Ricky Stuart banned for seven days and fined $25,000 for press conference comments

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Canberra Raiders make club statement on Ricky Stuart press conference

Post by Raiders666 »

T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:44 pm
Raiders666 wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:42 pm
LastRaider wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:40 pm A one week ban and a $20,000 fine is weak. I feel for the players who can be bullied like this from senior members of the game. This is not a deterrent at all… it’s the same as catching COVID and not being able to attend the game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You do know the details of what Salmon did yeah?
Who the hell cares what an eleven year old child did a decade ago?????
You obviously don't know the whole story... EDIT
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

And since you are insinuating repeatedly that you DO know 'the full story', share it. Put up or shut up. (Amazing how many people were at the U12 game that day...crowd of about 50,000 judging by the internet).

We don't let children drive
Or vote
Or drink
Or have sex

We don't let this happen because, as adults, we understand that their brains are not developed sufficiently to allow critical reasoning at a level high enough to function as independent members of society. For the same reason, as adults, we admonish and then educate kids. We don't hold seething grudges for a decade and then unload on them.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Great…a true Days of Our Lives episode in the making.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Canberra Raiders make club statement on Ricky Stuart press conference

Post by LastRaider »

Raiders666 wrote:No no Ricky's boy is the one lucky to be alive...You want the story you can pm me anytime
I think you forget Ricky was no Angel in his playing days and I’m not talking during the game either… after game night out antics

CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

@TR
Let me repeat …
In my opinion there are some posters that have a very much inflated view of their importance in the whole equation.

And please accept my sincere apologies, I didn’t realise you are the keeper of all moral values on this forum. Ive changed my view based on your opinion(s)(s)(s)(s), Ricky definitely needs to be flogged in Garema Place in front of the Salmon familty.
Last edited by CRaid on August 8, 2022, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

GreenMachine wrote:I’m far from Ricky’s biggest supporter…
In fact I want him replaced on coaching failures alone…
But this rubbish… being allowed or even used as an excuse to remove him from coaching is exactly why society has fallen in a heap…

Outrage for the sake of outrage …it’s ridiculous.
Society has fallen in a heap? Wh… when did that happen?

I only had my phone switched off for two days!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

So Stick is banned from the ground on Sunday right ?

And will be on the 2min noodles all weekend.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Here's a reminder... The Greenhouse sticks to facts... well at least the facts as reported in mainstream media. They have some journalistic standards. So please don't post about things which are not part of the public record.

Clearly the issues are complex and given this evening's reports, more complex than previously reported. But please stick to things that can be backed up by mainstream media reports.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The Nickman wrote: August 8, 2022, 7:20 pm
GreenMachine wrote:I’m far from Ricky’s biggest supporter…
In fact I want him replaced on coaching failures alone…
But this rubbish… being allowed or even used as an excuse to remove him from coaching is exactly why society has fallen in a heap…

Outrage for the sake of outrage …it’s ridiculous.
Society has fallen in a heap? Wh… when did that happen?

I only had my phone switched off for two days!
Don’t insult me …I identify as a Phone.
I’ll sue you..
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

CRaid wrote:@TR
Let me repeat …
In my opinion there are some posters that have a very much inflated view of their importance in the whole equation.

And please accept my sincere apologies, I didn’t realise you are the keeper of all moral values on this forum. Ive changed my view based on your opinion(s)(s)(s)(s), Ricky definitely needs to be flogged in Garema Place in front of the Salmon familty.
I'm glad you've come around. I DO like to think of myself as a pillar of the community.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

LastRaider wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:40 pm A one week ban and a $20,000 fine is weak. I feel for the players who can be bullied like this from senior members of the game. This is not a deterrent at all… it’s the same as catching COVID and not being able to attend the game!

Jamie Bulgers parents ?????
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I think we start entering dangerous territory when we starting writing things off as "boys will be boys" or "we all did dumb stuff at 11".

11 years old is old enough to know right from wrong. It's old enough to know what is hateful language. It's old enough to know what is bullying.

