Titans 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: 2024 Round 6 v Titans: Game Day

Post by RedRaider »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 15, 2024, 8:28 am
RedRaider wrote: April 15, 2024, 8:09 am I have just watched both post game pressers and Des Hasler is living down to his initials.
This made me laugh. Hope you had a nice B'day btw.
Thanks HKR. I had a top day and the Raiders winning was icing on the Birthday Cake.
On the Ref Casey Badger, I’ve never seen Annesley hang a ref out to dry like he has her. Why does he feel the need to publicly point out errors when he does not do the same with any of the bloke Refs. Very poor form imo. He better point out every error for every Ref from here on in.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

RedRaider wrote: April 16, 2024, 6:45 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: April 15, 2024, 8:28 am
RedRaider wrote: April 15, 2024, 8:09 am I have just watched both post game pressers and Des Hasler is living down to his initials.
This made me laugh. Hope you had a nice B'day btw.
Thanks HKR. I had a top day and the Raiders winning was icing on the Birthday Cake.
On the Ref Casey Badger, I’ve never seen Annesley hang a ref out to dry like he has her. Why does he feel the need to publicly point out errors when he does not do the same with any of the bloke Refs. Very poor form imo. He better point out every error for every Ref from here on in.
Hoping you had a happy birthday, old mate
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2024 Round 6 v Titans: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Rick wrote:The NRL could not have handled this worse if they tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree.

- Hung out less experienced ref to dry over a debatable infringement
- Ignored cynical tactics
- confused the **** out of everyone by implying many more penalties should have been called, when history has shown they want the opposite
- highlighted to everyone that they collect stats on offsides presumably from gps data unless annesley counted manually and they have quantitative data on who gets screwed
- use averages instead of medians for PTB speed. Pfft.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gangrenous wrote: April 16, 2024, 6:59 pm
Rick wrote:The NRL could not have handled this worse if they tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree.

- Hung out less experienced ref to dry over a debatable infringement
- Ignored cynical tactics
- confused the **** out of everyone by implying many more penalties should have been called, when history has shown they want the opposite
- highlighted to everyone that they collect stats on offsides presumably from gps data unless annesley counted manually and they have quantitative data on who gets screwed
- use averages instead of medians for PTB speed. Pfft.
And a former GC employee to boot..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Annersly was an ordinary Ref in his time. Off memory he never officiated a GF. Was always behind Harrigan and McCallum.

Be like having Jared Maxwell in the job, except he didn't work for the Titans..

If PVL is serious about the game, he needs the stones to make big decisions about rule enforcement
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: April 16, 2024, 7:08 pm Annersly was an ordinary Ref in his time. Off memory he never officiated a GF. Was always behind Harrigan and McCallum.

Be like having Jared Maxwell in the job, except he didn't work for the Titans..

If PVL is serious about the game, he needs the stones to make big decisions about rule enforcement
They (NRL) are solely responsible for all the hurt they have created.

Remember the controversy a couple of years ago when the Tigers were shafted in Townsville after the full time whistle was blown.

The game is out of control.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

pickles wrote:The problem with games that end in golden point is that the decisions in the last minutes of the game are overly scrutinised compared to every other decision in the game. The Titans gave away 3 set restarts in quick succession and easily could have had a player in the bin but that didn't happen. If it had do the raiders win more easily?

The other one titans fans are blowing up about was the Strange break saying that it was a clear shepherd. The only person in the line was Savage who passed the ball to Strange and whichever way he runs it isn't an obstruction or every run around play is also an obstruction.

We have lost games like this where there were fair more egregious decisions that went against us. It hurts but the Raiders won every element of that game, including on the score board in the end.
Yeah, on the shepherd non call. I heard the whinging so went back and watched it. Strange never ran behind Savage. He stopped before going behind him, and straightened up.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Now this may ruffle a few feathers but I don't mean any of this in a derogatory way. I think all ref's male or female should be treated with respect.
I watched the game with my Mrs at a pub in orange and had no sound.
The referee lost control of the game in my opinion and when she called penalties to the raiders I saw some of the gold coast players screaming at her and moving forward as if to try to intimidate her. Not on.

EDIT
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

However, the NRL did drop her.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

gerg wrote: April 16, 2024, 8:53 pm However, the NRL did drop her.

And put an inexperienced ref on the Titans v Manly game.

If you think Hasler pushed the boundaries to beat us what's he going to do to beat his old club who is currently taking him to court?

Graeme should be coming out and explaining why different refs got each game, not just dumping refs with the no explanation

Is Badger dumped because
A) she might have missed the off side rule
B) she didn't blow more penalties or sin bin Titans players
Or
C) there was some derogatory comments made online aimed at her being female?
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

The NRL dropping Badger after she handled an extremely difficult game quite well is absolutely disgusting.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:42 am The NRL dropping Badger after she handled an extremely difficult game quite well is absolutely disgusting.
This is the thing, we all ( rightly or not) think she has been dropped and that is what the media are saying

But maybe she has been "rested" to take the spot light and criticism off her? To protect her from some of the gender specific comments being made online.

Maxwell and Annasely need to come out and publicly support her.
Vaccinated
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:48 am
The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 10:42 am The NRL dropping Badger after she handled an extremely difficult game quite well is absolutely disgusting.
This is the thing, we all ( rightly or not) think she has been dropped and that is what the media are saying

But maybe she has been "rested" to take the spot light and criticism off her? To protect her from some of the gender specific comments being made online.

Well if that's what's happened it's a shame it's come to that. It's a shame she's been singled out and vilified for her performance based on her gender when she actually did a reasonable job in extremely difficult circumstances.

If that's actually what happened, people should be ashamed of themselves.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Nickman, I read a fair few gender specific awful comments online and there were articles about her being dropped where they were mentioned.

