Corey Harawira Naera’s career remains in limbo

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
zim
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10919
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp
Location: Sydney

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by zim »

That's great to hear. Time to change careers.
For those curious I also looked at cures/management. There is medication or a procedure called Radiofrequency catheter ablation where they can destroy or disrupt the parts of the electrical system causing the arrhythmia so he may be holding out some sort of hope that as the months tick on he gets some results, but personally I'd take the money and run.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:28 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:17 pm Aren’t the Raiders getting salary cap relief while CHN is sidelined? I thought the club was… or at least it was being sought. That’s the appropriate course of action for the club in these circumstances. You can’t just sack someone, certainly not in this situation. The club wouldn’t want to do it either.
As I said I don't want him " just sacked" but the Raiders need to find some path out IF the NRL don't give us salary cap relief. I have seen a report long ago we asked for it but I'm yet to read anything saying we got it.

Corey's contract ends 2025 with another year in the player's favour. This is a tricky and new situation for the NRL , as people have said noone has played contact sport with an internal defib. Corey could spend 2024 and 2025 looking for 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinions, if the NRL/club doctors won't clear him to play and the NRL don't grant us salary cap relief we are playing with a 29 man squad but paying for 30 for 2 years
I feel like many moons ago someone correctly predicted this is exactly where we would be in relation to this situation and was shouted down and told it was all going to be easily resolved. Oh that’s right it was me. Buckle up - there are lots more chapters to get through before we reach the end of this story….
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145523
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker wrote: February 21, 2024, 10:00 pm
cat wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:28 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:17 pm Aren’t the Raiders getting salary cap relief while CHN is sidelined? I thought the club was… or at least it was being sought. That’s the appropriate course of action for the club in these circumstances. You can’t just sack someone, certainly not in this situation. The club wouldn’t want to do it either.
As I said I don't want him " just sacked" but the Raiders need to find some path out IF the NRL don't give us salary cap relief. I have seen a report long ago we asked for it but I'm yet to read anything saying we got it.

Corey's contract ends 2025 with another year in the player's favour. This is a tricky and new situation for the NRL , as people have said noone has played contact sport with an internal defib. Corey could spend 2024 and 2025 looking for 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinions, if the NRL/club doctors won't clear him to play and the NRL don't grant us salary cap relief we are playing with a 29 man squad but paying for 30 for 2 years
I feel like many moons ago someone correctly predicted this is exactly where we would be in relation to this situation and was shouted down and told it was all going to be easily resolved. Oh that’s right it was me. Buckle up - there are lots more chapters to get through before we reach the end of this story….
And you were wrong then and you’re wrong now. The Raiders can’t do what you were and/or are saying.
Image
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: February 21, 2024, 10:32 pm
Billy Walker wrote: February 21, 2024, 10:00 pm
cat wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:28 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 21, 2024, 9:17 pm Aren’t the Raiders getting salary cap relief while CHN is sidelined? I thought the club was… or at least it was being sought. That’s the appropriate course of action for the club in these circumstances. You can’t just sack someone, certainly not in this situation. The club wouldn’t want to do it either.
As I said I don't want him " just sacked" but the Raiders need to find some path out IF the NRL don't give us salary cap relief. I have seen a report long ago we asked for it but I'm yet to read anything saying we got it.

Corey's contract ends 2025 with another year in the player's favour. This is a tricky and new situation for the NRL , as people have said noone has played contact sport with an internal defib. Corey could spend 2024 and 2025 looking for 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc opinions, if the NRL/club doctors won't clear him to play and the NRL don't grant us salary cap relief we are playing with a 29 man squad but paying for 30 for 2 years
I feel like many moons ago someone correctly predicted this is exactly where we would be in relation to this situation and was shouted down and told it was all going to be easily resolved. Oh that’s right it was me. Buckle up - there are lots more chapters to get through before we reach the end of this story….
And you were wrong then and you’re wrong now. The Raiders can’t do what you were and/or are saying.
Really? The Raiders can’t have a compassionate but honest conversation with him that acknowledges his unfortunate health situation but outlines that a fringe player with major health issues isn’t a priority for the 30 man roster and sadly he isn’t part of the club’s future plans. Seek his agreement to work together towards a medical retirement that will see him paid out his full contract and see the club free to recruit a replacement player. Assure him that this is the right thing to do for himself, his family, his teammates and the club. Explain why any other course of action is just prolonging the inevitable and would get to the point where he was putting himself ahead of his teammates. Importantly reinforce the point that as unfortunate as it is he is not part of future plans and has played his last game for the club. Other clubs seem to be able to negotiate sensible medical retirements for their players. It’s really unfortunate that we can’t do that.
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

The club has made its feelings very clear on what the future for CHN is, and I think you'd be a fool to think those honest and compassionate conversations have not occurred privately as well.

