Dragons 13+
27%

Total votes: 11

daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Re: 2022 Rd 22 V Dragons: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by daley6 »

Cmon cowboys, need you to win, cause roosters will lose to souths last round, so need another loss from them , of course we will have to win all our remaining games hahaha
daley6
David Grant

Post by daley6 »

Oh well that game is done now
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Roosters playing far too good at the right time of the year.
Not all hope is lost though, I think Broncos will drop out, they got some tough games ahead and have been pretenders all year.
Would be great to witness the reaction if that happened too

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

daley6
David Grant

Post by daley6 »

I hope so , but they will beat the knights this week though
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

We are not a top 8 side though and can only blame ourselves. The Roosters are way better than us. Even Broncos.

We cannot do a fluid backline move to save our lives.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

You know our faint hopes would be slightly less faint if we just had one or two games where we spanked a rubbish side for our for and against.

But we are completely incapable of that.
Up The Milk
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

pffftttt
as if the roosters were gonna lose, the NRL would never allow the rorters to miss the 8.... especially in the golden childs 200th game.... now we have to endure another week EDIT.... i swear, if its not tedesco its latrell mitchell...
anyway, the scenario now is that the rorters MUST lose ALL 3 remaining games, and we have to WIN all 4 of ours..... youd have to be in fantasy land to think thats gonna happen, so yeh, season officially over now... best we can hope for is a 9th place finish only missing the 8 on for and against....those games we lost against the dragons 12-10 and warriors by 1 in controversial circumstances really did kill our season.... but overall we are just an unfit and useless team :thumbsdown
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 13, 2022, 4:58 pm You know our faint hopes would be slightly less faint if we just had one or two games where we spanked a rubbish side for our for and against.

We are incapable of it because we're also a rubbish side :lol:
Its like when people look at the draw and say we've got an easy/soft run home...i promise you other fans look at their draw and see us and consider it a soft game :lol:
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Mickey_Raider wrote: August 13, 2022, 4:58 pm You know our faint hopes would be slightly less faint if we just had one or two games where we spanked a rubbish side for our for and against.

That's why I laugh when people are like "Oh we're playing the Dragons? We'll put 50 on those clowns!" Please, we haven't put 50 on anyone for about 7 years. The worse the opposition, the worse we play.

When Panthers fans see teams like the Bulldogs, Warriors, Dragons, Titans, Knights, etc, they lick their lips. When I see we are playing those teams, I see embarrassing losses or last-gasp unearned wins.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

But have we done that in the last few years? I cannot recall us scoring more than 40 in a game.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:02 pm

But have we done that in the last few years? I cannot recall us scoring more than 40 in a game.

No we haven’t. Hence the point of my post labelling us incapable.
Up The Milk
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Botman wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:01 pm

Its like when people look at the draw and say we've got an easy/soft run home...i promise you other fans look at their draw and see us and consider it a soft game :lol:
Rubbish Raiders v Rubbish * = Rubbish

* insert Dragons, Knights, Wests, Canterbury, GC, Warriors. Yet we lost to two of those rubbish sides, and lucky to beat rubbish Knights and Warriors.

LOL Ricky saying we can be a top 4 side challenging for the title.

Rubbish coach x 10.

Rubbish administration too.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:08 pm
Botman wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:01 pm

Rubbish Raiders v Rubbish * = Rubbish

* insert Dragons, Knights, Wests, Canterbury, GC, Warriors. Yet we lost to two of those rubbish sides, and lucky to beat rubbish Knights and Warriors.

LOL Ricky saying we can be a top 4 side challenging for the title.

Rubbish coach x 10.

Rubbish administration too.
It's worse when you actually look at the context of all those games too, not just the end result. Lost to Dragons who only scored 12 points. Should have lost to the Knights, save for a hail Mary kick from Hudson with about 30 seconds to go. Barely beat Bulldogs. Let Titans get up 24-0 before running them down. Let them score 24 against us again in the second game. Lost to the Warriors. Nearly lost to them a second time after being 2-3 tries behind, before running them down. Yet to play Wests, but it'll go pear-shaped I'm sure.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

For me it is astounding how carbon copied 4 seasons of footy can be in 2017/18/21/22.

They all played out pretty much identically:

A basket of winnable games against average sides thrown away in infuriating circumstances;

Mini surges of form when sides stop paying us any respect;

Before ultimately being found out as pretenders with zero capability of competing with top sides;

10th.
Up The Milk
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Much prefer the raiders of 2016 who gave it a red hot crack. This style we have played for the last few years is frustrating!!!! Throw the keys to Crawley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote:

We are incapable of it because we're also a rubbish side Image
Its like when people look at the draw and say we've got an easy/soft run home...i promise you other fans look at their draw and see us and consider it a soft game Image
Yeah that's not true at all. We get plenty of respect from neutral supporters if my experience in NRL forums is anything to go by. Nobody is a worse critic of the raiders than this forum.
Our attack is horrible, but we have a pretty decent defense when switched on which is what keeps us above some of the real basket case teams.
I think we'll sneak into 8th place, which is about as high as we deserve.

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Rick wrote:Much prefer the raiders of 2016 who gave it a red hot crack. This style we have played for the last few years is frustrating!!!! Throw the keys to Crawley!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t think Crawley can coach 2022 attack structure, certainly not as well as he could coach previous seasons attack.

