The Politics Thread 2024

Discuss all the events of the day

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
samvucago
Peter Jackson
Posts: 261
Joined: November 5, 2014, 6:01 pm
Favourite Player: Jon Hardy

The Politics Thread 2024

Post by samvucago »

Who kicks off the 2024 Politics thread ??
She is gonna be an absolute circus this one. Strap yourself in for a US election, a couple of wars, the president of the QLD woke clique trying to be funny and disparaging at the same time, a few Greta’s and some neo-liberal accusations. Good luck to all that wade into these murky waters this year, play nicely 😂😂
Last edited by samvucago on January 1, 2024, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16696
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by gangrenous »

You do
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

gangrenous wrote: January 1, 2024, 9:49 am You do Image
I do what!? :?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Posts: 4380
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Big Papa
Location: North Sydney

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Inflation down to 4.3%.

Looking forward to it shooting right back up in circa August/September when the stage 3 tax cuts start washing through the economy.

Terrible policy which at least in its current form will be an inflationary bonfire.

But the government will no doubt be wedged by an idiot commentariat, opposition and large swathes of the public more interested in politics and the sacred notion of election promises rather than good public policy.
Up The Milk
User avatar
Off
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16409
Joined: May 20, 2007, 5:13 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Off »

EDIT I'm buying my veal for my Australia Day bbq at Coles this year, The flag will be flown higher than ever before.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
This place is woke.
User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 16696
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by gangrenous »

So Question… did Woolies stop selling them because of left wing wokeism? Or because of capitalism and the right wing should celebrate the free market?
User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Posts: 4380
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Big Papa
Location: North Sydney

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Mickey_Raider »

gangrenous wrote: January 13, 2024, 8:37 am So Question… did Woolies stop selling them because of left wing wokeism? Or because of capitalism and the right wing should celebrate the free market? Image
The irony should not be lost on anyone with half a brain (ie it would have been well and truly lost on Q) that Dutton and his people who have spent so much time decrying culture wars and blasting others for not focusing on bread and butter issues like cost of living are spending their time engaged in culture wars and not focusing on issues like cost of living. A review into supermarket prices was literally announced the same day but Spud is more interested in doing a pantomime cultural war dance around the maypole about Woolies not stocking crappy plastic Aussie flags.
Up The Milk
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42183
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Botman »

Question wrote: January 13, 2024, 7:44 am EDIT I'm buying my veal for my Australia Day bbq at Coles this year, The flag will be flown higher than ever before.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
Because they wont selling very **** australia day merch mass produced in China?
Odd stance but sure, ok! Sky news is putting in work on the Q's of the world :lol:
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 35406
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by -TW- »

**** hell conservatives really can't understand business decisions

This **** sits in the dock all **** year, it's impossible to get rid of other than the 6 people that buy one of those cheaply made pieces of crap. It's a dead weight loss, hence why they aren't stocking it.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 51068
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by The Nickman »

So where are you going to buy your cheap plastic Australian flags for Australia Day from this year, dubby?

Genuine question, I'm interested to know where you'll instead be buying them from.
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

I actually own an ANF which flies freely in my yard.

And it was made in Australia, just so you know.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote: January 15, 2024, 11:20 am **** hell conservatives really can't understand business decisions

This **** sits in the dock all **** year, it's impossible to get rid of other than the 6 people that buy one of those cheaply made pieces of crap. It's a dead weight loss, hence why they aren't stocking it.
But wait a second. Woolworths also sold a book promoting the Voice, co-written by leading Voice campaigner Thomas Mayo.

They spent $1.55 million supporting the Voice.

How can you explain those business decisions?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 51068
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: January 15, 2024, 11:35 am I actually own an ANF which flies freely in my yard.

And it was made in Australia, just so you know.
Yeah, but for Australia Day where are you going to buy your little plastic flags now that you're boycotting Woolies?
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: January 15, 2024, 11:56 am
dubby wrote: January 15, 2024, 11:35 am I actually own an ANF which flies freely in my yard.

