Re: Spotted

Post by Dr Zaius »

Exactly. You need to settle down.
Nick
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Nick »

There seems little doubt at this point that most QLDs... granted, not all, but most are EDIT
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahahahahahaha

You're such a ****, Nicko
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Nick wrote:There seems little doubt at this point that most QLDs... granted, not all, but most are EDIT
You forgot drunken
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Laurie Daley and Mark Webber together at Noosa Mainbeach.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Seems an unlikely pair in an unlikely place. Romantic getaway?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

With their families.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:Laurie Daley and Mark Webber together at Noosa Mainbeach.
Damn! I'm no longer up there but I would have gone had I known
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Dr Zaius wrote:Seems an unlikely pair in an unlikely place. Romantic getaway?
Ha! Independent confirmation! https://www.facebook.com/visitnoosa

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
Good grief. Could you imagine dubby dorking along behind them on the beach??
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
No stairs so he'd have to lurk in the bushes instead.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Manbush wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
No stairs so he'd have to lurk in the bushes instead.
At Noosa Mainbeach?? He'd be next to you, wouldn't he??
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

I'm too old to be subtle and hide mate
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ah, you're just the worst.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote:
dubby wrote:
as opposed to you stumbling and drooling and spilling beer all over them?

Face it, unless you are TR, GE or Shezza you just ain't got any style. :(
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I hate to get off topic here, but we have a crisis.

Nick, can you call your contacts at Virgin? Almost 5.30pm and there's no sign of the hot dogs yet in the Sydney lounge.

Friggin' wheels are off.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Just came out. Thanks for actioning so promptly, Nickman.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I do what I can for the little people, T_R.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

And did dubby just say SHEZZA has class?!?!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHH!!!!!
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Dubs hasn't seen the singlet that you boys talk so fondly about yet obviously..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Nobody should ever see that singlet.

He's never seen him pagging on his shoes either.
Captain Punish
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves

Post by Captain Punish »

Or trying to pull moves on Albi's daughters..

No, sorry. That was Manbush..
Avatar Bet - bleedgreen99 - Raiders to make (BG99)/miss(Lucy) the 8. Avatar from last round of regular season 2015 until GF 2016.
Signature Bet - Raider85 - Raiders to get(Lucy)/miss(R85) the wooden spoon. Signature for entire offseason.
Bottle of something to the value of $70 - Matthew Borewood to not see (Lucy)/to see (Piggles) a first grade game in 2015 for the Warriors.
The Name Change Bet - Regarding the three bets above;
I win all three I keep my name.
I win one I become "the Punish"
I lose all I become "Chicken Little"
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Dubby knows what he is talking about.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dubby saw you for five minutes!! He was lurking under the stairs dressed in camouflage the rest of the game!!
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Nickman wrote:Dubby saw you for five minutes!! He was lurking under the stairs dressed in camouflage the rest of the game!!
That's all it takes. Shez oozes class. You on the other hand ooze, what's the opposite of class? Rocky?! Yes you ooze Rocky.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Dubby saw you for five minutes!! He was lurking under the stairs dressed in camouflage the rest of the game!!
That's all it takes. Shez oozes class. You on the other hand ooze, what's the opposite of class? Rocky?! Yes you ooze Rocky.
Did you see the Big Dogg after the Panthers game??
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

No, but I hear that for a man who lathered his shoes in regurgitated Mrs Mac's he held him self with dignity and decorum
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He absolutely didn't. He was a pitiful mess.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Pics or it didn't happen
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I have got one, but it's just not fair to show it
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Meh, I don't believe you
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Dr Zaius wrote:Pics or it didn't happen
x2

Sounds like a photo for the "hot or not" thread.
Shezza
Laurie Daley

Post by Shezza »

Let's agree it happened and save the photos for another day shall we.
2013 'Nella Awards - MVP
2013 'Nella Awards - Spite Day Winner
2013 'Nella Awards - Worst System (The Club)
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

No, I will need to see the photos.