Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Canberra Raiders ramp up bid to sign David Fifita

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: August 4, 2023, 3:19 pm
Finchy wrote: August 4, 2023, 3:16 pm
Raidernation wrote: August 4, 2023, 2:36 pm
T_R wrote: July 16, 2023, 12:36 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Wighton's performance this year is barely worth the $700k Souths are reportedly paying him next season. The $1+m he is already getting from us is significant overs.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
He's been paid on potential for most of his time in Canberra. I think he was worth the money for one or two seasons of his stay at very most.

To be fair, the club took a very good centre and tried to turn him into something that he is not.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Has Jack ever played more than 3 games in a row at centre.
I assume so, he’s played 36 games there

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/play ... tions.html
He has, the last time being in 2014.

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matc ... 0tLS0tLS0t
90% of his games for us would have been at right centre, which was never a natural fit for him.

It'll be really interesting to see how he goes at left centre, it could be quite alarming when we realise what we've missed out on at that position over the past decade. I only really have Jack pegged as giving us three and a half seasons of consistent first grade play in his time here - 2016, half of 2018, 2019 and 2020.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Raidernation wrote:every time i see Fifita play im left underwhelmed. Ive never seen him hit in defense, when the speed of the game increases hes slow to get back in the line and hes still slow with his lateral movement. if we are going to throw a million dollar contract at someone olakuatu looks like a much better bet in almost every department. 1m a year over 3 years should be enough for him to hand in a transfer request.
Maybe it wasn’t him out there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Titans coach Lenihan confirms Fafita staying at Titans , as is Tino
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Titans coach on Fox just said Tino and Fifita have signed new contract with the Titans
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

It’s over, our recruitment is an absolute shambles…
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

Fox reporting three years and $3 million for Fifita. And for Tino, a 10 year $12 million contract.

Gold Coast Titans’ stunning $15 million record coup as Tino, Fifita sign mega deals

The Titans have locked in superstar forwards David Fifita and Tino Fa’asuamaleaui in a major coup for the club. Fifita was already signed until the end of 2026 and Fa’asuamaleaui had mutual options for 2025 and 2026. However it was revealed after Justin Holbrook was sacked that the duo had get-out clauses if he wasn’t the coach.

The Titans confirmed on Friday night that Fifita had extended until the end of 2026 while Fa’asuamaleaui will remain on the Gold Coast for the next decade.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 290c1d2212

Gold Coast Titans media release

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui and David Fifita will be Titans long-term, with the two Titans stars re-affirming their commitment to the Gold Coast club.

Fifita will call the Coast home until the end of 2026, while Fa’asuamaleaui has inked a contract extension that will see him be a Titan for the next decade.

Titans CEO Steve Mitchell says having both players committed long-term is a huge show of faith in what the club is building.

“We’re thrilled that both Tino and David have re-affirmed their commitment to the club.” Mitchell said.

“These are two great young men, talented footballers and important players for us as we work towards our goal of bringing premierships to the Coast.

“Both Tino and David have already made an impact in their time here and as a club, we’re excited to see what they can achieve in our jersey over the coming years.

“The impact that Tino has had within our community is immeasurable.

“Kids in our region already aspire to be like Tino and having him committed for the next decade is a huge boost for our fans and members.

“Our purpose as a club is to make our communities proud, inspire them with energy and unite them through success.

“Tino and David and their families believe in our purpose and I’m excited to see them bring it to life under Des Hasler in 2024.”
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Tino - just signed 10years for $12M
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

UncleDrew wrote: August 11, 2023, 5:44 pm It’s over, our recruitment is an absolute shambles…
Lol he was never coming
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That’s smart from the Tits with the Tino deal.

The salary cap will $1b in 2033.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

-PJ- wrote: August 11, 2023, 6:04 pm That’s smart from the Tits with the Tino deal.

The salary cap will $1b in 2033.
It will have ratchet clauses.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Re: Canberra Raiders miss out on David Fifita... for a second time

Post by deanoman »

Tino is a great player but geez 10 years is a long time. Can’t say it worked well last time with DCE and manly.

Not upset with Fifta. I’d love to see him here because he’s a great player, but it looks like we forced the Titans to up there deal to 1 million
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

deanoman wrote: August 11, 2023, 8:22 pm Tino is a great player but geez 10 years is a long time. Can’t say it worked well last time with DCE and manly.
Why not? DCE is still an elite half and playing rep footy
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

deanoman wrote: August 11, 2023, 8:22 pm Tino is a great player but geez 10 years is a long time. Can’t say it worked well last time with DCE and manly.

Not upset with Fifta. I’d love to see him here because he’s a great player, but it looks like we forced the Titans to up there deal to 1 million
Taumalolo has also dropped off significantly with another 4 years to run on his 10 year deal.

These two deals seal another decade of mediocrity for the Titans IMO. Too much money tied into a couple of players who aren't winning you close games.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:

Taumalolo has also dropped off significantly with another 4 years to run on his 10 year deal.

These two deals seal another decade of mediocrity for the Titans IMO. Too much money tied into a couple of players who aren't winning you close games.
10 years for a 24 year prop (by the time next season starts).