An 11 year old should know better than to be a bully. And if they don't, or they think it's okay, they're likely learning it from home. The fact that Salmon grew into a person who has multiple DUIs at 22 and kicks people in the nuts on purpose on the football field does not speak well to his character at all. The fact that Salmon's manager let slip that line about turning his character around is so very telling - especially because if the DUIs and kicking in the nuts is turning around, how bad was he before?

I wasn't bullying other kids when I was 11 - but I was the one being bullied. My bullies absolutely knew what they were doing and what they were saying was wrong. When my parents confronted the school, the school did nothing. It still rankles both of my parents to this day. I can't guarantee what my father might say if one of my bullies suddenly reappeared in his orbit, kicked someone he was responsible for, and then he had to front the press.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Rickmando wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:38 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
Rickmando wrote: August 8, 2022, 2:47 pm That’s a weak apology. Great, let’s enable this egomaniacal man-child further shall we?

I stopped giving my money to this club a few years ago in protest of this bronze-age buffoon running our club.

Now, I’m actually going to stop my support. Thanks Canberra Raiders, it genuinely has been a great 35 years or so, but I’m done.
Please don't leave us, Rickmando. You've been a long time fan and this forum appreciates all views from its supporters.
Cheers Hongers, all the best mate
Sad to see you go. I didn't renew membership this year and I know a few other non GH fans who did the same.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

raiderskater wrote:I think we start entering dangerous territory when we starting writing things off as "boys will be boys" or "we all did dumb stuff at 11".

11 years old is old enough to know right from wrong. It's old enough to know what is hateful language. It's old enough to know what is bullying.

An 11 year old should know better than to be a bully. And if they don't, or they think it's okay, they're likely learning it from home. The fact that Salmon grew into a person who has multiple DUIs at 22 and kicks people in the nuts on purpose on the football field does not speak well to his character at all. The fact that Salmon's manager let slip that line about turning his character around is so very telling - especially because if the DUIs and kicking in the nuts is turning around, how bad was he before?

I wasn't bullying other kids when I was 11 - but I was the one being bullied. My bullies absolutely knew what they were doing and what they were saying was wrong. When my parents confronted the school, the school did nothing. It still rankles both of my parents to this day. I can't guarantee what my father might say if one of my bullies suddenly reappeared in his orbit, kicked someone he was responsible for, and then he had to front the press.
my 11yo daughter catches the bus to school, she's had 4 kids banned from the bus due to bullying and harassment this year already. The filth that comes out of some 11yo's is beyond their own understanding they're just repeating what the see and hear at home.
This is just as disgusting from ricky as it is from the salmon's, 2 wrongs and dragged to the same level.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:02 pm I think we start entering dangerous territory when we starting writing things off as "boys will be boys" or "we all did dumb stuff at 11".

Skater - I don’t agree with everything you’ve said there, and I’m not sure you apply the same standards to our players who lash out with boots and rack up DUIs like Rapa, CNH or Hors. Above all that though, I’m sorry for the experience you had when you were younger.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

All in all Ricky got what he achieved.. As dumb as it was to say at least no one is talking about our dismal performance
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

BadnMean wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:02 pm
Rickmando wrote: August 8, 2022, 6:38 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:58 pm
Rickmando wrote: August 8, 2022, 2:47 pm That’s a weak apology. Great, let’s enable this egomaniacal man-child further shall we?

I stopped giving my money to this club a few years ago in protest of this bronze-age buffoon running our club.

Now, I’m actually going to stop my support. Thanks Canberra Raiders, it genuinely has been a great 35 years or so, but I’m done.
Please don't leave us, Rickmando. You've been a long time fan and this forum appreciates all views from its supporters.
Cheers Hongers, all the best mate
Sad to see you go. I didn't renew membership this year and I know a few other non GH fans who did the same.
I just can’t support the club any longer, I’m tired of waiting for change.

All the best BnM - always enjoyed your insights on here
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

:clap: The longest winded goodbye in history of the Greenhouse
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Is it really so bad to expect more from our coach and club?

I understand that I'm different. For one I sit out at games and listen to supporters around me hurling abuse at referees and touch judges, right from the initial kick off and I cringe. Seriously what does that achieve .... yelling at the touchie that he's a cheat. Probably the same idiots that whinge non stop about how we don't get the 50/50 calls.

