2023 Canberra Raiders NSW Cup

All the news on the Canberra Raiders lower grades, affiliate clubs and the Canberra Raiders Cup

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Re: 2023 Canberra Raiders NSW Cup

Post by The Greenhouse »

16th min PENALTY RAIDERS The Warriors offside in the kick chase, otherwise a try in the corner for the Warriors. The Raiders really struggling with kick defusals.
The Greenhouse score update service
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

The Warriors have had all the ball and are making huge metres up the middle.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

19th min PENALTY WARRIORS for obstruction… while the Raiders were in possession at their own end… luckily, the Warriors throw the ball out over the sideline. Raiders just barely holding on.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

21st min PENALTY RAIDERS Ruck infringement from Laban. The kick gets them almost to halfway.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Strange has a long way to go yet, but boy .... he has some big moments in him.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

22nd min TRY RAIDERS to Brad Morkos. Great pass from Ethan Strange to set it up. The Raiders made some great metres in that set. Chevy Stewart on the sideline… and it sneaks over! That’s a good score line considering what’s happened in the opening 20 minutes.

Warriors 10-6
Last edited by The Greenhouse on September 9, 2023, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

2023 Canberra Raiders NSW Cup

Post by RedRaider »

Raiders try to Morkos converted from the side line by Lewis. We're back in it. Warriors lead 10-6
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

25th min ERROR WARRIORS They can’t defuse the bomb… Raiders scrum 10 metres out, but Logan Lewis can’t take the short pass on an early tackle.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

27th min PENALTY WARRIORS for Canberra off side. Gets them out of their own half.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

**** was that
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Raiders stop and watch a knock on.....ref says play on and Warriors go over.

That was dreadful.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

That's three very soft tries. Lacking grind. Not bleeding enough green.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

28th min TRY WARRIORS to Ben Farr. Looked like a knock on live, but he picks the ball up off the ground legally. The Raiders all stopped. Completely unchallenged. Farr converts his own try from close to the posts.

Warriors 16-6
Last edited by The Greenhouse on September 9, 2023, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

That looked a knock on by the Warriors. Warriors getting some early calls.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

31st min ERROR RAIDERS 35 metres out from the line.
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

Definitely getting rolled through the middle. A team missing Puru, Mooney, Saulo and Hola.

When we go wide we are error riddled but at least it looks threatening.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

33rd min KICK ERROR WARRIORS, goes dead in goal in the corner… and now a penalty to the Raiders for a crusher tackle on Savage.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

As many errors as Melbourne last night
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Hard now

Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

They are a lot lot better than us hey. Far too easy for them to get it from one end of the field to the other
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

35th min TRY WARRIORS to Maia Sands. It started with a Volkman bomb. Xavier Savage out leaped, then three crazy offloads produce the try. Volkman has a case for two try assists, throwing the last pass. It was marginally forward.

Warriors 20-6
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Warrior bomb and Warrior winger too strong for Xav and steals the ball. Pass back to the half and then to a support player for Warriors try. Warriors 20 Raiders 6.
Raider47
Jason Croker

Post by Raider47 »

Game. Set. Match.

So ill disciplined.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That's the ball game now.
Stinks :(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bit of a horror first half. Not remotely able to handle them in the forwards. Could get very ugly from here.

The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

38th min PENALTY WARRIORS in the red zone…

TRY WARRIORS to Maia Sands. Easy try, Webb can’t stop him on the goal line. Volkman the try assist, but it was a simple pass. Volkman converts.

HALF TIME

New Zealand Warriors 26
Canberra Raiders 6
Last edited by The Greenhouse on September 9, 2023, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Warrior second rower sands too strong for Webb and another try to the Warriors. Converted. Warriors lead 26-6. Their forwards and team are too strong for the Raiders in this match.
NoMan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Boogz

Post by NoMan »

Every pass needed to stick to win with the difference in the forward strength. Hopefully it doesnt get ugly in the second half, they dont deserve to go out like that.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Getting royally flogged
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

Warriors kick off to start the second half.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

42nd min ERROR WARRIORS from Vagana in the Stuart tackle. The Raiders must score four tries in this second half… 20 points down.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Terrible
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

45th min ERROR RAIDERS forced on Stewart by the Ali Leiataua tackle. The Raiders hold on in that set. Now a penalty for a strip on Stewart.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Now HSS knocks on looking at the players coming at him not the ball.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

48th min ERROR RAIDERS Ethan Strange just drops the ball cold, while running into a gap.