Tigers 13+
25%

Total votes: 12

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2024 Round 2 v Tigers: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

So in two weeks in a row have we had bigger wins than all last season?

Yep, Vossy just confirmed it as I’m typing this
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Strange had a great game. Hosking and Rapa were good. Timoko was a beast.

What was pleasing for me was holding them out in the 2nd half after all those repeat sets / penalties.

And the ball movement was good
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

It was easier for Staines to score than not to. Great to see Strange's tackle.

Strange was strong in attack and defence.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Very very good. It’s the new players laying the foundations for both wins. Building very nicely
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Very good win again. It was great to see them pick an edge and stick to targeting it as well as early ball movement in the first half. It's been a while since they have done that in attack. Second half the defense was great and I agree with the consensus on their fitness. Not scoring much is understandable with the HIA's.

I thought Hosking and Young were outstanding, as was Strange and Fog's kicking was exceptional again. Next week will be a cracker of a game.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Two weeks in a row I’ve been excited to watch the game, and both weeks I haven’t been disappointed. This truly does seem like a new era of Raiders football

I honestly don’t care if this team, playing this way, doesn’t even up making the 8. I just love the way they’re going about they’re craft in both attack AND defence

It’s just really nice to be enjoying my footy again
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Couldn't even put 40 on that mob.. embarrassing
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I’m impressed.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: March 16, 2024, 3:58 pm Two weeks in a row I’ve been excited to watch the game, and both weeks I haven’t been disappointed. This truly does seem like a new era of Raiders football

I honestly don’t care if this team, playing this way, doesn’t even up making the 8. I just love the way they’re going about they’re craft in both attack AND defence

Totally agree.

It's a new exciting era.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

radicalraider wrote:Couldn't even put 40 on that mob.. embarrassing
Definitely could’ve put more on them, and definitely could’ve put more on the knights last week, however I have to say there was no time in that match (even when the tigers got back to 14-12) where I started to get jittery or was feeling nervous. I always felt good about the game

And the same can be said last week too, it just never felt like we’d lose in both games so far
papabear
Steve Walters

Hosking and coaching favourites

Post by papabear »

I’m actually a fan of Ricky’s coaching, despite his flaws, people seem to forget that we were hot garbage for most of 20 years until he showed up.

That said his stubbornness with his favourites are a problem.

Imo Hopoate should have been dropped before cotric and either way cotric or hoppa should be on the bench as cover or a late stint in the middle if needed. More tapine time in the middle is good for us.

Hoskin has been excellent if he gets dropped for whitehead that will do me… he has been better then Hudson young with less opportunities…

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens… hopefully kris is ok for next week..
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: March 16, 2024, 3:58 pm Two weeks in a row I’ve been excited to watch the game, and both weeks I haven’t been disappointed. This truly does seem like a new era of Raiders football

Many were worried how we might go without Croker’s intangible contributions but I think we will be fine in this new era of raiders football
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Marshall, Farah and Heighington to start next week.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Re: Hosking and coaching favourites

Post by The Nickman »

This really seems like it could’ve been a post in the game day thread rather than a new thread in itself

It’s just a bunch of barely connected ramblings and musings
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

In terms of speed, is Strange fast?

Because at this stage we are not missing Wighton at all.

Strange defends as good, he kicks well, he reads the game and is doing everything right.

We actually look a bit better so far without Jack throwing the ball to Cooma or his erratic kicks.

Fog seems to enjoy being in charge
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

If Hosking gets dropped for Whitehead I'll write something angry on the internet.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Papalii

Post by Raoul Duke »

This Ethan Strange kid has the goods, Hosking is excellent, Jamal looks to have the platform to make his kicking game shine - I haven't been this excited about our future in quite a while.

How about Sezer still arguing with Rapa at the end of the game about whether his shot was high...hit him on the chin!

Aside from Api carving us up for a short period of time in the first, it was another good performance.

Despite everything, I still have a soft spot for Jonneh...you can't say the man doesn't give everything for his team and he was absolutely critical to our Grand Final appearance.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We aren’t missing Wighton one bit
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

I'm not a fan of Hoppa on the wing but he was pretty good today again. He showed a little bit more toe than usual to shut down Galvin, although maybe Galvin is just slow.

I think wait before you criticize him on the Whitehead thing. I'd say he won't be back for a while.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:05 pm We aren’t missing Wighton one bit
Who ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

118 - 24 across Flegg, Cup and first grade vs tigpies.
That’s a great day !!
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson

Post by Raoul Duke »

This Ethan Strange kid has the goods, Hosking is excellent, Jamal looks to have the platform to make his kicking game shine - I haven't been this excited about our future in quite a while.

How about Sezer still arguing with Rapa at the end of the game about whether his shot was high...hit him on the chin!

Aside from Api carving us up for a short period of time in the first, it was another good performance.