The reality is the club can have those conversations and explain him what they feel is in the best interests of the player, but if the player does not want to retire and he wants to fight for his career, as is clearly the case here for Corey, the club HAS TO respect those wishes.

They are contractually obligated to support him in that and aside from that, they are morally obligated to support that player. It would be an incredibly embarrassing look for a club to callously discard a player fighting for his career in such circumstances because we saw it as an out on his contract. Our reputation on player welfare, which has taken hits in recent times, would plummet to near unrecoverable levels. Very hard for Stuart to go to the next Mr Strange and tell him the club will look after his son and to trust in him and the club if they’re treating players like that.

On a Salary Cap level, if we were to negotiate a release without medical retirement, any payments made would go on our salary cap. Given there is a 95% minimum spend on the cap, that payment would almost certainly result in a significant salary cap breech and expose the club to massive fines and loss of competition points.
The only way we can payout CHN’s contract and have it excluded from the cap is with an NRL agreeing to a medical retirement exemption. And given the player very clearly wishes to resume his career and is fighting hard to do that, I can’t imagine the NRL would support an exemption, unless the medical advice was that he was unable to be cleared to play.

As it stands that determination has not been made, and until it has been there is nothing the club can do regarding medical retirement.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

There are always levers Botty. Will the black plastic bag CHN ultimately uses to clear out his locker have holes in it, or might it be a designer bag with a few goodies inside? Other clubs seem to manage these issues, surely we can.
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145523
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker wrote:There are always levers Botty. Will the black plastic bag CHN ultimately uses to clear out his locker have holes in it, or might it be a designer bag with a few goodies inside? Other clubs seem to manage these issues, surely we can.
Of course you cannot seriously be suggesting that the club go about deliberately breaching the NRL salary cap.

The Raiders are dealing with this sensitive issue professionally and with great care to the welfare of the player as far as I can see. Following due process and being very caring. Well done to the club.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2024, 12:23 pm
Billy Walker wrote:There are always levers Botty. Will the black plastic bag CHN ultimately uses to clear out his locker have holes in it, or might it be a designer bag with a few goodies inside? Other clubs seem to manage these issues, surely we can.
Of course you cannot seriously be suggesting that the club go about deliberately breaching the NRL salary cap.

The Raiders are dealing with this sensitive issue professionally and with great care to the welfare of the player as far as I can see. Following due process and being very caring. Well done to the club.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s revisit that position in a few more months shall we.
User avatar
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5988
Joined: March 30, 2008, 9:59 pm
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: February 22, 2024, 1:36 pm
greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2024, 12:23 pm
Billy Walker wrote:There are always levers Botty. Will the black plastic bag CHN ultimately uses to clear out his locker have holes in it, or might it be a designer bag with a few goodies inside? Other clubs seem to manage these issues, surely we can.
Of course you cannot seriously be suggesting that the club go about deliberately breaching the NRL salary cap.

The Raiders are dealing with this sensitive issue professionally and with great care to the welfare of the player as far as I can see. Following due process and being very caring. Well done to the club.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let’s revisit that position in a few more months shall we.
:nooo
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

You have to be a special brand of idiot to think:

1. deliberately breaching the NRL salary cap is an idea that should seriously considered.

2. somehow revisiting this is three months time, that remarkably dumb idea will be any less ridiculous
User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 28538
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Seiffert82 »

From the players perspective, the club has absolutely nailed the way they have gone about this. They have supported the player and have even advised him he would have an off-field role should he be forced to retire. (School clinics anyone?)

I wish CHN all the best. For the life of me I can't see how the medical authorities, the NRL or the player's insurer will allow someone to play on with a pacemaker fitted.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 52165
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by The Nickman »

Wait, wait, I'm late to the party here... what's Billy suggesting the club could have and should have done differently here?

