Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:49 pm
Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:47 pm He’s right you know
About what?
About everyth..... nah, can’t bring myself to do it. Dammit!
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

About the unconscious bias?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:13 pm Interesting screen shot. All the commentators seem to be claiming a penalty was deserved, but maybe not! Seems to show time was up before the second push from CHN.
It is worth noting that time may have been up before CHN pushes him a second time, which would have been the infringement but the fox sports telecast clock doesnt prove or disprove that. The official time clock can and will often be very slightly different to broadcast game times.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: August 14, 2022, 6:57 pm
About everything dammit
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

About nothing, dammit!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I tried to watch a replay to pay close attention to the official, because he'll be told when time is up by the official time keeper, so i wanted to try and see when he starts signalling fulltime, as that will be when he's told the game is over but fox never showed a replay where you can see the official until its several seconds past the event.

Either way im not going to tie myself in knots over it. Ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Botman wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:02 pm Either way im not going to tie myself in knots over it. Ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts
It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

The commentators were just trying to manifest some drama. Simple as that. Annoying.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:01 pm
About nothing, dammit!
Always thought you were a good bloke Finchy
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:51 pm
Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:01 pm
About nothing, dammit!
Always thought you were a good bloke Finchy
Fine, you’re right about some things
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I started cheering at the ground because I thought full time was called during the tackle, but who knows when it was called.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:02 pm I tried to watch a replay to pay close attention to the official, because he'll be told when time is up by the official time keeper, so i wanted to try and see when he starts signalling fulltime, as that will be when he's told the game is over but fox never showed a replay where you can see the official until its several seconds past the event.

Either way im not going to tie myself in knots over it. Ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts
*checks notes
"A rub of the green" if you will..
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

Finchy wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:04 pm
Botman wrote: August 14, 2022, 7:02 pm Either way im not going to tie myself in knots over it. Ebbs and flows, swings and roundabouts
It's circular. It's like a carousel. You pay the quarter, you get on the horse, it goes up and down, and AROUND. It's circular. Circle, with the music, the flow. All good things.
Son of a bitch ball! Why didn't you go home?! That's your home! Are you too good for your home?! Answer me!
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

BJ wrote:I started cheering at the ground because I thought full time was called during the tackle, but who knows when it was called.
On the Tv when the tackle was started there were 3 seconds to go, so I have no doubt that the play was over during the tackle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Listened to the game on a long drive.

Just watched the highlight of the last 90 seconds… timoko is wildly out of place and jogs back causing the final line break - kris comes from the other side to smash him.

Kris is vastly underrated by a lot of people on here - he is a smart talented footballer.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

papabear wrote: August 14, 2022, 9:56 pm Listened to the game on a long drive.

Just watched the highlight of the last 90 seconds… timoko is wildly out of place and jogs back causing the final line break - kris comes from the other side to smash him.

Kris is vastly underrated by a lot of people on here - he is a smart talented footballer.
I think Kris is our best centre at the moment in our club. Horse also did well to run back.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I thought Papa, Sutton and Horse were awesome today, all running for over 100 metres. Guler only ran for 46 m so will have to make way for Tapine.

Sutton played his best game for us this year today, so too Whitehead. I don't recall any missed tackles or dropped ball from him today. He only gave away that one penalty when he put Lawrie in that awkward position. I don't think it was a crusher.

Savage was very consistent and had two try assists, no mistakes that I can recall. He really adds to our attack and needs to also attack on the right hand side.

Hoppa can put pressure on Cotric, I loved his tough runs.
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 14, 2022, 10:56 pm I thought Papa, Sutton and Horse were awesome today, all running for over 100 metres. Guler only ran for 46 m so will have to make way for Tapine.

Sutton played his best game for us this year today, so too Whitehead. I don't recall any missed tackles or dropped ball from him today. He only gave away that one penalty when he put Lawrie in that awkward position. I don't think it was a crusher.

Savage was very consistent and had two try assists, no mistakes that I can recall. He really adds to our attack and needs to also attack on the right hand side.

Agree with what you said above, savage once he cleans up the errors, bit more beef etc he will be an absolute star

Loved what Hoppa brought, besides his first touch which was an error, he played well all game, especially loved him drifting across field and picking up a man on the outside, drew and passed really well and did it multiple times
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I’d be picking Hoppa over Cotric 100%
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Billy Walker wrote:I’d be picking Hoppa over Cotric 100%
Schiller is also in the conversation

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

kona_dream wrote:What do you mean? It is pretty clear cut. Dragons could have challenged but they blew theirs on the kickoff dead challenge. If it was a penalty against raiders they could have challenged.
How could anyone challenge? The referee had blown full time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
kona_dream wrote:What do you mean? It is pretty clear cut. Dragons could have challenged but they blew theirs on the kickoff dead challenge. If it was a penalty against raiders they could have challenged.