And it was made in Australia, just so you know.
Yeah, but for Australia Day where are you going to buy your little plastic flags now that you're boycotting Woolies?
Kwik E Mart.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

:hmmm Not sure I said I was boycotting them. Just that they can get stuffed.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 51068
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by The Nickman »

So they can get stuffed because they're no longer selling items you don't want to buy, and have no intention of buying?

Interesting.
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 35406
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by -TW- »

dubby wrote:And it's not about stock sitting on the shelf Image

Their statement said " We recognise the national holiday, but also respect that Australia Day means different things to different parts of the community and want to show respect to all who come into our stores"

What an illogical and blind thing to say.

That strips bare Woolworths’ gross hypocrisy, since the Voice also meant “different things to different people”.
You're just gullible, it's 100% cause this **** doesn't sell, hence they're not selling it.
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote:
dubby wrote:And it's not about stock sitting on the shelf Image

Their statement said " We recognise the national holiday, but also respect that Australia Day means different things to different parts of the community and want to show respect to all who come into our stores"

What an illogical and blind thing to say.

That strips bare Woolworths’ gross hypocrisy, since the Voice also meant “different things to different people”.
You're just gullible, it's 100% cause this **** doesn't sell, hence they're not selling it.
Rubbish.

Their statement says otherwise.

And their investment into Yes campaign suggests so, too.



Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 35406
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by -TW- »

Businesses write donations off on tax all the time.

Surely you're not that stupid to compare oranges with cheese. It's completely different
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote: January 15, 2024, 12:30 pm Businesses write donations off on tax all the time.

Surely you're not that stupid to compare oranges with cheese. It's completely different
They spent investor's money without permission or notification on a political issue.

You're clutching at straws here, Tim
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145270
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by greeneyed »

I'm re-opening this thread, but in doing so, I'd like to underline The Greenhouse site guidelines: viewtopic.php?p=284935#p284935

So... please be respectful of others - other posters, people in general - and express your views in reasonable terms... and if posts giving any hint of breaching the guidelines, they'll be deleted. If you think a post has breached the guidelines, report it, don't breach the guidelines yourself. This is a footy forum fundamentally. Quite happy to lock the thread again...
Image
User avatar
papabear
Steve Walters
Posts: 7046
Joined: August 27, 2007, 2:26 pm
Location: leafy part of sydney

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by papabear »

In the spirit of GEs post

Personal insult:-

Surely you're not that stupid to compare oranges with cheese

The surely you're not at the start doesnt save it, the post should remove the first five words, makes the same point without being rude. It reminds me of an old colleague at work who would say, this is going to sound sexist / racist then proceeds to say something sexist or racist.

If you have to start your sentence trying to minimise the insult / harm in the words it probably isnt worth saying.

Swinging back around I think we can all be a little better in communicating with eachother and try and read what eachother says in the light they want it be read (or as kind as light as possible) then trying to find ways to ham on eachother.
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22905
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Dr Zaius »

I'm a proud Australian and extremely grateful everyday for having been lucky enough to be born here. There is no country that I'd rather live. But I don't need to show my gratitude by buying cheap plastic crap manufactured in China. It's astounding that with all the bad things happening in the world, this is what triggers people.
User avatar
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Posts: 9978
Joined: May 15, 2015, 8:47 pm
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd
Location: Darwin, N.T.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Sid »

From what I understand the DPP winning the Taiwan election is a good outcome for Australia as they support the status quo

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 42183
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 17, 2024, 4:17 pm I'm a proud Australian and extremely grateful everyday for having been lucky enough to be born here. There is no country that I'd rather live. But I don't need to show my gratitude by buying cheap plastic crap manufactured in China. It's astounding that with all the bad things happening in the world, this is what triggers people.
Yeah agreed, and i think people downplaying/ignoring the actual money and logisitics side of this arent being serious either

Woolies are looking at cheap, crappy merch that barely sells, takes time and money to move around their stores and set up for very minimal return and they can get rid of that entire fiasco and sell it as a progressive stance... and what's the consequences of that? The very few who actually do "boycott" Woolies will be back in the stores within 30 days and they'll likely offset those people with progressives who choose to shop there over coles etc to reward this sort of stance... ill wager their profits wont take even the smallest of dents long or short term... that's just sound business in 2024.