How on earth is he up on a soap box saying "I told you so" about this situation?
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: February 22, 2024, 2:47 pm Wait, wait, I'm late to the party here... what's Billy suggesting the club could have and should have done differently here?
Convince CHN to retire on his own accord by offering him a luxury bag full of cash.
Really channelling his inner Andrew Gee on this one
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 52165
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: February 22, 2024, 2:56 pm
The Nickman wrote: February 22, 2024, 2:47 pm Wait, wait, I'm late to the party here... what's Billy suggesting the club could have and should have done differently here?
Convince CHN to retire on his own accord by offering him a luxury bag full of cash.
Really channelling his inner Andrew Gee on this one
Hahaha so Billy's doing the whole "I told you so" because the club didn't convince CHN to retire last year?

Can they even do that without it counting against the cap?

This is a special one, even for our boy Billy.
User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32808
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: January meeting with specialist could decide future for Corey Harawira-Naera

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: February 21, 2024, 6:46 pm
Northern Raider wrote: December 4, 2023, 3:30 pm Not sure how this is a debate. If he gets medically cleared he's back training and part of our squad. If he's not cleared then medical retirement is likely. He gets paid his contract in full but it doesn't count against the cap. I don't see any grey area here.
Seeing any grey yet? I was told this was a simple process that wouldn’t play out over time and the club wouldn’t be left carrying a spot for a player that won’t be playing standard. Could see this coming a mile away!
Nope, still no grey area. Not sure who was telling you it was a simple process.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
denissnowy
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 342
Joined: August 23, 2013, 8:42 pm
Favourite Player: Papa

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by denissnowy »

Re salary cap relief, the situation is similar to that of Cody Ramsay at the dragons (he has Crohn's disease) which they have received cap dispensation for. Both are long term illnesses that require lifestyle change that can impact their ability to play again. Both players have uncertain futures.

I would expect that the Raiders would get/have salary cap dispensation for CHN, but you know...NRL.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

Yes - let’s model ourselves on the dragons shall we.
User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17005
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by gangrenous »

gangrenous wrote:Look I’ll say what others haven’t, but needs to be said.

Shut up Billy. Find another thread to get your trolling fix.
I reckon the person who was right a few months ago was actually me.
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

Billy Walker wrote: February 22, 2024, 5:35 pm Yes - let’s model ourselves on the dragons shall we.
Bold bit of snark from a guy who earnestly suggested we should just flagrantly cheat the salary cap :lol:
Once you galaxy brain yourself in a take that amounts to “This is an easy answer, the club should simply cheat! Why aren’t they cheating?” , you should probably sit out on criticising others for a little while.
User avatar
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Posts: 7812
Joined: May 13, 2013, 5:30 pm
Favourite Player: past- Chicka, current- Savage
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by BadnMean »

denissnowy wrote: February 22, 2024, 4:04 pm Re salary cap relief, the situation is similar to that of Cody Ramsay at the dragons (he has Crohn's disease) which they have received cap dispensation for. Both are long term illnesses that require lifestyle change that can impact their ability to play again. Both players have uncertain futures.

I would expect that the Raiders would get/have salary cap dispensation for CHN, but you know...NRL.
You'd think we'd make a noise if we felt it was unfair or had been denied.

Ricky would have a field days with Souffs multiple dodgy medical retirements + freebie All Stars suspension matches while we miss out on all similar avenues.
denissnowy
Glenn Lazarus
Posts: 342
Joined: August 23, 2013, 8:42 pm
Favourite Player: Papa

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by denissnowy »

Yes I would expect that it would be pretty loud feedback from Rick
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 52165
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:
gangrenous wrote:Look I’ll say what others haven’t, but needs to be said.

Shut up Billy. Find another thread to get your trolling fix.
I reckon the person who was right a few months ago was actually me.
Nailed it, too.
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145523
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by greeneyed »

The device that could save Raiders star’s career as NRL future hangs in balance

Raiders forward Corey Harawira-Naera has been handed a huge boost in his bid to return to rugby league, getting the green light to increase his training loads. That is according to The Daily Telegraph, who are reporting the 28-year-old has had a defibrillator inserted inside his body, under his arm.

The SMH is reporting club doctors would have the final call on his potential return, utilising advice from medical specialists. Raiders bosses will also reportedly seek salary cap relief should the gun forward be medically ruled out for the 2024 season.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 28362c6642
Image
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145523
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by greeneyed »

'There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to go back': Cardiologist backs Raiders' return with defibrillator

A leading Canberra cardiologist has backed Corey Harawira-Naera to return to the NRL, despite concerns about playing a contact sport with a defibrillator inserted under his skin. ANU Associate Professor Rajeev Pathak said Harawira-Naera's underlying heart condition would be the main concern.