We need an attack coach whose worked closely with Cronk or Slater.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Raider Azz wrote: I think we'll sneak into 8th place, which is about as high as we deserve.
Bit early in the evening to be this deep into the cans.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:37 pm
Botman wrote:

Its like when people look at the draw and say we've got an easy/soft run home...i promise you other fans look at their draw and see us and consider it a soft game Image
Yeah that's not true at all. We get plenty of respect from neutral supporters if my experience in NRL forums is anything to go by. Nobody is a worse critic of the raiders than this forum.
Our attack is horrible, but we have a pretty decent defense when switched on which is what keeps us above some of the real basket case teams.

I think Rorters and Donkeys need to lose all remaining games and us win all remaining games for us to make the 8. Who do you see dropping out?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

gangrenous wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: I think we'll sneak into 8th place, which is about as high as we deserve.
I don't drink.

Imagine getting mocked for hoping the team you support makes the finals in the literal supporters forum of that team

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 13, 2022, 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Finchy wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 5:37 pm
Botman wrote:

I think Rorters and Donkeys need to lose all remaining games and us win all remaining games for us to make the 8. Who do you see dropping out?
As i mentioned, I'm hoping for broncos to drop out, purely for the entertainment value it will cause north of the border. Roosters and Broncos do not need to lose all games for us to make it, we just need to win and we're in. With the remaining draw a lot of the teams above us play each other. Our destiny is in our own hands.

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 13, 2022, 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is it's not all doom and gloom like this place would make you believe.

Daniel
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Post by Daniel »

If we finish the regular season with a positive W-L record and still miss the finals, we'll be the first team* to do so since 1999, when a team finished 9th with 13 wins, 10 losses, and 1 draw. That team was the Canberra Raiders.

The Top 8 is incredibly strong this year. Our current form would never make us serious contenders, but in most years we wouldn't need a 14-10 record to sneak into the finals. I know, I know, "tolerating mediocrity".

*Excluding teams that were punished for cheating the salary cap (Bulldogs in 2002 and Storm in 2010).
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 6:06 pm I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Basically what I'm trying to say here is it's not all doom and gloom like this place would make you believe.

Us making it to sixth and Souths dropping out is crazy talk, but I would so love for you to be right.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Finchy wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 6:06 pm I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Us making it to sixth and Souths dropping out is crazy talk, but I would so love for you to be right.
I agree, i couldn't believe it but that was the result i got. That relies on me being 100% in tipping for the remainder of the season though Image

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Yeah south’s are looking horrible and Latrell’s current form is awful…. Maybe take up drinking mate.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Billy Walker wrote:

Yeah south’s are looking horrible and Latrell’s current form is awful…. Maybe take up drinking mate.
Jesus christ you just can't help yourself can you, you clown. Maybe go take a look at souths remaining draw and who they have to play before mouthing off. They literally have to play the Roosters, Cowboys and Panthers.

**** me some of you are insufferable

Last edited by Raider Azz on August 13, 2022, 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 6:37 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Jesus christ you just can't help yourself can you you clown. Maybe go take a look and see souths remaining draw and who they have to play

Why would I do that? You’ve done the finals predictior and told me we are sweet. I’m buying my finals tickets!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Raider Azz wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
I don't drink.

Imagine getting mocked for hoping the team you support makes the finals in the literal supporters forum of that team

I didn’t mock you for hoping. Hope away.

I mocked you for thinking it will happen.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Billy Walker wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:

Jesus christ you just can't help yourself can you you clown. Maybe go take a look and see souths remaining draw and who they have to play

Why would I do that? You’ve done the finals predictior and told me we are sweet. I’m buying my finals tickets!
Not sure why i didn't have you blocked already, but nows a good a time as any.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider Azz wrote: August 13, 2022, 6:47 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
Billy Walker wrote:

Not sure why i didn't have you blocked already, but nows a good a time as any.

Get it done Don
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

the ease at which Azz is just pencilling in the raiders to win out is staggering. Like i know you’ve got decades of raiders fandom under your belt to know better than that! :lol:

I’d love to win out and make the finals
Always root for the raiders to win and playing finals football, even if it’s limping in to the 8 and not having a great deal of confidence of lasting more than a week. Anything can happen once you’re in the dance and all that

But I don’t care who we’re playing, this footy team is capable of losing to anyone and the idea that we’ll can just go about our business and win out is a stark contrast to what this football team has shown us this year
What has happened in 2022 that makes anyone believe we can string together 4 wins?
Not saying it can’t happen, but I don’t know how anyone could have confidence it will happen
We could very easily lose tomorrow!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Fwiw I did the ladder predictor and even if we win out, I’ve got us coming 9th on F/A, and but I also think we’ll trip up and lose at least one of these last few games

Manly or the dragons are probably the two that I think we could lose
Daniel
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Post by Daniel »

Not directed at anyone in particular, but during a week when mental health has been front and centre, perhaps we could be nicer to each other.

I don't drink either, Raider Azz. Smart decision.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Raider Azz wrote:I actually just did the ladder predictor and had us finishing 6th which seems INSANE but there you go. I had us winning the remainder of our games which if we turn up we should do, with souths dropping out of the 8 and roosters and broncos finishing 2 points behind us.

Have you missed the memo? You can’t enjoy a win or the side making the 8 anymore. It’s all or nothing or your just a blind supporter who’s happy with mediocracy.

I came up with us in 9th, so I went back and changed some results to get us into 9th! ImageImage
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.