Knights 13+
18%

Total votes: 17

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Raiders666 »

gergreg wrote: August 16, 2022, 6:02 pm Do we really need to play Tapine? Why not give him an extra week, for what is a more important game against Manly?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The most important game is the next one.... Manly have a thousand injuries...We will smash them too
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by Raider Azz »

Dusty wrote: August 16, 2022, 4:04 pm Ryan Sutton misses out…

I missed our last game, not sure how he went but I’d have him in front of Guler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sutton is not gonna be here next year, I think it's fair to give Guler and Horse first spots
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Post by myanonymoususername »

Nothing surer than we will play down to their level.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Who the **** is this ****?!?

Well, the fans spoke and we listened. Welcome back to the channel and welcome back to WTFITC... Back by popular demand.

This week on WTFITC we have but one vitial question to ask regarding the crutial Round 23 clash between the Raiders and Knights.

Krystian Mapapalangi... Who the **** is this ****?!

Thanks everyone, see you next week... maybe.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

We should be able to beat these clowns by 30+. But being the bunch of incompetent mental midgets we are, it’ll be a dog fight for 80 mins resulting in either an embarrassing loss or a piss weak 2 point win at the death.

That’s who we are. We’re whatever the opposite of flat track bullies are. We can’t put the foot on the opposition’s throat and put a big score on.

We score a couple of tries, get cocky, put the cue in the rack, and then have to struggle to hold on for a win every week.

For the first time in years I’d love to think we could just go out there and win 50-0. Not going to happen.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

gergreg wrote: August 16, 2022, 6:02 pm Do we really need to play Tapine? Why not give him an extra week, for what is a more important game against Manly?
The Manly game will be harder but the knights do have decent starting forwards. Wouldn't want to screw that start up. Can just play him for 20 and keep him around if needed.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: August 16, 2022, 7:10 pm Who the **** is this ****?!?
Well, the fans spoke and we listened. Welcome back to the channel and welcome back to WTFITC... Back by popular demand.

This week on WTFITC we have but one vitial question to ask regarding the crutial Round 23 clash between the Raiders and Knights.

Haha, yes it’s back baby!

It’s a hard act to follow, but there’s room for some Nickman’s Pick, man, Franks view from the lap, whoever had lock of the week....
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

**** i miss segments... back when preview threads were fun and before the narks shut the laughs down
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Segments were the highlight of the week.

We just need Matt’s crazy matchups and your “I’m **** right and you **** know it” response to really bring back the good old days.

They certainly generated a lot of discussion which seems a bit lacking at times these days.

Where is Matt anyway, he’s gone quiet.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Trying to figure out who Krystian Mapapalangi is.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Frustrating that Cotric feels the need to succumb to his name being pronounced wrongly just because people are too lazy and stupid to pronounce it correctly. It's not even that hard.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

raiderskater wrote:Frustrating that Cotric feels the need to succumb to his name being pronounced wrongly just because people are too lazy and stupid to pronounce it correctly. It's not even that hard.
That ‘Kot-Rick’ fellows a much better footy player though.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

gergreg wrote:Do we really need to play Tapine? Why not give him an extra week, for what is a more important game against Manly?

I think if he is fit, play him.

If we lose this weekend who cares about the Manly game.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: August 16, 2022, 8:54 pm
gergreg wrote:Do we really need to play Tapine? Why not give him an extra week, for what is a more important game against Manly?

Agreed. We dont have the luxary of resting players. We have to win every game and get some help
Giving Tapine an extra because we think we can handle this game without him is not an option.

A) Because the position we're in
and
ii) Because we're not good enough to think we should beat any team in any given circumstance. At least that's the level of play we've put on the feild in 2022.

it's all hands on deck and scrapping to limp into the top 8. If we lose any of these next 3 games Tapine will have plenty of time to recover from a niggle.
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: 2022 Rd 23 V Knights: Game Day

Post by Greenev »

Kryptonite wrote: August 15, 2022, 10:09 am Another bludger of a game, who will out plod who? i predict a bludger of a win , out plodding a rubbish Knights, them Manly will put us out of our misery next week
The fact our team is even talking about playing finals this year is laughable

Whitehead is our captain for **** sake
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

raiderskater wrote: August 16, 2022, 7:51 pm Frustrating that Cotric feels the need to succumb to his name being pronounced wrongly just because people are too lazy and stupid to pronounce it correctly. It's not even that hard.
This is going to sound anecdotal, but my daughter's friend's mother is mates with Nic's mother, and they (the friend) have never heard of this Chotrich thing...
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Lui_Bon wrote: August 16, 2022, 9:56 pm
raiderskater wrote: August 16, 2022, 7:51 pm Frustrating that Cotric feels the need to succumb to his name being pronounced wrongly just because people are too lazy and stupid to pronounce it correctly. It's not even that hard.
This is going to sound anecdotal, but my daughter's friend's mother is mates with Nic's mother, and they (the friend) have never heard of this Chotrich thing...
Its interesting, I agree with the players names being said correctly but it has to be the name/pronunciation that their family currently use

A lot of names have changed their pronunciation over the years due to a whole range of reasons

I also think the NRL or the clubs should put the pronunciations for the more challenging names on their website

The dogs have a player called Topine , I have heard it said both ways and dont know what is the correct way, some seem to presume its Ta-pin-e but with an O because thats how joey says his surname
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Botman wrote:Who the **** is this ****?!?