"There are lots of stories, lots of European [soccer] league games where people had that and they had the device and they returned to the professional level," he said. "Yes, there is a small risk of injury and they need to probably try to protect that area - put some padding or something."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Image
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

Well this isn’t resolving anytime soon.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: February 22, 2024, 3:00 pm
Botman wrote: February 22, 2024, 2:56 pm
The Nickman wrote: February 22, 2024, 2:47 pm Wait, wait, I'm late to the party here... what's Billy suggesting the club could have and should have done differently here?
Convince CHN to retire on his own accord by offering him a luxury bag full of cash.
Really channelling his inner Andrew Gee on this one
Hahaha so Billy's doing the whole "I told you so" because the club didn't convince CHN to retire last year?

Can they even do that without it counting against the cap?

This is a special one, even for our boy Billy.
The lion off the Wizard of Oz had a biggger set than this guy. Imagine making such a big song and dance about not wanting to see my posts and then so desperately wanting to know what I’m posting on every thread. Sorry if I hurt you sensitive Nick :lol:
User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 32808
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: February 23, 2024, 5:07 am 'There is no reason why he shouldn't be able to go back': Cardiologist backs Raiders' return with defibrillator

A leading Canberra cardiologist has backed Corey Harawira-Naera to return to the NRL, despite concerns about playing a contact sport with a defibrillator inserted under his skin. ANU Associate Professor Rajeev Pathak said Harawira-Naera's underlying heart condition would be the main concern.

"There are lots of stories, lots of European [soccer] league games where people had that and they had the device and they returned to the professional level," he said. "Yes, there is a small risk of injury and they need to probably try to protect that area - put some padding or something."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Looking at the comments I'm not sure Rajeev Pathak has watched too many games of NRL.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2024, 9:46 pm The SMH is reporting club doctors would have the final call on his potential return, utilising advice from medical specialists.
That is probably the key takeaway here... CHN can get his 2nd, 3rd and 200th opinions, and they might be able to convince CHN that he can play, but its the club doctors they've got to convince
User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 145523
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by greeneyed »

The issue is… rugby league is not soccer. I guess we will see what the medical experts come up with.
Image
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 52165
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: February 23, 2024, 7:45 am
greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2024, 9:46 pm The SMH is reporting club doctors would have the final call on his potential return, utilising advice from medical specialists.
That is probably the key takeaway here... CHN can get his 2nd, 3rd and 200th opinions, and they might be able to convince CHN that he can play, but its the club doctors they've got to convince
Maybe Billy can have a calm and compassionate talk with the club doctors?
User avatar
Botman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 43135
Joined: June 18, 2013, 4:31 pm
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Botman »

Maybe the club doctors should simply circumvent the salary cap and give CHN a property in Yarralumla and a speed boat
User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 35698
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:
Botman wrote: February 23, 2024, 7:45 am
greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2024, 9:46 pm The SMH is reporting club doctors would have the final call on his potential return, utilising advice from medical specialists.
That is probably the key takeaway here... CHN can get his 2nd, 3rd and 200th opinions, and they might be able to convince CHN that he can play, but its the club doctors they've got to convince
Maybe Billy can have a calm and compassionate talk with the club doctors?
"Oh good, my laundry is ready"
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

When are we expecting the next update in this saga?
Raidernation
David Grant
Posts: 735
Joined: August 11, 2015, 3:12 pm
Favourite Player: Stuart

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Raidernation »

Billy Walker wrote: March 3, 2024, 12:44 am When are we expecting the next update in this saga?
When the club doctors say they aren't comfortable clearing him and raiders request dispensation.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Posts: 13373
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Raiders star's career remains in limbo nine months after terrifying seizure

Post by Billy Walker »

Raidernation wrote: March 5, 2024, 8:33 am
Billy Walker wrote: March 3, 2024, 12:44 am When are we expecting the next update in this saga?
When the club doctors say they aren't comfortable clearing him and raiders request dispensation.
"It is really sad for the kid… it's a tragedy actually," Stuart said. "The medical reports we are getting is that he is very unlikely to play again. At 28, that's tough and he has been good for us. But we are supporting him and looking for a pathway for him after football. We would like to keep him in the game and in the club."
Post Reply