37%

Total votes: 27

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2024 Rd 3 v Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 8:59 pm
Botman wrote: March 21, 2024, 8:55 pm Seb Kris was ruled out of the fullback spot late last year, there was never any indication he was being considered for 5/8th an in fact it was clear from very early on in the pre season he wasnt a candidate at any position other than centre :lol:
The 5/8th spot was a 2 way race between a 1 game rookie and a 12 game import... there was no veteran to lean into here. It was Weekes or Strange.

**** are you talking about Billy? :lol:
A valid question that gets asked every day in every thread ...
Only because you don’t understand big words and are easily confused Funchy :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:32 pm
Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 8:59 pm
Botman wrote: March 21, 2024, 8:55 pm Seb Kris was ruled out of the fullback spot late last year, there was never any indication he was being considered for 5/8th an in fact it was clear from very early on in the pre season he wasnt a candidate at any position other than centre :lol:
The 5/8th spot was a 2 way race between a 1 game rookie and a 12 game import... there was no veteran to lean into here. It was Weekes or Strange.

**** are you talking about Billy? :lol:
A valid question that gets asked every day in every thread ...
Only because you don’t understand big words and are easily confused Funchy :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao
Dumb it down for me Billy, not sure I understand half of that
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Honest question - after he has officially dropped out of the squad, how is Ata behind Guler and Saulo in our depth chart? I'm obviously just a fan but I have legitimately seen no evidence to say either are better footballers than he is. In fact I'd go as far as to say he is clearly better than both and it appears obvious.

What am I missing?
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Wiki Special wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:44 pm Honest question - after he has officially dropped out of the squad, how is Ata behind Guler and Saulo in our depth chart? I'm obviously just a fan but I have legitimately seen no evidence to say either are better footballers than he is. In fact I'd go as far as to say he is clearly better than both and it appears obvious.

What am I missing?
That Ricky basically lost the dressing room a few years ago - three players wives whinging about him on socials, Hodgo giving up the captaincy, Bateman saga, GWilly saga, Curtis Scott saga, Papa and Huddo dropped to ressies, the wheels were falling off. Elliott stayed loyal when all the other poms didn't. Got rewarded with a big fat extension and given the captaincy even though his form had fallen of a cliff and he was aging fast. Now Ricky is rewarding that loyalty by picking him over younger better players.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:50 pm
Wiki Special wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:44 pm Honest question - after he has officially dropped out of the squad, how is Ata behind Guler and Saulo in our depth chart? I'm obviously just a fan but I have legitimately seen no evidence to say either are better footballers than he is. In fact I'd go as far as to say he is clearly better than both and it appears obvious.

What am I missing?
That Ricky basically lost the dressing room a few years ago - three players wives whinging about him on socials, Hodgo giving up the captaincy, Bateman saga, GWilly saga, Curtis Scott saga, Papa and Huddo dropped to ressies, the wheels were falling off. Elliott stayed loyal when all the other poms didn't. Got rewarded with a big fat extension and given the captaincy even though his form had fallen of a cliff and he was aging fast. Now Ricky is rewarding that loyalty by picking him over younger better players.
So in little words for you… Wiki asked about the rankings of three players. You made up a story that made mention of 8 players. None of them were the 3 that Wiki asked about. A for effort though Funchy - chin up son :roflmao :roflmao
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

What am I missing?
As far as player attributes it can only be age and experience being favoured in this case.
I wouldn't be dropping him either.
If this were a finals game and do or die Stick might very well have gone with Ata instead.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:01 pm

What am I missing?
So in little words for you… Wiki asked about the rankings of three players. You made up a story that made mention of 8 players. None of them were the 3 that Wiki asked about. A for effort though Funchy - chin up son :roflmao :roflmao
It’s an overall picture of why Ata is out of the team and EW is in. The rankings between Ata, Saulo, and Guler is a sideshow to bigger issue. If EW was out, Ata would be in.
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Post by Regs Revolution »

What am I missing?
Hahaha the most speculative post I’ve ever seen.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