But why can't we expect our coach to behave like a decent human being? He is the face of our multi million dollar club in a billion dollar industry.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:32 pm Is it really so bad to expect more from our coach and club?

I understand that I'm different. For one I sit out at games and listen to supporters around me hurling abuse at referees and touch judges, right from the initial kick off and I cringe. Seriously what does that achieve .... yelling at the touchie that he's a cheat. Probably the same idiots that whinge non stop about how we don't get the 50/50 calls.

But why can't we expect our coach to behave like a decent human being? He is the face of our multi million dollar club in a billion dollar industry.

I guess this is very much where I'm coming from, too. I mean, who speaks like that? It's said that we tend to gravitate towards brands and organisations that 'share our values'...Im just not sure how much I want to associate myself with this one.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

mick63 wrote: August 8, 2022, 7:47 pm

Jamie Bulgers parents ?????
A terrible situation, and one where they were assessed by professionals as being too young to understand the gravity of what they had done.

As I said, there's no point holding a grudge against an 11 year old.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gergreg wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:32 pm Is it really so bad to expect more from our coach and club?

Strong agree Gergs.

Also - this place will be poorer for it if Rickmando does leave. Maybe take a break. If you do go, then all the very best and I’ll quietly raise a beer to you in however many years when Ricky pulls the pin.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The club reluctantly issued a statement at 1pm today, that’s probably what is most disappointing. Just demonstrates the values the club really has

Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Billy Walker wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:59 pm
Riaan wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:37 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 8, 2022, 4:36 pm
T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 3:53 pm
Raiders666 wrote:Image It's only Rickmando who is outraged...Imagine not being a paying member and thinking you have any say or input on how the club is run
As opposed to paying 'members', who you feel DO have a say?

People can say “it’s only Rickmando” or “who cares”, but I can assure you it isn’t.

There is a core of supporters at any club that will blindly follow wherever the club goes and good on them. There are a lot of other fickle supporters that get accused of being bandwagon folks who only jump on when times are good.

There are others in between like Rickmando who have become disillusioned with the club. I haven’t opened my wallet for anything raiders for a good few years and I see others on here across various threads saying similar.

For every Rickmando who states that position you can bet there are good number of others that quietly exit stage left.

This matters when people seek to have discussions about stadiums or government funding or other things.

Celebrate Rickmando’s departure at your own risk.
Are you trying to suggest Andrew Barr or the federal government for that matter wouldn’t fund Canberra major infrastructure (a stadium) because Ricky called Jaeman a dog??? Or that they wouldn’t fund it because some fans don’t like the coach / people who run the club. I’m very confused.
Correct - you do seem confused.

Success breeds success. Most sporting clubs dream of a scenario where on field success is matched by off field growth in supporters and sponsors dollars. This makes it easier to attract top line recruits, grow the product further and expand. The raiders very quickly outgrew Seiffert and Woodgers in the late 90s and everyone wanted to be a part of it.

Right now the raiders have a poor product on the field and in my view are not covering themselves in glory off the field. You can dismiss my view, you can laugh off Rickmando or various others who have stopped opening the wallet and turning up.

Blame the weather, the salary cap, the NRL, Canberra not having a beach - there are a thousand excuses. Melbourne is not an NRL town and it does just fine.

At the moment the raiders are not a growth product and you don’t win a new stadium or get nice things. I’d suggest the club needs to draw a line in the sand and set a standard that aligns with the community it represents. Here is a start:

- Stop backing every player that gets arrested for drink driving, assault or anything else.
- Set the clubs expectations around vaccinations to something that aligns with Canberra being the highest vaccinated community in the world at the time.
- Take leadership on a situation where the coach has publicly attacked a family over an decade old incident with an 11 year old child.

Or don’t do any of those things - stay on this path. Hit the 8 every leap year or so and get a modest spike in interest before returning to the miserable decline that we blame on refs, player agents, unconscious bias, bunkers and the AFL.

You can face those facts, but something tells me you’d rather be confused…
Haha you clown. GIO stadium was built for an athletics tournament and then upgraded for the olympics, basically nothing to do with the Raiders.

