and rebuild his reputation after winning the WCW Championship and killing the franchise. A lot of AEW connections in the show.

It’s interesting. David talks about how anxious he was when they told him he was going to win the belt. DDP does an interview where David tells him he’s worried about the decision, but who will ever say no if they’re told they’re going to be a World Champion

Nickman's love of NSW
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Reports that Vince McMahon is selling his wrestling franchise to the Saudi Arabian Government.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

I’ve been following this story. It’s been weird. First VKM stands down as CEO amidst a string of scandals. Triple H stands in, cleans the company up and gets them decent. Vince comes back, Steph resigns from the board and the sale rumours begin.

Nickman's love of NSW
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Vince at age 77 may be looking to cash out the business and retire. He has been in the drivers seat for decades and there comes a time when; it's time.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde

Just saw Bray Wyatt unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack. Dude was only 36.

Hits hard this one. 1, so young to have a heart attack. 2, some of his promo work was next level. WWE just didn’t know what to do with him.

Nickman's love of NSW