Ethan Sanders signs three year deal with Canberra Raiders

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Eels half Ethan Sanders agrees to terms with Raiders for three year deal from 2025

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: April 27, 2024, 10:29 pm
LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 27, 2024, 10:05 pm we should try and get him early. Get him into our system. Give him a few games in the top grade.
Parra can have Hoppa, Cotric or Levi or all 3 to make it happen
Two of Billy's favourites and a Billy whipping boy, interesting combination.
You’re not a raiders fan - you’re a Billy fan! :thumbsup :roflmao
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Re: Eels half Ethan Sanders agrees to terms with Raiders for three year deal from 2025

Post by VictorTheViking »

I wonder if they'll try and get him early now

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

VictorTheViking wrote: April 29, 2024, 10:36 am I wonder if they'll try and get him early now Image

Im certain they'll try but with the Moses injury being long term and his debut game sort of cementing his spot in FG short term... i cant see the Eels releasing him now.
Circumstances have not gone our way on this... if Moses was healthy, and they hadn't seen Asi and Tulagi options perform as they have we'd have a shot, but right now based on what they do know, he's now their primary back up half and until Moses comes back, he's starting for them.

Tough sitch for us im afraid.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: April 27, 2024, 10:05 pm we should try and get him early. Get him into our system. Give him a few games in the top grade.
Parra can have Hoppa, Cotric or Levi or all 3 to make it happen
If we came asking for an early release and I was Parra I'd say give us Mariota or Savage and we can talk. We'd rightfully baulk at that and wait till next season.

I just can't see any deal to be made here that suits both sides.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

You definitely don't give them those players. You negotiate but they wouldn't move anyway until Moses is back
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Who would you give them then? They won't be chasing our contractual liabilities like Levi and Hoppa. I don't see why they'd have a short term need for Cotric, but even if they did they'd have to squeeze his half-year salary in.

Having a competent back up half is way more valuable than any of those players, as we found out the hard way last night.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I would open talks with Schiller and the Eels to see if that could work

He's leaving us anyways, the coach loves Hoppa, we've still got Crotic and Asomua around the top 30. So he's someone we can afford to let go
For him, he's on his way out of town anyways, a short staycation in sydney where he'll play FG (we see it to him that Hoppa is getting his job here anyways)
For Parra, they need a short term quality outside back, they dont need a long term option as they've signed Lomax. They're playing Sivo, Simo and Harper... Cant tell me Schiller isnt an upgrade in their backline

Would it work? honestly doubt it... but that's who i'd try to sell Parra on to get Sanders early
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Moses is back in three weeks, they should just give us Strangers then.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

We're not trading anyone of value who's contracted for 2025 just to get a guy here a few months early.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
RaiderSpark
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Past:Mal Meninga
Present:Xavier Savage

Post by RaiderSpark »

Has the 10 day cooling period finished yet?

Memories of Tedesco

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Autism Awareness - Accept Understand Love
bayraider
Noa Nadruku

Post by bayraider »

I am very nervous
GE any inside information on when we might announce his signature???
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Be just like the roosters to hijack this

Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

Relax. He has told Parramatta and his team mates that he is going to Canberra.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bayraider wrote: April 30, 2024, 12:28 pm I am very nervous
Thursday
greeneyed
Don Furner

Eels half Ethan Sanders agrees to terms with Raiders for three year deal from 2025

Post by greeneyed »

bayraider wrote:I am very nervous
Afraid not, beyond the time frames already mentioned. And it wasn’t last Thursday. The 10 days should be up by this Friday/Saturday at the latest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

RaiderSpark wrote: April 30, 2024, 11:53 am Has the 10 day cooling period finished yet?

ImageMemories of Tedesco

I am not sure the same risk is there. For Sanders to reneg on the deal, Parra would have to be able to match the Raiders offer and they have shown up to now that they are unable to do that. So short of Moses or Brown suffering a career ending injury over the next couple of days, I think we are safe.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Bay53 wrote: April 30, 2024, 2:58 pm
RaiderSpark wrote: April 30, 2024, 11:53 am Has the 10 day cooling period finished yet?

ImageMemories of Tedesco

I am not sure the same risk is there. For Sanders to reneg on the deal, Parra would have to be able to match the Raiders offer and they have shown up to now that they are unable to do that. So short of Moses or Brown suffering a career ending injury over the next couple of days, I think we are safe.
They don’t have to match the offer. He could stay for less. Not that I think its likely.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

They've apparently made several attempts over the last few months to retain him, put offers forward and he's rejected them all.
I dont think there is much risk of us not getting him. Frankly he'd be a fool to knock back the money (and opportunity) we're offering
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

Yeah, if this was getting flipped it would have happened long ago. Chill guys. Sit back and wait for the official announcement.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

You don't go and sit down with coach and tell him you are leaving to only then reneg. Coach has also told the media that he is leaving. It's happening we announced some women re-signing today , we arent going to take the spot light off that by announcing Sanders
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

He won't go to Roosters, they've got Sandon Smith and I suspect will buy someone proven on top of him too
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Canberra Milk wrote: April 30, 2024, 6:56 pm He won't go to Roosters, they've got Sandon Smith and I suspect will buy someone proven on top of him too
*Brandon
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

I’m confident they’ll have Welsby next year.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Coastalraider wrote: April 30, 2024, 7:28 pm I’m confident they’ll have Welsby next year.
Ignoring the roosters component of it... i hope so. Dodd and Welsby coming to test themselves in the NRL would be cool to see!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Botman wrote:
Coastalraider wrote: April 30, 2024, 7:28 pm I’m confident they’ll have Welsby next year.
Ignoring the roosters component of it... i hope so. Dodd and Welsby coming to test themselves in the NRL would be cool to see!
Just sucks that it would be with clubs like Easts and Souths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote: April 30, 2024, 7:22 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: April 30, 2024, 6:56 pm He won't go to Roosters, they've got Sandon Smith and I suspect will buy someone proven on top of him too
*Brandon
Man, people spell that name more incorrectly than anyone, don't they?

Even more than Crotic and Hoskingson.
Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Botman wrote: April 30, 2024, 7:50 pm
No it wouldn’t.
RaiderSpark
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Past:Mal Meninga
Present:Xavier Savage

Post by RaiderSpark »

Finchy wrote:
*Brandon
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic

Autism Awareness - Accept Understand Love
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

I thought is was Sandon Bmith

Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

RaiderSpark wrote: May 1, 2024, 10:16 am
Finchy wrote:
*Brandon
I can't tell if he's being sarcastic

Narrator: “He was”
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

He wants to play with Strange and Stewart - his NSW U19 buddies. He sees the potential for them as a group. He is not backing out.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

1500 posts!

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Seiffert82 wrote:1500 posts!

That better translate to try assists in his first year.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Rick wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote:1500 posts!

That better translate to try assists in his first year.

It's only fair.

Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

Bit late to the party, but I was blown away with how straight Sanders played for a young half. Our outside backs are going to thrive under him and Strange.