How many times do you post here a day? Jesus, Ricky and the Furners are living in your head rent free.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Billy Walker wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:43 pm

Strong agree Gergs.

Also - this place will be poorer for it if Rickmando does leave. Maybe take a break. If you do go, then all the very best and I’ll quietly raise a beer to you in however many years when Ricky pulls the pin.
All the best to you too Bill. Won’t that be a special day when it finally comes
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Riaan - I watched the Canberra Arrows play out there long before the raiders. I never suggested it was constructed for the raiders. You really are a little confused.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Riaan wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:59 pm
Riaan wrote: August 8, 2022, 5:37 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 8, 2022, 4:36 pm
T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 3:53 pm As opposed to paying 'members', who you feel DO have a say?

People can say “it’s only Rickmando” or “who cares”, but I can assure you it isn’t.

There is a core of supporters at any club that will blindly follow wherever the club goes and good on them. There are a lot of other fickle supporters that get accused of being bandwagon folks who only jump on when times are good.

There are others in between like Rickmando who have become disillusioned with the club. I haven’t opened my wallet for anything raiders for a good few years and I see others on here across various threads saying similar.

For every Rickmando who states that position you can bet there are good number of others that quietly exit stage left.

This matters when people seek to have discussions about stadiums or government funding or other things.

Celebrate Rickmando’s departure at your own risk.
Are you trying to suggest Andrew Barr or the federal government for that matter wouldn’t fund Canberra major infrastructure (a stadium) because Ricky called Jaeman a dog??? Or that they wouldn’t fund it because some fans don’t like the coach / people who run the club. I’m very confused.
Correct - you do seem confused.

Success breeds success. Most sporting clubs dream of a scenario where on field success is matched by off field growth in supporters and sponsors dollars. This makes it easier to attract top line recruits, grow the product further and expand. The raiders very quickly outgrew Seiffert and Woodgers in the late 90s and everyone wanted to be a part of it.

Right now the raiders have a poor product on the field and in my view are not covering themselves in glory off the field. You can dismiss my view, you can laugh off Rickmando or various others who have stopped opening the wallet and turning up.

Blame the weather, the salary cap, the NRL, Canberra not having a beach - there are a thousand excuses. Melbourne is not an NRL town and it does just fine.

At the moment the raiders are not a growth product and you don’t win a new stadium or get nice things. I’d suggest the club needs to draw a line in the sand and set a standard that aligns with the community it represents. Here is a start:

- Stop backing every player that gets arrested for drink driving, assault or anything else.
- Set the clubs expectations around vaccinations to something that aligns with Canberra being the highest vaccinated community in the world at the time.
- Take leadership on a situation where the coach has publicly attacked a family over an decade old incident with an 11 year old child.

Or don’t do any of those things - stay on this path. Hit the 8 every leap year or so and get a modest spike in interest before returning to the miserable decline that we blame on refs, player agents, unconscious bias, bunkers and the AFL.

You can face those facts, but something tells me you’d rather be confused…
Haha you clown. GIO stadium was built for an athletics tournament and then upgraded for the olympics, basically nothing to do with the Raiders.

How many times do you post here a day? Jesus, Ricky and the Furners are living in your head rent free.
Oh but don't worry, he's voted with his feet and wallet and doesn't support the Raiders... he just spends 12 hours a day posting on a Raiders forum. Keep the good fight going Billy Image

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

CRaid wrote:@TR
Let me repeat …

Don't bother CRaid, T_R has never ever lost his temper nor has he ever said something he later regretted. You'll just get some holier than thou sarcastic response. Not worth engaging with as he doesn't argue in good faith EDIT

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:38 pm

I guess this is very much where I'm coming from, too. I mean, who speaks like that? It's said that we tend to gravitate towards brands and organisations that 'share our values'...Im just not sure how much I want to associate myself with this one.
I'm glad someone has been thinking along the same lines as I have. I'm really struggling with the fact that our leader, the guy who is basically the driving force behind the club thinks that what he said was ok. A personal matter 10+ years ago, is ok to bring up at a press conference and to think its fine to share his personal opinion on an individual to me just sums up the character of the man. I used to think that all these deadbeats who screwed over the club and did silly, horrible and ridiculous things were a cancer on the club and it was a good thing for the culture to have them gone. After Saturdays nights ridiculous, unprofessional and plainly spiteful comments, I really do think stuart is a cancer in the club, he drives the culture and those comments show that he has little integrity, he's petty and small and uses whatever means he can to lash out at people who he has disagreements with.
This club is on its knees and management are just happy we aren't last.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Oh Billy😆😆😆 never change son.

