Canberra Raiders miss out on signing a second-row target Luciano Leilua

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders miss out on signing a second-row target Luciano Leilua

Post by greeneyed »

The Broncos have just re-signed Riki and Piakura to end 2027.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:The Broncos have just re-signed Riki and Piakura to end 2027.
Shirley they have some younger blokes who'll be looking for an opportunity before 2027?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Just reading through the thread

If it’s true regarding the lack of salary cap space then I am very disappointed. This has happened previously
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:Just reading through the thread

If it’s true regarding the lack of salary cap space then I am very disappointed. This has happened previously
You have previously been disappointed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL investigating Luciano Leilua over failure to report DUI offence

The NRL is investigating St George Illawarra’s new signing Luciano Leilua’s failure to disclose a recent drink-driving offence. His former club the Cowboys and the NRL were kept in the dark for weeks, only made aware of his indiscretion via a phone call tip-off from a local newspaper editor.

The drink-driving charge, his failure to alert the club and, according to club sources, a poor attitude at training, is why the Cowboys gave him the OK to negotiate elsewhere.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... b3b27785e4
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Hadn't the cows been talking about this for quite a while? A case of just passing the buck?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: February 24, 2024, 6:53 pm Hadn't the cows been talking about this for quite a while? A case of just passing the buck?
This is the first time this has come to light. But, yes, it is clear he was (is) a problem they were trying to offload. Problem dodged for the Raiders.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: February 24, 2024, 7:03 pm
zim wrote: February 24, 2024, 6:53 pm Hadn't the cows been talking about this for quite a while? A case of just passing the buck?
This is the first time this has come to light. But, yes, it is clear he was (is) a problem they were trying to offload. Problem dodged for the Raiders.
I hope we did our due diligence and ran a mile rather than did our best and luckily missed him.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Billy Walker wrote: February 24, 2024, 9:31 pm
I hope we did our due diligence and ran a mile rather than did our best and luckily missed him.
It is reported LL will miss the first 2 rounds of the 2024 season for not immediately reporting his DUI. Sticky went hard for him and he chose to be closer to family in Sydney. Lucky for us.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Last edited by Seiffert82 on February 29, 2024, 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: February 29, 2024, 6:59 pm
It is reported LL will miss the first 2 rounds of the 2024 season for not immediately reporting his DUI. Sticky went hard for him and he chose to be closer to family in Sydney. Lucky for us.
Hard to argue if you don't have a drivers licence.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: February 29, 2024, 8:49 pm
BnM he received a 1 month drivers licence suspension and $300 fine. The way I read it the suspension started from February 7, so he only has a week to go without a licence. I understand from a Dragons fan that LL had training issues the first time he was there and is surprised the club wanted him back. Maybe Shane Flanagan and Dean Young reckon they can move him in the right direction. Time will tell. I am happy he chose St George.

Dragons recruit under investigation for failing to report drink driving charge: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e40bcdc05e
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: March 1, 2024, 4:39 am
BadnMean wrote: February 29, 2024, 8:49 pm

BnM he received a 1 month drivers licence suspension and $300 fine. The way I read it the suspension started from February 7, so he only has a week to go without a licence. I understand from a Dragons fan that LL had training issues the first time he was there and is surprised the club wanted him back. Maybe Shane Flanagan and Dean Young reckon they can move him in the right direction. Time will tell. I am happy he chose St George.

Dragons recruit under investigation for failing to report drink driving charge: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e40bcdc05e
I was trying to be funny. Clearly I am not.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I think you're funny, BnM.