What am I missing?
Wiki - I’m not convinced the round 3 selections truly reflect Ricky’s rankings of the three. It is a long season and Ata might not be best served spending all of it getting limited minutes in first grade. I suspect some longer NSW Cup minutes are likely part of the season plan for him. If next week was a knockout final I’m not so convinced we would see Guler and Saulo ahead of Ata.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:04 pm

What am I missing?
Not that far fetched considering basically everything mentioned was well publicised at the time.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:04 pm

What am I missing?
It’s an overall picture of why Ata is out of the team and EW is in. The rankings between Ata, Saulo, and Guler is a sideshow to bigger issue. If EW was out, Ata would be in.
Now you’re just trying too hard :nooo
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Botman wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:31 pm I think saying fans who dont live and die by results and who arent obsessive about it dont have passion is such a bad mischaractorisation
You can love the team and support the team with absolute passion and still put the sporting result into proper context

And to be clear, that's not how I go about my fandom. I'm an obsessive type... but there are a hell of a lot of fans who arent in the weed like i am who give just as much, if not more to the club than i do. Saying they're not real fans is... i have to be blunt about it... who the **** do you think you are to tell people how to be fans and what they must to qualify as a fan? :lol:

Ridiculous.
You high? Who said anything about telling people how to be fans?? You’re making assumptions and speculating on people delivering for the club and not supporting them like diehards do. What is your source here? Honestly, you have some really good views on footy most times but other times you just waffle on and your posts are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:06 pm

What am I missing?
Or not hard enough. Don’t make me dig up all the news stories for each point I made.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:07 pm
Botman wrote: March 21, 2024, 9:31 pm I think saying fans who dont live and die by results and who arent obsessive about it dont have passion is such a bad mischaractorisation
You can love the team and support the team with absolute passion and still put the sporting result into proper context

And to be clear, that's not how I go about my fandom. I'm an obsessive type... but there are a hell of a lot of fans who arent in the weed like i am who give just as much, if not more to the club than i do. Saying they're not real fans is... i have to be blunt about it... who the **** do you think you are to tell people how to be fans and what they must to qualify as a fan? :lol:

Ridiculous.
You high? Who said anything about telling people how to be fans?? You’re making assumptions and speculating on people delivering for the club and not supporting them like diehards do. What is your source here? Honestly, you have some really good views on footy most times but other times you just waffle on and your posts are about as useful as a chocolate teapot.
FWIW I could make good use of a chocolate teapot
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:07 pm

Or not hard enough. Don’t make me dig up all the news stories for each point I made.
Your credibility is on the line Funchy - get googling son!
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:06 pm

What am I missing?
Not that far fetched considering basically everything mentioned was well publicised at the time.
Yea cause the club spent millions of dollars cause EW stayed loyal. Give me a break.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:09 pm
Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:07 pm

Your credibility is on the line Funchy - get googling son!
**** it’ll take me a while. I’ll give it a red hot go in the morning
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:08 pm

Ridiculous.
Now you’re just looking desperate throwing out silly posts hoping to get a laugh. This is really getting ugly. :cry:
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:10 pm

What am I missing?
Yea cause the club spent millions of dollars cause EW stayed loyal. Give me a break.
I think you greatly underestimate Ricky and club regarding this
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:12 pm

I think you underestimate that at the end of the day, this is just business.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:11 pm
Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:08 pm

Ridiculous.
Now you’re just looking desperate throwing out silly posts hoping to get a laugh. This is really getting ugly. :cry:
I’m not desperate for anything, let alone laughs. I’ll leave that to the regular wannabe joker, you
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:13 pm

Indeed. The business of keeping one’s coaching job by rewarding loyal but underperforming players with more money, more years, and the captaincy
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:15 pm

Indeed. The business of keeping one’s coaching job by rewarding loyal but underperforming players with more money, more years, and the captaincy
You’ve literally debunked your own theory. If he was trying to keep his coaching job, why would he have resigned and made captain an underperforming player? Just stop. Please.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:18 pm
Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:15 pm

You’ve literally debunked your own theory. If he was trying to keep his coaching job, why would he have resigned and made captain an underperforming player? Just stop. Please.
Because the others left? EW stayed? “Here’s a reward for staying loyal and backing me to the rest of the playing group whose wives are bagging me out on insta?” This really isn’t that difficult to understand, even if you disagree
Regs Revolution
John Ferguson

It’s not that I am disagreeing or agreeing. It just doesn’t make sense. He would be hurting his chances of staying on as coach by signing an underperforming player. What you’re saying isn’t right in any way possible.