Despite everything, I still have a soft spot for Jonneh...you can't say the man doesn't give everything for his team and he was absolutely critical to our Grand Final appearance. Was a bit disappointing to hear the boos from the crowd before he even started the niggle to try and spark something to bring the Tigpies back.
NoMan
Brett Mullins

Post by NoMan »

I did think Galvin was pretty good. 1 down, 16 to go for the Tigers.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

It's looking very much that Jack was a lot of the reason for the inconsistent nonsense that has been dished up by the 2023 Raiders.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:06 pm
Who ?
The guy who's not playing for Souths.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson

Post by Raoul Duke »

delete
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Hosking shines as Raiders blow Tigers away

Zac Hosking is an early contender for recruit of the year. The Canberra Raiders second-rower has made an instant impact in the capital, showing not only his skill, strong defence, but versatility as well.

Hosking was part of a convincing Canberra 32-12 victory over Wests Tigers at Canberra Stadium on Saturday - their eighth win in a row against the combine club. He helped set Matt Timoko away on a massive break that eventually led to a Jordan Rapana try.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 32 (Danny Levi, Ethan Strange, Jordan Rapana, Xavier Savage, Zac Hosking tries; Jamal Fogarty 6 goals) bt WESTS TIGERS 12 (Samuela Fainu, Api Koroisau tries; Koroisau 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referee: Peter Gough. Crowd: 16,968

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH REPORT: Raiders dominate Tigers to continue perfect start

An in-form Raiders outfit have continued their perfect start to the season and wrecked Benji Marshall’s first game as coach with a big win over the Tigers. Marshall’s first outing as an NRL head coach didn’t go to plan as the Raiders took charge of Saturday’s match early and ran away with a 32-12 triumph to go 2-0 for the season.

A flashy first-half display where Canberra’s new-look left edge of Sebastian Kris and Xavier Savage ran amok helped the Raiders back up their round-one upset of Newcastle, defying any pre-season thought of a tumble down the ladder.

Read more: https://canberradaily.com.au/raiders-do ... ect-start/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders tear up Tigers for Ricky's 250th win: https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/03/16/rai ... 250th-win/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders prove too strong for Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2024/03 ... or-tigers/

Benji Marshall pulls halves change after ‘embarrassing’ moment exposes Tigers: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fd4e3b1cd8

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... nd-2-2024/

GALLERY: Raiders v Tigers: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... =776062867
Last edited by The Greenhouse on March 16, 2024, 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Honestly Whitehead can't just walk into the starting 13. Hosking's has been brilliant . He has to retain the right side 2nd row position.
Smithies is our lock , which means Horse moves to the front row. Guler to drop out.

We are developing into a good team , we have strong platform with our forwards , they have started the year fit.
Exciting days ahead
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson

Post by Raoul Duke »

NoMan wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:07 pm I did think Galvin was pretty good. 1 down, 16 to go for the Tigers.
Agreed. Api is still dangerous too. Aside from that, there isn't much there to work with. After Lee H mismanaging things for so long, it will take a fair bit for the Tigers to turn things around.
Last edited by Raoul Duke on March 16, 2024, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Raoul Duke wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:05 pm This Ethan Strange kid has the goods, Hosking is excellent, Jamal looks to have the platform to make his kicking game shine - I haven't been this excited about our future in quite a while.

Despite everything, I still have a soft spot for Jonneh...you can't say the man doesn't give everything for his team and he was absolutely critical to our Grand Final appearance.
I agree on Strange 100%.

And I also have a soft spot for Bateman. Different type of player but I get the feeling Smithies brings similar qualities to our team.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:09 pm Honestly Whitehead can't just walk into the starting 13. Hosking's has been brilliant . He has to retain the right side 2nd row position.
Smithies is our lock , which means Horse moves to the front row. Guler to drop out.

We are developing into a good team , we have strong platform with our forwards , they have started the year fit.
Exciting days ahead
It is a big worry how Whitehead and Hors will be brought in
Raoul Duke
Peter Jackson

Post by Raoul Duke »

Wiki Special wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:11 pm
Raoul Duke wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:05 pm This Ethan Strange kid has the goods, Hosking is excellent, Jamal looks to have the platform to make his kicking game shine - I haven't been this excited about our future in quite a while.

I agree on Strange 100%.

And I also have a soft spot for Bateman. Different type of player but I get the feeling Smithies brings similar qualities to our team.
He was the only one in that Tigers line ready to take that hit up after the last scrum, knowing we'd give him the business. Tough SOB, hopefully he has an influence on some of the younger guys at that club because the Tigers really need it.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Billy Walker wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:11 pm
LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:09 pm Honestly Whitehead can't just walk into the starting 13. Hosking's has been brilliant . He has to retain the right side 2nd row position.

Exciting days ahead
Horse for Guler is easy.
Whitehead is the worry.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

NoMan wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:07 pm I did think Galvin was pretty good. 1 down, 16 to go for the Tigers.
Good call and agreed
Id be excited by that debut if i were a tigers fans.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:12 pm
Billy Walker wrote: March 16, 2024, 4:11 pm

Exciting days ahead
Horse for Guler is easy.
Whitehead is the worry.
Mooney had over 200 yards for NSW Cup today, he should be playing FG next week in Guler's spot