As this thread showed, even the people upset with this decision dont want to buy this ****. If woolies made a profit off this **** there is no chance they'd be doing this. It's business sold as progressive policy.
Last edited by Botman on January 17, 2024, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Posts: 4380
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Big Papa
Location: North Sydney

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Mickey_Raider »

It is not dissimilar to the outrage exhibited by coincidentally the same people when banks and institutional investors don’t want to invest in coal anymore.

They attack these decisions as “woke” or “virtue signalling” when in reality it is because the industry has no long term future. Or at least, it has no future on the same terms it did over the previous 100 years.

Much like the crappy plastic flags, if coal was projected to still be making the big bucks over a longer time scale you best believe these woke virtue signallers would still be pouring their capital into it and making their shareholders rich.
Up The Milk
User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 17290
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by T_R »

Mickey_Raider wrote:It is not dissimilar to the outrage exhibited by coincidentally the same people when banks and institutional investors don’t want to invest in coal anymore.

They attack these decisions as “woke” or “virtue signalling” when in reality it is because the industry has no long term future. Or at least, it has no future on the same terms it did over the previous 100 years.

Much like the crappy plastic flags, if coal was projected to still be making the big bucks over a longer time scale you best believe these woke virtue signallers would still be pouring their capital into it and making their shareholders rich.
My WHC shares are up 414% in 2 years. Coals doing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
User avatar
gerg
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by gerg »

Switching back to US politics I see Trump is rolling through Iowa. He's totally going to win this whole damn thing again isn't he?

... crossing live to our political betting analyst @The Nickman

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22905
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Dr Zaius »

gerg wrote:Switching back to US politics I see Trump is rolling through Iowa. He's totally going to win this whole damn thing again isn't he?

... crossing live to our political betting analyst @The Nickman

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
He's unbackable favourite to win the Republican nomination ($1.06) and the clear favourite to win the presidency ($2.10) over Biden ($2.80).

Unbelievable that a person could incite an insurrection and be looking at moving into the White House not gaol. What a bizarre country.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 51068
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote:It is not dissimilar to the outrage exhibited by coincidentally the same people when banks and institutional investors don’t want to invest in coal anymore.

They attack these decisions as “woke” or “virtue signalling” when in reality it is because the industry has no long term future. Or at least, it has no future on the same terms it did over the previous 100 years.

Much like the crappy plastic flags, if coal was projected to still be making the big bucks over a longer time scale you best believe these woke virtue signallers would still be pouring their capital into it and making their shareholders rich.
My WHC shares are up 414% in 2 years. Coals doing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Clever investing. And you Stan to make More money if you look for similar companies on the same track as Whitehaven was a few years ago.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 51068
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by The Nickman »

gerg wrote:Switching back to US politics I see Trump is rolling through Iowa. He's totally going to win this whole damn thing again isn't he?

... crossing live to our political betting analyst @The Nickman

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
It’s looking increasingly like it, isn’t it? I think the one saving grace here is that a lot can happen in twelve months, but yeah, ****’s bad
User avatar
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Posts: 4380
Joined: March 16, 2008, 7:15 am
Favourite Player: Big Papa
Location: North Sydney

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Mickey_Raider »

T_R wrote: January 17, 2024, 10:19 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote:It is not dissimilar to the outrage exhibited by coincidentally the same people when banks and institutional investors don’t want to invest in coal anymore.

They attack these decisions as “woke” or “virtue signalling” when in reality it is because the industry has no long term future. Or at least, it has no future on the same terms it did over the previous 100 years.

Much like the crappy plastic flags, if coal was projected to still be making the big bucks over a longer time scale you best believe these woke virtue signallers would still be pouring their capital into it and making their shareholders rich.
My WHC shares are up 414% in 2 years. Coals doing just fine.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Yes coal is doing just fine at this moment.

However I don't think woke CEOs make decisions to lock their companies into 70 year coal mine projects by looking at the daily share price fluctuation in the AFR.
Up The Milk
User avatar
dubby
Don Furner
Posts: 33957
Joined: May 16, 2006, 12:14 pm
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga
Location: You have never heard of it.