I have no idea IF that's why she was dropped to protect her. And thats the thing we don't know.

There was a reffing clanger in the Manly game, did that ref get dropped? There would have been other games where penalties were missed but the coaches didn't butt heads during the press conference.

If she was dropped to protect her thats not the way to do it, would you drop an indigenous ref if racist comments were made online?

I would hate to be a ref and not because of the actual reffing part. It's a boys club where if you are in the click you get the benefits, if you're not you get put under a bus.
Vaccinated
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dropping her for "protection" would be the absolute worst way of handling the situation.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:25 am

Well if that's what's happened it's a shame it's come to that. It's a shame she's been singled out and vilified for her performance based on her gender when she actually did a reasonable job in extremely difficult circumstances.

NRL should be commending Badger and telling Hasler to pull his **** head in. It was obvious to everyone that Titans tactics were to slow the ruck and get a headstart on the 10m. If anything they Titans got off light in regard to penalties and restarts. Should have been a lot more and sin bins for repeat infringements.

Instead Annersley comes up with his usual own goal by publicly showing Stewart may have offside on the field goal charge down. He then used slow-mo and freeze frame to demonstrate that Stewart was about 1m in front of where he should have been. There was probably 30 more incidents in this and most other games where players are that much or more offside.

This all comes across as trying to appease Hasler instead of calling him out. They now double down on failure by dropping the ref.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

He wasn't even offside, Badger was 1m further back than she should have been.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Finchy wrote:He wasn't even offside, Badger was 1m further back than she should have been.
Badger didn’t think he was offside or she would’ve called it.

I’m with The Nickman. She did a good job.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote: April 17, 2024, 12:17 pm Nickman, I read a fair few gender specific awful comments online and there were articles about her being dropped where they were mentioned.

I have no idea IF that's why she was dropped to protect her. And thats the thing we don't know.

There was a reffing clanger in the Manly game, did that ref get dropped? There would have been other games where penalties were missed but the coaches didn't butt heads during the press conference.

If she was dropped to protect her thats not the way to do it, would you drop an indigenous ref if racist comments were made online?

I would hate to be a ref and not because of the actual reffing part. It's a boys club where if you are in the click you get the benefits, if you're not you get put under a bus.
Couldn't agree more cat, it's disgusting that the pigs win again.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

reptar wrote: April 17, 2024, 1:00 pm
Finchy wrote:He wasn't even offside, Badger was 1m further back than she should have been.

And I agree with reptar on this.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 1:04 pm

I disagree with reptar because he agrees with The Nickman.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 1:54 pm

And I agree with you disagreeing with reptar, but agree with Nickman.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 12:36 pm
The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 11:25 am

NRL should be commending Badger and telling Hasler to pull his **** head in. It was obvious to everyone that Titans tactics were to slow the ruck and get a headstart on the 10m. If anything they Titans got off light in regard to penalties and restarts. Should have been a lot more and sin bins for repeat infringements.

Instead Annersley comes up with his usual own goal by publicly showing Stewart may have offside on the field goal charge down. He then used slow-mo and freeze frame to demonstrate that Stewart was about 1m in front of where he should have been. There was probably 30 more incidents in this and most other games where players are that much or more offside.

This all comes across as trying to appease Hasler instead of calling him out. They now double down on failure by dropping the ref.
Yeah I'll never understand the point of these briefings Annesesly does. They help nobody and piss off everybody. Hundreds of decisions happen every game and picking one to focus on is pointless, especially when it won't change the result anyway.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote: April 17, 2024, 2:01 pm

Well I agree with NR, but disagree with reptar.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz wrote: April 17, 2024, 2:05 pm Yeah I'll never understand the point of these briefings Annesesly does. They help nobody and piss off everybody. Hundreds of decisions happen every game and picking one to focus on is pointless, especially when it won't change the result anyway.
Yeah, I'm really annoyed at this particular briefing by Annesley. All that anyone has wanted to talk to me about this week is how the titans were robbed, and I have to patiently explain that Annesley also said the titans were offside a further 28 times throughout the game, to which every single person has responded with "Oh, I haven't seen that bit, I only heard about the charge down."

It's absolute garbage, and it's similar to the arguments we used to make with the likes of gangrenous and co. One decision doesn't make or break the game, if you want to take the game out of the refs' hands, you need to be better.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Yeah all the media has been about how “Des was right”. Um no, Ricky was right. The Titans got away with 28 unpenalised sets to our 10. They weren’t hard done by at all. And Chevy wasn’t offside! Annesley clearly missed the fact that the Titans play the ball was 11m out, not on the 10m line, so Chevy didn’t need to have his foot behind the goal line.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
reptar wrote: April 17, 2024, 1:00 pm Badger didn’t think he was offside or she would’ve called it.

Well, I agree with that.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

reptar wrote: April 17, 2024, 2:33 pm
The Nickman wrote:
Well, I agree with that.
I don't.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

The Nickman wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 1:54 pm I disagree with reptar because he agrees with The Nickman.
Well, I agree with that.
I don't.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 2:10 pm

If you agree with me then I no longer agree with me.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 5:10 pm
I disagree with that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: April 17, 2024, 5:50 pm
I disagree with that.
I agree, no wait, I disagree, or do I? I don't know any more. :(
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 8:52 pm
I disagree with that.
Should we have a beer somewhere Saturday to decide?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: April 18, 2024, 9:31 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 17, 2024, 8:52 pm
I disagree with that.
Should we have a beer somewhere Saturday to decide?
If you're in town for the Broncos game we might be able to organise
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

reptar wrote: April 17, 2024, 2:38 pm
The Nickman wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Well, I agree with that.
I don't.
I'm so confused, I don't even know what country I'm getting kicked out of anymore.