Let’s face it, the amount of regular posters here would be <100 (99 now that rickmando threw his toys out of the cot)
If you really wanted to initiate change social media (Facebook and instagram) would be the better bet to start a revolution so to speak.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

chris83 wrote: August 8, 2022, 10:16 pm
T_R wrote: August 8, 2022, 8:38 pm

I'm glad someone has been thinking along the same lines as I have. I'm really struggling with the fact that our leader, the guy who is basically the driving force behind the club thinks that what he said was ok. A personal matter 10+ years ago, is ok to bring up at a press conference and to think its fine to share his personal opinion on an individual to me just sums up the character of the man. I used to think that all these deadbeats who screwed over the club and did silly, horrible and ridiculous things were a cancer on the club and it was a good thing for the culture to have them gone. After Saturdays nights ridiculous, unprofessional and plainly spiteful comments, I really do think stuart is a cancer in the club, he drives the culture and those comments show that he has little integrity, he's petty and small and uses whatever means he can to lash out at people who he has disagreements with.
This club is on its knees and management are just happy we aren't last.
Watch out..... That Ricky bashing is gonna get you a target on your back.......

I always look at it this way.... You have to look at Ricky as two separate people

The player: Great player, one of the Raiders greats, deserves HOF and all the accolades he has received

The coach: 3 finals series in nine years (we won't make it this year) is not good enough. Plain and simple. Add in the comments on the weekend along with his stubborness to change his game plan, change his side, drop players that need to be dropped and his uninspiring use of the bench..... If this was ANY other club besides the Raiders he wouldnt of gotten a new contact as 3 finals in 9 years isn't good enough.

Call me a bandwagon supporter or whatever you want. But I want this club that I have supported since '96 to be successful as it can be. And with Ricky as coach I just don't see any positives for the next three years (I hope I'm wrong)
Perth Based Raiders Fan
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

As someone without a dog in the fight and no agenda...

This is a terrible look for the Stuart and a really bad look for the club. He appears childish, petulant and unable to control himself - none of which you want in a coach.

I don't think the club has distanced itself sufficiently and that reflects poorly.

I don't know what should happen, but I do know I wouldn't want to be associated with this as a partner of the club.

(FWIW, I think Stuart is a terrible coach and I long for him to coach the Kangaroos again).
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Have a quick flick through these links to get a sense of how a professional sporting club operates and then google “raiders team values” and see how you go:

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20T ... 8%20LR.pdf

https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20T ... lesWeb.pdf
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart reveals reason behind his “weak-gutted dog” comment in interview with NRL Integrity Unit

Canberra’s Ricky Stuart is set to be stood down from coaching this weekend and fined $20,000 fine for explosive comments following Saturday’s loss to the Panthers in Canberra. Canberra management has also offered Stuart the opportunity to stand down for a match.

“I have spoken to Jason King from the Integrity Unit,” Stuart said. “Confidentially, I’ve given him the reasons behind my comments. I don’t want to comment any further.”

A source close to the NRL said Stuart’s comments were sparked by an issue involving Salmon and two of his children when he was coach of Cronulla 12 years ago.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 906dd0f42a
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Wow. He still can’t seperate the issues. What happened 12 years ago isn’t the reason behind his comments, it the reason he has beef. I don’t think anyone here has an issue that he has beef with someone that has attacked his family in some way. Holding that grudge against a kid for 12 years is questionable.

But the issue here is not with his beef, it’s using his position and platform to personally attack someone. It’s not on, and the fact he still can’t seperate those 2 things is genuinely concerning. The fact the club has done a really poor job of distancing itself and setting a standard here is also exceptionally dissapointing.
Last edited by Coastalraider on August 9, 2022, 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.