Courageous.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Finchy wrote: August 11, 2023, 8:35 pm
No disrespect to DCE, he’s a great player.

But I feel if you’re locking down a player for his career at top dollar, it should come with expectations of success at club level. Manly have not been a force for a long time.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Neither of them were ever leaving. Just a random opportunity to leverage more cash and more years (more security)
Had the titans by the stones as they couldn’t not top up. Was well played by the players and managers actually.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

deanoman wrote: August 11, 2023, 9:07 pm

But I feel if you’re locking down a player for his career at top dollar, it should come with expectations of success at club level. Manly have not been a force for a long time.
I think DCE has been worth his money. Their lack of success is more to do with Turbo’s inability to stay on the field.

DCE has been consistently great in a key position. I’d love to have had an Origin half locked in for a decade.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Frankly, ive built better ramps for my bmx in my youth...
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I look forward to us missing out on Fifita for a third time.

10 year deals are stupid. Good luck Titans you morons.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

It’s a shame to miss out on Fifita as he’s a quality player.

But not at those prices/commitment levels. The Titans have bent themselves over here - and this has Hasler’s fingerprints all over it, a guy who has shown at several clubs he’s happy to mortgage the future with irresponsible spending and then smoke bomb out leaving the club in a half-decade of purgatory.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Ruben Daley wrote: August 12, 2023, 8:03 am

I think DCE has been worth his money. Their lack of success is more to do with Turbo’s inability to stay on the field.

DCE has been consistently great in a key position. I’d love to have had an Origin half locked in for a decade.
Yep. I usually cite DCE as the rare million dollar 10 year deal that he's earned every cent. He's stayed at the elite level, no drop in performance. If you'd told Manly in 2015 when he signed that deal, that in 2023 when you'd be excused for thinking, "well ok we got the best years and maybe we'll carry a year or two at the end where he just teaches the next guy at least..."

but no, to think he'd STILL be that rarest of halfbacks who is right up in the top bracket for linebreak assists/try assists, also in the top bracket for 40/20s, up there for forced drop outs, solid defensively AND has barely missed a single game over that entire ten years they'd be over the moon.

Great buy.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

When Fifita comes of contract in 26 we’ll dust off the ramp.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:
Ruben Daley wrote: August 12, 2023, 8:03 am

Yep. I usually cite DCE as the rare million dollar 10 year deal that he's earned every cent. He's stayed at the elite level, no drop in performance. If you'd told Manly in 2015 when he signed that deal, that in 2023 when you'd be excused for thinking, "well ok we got the best years and maybe we'll carry a year or two at the end where he just teaches the next guy at least..."

but no, to think he'd STILL be that rarest of halfbacks who is right up in the top bracket for linebreak assists/try assists, also in the top bracket for 40/20s, up there for forced drop outs, solid defensively AND has barely missed a single game over that entire ten years they'd be over the moon.

Great buy.
Totally agree. DCE has had a wonderful career. Like Ruben stated, the real anchor for Manly is the Turbo deal. Another wonderful player but can't stay fit. Some Manly supporting friends want to get rid of him. Will he come good Like Tedesco? Hammies are tricky.

Edit. I love Tino as a player but 10 years is too much for a middle. He plays that tough, gritty role - don't get me wrong he is skilled - but playing at that top level, with this style isn't sustainable for a decade.

Disappointing to miss out on Fifita. I think he's matured as a player this year and will continue to improve over the next 3 years.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

The biggest impact of $1.2m x 10 for Tino is Payne Haas currently being told to pull his head in and settle for $1m.

He won't be doing that anymore...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

David Fifita’s shock Round 10 Des Hasler clause opens door for Gold Coast Titans exit

Gold Coast superstar David Fifita has become a shock addition to the player market after it emerged that he had a Des Hasler clause in his contract that allows him to join a rival club in 2025. The Titans announced a three-year extension with Fifita in August but the new deal included player options for the 2025 and 2026 seasons.

It means Fifita effectively became a free agent on November 1. The secret clause had nothing to do with money, but was purely put in his contract to ensure Fifita had time to strike up a relationship with Hasler. Under the terms of the clause, it is believed Fifita has until round 10 to take up a deal with the Titans for 2025 or sign elsewhere.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 55ed52071d
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Here we go again....
Again
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Ye olde Ramp
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Dust off the ramp boys, third time’s a charm
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Nope

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me thri... you can't get fooled again.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: November 11, 2023, 8:36 pm Nope

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: Great pull
im actually in the middle of an office rewatch... tremendous show.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:Nope

An old Tennessee expression, maybe Texas, probably Tennessee

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

-TW- wrote: November 11, 2023, 8:42 pm

An old Tennessee expression, maybe Texas, probably Tennessee

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I couldn't blame Fifita for having a third flirt with us. I know how hard it is to put food on your family.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha please tell me that’s a George W Bush quote
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The Nickman wrote: November 11, 2023, 9:28 pm

Hahaha please tell me that’s a George W Bush quote
Heavily influened :lol:
Like 60%