Broncos 13+
35%

Total votes: 20

Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: 2024 Round 7 v Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1

Post by Mickey_Raider »

He seems to have slipped under the radar a bit with the great form of Timoko and the rise of Savage, Strange etc...

But I am looking for a big game from Seb Kris. I reckon he has started the season a bit quiet and playing within himself.

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't been bad or anything but I think he is a bit down on the 2022 form which prompted people to label him our starting left centre for the next decade.

Maybe he is readjusting after his year at FB last year and his suspension/early season concussion but I would like to see him lift a bit.
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: April 18, 2024, 9:42 am He seems to have slipped under the radar a bit with the great form of Timoko and the rise of Savage, Strange etc...

But I am looking for a big game from Seb Kris. I reckon he has started the season a bit quiet and playing within himself.

Don't get me wrong, he hasn't been bad or anything but I think he is a bit down on the 2022 form which prompted people to label him our starting left centre for the next decade.

Maybe he is readjusting after his year at FB last year and his suspension/early season concussion but I would like to see him lift a bit.
That’s a fair assessment Mickey. Be nice to see him put in a big performance this week
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That whole left side attack has been almost entirely rebuilt from last season's disaster of Cotric-Croker-Young-Wighton.

Kris is largely doing his job well and I'm sure will shine after a few kinks are ironed out in their positioning. The defence already looks infinitely better than last season.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Seiffert82 wrote: April 18, 2024, 12:45 pm That whole left side attack has been almost entirely rebuilt from last season's disaster of Cotric-Croker-Young-Wighton.

Kris is largely doing his job well and I'm sure will shine after a few kinks are ironed out in their positioning. The defence already looks infinitely better than last season.

The attack is going along nicely as well just quietly. If we get the points this week we will be on everyone’s radar.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I think Kris has been fine. His move to set up Savage vs Tigers was wonderful.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote: April 18, 2024, 1:04 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: April 18, 2024, 12:45 pm That whole left side attack has been almost entirely rebuilt from last season's disaster of Cotric-Croker-Young-Wighton.

The attack is going along nicely as well just quietly. If we get the points this week we will be on everyone’s radar.
We certainly got Haslers attention. Their tactics last week was to thwart our attack, and it nearly worked
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
raider1981
David Shillington

Post by raider1981 »

Looks like weather is going to be wet. Not sure who helps more us or the Broncs
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

It will be interesting how this week the game is controlled.
All week it's been highlighted how the Titans slowed the game down , which is against everything the NRL wants.
I expect the refs to want a fast game , if it's slowed down repeatedly I expect the bin to be used
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 18, 2024, 3:06 pm It will be interesting how this week the game is controlled.
All week it's been highlighted how the Titans slowed the game down , which is against everything the NRL wants.
I expect the refs to want a fast game , if it's slowed down repeatedly I expect the bin to be used
Nah. If Annesley’s presser is anything to go by, the refs will be paying extra attention to penalising Canberra as a square up.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Finchy wrote: April 18, 2024, 3:09 pm
LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 18, 2024, 3:06 pm It will be interesting how this week the game is controlled.
Nah. If Annesley’s presser is anything to go by, the refs will be paying extra attention to penalising Canberra as a square up.
We missed out on 28 penalties or 6 agains , possible sin binning. Not sure there needs to be a square up. We get those the Titans don't even go for a field goal .
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 18, 2024, 4:07 pm
Finchy wrote: April 18, 2024, 3:09 pm
We missed out on 28 penalties or 6 agains , possible sin binning. Not sure there needs to be a square up. We get those the Titans don't even go for a field goal .
He largely ignored that fact and focussed on the 10 times we were offside unpenalised and the “offside” charge down
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

good to see Hola on extended bench, he has to be the next man up in fowards in terms of who is available
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Surely Broncos won't run with both Smoothy and Sailor on the interchange against our forward pack... Te Kura or Taupau to push into the final 17 on game day possibly?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Raiders_Pat wrote: April 18, 2024, 4:34 pm Surely Broncos won't run with both Smoothy and Sailor on the interchange against our forward pack... Te Kura or Taupau to push into the final 17 on game day possibly?
Carrigan played 80 min last week and the 4 props shared time. Expect the similar on Saturday. Smoothy got a fair bit of time subbing Walters. Sailor is the utility back to cover injury. Only got garbage time minutes at the end when they had the game wrapped up.

Whether the same tactic works against the Raiders is yet to be seen. Realistically there was only those 3 tries in 6 mins that separated Broncos from Dolphins. The balance of the game was a pretty close contest.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

raider1981 wrote: April 18, 2024, 2:58 pm Looks like weather is going to be wet. Not sure who helps more us or the Broncs
Don't think it favours either team. Brings discipline and tactical kicking into play a bit more. Depends on which team handles it better on the night.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Regs Revolution »

Spiralling bombs from Fogs in the rain! No thanks.