Didn't the NRL rule the other week that full time constituted a 'break in play'?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: August 15, 2022, 6:01 am
greeneyed wrote:

Didn't the NRL rule the other week that full time constituted a 'break in play'?

The short whistle is but the long whistle is the end of the game.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

long whistle came later, about 25secs after the siren.
Could and probably should have penalised CHN but feagai dropped it spud cold trying to milk.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Rick wrote: August 15, 2022, 12:10 am
Billy Walker wrote:I’d be picking Hoppa over Cotric 100%
Schiller is also in the conversation

Yep - one thing is for certain, we don’t need Cotric on the books at $600k a season and aren’t getting value from him for that investment.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

bonehead wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

long whistle came later, about 25secs after the siren.
Could and probably should have penalised CHN but feagai dropped it spud cold trying to milk.

I was wondering about that, but didn't hear the 'long' whistle. This is such a stupid little quirk ... seemingly brought in to hide their incompetence and you just know it will cause another absolute **** storm. It's just a matter of time.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

greeneyed wrote:

They did, but holding down too long I believe isn’t something you can challenge.

I thought watching the game on TV the ref had called the dragons lost the ball not necessarily full time during the tackle. I guess we will need to wait for the NRL press conference today.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Billy Walker wrote: August 15, 2022, 12:05 am I’d be picking Hoppa over Cotric 100%
Yeah Hoppa has had a few great breaks on kick returns. Offers much more there vs Cotric's cross field runs where he goes 50m to gain about 3m. If Cotric would get back to running straight he might swing the needle back his way as he's a great finisher in tight spots.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

papabear wrote:Listened to the game on a long drive.

Yeah, it was really poor defence there from Timoko.

Agree about Kris, he's clearly playing on the more cohesive side with a good quality second rower in Young, bit he's played himself into some really good form.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:I thought Papa, Sutton and Horse were awesome today, all running for over 100 metres. Guler only ran for 46 m so will have to make way for Tapine.

Guler was poor. Low output with the ball and a poor missed tackle that led to their first try. Had a good shot on Amone and got nothing.

The guy plays with almost zero intensity too.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

kona_dream wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

They did, but holding down too long I believe isn’t something you can challenge.

I thought watching the game on TV the ref had called the dragons lost the ball not necessarily full time during the tackle. I guess we will need to wait for the NRL press conference today.
I believe he did too but the dragons didn't have any challenges left anyway

Edrick The Entertainer
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

The suggestion of picking Hopoate over Cotric is absolutely insane. Hopoate has stepped up and had a dig but let's be serious here.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:30 pm
gergreg wrote: August 14, 2022, 4:10 pm Up 24 to 12 and having all the momentum and a full attacking set in the 20. Dragons heads have completely dropped. We run five one out hitups, throwing absolutely nothing at them. Then give away a stupid penalty. Sums up the game, the season and the team at the moment.

It's too depressing to fully pick apart. We can say its a win but there's massive issues there.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Yep this was the moment for me too.

Literally every time we have an opportunity to differentiate ourselves from plodding sides we just absolutely refuse to do so.

Sometimes they outplod us and we get away with the narrow victory (Knights, Dragons today).

Sometimes we outplod them (Warriors away, Dragons a few weeks back).

There is just no football IQ, no killer instinct, nothing. We just bumble along and hope that the other side is worse on the day.
But we get out there and Bleed Green for 80 minutes!
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

papabear wrote: August 14, 2022, 9:56 pm Listened to the game on a long drive.

I didn't notice that but I did notice his fantastic kick chases all game. He's doing a lot right
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 15, 2022, 8:39 am
Hong Kong Raider wrote:I thought Papa, Sutton and Horse were awesome today, all running for over 100 metres. Guler only ran for 46 m so will have to make way for Tapine.

Guler was poor. Low output with the ball and a poor missed tackle that led to their first try. Had a good shot on Amone and got nothing.

The guy plays with almost zero intensity too.

First Savage, now Guler - you’re a hard man to please Seiff.

Nah I agree, Guler is punching out Betty White numbers.