Gun Souths and Manly junior from that dominant Manly flegg team.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:
Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: August 16, 2022, 8:54 pm

Agreed. We dont have the luxary of resting players. We have to win every game and get some help
Giving Tapine an extra because we think we can handle this game without him is not an option.

A) Because the position we're in
and
ii) Because we're not good enough to think we should beat any team in any given circumstance. At least that's the level of play we've put on the feild in 2022.

it's all hands on deck and scrapping to limp into the top 8. If we lose any of these next 3 games Tapine will have plenty of time to recover from a niggle.
Geez if we can't put away that knights team without Tapine... ahhh, I don't even know how to finish this sentence. I just hope it doesn't bite us in the ass next week.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

It isn’t that hard. You just jam 15 marshmallows in your mouth and try to say “tic tac” and you pretty much have it. I don’t know why commentators just don’t do that.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The players still pronounce Rapana the old fashioned way.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

gergreg wrote: August 17, 2022, 7:36 am Geez if we can't put away that knights team without Tapine... ahhh, I don't even know how to finish this sentence. I just hope it doesn't bite us in the ass next week.

Narrator: “But alas, they couldn’t put away the Knights team even with Tapine...”
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Botman wrote:Who the **** is this ****?!?

I didn't realise how much I missed this segment Image
never heard of her

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Kotrik? What is he asshamed of?
I agree. Terrible.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I think it’s clear to any knowledgeable league fan that a Nick Cotric impersonator has been taking the star’s place for the last few years and using the wrong name.

It’s good to hear the old Cotric is back from a holiday in Serbia and ready to take the mantle as one of the games best wingers.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

BJ wrote: August 17, 2022, 10:33 am I think it’s clear to any knowledgeable league fan that a Nick Cotric impersonator has been taking the star’s place for the last few years and using the wrong name.

It’s good to hear the old Cotric is back from a holiday in Serbia and ready to take the mantle as one of the games best wingers.
What makes you think that?

Cotric can be one of the best. Its just these days he would be like a fan lining up for an autograph from the SOO wingers.

The dogs move and trusting Barrett was a big big mistake for him.

Good news is he is improving a lot. He also suffers a lot because of our lack of creativitiy.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I love that GE edited my segment so its colour scheme didnt match official GH posts :lol: :D
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I think they did all change to black about a month ago.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Preparing for a new colour scheme hopefully over the off season. Going for neutral black and white for posts in advance.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

benda wrote:
BJ wrote: August 17, 2022, 10:33 am I think it’s clear to any knowledgeable league fan that a Nick Cotric impersonator has been taking the star’s place for the last few years and using the wrong name.

What makes you think that?

Cotric can be one of the best. Its just these days he would be like a fan lining up for an autograph from the SOO wingers.

The dogs move and trusting Barrett was a big big mistake for him.

Good news is he is improving a lot. He also suffers a lot because of our lack of creativitiy.
Your asking what makes me think there was a Cotric impersonator.

Please note it was along the lines of the Shane Warne impersonator who married Sharon on Kath and Kim, not a serious belief, claim or analysis.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: August 16, 2022, 11:29 pm
So you’re saying we can’t make the top 4?
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

Chotchritch ... it's a commentators nightmare, that unfortunately was never going to work. Nothing to do with laziness or stupidity, it's a mouthful on the fly and painful to hear them try.

They're completely butchering Junior Paulo too. Yvonne Sampson legit named him after the place you go for a beer on Sunday arvo - Junior "Bowlo".

Only two days ago I had a client ask for clarification on how my surname is pronounced. They're not too dissimilar, but I opted to go with the Aussie sound, it's just easier and sounds better anyway.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

yeh raiders wrote: August 17, 2022, 1:48 pm
Chotchritch ... it's a commentators nightmare, that unfortunately was never going to work. Nothing to do with laziness or stupidity, it's a mouthful on the fly and painful to hear them try.

They're completely butchering Junior Paulo too. Yvonne Sampson legit named him after the place you go for a beer on Sunday arvo - Junior "Bowlo".

Only two days ago I had a client ask for clarification on how my surname is pronounced. They're not too dissimilar, but I opted to go with the Aussie sound, it's just easier and sounds better anyway.
I didn't know there was more than one way to pronounce "raiders"... is it pronounced Ray-eye-ders??
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley

Post by yeh raiders »

The Nickman wrote: August 17, 2022, 1:57 pm
yeh raiders wrote: August 17, 2022, 1:48 pm

I didn't know there was more than one way to pronounce "raiders"... is it pronounced Ray-eye-ders??
Depends how much you've had at the Bowlo !