Gonna be a massive task for Stewart. This will show us what he is made of.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2024, 5:07 pm
raider1981 wrote: April 18, 2024, 2:58 pm Looks like weather is going to be wet. Not sure who helps more us or the Broncs
Don't think it favours either team. Brings discipline and tactical kicking into play a bit more. Depends on which team handles it better on the night.
If Fogarty's kicking is on then it will favour us for sure
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2024, 5:03 pm
Raiders_Pat wrote: April 18, 2024, 4:34 pm Surely Broncos won't run with both Smoothy and Sailor on the interchange against our forward pack... Te Kura or Taupau to push into the final 17 on game day possibly?
Carrigan played 80 min last week and the 4 props shared time. Expect the similar on Saturday. Smoothy got a fair bit of time subbing Walters. Sailor is the utility back to cover injury. Only got garbage time minutes at the end when they had the game wrapped up.

Whether the same tactic works against the Raiders is yet to be seen. Realistically there was only those 3 tries in 6 mins that separated Broncos from Dolphins. The balance of the game was a pretty close contest.
Yeah it was against a depleted Dolphins pack though. I won't be disappointed at all if they run with the bench as named currently.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Regs Revolution wrote:Spiralling bombs from Fogs in the rain! No thanks.

I have been surprised at how many of those spiral bombs have been caught. Some of them look impossible but from memory I think only one has been dropped and another bounded and went dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Rick wrote:
Regs Revolution wrote:Spiralling bombs from Fogs in the rain! No thanks.

I have been surprised at how many of those spiral bombs have been caught. Some of them look impossible but from memory I think only one has been dropped and another bounded and went dead.

Twas a very underrated aspect of the Titans game last weekend. They did well, those kicks are as lethal as anything Burton does.

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Raiders_Pat wrote: April 18, 2024, 5:35 pm
Northern Raider wrote: April 18, 2024, 5:07 pm
If Fogarty's kicking is on then it will favour us for sure
Wow, you really know your footy lol

Imo it depends on the weather as to what bench they choose, smaller players may be better in the wet. Our defence needs to be switched on for this one for the whole 80. And line speed is important for every single tackle if we are being serious
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

And all fogarty needs with a bomb is height, it gets our defence downtown and hitting the catcher seconds after he gets the ball.
Pat Richards from the tigers used to kick very high for great affect, i think it was teddy trying to smash a raiders player and fractured his knee cap way back when...
Bluesbrother
Brett Mullins

Post by Bluesbrother »

Realistically this is a huge test for us. The Broncos are a genuine contender on their home deck. We're a young side on the rise.

The out's for them level the playing field a bit but I'd be happy with a good performance. I don't expect us to win but I'll take it and I'll be happy to be surprised.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Wet conditions generally favour the team who play through the middle, take less risks and have a better kicking game.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Seiffert82 wrote: April 18, 2024, 9:49 pm Wet conditions generally favour the team who play through the middle, take less risks and have a better kicking game.

You can't get this level of insight anywhere else folks. Riveting stuff.
Lamenting Actions
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

Reds are playing the Highlanders the night before at Suncorp. The playing surface is going to look like the surface of the moon just in time for us.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Lamenting Actions wrote:Reds are playing the Highlanders the night before at Suncorp. The playing surface is going to look like the surface of the moon just in time for us.
At least the grandstand will have been unused.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Rick wrote:
Lamenting Actions wrote:Reds are playing the Highlanders the night before at Suncorp. The playing surface is going to look like the surface of the moon just in time for us.

only be chopped up in the middle of the field

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Lamenting Actions
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Grace Kemp

Post by Lamenting Actions »

Rick wrote: April 19, 2024, 8:29 am
I'm in a meeting and pmsl. Was proudly unmuted.
-PJ- wrote: April 14, 2024, 9:07 pm I thought it went really good, now let’s go get some soft serve.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

afgtnk wrote: April 18, 2024, 10:37 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: April 18, 2024, 9:49 pm Wet conditions generally favour the team who play through the middle, take less risks and have a better kicking game.

You can't get this level of insight anywhere else folks. Riveting stuff.
The team that scores the most points will win the game.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

That’s some Bloker Roach level of insight.

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

dubby wrote: April 18, 2024, 1:25 pm

We certainly got Haslers attention. Their tactics last week was to thwart our attack, and it nearly worked
I think we're better from 30m out than 10m out at the moment though...
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Rick wrote:

Rick. Your comment provided more insight and caused more laughter than an Annesley referee review session.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Azza wrote: April 19, 2024, 11:39 am
dubby wrote: April 18, 2024, 1:25 pm

I think we're better from 30m out than 10m out at the moment though...
Definitely