Sea Eagles 13+
45%

Total votes: 11

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Re: 2024 Round 9 v Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by Neeeegz »

Billy Walker wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:12 pm I just can’t believe we won without Woolford :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
We only won after Levi got hooked you goose.
Guler and Levi should be stamped to never play first grade again for the raiders
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:13 pm Guler had an unhappy night in what has been an unhappy year for him
He had a good opportunity and didn’t take it

I’m a fan but he’s falling well down the pecking order with this sort of play
Yep but the team was better with him out there for the start and no Saulo, no matter how poor he was. Hors in for Guler and that’s the best middle rotation.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

**** me, my heart rate is still through the roof.

So proud of the boys. That's the sort of gutsy play that is the heart of the Raiders. Glad we have a bye next week though, I'll need it to recover!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Bluesbrother wrote:Trey Mooney was absolutely outstanding. I bagged him earlier in the year but he has proven me wrong with his time in the NRL he looks to be growing each week.
Well done for admitting that, m8. Not many around these parts are keen to admit when they are wrong
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Neeeegz wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:19 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:12 pm I just can’t believe we won without Woolford :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
We only won after Levi got hooked you goose.
Guler and Levi should be stamped to never play first grade again for the raiders
:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao Keep saying that :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Bluesbrother wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:15 pm Trey Mooney was absolutely outstanding. I bagged him earlier in the year but he has proven me wrong with his time in the NRL he looks to be growing each week.
8 runs for 76m in 22 mins. Exactly what you want from a bench forward. Really bent the line when he ran too.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Bluesbrother wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:15 pm Trey Mooney was absolutely outstanding. I bagged him earlier in the year but he has proven me wrong with his time in the NRL he looks to be growing each week.
Very tough when he came on. Loved what I saw. Was a bit worried last week that it might take him a touch longer to get used to the step up but he's rising to the challenge and the bye is at the perfect time for all our young guys.
Greengoblin
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Greengoblin »

How good was that. Same vibes as the broncos win at Suncorp last year.
Welcome back Cotric. Young halves showed their character and kudos to Ricky.
Vibes are immaculate!
Greengoblin
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Greengoblin »

How good was that. Same vibes as the broncos win at Suncorp last year.
Vibes are immaculate!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He just needs time to adjust to nrl game speed
He’ll only get better. Gotta keep him in the team and let him keep growing
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I hate a player call out thread so I’ll just post here.

Albert Hopoate should never ever sniff first grade again unless there is no other option. He’s the worst outside back in the NRL. He sucks at pretty much everything.

If Rapana isn’t right it needs to be anyone but post the bye.

There really isn’t a redeeming feature.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
PNGRaider37
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by PNGRaider37 »

Amazing. I still don't believe it
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:13 pm Guler had an unhappy night in what has been an unhappy year for him

In saying that…can you imagine the absolute scenes at Guler Kebabs and Pizzeria tonight when the Milk bus comes rolling in for the obligatory post Sydney game free feed!
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Botman wrote:
He just needs time to adjust to nrl game speed
He’ll only get better. Gotta keep him in the team and let him keep growing
Yep. Strong young Forwards take a good thirty plus games.

Average forwards who’ve played 150 games become really reliable toilers. Think your Matt Prior or Dunamis Lui style.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Old School Green wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:26 pm

In saying that…can you imagine the absolute scenes at Guler Kebabs and Pizzeria tonight when the Milk bus comes rolling in for the obligatory post Sydney game free feed!
Garlic sauce for everyone baaaaaaybbeeee
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Old School Green wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:26 pm

How many snack packs you reckon papa could get through?
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

julian87 wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:24 pm I hate a player call out thread so I’ll just post here.

Albert Dropoate should never ever sniff first grade again unless there is no other option. He’s the worst outside back in the NRL. He sucks at pretty much everything.

If Rapana isn’t right it needs to be anyone but post the bye.

There really isn’t a redeeming feature.
Yeah, I was team Hoppa for a short period when Rapana was making a million errors and we had no backline depth, but it just can’t continue. Shame because he was such a good junior. ESL is calling if he’s lucky.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Just back from the hill at Brookie.

You know it is a good night at the office when the shirts are off and Manly fans are so triggered they are chucking cans.

Hahaha what a beautiful night.

Enjoy.
Up The Milk
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Gonna cop some grief for saying this but....
It appears to me as Papas heart just isnt in it anymore.... I mean whens the last time he has a real barnstorming game? these days hes lucky to make 100 metres and rarely bends the line... last week he had 5 errors too. its just sad to see cause i love a rampaging papali, but i think hes just gone a season too long...
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Greengoblin wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:21 pm How good was that. Same vibes as the broncos win at Suncorp last year.
Vibes are immaculate!
I was just saying that to my dad. The team gets beaten soundly two games in a row, then a beloved veteran captain maligned by certain "fans" as past it is recalled and inspires the team to dig deep in their hearts and win a game nobody expected us to. I've seen this movie before!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Levi, Starling, Hopoate, Guler and Whitehead.