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by dubby »

Botman wrote: January 17, 2024, 7:09 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: January 17, 2024, 4:17 pm I'm a proud Australian and extremely grateful everyday for having been lucky enough to be born here. There is no country that I'd rather live. But I don't need to show my gratitude by buying cheap plastic crap manufactured in China. It's astounding that with all the bad things happening in the world, this is what triggers people.
Yeah agreed, and i think people downplaying/ignoring the actual money and logisitics side of this arent being serious either

Woolies are looking at cheap, crappy merch that barely sells, takes time and money to move around their stores and set up for very minimal return and they can get rid of that entire fiasco and sell it as a progressive stance... and what's the consequences of that? The very few who actually do "boycott" Woolies will be back in the stores within 30 days and they'll likely offset those people with progressives who choose to shop there over coles etc to reward this sort of stance... ill wager their profits wont take even the smallest of dents long or short term... that's just sound business in 2024.

As this thread showed, even the people upset with this decision dont want to buy this ****. If woolies made a profit off this **** there is no chance they'd be doing this. It's business sold as progressive policy.
This isn't about sales of cheap merchandise. As I've said, they have a week for other minuscule markets including NAIDOC and a whole month of pride.

But, let's take a moment to talk sales.

The average Australian grocery spend during November 2023 was $187 per week. If 100 people decided to "boycott" their local Woolies for 4 weeks, $187 × 100 people = $18700 × 4 = $74800

That's just one store.

There are 2259 Woolworths stores in Australia.

2259 x 74800 = $169,973,200.

That's a fair chunk of coin

I personally don't think will happen, but to think they won't cop some financial loss as a result may not be accurate.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
User avatar
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga
Posts: 22905
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:
Botman wrote: January 17, 2024, 7:09 pm
Dr Zaius wrote: January 17, 2024, 4:17 pm I'm a proud Australian and extremely grateful everyday for having been lucky enough to be born here. There is no country that I'd rather live. But I don't need to show my gratitude by buying cheap plastic crap manufactured in China. It's astounding that with all the bad things happening in the world, this is what triggers people.
Yeah agreed, and i think people downplaying/ignoring the actual money and logisitics side of this arent being serious either

Woolies are looking at cheap, crappy merch that barely sells, takes time and money to move around their stores and set up for very minimal return and they can get rid of that entire fiasco and sell it as a progressive stance... and what's the consequences of that? The very few who actually do "boycott" Woolies will be back in the stores within 30 days and they'll likely offset those people with progressives who choose to shop there over coles etc to reward this sort of stance... ill wager their profits wont take even the smallest of dents long or short term... that's just sound business in 2024.

As this thread showed, even the people upset with this decision dont want to buy this ****. If woolies made a profit off this **** there is no chance they'd be doing this. It's business sold as progressive policy.
This isn't about sales of cheap merchandise. As I've said, they have a week for other minuscule markets including NAIDOC and a whole month of pride.

But, let's take a moment to talk sales.

The average Australian grocery spend during November 2023 was $187 per week. If 100 people decided to "boycott" their local Woolies for 4 weeks, $187 × 100 people = $18700 × 4 = $74800

That's just one store.

There are 2259 Woolworths stores in Australia.

2259 x 74800 = $169,973,200.

That's a fair chunk of coin

I personally don't think will happen, but to think they won't cop some financial loss as a result may not be accurate.
I don't think that it will happen because very few people could care less tagt they aren't selling this stuff. Just a loud minority who like to get outraged.
User avatar
gerg
Laurie Daley
Posts: 12680
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: The Politics Thread 2024

Post by gerg »

As mentioned by other posters it's hardly an issue to get worked up about. The world order is on the brink of collapse with extremely serious conflict in Europe, with threats of nuclear war and the already precarious situation in the middle east just getting worse and worse each passing day, again with nuclear weapons being threatened. An unstable Pacific and North Asia. Extreme idealogical differences in US politics. A serious climate situation which doesn't appear any closer to any agreement or desire to fix it. A continuation of military rebellions in Africa.

But yeah, let's focus on a grocery store not stocking a cheap plastic flag? It is possible that they aren't stocking it because of financial reasons AND because of social / PR reasons.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Post Reply