I genuinely think it’s sad for people to have agendas. And don’t get me wrong, I think he’s made an absolute motza of the team this week but who am I to judge? He would have considerably more insight than the experts here.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:26 pm It’s not that I am disagreeing or agreeing. It just doesn’t make sense. He would be hurting his chances of staying on as coach by signing an underperforming player. What you’re saying isn’t right in any way possible.

I genuinely think it’s sad for people to have agendas. And don’t get me wrong, I think he’s made an absolute motza of the team this week but who am I to judge? He would have considerably more insight than the experts here.
True that Reg
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Regs Revolution wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:26 pm It’s not that I am disagreeing or agreeing. It just doesn’t make sense. He would be hurting his chances of staying on as coach by signing an underperforming player. What you’re saying isn’t right in any way possible.

The players he “lost” left. Hodgo, Bateman, GWilly, Sutton. EW stayed and backed the coach, got rewarded for his loyalty. Not saying it’s the smartest decision by the club because he’s still here 3 years later on big coin and not contributing. But it’s happened. I have no agenda. Ricky makes some good decisions, some bad. He’s here for the foreseeable future. I’m not calling for his head.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:30 pm

The players he “lost” left. Hodgo, Bateman, GWilly, Sutton. EW stayed and backed the coach, got rewarded for his loyalty. Not saying it’s the smartest decision by the club because he’s still here 3 years later on big coin and not contributing. But it’s happened. I have no agenda. Ricky makes some good decisions, some bad. He’s here for the foreseeable future. I’m not calling for his head.
So Funchy, in a debate when someone debunks what you have said you don’t just say the same thing again. Reg has made his case against your points so try not to be boring and repetitive and maybe introduce something new. Also feel free to try these helpful hints if anyone ever invites you to a BBQ.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:34 pm

So Funchy, in a debate when someone debunks what you have said you don’t just say the same thing again. Reg has made his case against your points so try not to be boring and repetitive and maybe introduce something new. Also feel free to try these helpful hints if anyone ever invites you to a BBQ.
Hey Billy, look what found - you agreeing with what I’m saying in the EW Re-signing thread, only it wasn’t me saying it! Enjoy: https://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p1820722
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

So I just sat through the Matt Johns Show to get about 20 seconds of talk about the Raiders.

Souths got more coverage in one episode of 360 than the Raiders have had in all the episodes of the key rugby league shows this season.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:40 pm

Hey Billy, look what found - you agreeing with what I’m saying in the EW Re-signing thread, only it wasn’t me saying it! Enjoy: https://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... 2#p1820722
Funchy none of that references Guler, Ata or Saulo. You’re awfully confused this evening, and dare I say possibly a little flustered. Maybe time to put the forum down and get a bit of sleep I’d suggest.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:47 pm
Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:40 pm

Funchy none of that references Guler, Ata or Saulo. You’re awfully confused this evening, and dare I say possibly a little flustered. Maybe time to put the forum down and get a bit of sleep I’d suggest.
The argument with Regs is to do with EW and Ricky re-signing him due to loyalty/losing the dressing room. You’re on the sideline throwing pot shots like the troll you are, claiming I’ve been “debunked” when you in fact share the same view point, as your posting history shows. Well done Billy. Pick another one out of the net.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:46 pm HKR saying the same thing as me: https://www.thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopi ... 9#p1825869
I’ve always said originally isn’t your strong point Funchy, but when it comes to identifying a wagon to hitch your ride on you’re up there with the best. I bet your school reports made strong reference to you being an easily led and more a follower than a leader.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: March 21, 2024, 10:44 pm So I just sat through the Matt Johns Show to get about 20 seconds of talk about the Raiders.

Souths got more coverage in one episode of 360 than the Raiders have had in all the episodes of the key rugby league shows this season.
They only talked about the Raiders because they were discussing what’s wrong with the Rabbitohs. The just used the Raiders as an example of the sort of thing the Rabbitohs should be doing! At least there’s a positive side to it, I guess!