Anyway...best part of that was we had 1/3 of the missed tackles we had last week.

Cotric looked good. Happy about that.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Lucky wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:43 pm Gonna cop some grief for saying this but....
It appears to me as Papas heart just isnt in it anymore.... I mean whens the last time he has a real barnstorming game? these days hes lucky to make 100 metres and rarely bends the line... last week he had 5 errors too. its just sad to see cause i love a rampaging papali, but i think hes just gone a season too long...
Look whether that is true or not, it’s not an opinion that has echoed around enough in the walls of the GH for it be approved by the brains trust as an authorised opinion that can be shared. Prepare to be shouted down by those threatened by thoughts not aligning with their own.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Before I watch the game back, can someone give me the executive summary as to how we won that because at the ground I was too busy getting my lid off.
Up The Milk
papabear
Steve Walters

What a win

Post by papabear »

I know there’s a game day thread but normally we bottle it from 20-0 up not the other way around. Such a game deserves its own thread.

What a win, never had so much fun at brooky…

From the ref sin binning hoppa a manly great due to a manly knock on , too Odin cursing them the next play , to the resurrection of Elliott whitehead to Nic cotric showing he’s a boss.

Fun fun times, go the bloody raiders!!!

Finally took my boys to a big win!!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Mickey_Raider wrote:Just back from the hill at Brookie.

You know it is a good night at the office when the shirts are off and Manly fans are so triggered they are chucking cans.

Hahaha what a beautiful night.

Enjoy.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mission accomplished with 2 competition points and a couple of try assist kicks to each of the young halves sealed the deal. But the bloke who kept the Raiders in the game was Elliott Whitehead. He fields a dropped Manly ball and then gives a reverse flick pass to Weekes on the fly to score our opening try. His second try was the old hit and spin close to the line with Turbo the defender unable to contain him. Another Manly dropped ball and EW is on the spot to pick it up and run over under the posts. At this point the raiders are back in the match at 24-18 with about 20 minutes to go. The Experienced player has shown the way and now it's time for the youngsters to step up. Weekes kicks early in the count to Cotric's wing who gathers it in and tip toes down the sideline to score a great TRY. No conversion but its time for Strange to have a go. He grubbers off the outside of his right foot for Young to chase through and ground the ball for the TRY and the game is won 26-24. MOTM for mine would be EW who played the full 80 minutes in his comeback match and scored 2 and also had one try assist.

A Bye next week and I bet the players are looking forward to a week off for R&R before the game against the Bulldogs at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane.
mikeraider
Brett Mullins

Post by mikeraider »

I still can't believe we won that, I know I prayed for a converted try in the last 3.48 mins got half my wish...but coming back from 20 - 0 with a man in the bin and a heap of penalty against us, in the the wet conditions, with such a young raiders half paring, and against full strength manly side, Manly playing at home after winning x4 straight, it just incredible victory on the best from the raiders in recent history.
Canberra Raiders supporter though thick and thin from the very beginning.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: What a win

Post by reptar »

papabear wrote:I know there’s a game day thread but normally we bottle it from 20-0 up not the other way around. Such a game deserves its own thread.

What a win, never had so much fun at brooky…

From the ref sin binning hoppa a manly great due to a manly knock on , too Odin cursing them the next play , to the resurrection of Elliott whitehead to Nic cotric showing he’s a boss.

Fun fun times, go the bloody raiders!!!

Finally took my boys to a big win!!
Glad you enjoyed it!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal
I said in a group chat at the time and almost everyone in it agreed... losing the challenge and being forced to play for the win was a blessing in disguise and our best chance to snatch a very unlikely win

Curious if anyone else felt that way
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Mickey_Raider wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:47 pm Before I watch the game back, can someone give me the executive summary as to how we won that because at the ground I was too busy getting my lid off.
We bled green!
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Agree! I think it's time to part ways.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
President Clinton
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:54 pm interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal
I said in a group chat at the time and almost everyone in it agreed... losing the challenge and being forced to play for the win was a blessing in disguise and our best chance to snatch a very unlikely win

100%

And we RETAINED the challenge. It was perfect. We aren’t winning a field goal shoot out against DCE.
Last edited by President Clinton on May 3, 2024, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:54 pm interesting alternate reality... if EW wins the challenge down 22-24, we probably kick for goal

I’m tipping Finchy retrospectively would have felt the same as you :roflmao
BJ
Steve Walters

Re: What a win

Post by BJ »

That would have been magic. I was there in late 1991 when Mal scored late and kicked the winner from the sideline to keep us in the top 5.

Too many other times at Brookvale were very painful.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Green Taipan wrote: May 3, 2024, 8:55 pm
Agree! I think it's time to part ways.
Bit rough imo
Papa is always a slow starter, he was one our best only a few weeks ago... check back in round 15 and see how he's travelling
If he's struggling i doubt it's his heart that is letting him down btw.