Panthers 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by Wiki Special »

I personally don't think Stuart should have said what he did. But just asking a question - would anyones view of this change if it came out Salmon made a personal/horrible comment about a member of Ricky's family?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Stuart's comments were a sideshow. Don't let it distract you from the fact that this was our best chance to beat Penrith in three years, with their 3 key players out, and playing at home, on a 3 game winning streak.

We weren't in the game after 25 mins and failed to score more than 6 points with 41 play the balls in their 20 m zone.

Also we will be pushing an uphill battle to make the 8 - for the second time in a row.

Penrith had the last laugh. We didn't trouble them at all. Not even close. And the distance is getting bigger not closer.
Last edited by Hong Kong Raider on August 6, 2022, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Wiki Special wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:20 pm I personally don't think Stuart should have said what he did. But just asking a question - would anyones view of this change if it came out Salmon made a personal/horrible comment about a member of Ricky's family?
Nope! Think of some of the troubled players we have had through our system let alone some of the other train wrecks across the NRL. Support these kids, work with them to hopefully find a better path. Sanction them, sack them, teach them responsibility but don’t publicly shame them and their upbringing. Terrible power imbalance between Ricky and Salmon. Horrible horrible act by Ricky regardless of any past they might share.
mick63
David Grant
Favourite Player: chicka,lazzo,logan,rapana

Post by mick63 »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:20 pm Stuart's comments were a sideshow. Don't let it distract you from the fact that this was our best chance to beat Penrith in three years, with their 3 key players out, and playing at home, on a 3 game winning streak.

We weren't in the game after 25 mins and failed to score more than 6 points with 41 play the balls in their 20 m zone.

Bingo
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The sentiment of Stuart's comments may well have been somewhat accurate, but I'll just say this. If the club doesn't respond in the harshest possible way to these comments and the way they were delivered, it will be a massive indictment on the whole organisation. That is unless there's some unknown context to the message we're not aware of.

Of course, I expect little to be done by them.
Last edited by Azza on August 6, 2022, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Wiki Special wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:20 pm I personally don't think Stuart should have said what he did. But just asking a question - would anyones view of this change if it came out Salmon made a personal/horrible comment about a member of Ricky's family?

Any more info you can add?
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Re: 2022 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by GreenMachine »

Question wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:29 pm He Is a dog person?, I am a monkey person.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
Frankly I’m a dog person too..
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

They are bunkered down at HQ swilling beers a telling tales of the planet of the dog people as we speak.

This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:32 pm The sentiment of Stuart's comments may well have been somewhat accurate, but I'll just say this. If the club doesn't respond in the harshest possible way to these comments and the way they were delivered, it will be a massive indictment on the whole organisation. That is unless there's some unknown context to the message we're not aware of.

The harshest possible way would be a sacking and I’m good with that
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I can’t believe the focus on Ricky’s hatred for dog persons…

Should have been more focus on how we’re all going to cope watching us run out like a clueless rabble for the next 3 seasons while he continues to “coach us”…
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Ricky can now scratch 2 games a year for the rest of his tenure off the calender as an ass whipping.

This place is woke.
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Post by myanonymoususername »

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:13 pm
T_R wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:08 pm I'd love someone else to ask Furner if that comment represents the values of the Raiders organisation.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Tim Gavel recently wrote some dribble that Ricky isn’t just the raiders he is the heart and soul of Canberra. He’s gross. Dr Alan Hawke, Mr Richardson, Ms Fanning and our other esteemed Board members need to get real about what they stand for because Don is just a yes man that will always side with his idol Ricky.
Yeah, that was rubbish. The Raiders as a club need to recognise that being passionate and community minded does not necessarily make a good NRL coach. There are lots of other things that go into the mix, and based on evidence to date over his career, Ricky doesn't have them.
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Billy Walker wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:36 pm
Azza wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:32 pm The sentiment of Stuart's comments may well have been somewhat accurate, but I'll just say this. If the club doesn't respond in the harshest possible way to these comments and the way they were delivered, it will be a massive indictment on the whole organisation. That is unless there's some unknown context to the message we're not aware of.

The harshest possible way would be a sacking and I’m good with that
More likely, the club will pay his legal fees and the cost of any damages awarded/settled against him.

Ideally, they should be sacking him for bringing the club into disrepute (again).
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:34 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:33 pm
Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:31 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:28 pm Wow, Ricky had a go at Salmon "he was a weak gutted dog as a kid, and he's a weak gutted dog now. He hasn't changed."
**** WOT?
I'm just as surprised as you !
That is absolutely **** WILD.
And I thought when I first read of it, highly defamatory.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

There was the ambush. 30 minutes after fulltime :roflmao
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Danny Wielder reporting he has spoken to Ricky and he isn’t backing down or walking away from the comments.

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

myanonymoususername wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:55 pm
Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:31 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:28 pm Wow, Ricky had a go at Salmon "he was a weak gutted dog as a kid, and he's a weak gutted dog now. He hasn't changed."
**** WOT?
It's not defamatory, it's his opinion of another person. If that is defamatory then you'd have defamation cases over people calling one another a EDIT.

How could you prove in a court of law that someone is or isn't a weak gutted dog? :lol:
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

HAHAHAHA 😂😂 Ricky giving the good news to some Penrith gronk and everyone here bar a few friends going “ooooh I’m such a pussy imagine if it was your mother” “ ooooh you will have your day in court you rascal “
Ricky The Defender , kids will be lining up to play under such a man!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: August 6, 2022, 11:08 pm HAHAHAHA 😂😂 Ricky giving the good news to some Penrith gronk and everyone here bar a few friends going “ooooh I’m such a pussy imagine if it was your mother” “ ooooh you will have your day in court you rascal “
Ricky The Defender , kids will be lining up to play under such a man!
What leads you to say he’s a Penrith gronk?
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

The media should focus on us not making the 8 again and such a terrible performance against the defending premiers and No. 1 side who had 3 of the best out.

In a way, Ricky's really distracted them.

I bet you Ricky's cronies like Kent and Paul Crawley in the media will defend him to the hilt.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: August 6, 2022, 11:16 pm The media should focus on us not making the 8 again and such a terrible performance against the defending premiers and No. 1 side who had 3 of the best out.

In a way, Ricky's really distracted them.

I bet you Ricky's cronies like Kent and Paul Crawley in the media will defend him to the hilt.
The raiders losing is not a story or surprise to most. The coach disgracefully going after a young blokes character needs to be held to account
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

There's no evidence of it is, but as a fan of Stuart since day 1, I can only assume the comments against Salmon may do with things he has said or done to people that Ricky spends all of his free time making life better for.

If that is the case, I'll excuse him. Especially if it's recent history,

If Rick has no reasonable explanation, he really should consider taking leave away from the game. An outburst like that is entirely out of character in its language and indicates to me that something bigger may be pressing.

To the point I have concerns about his well being. And the direction of the club if he remains.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Botman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:32 pm
Botman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:11 pm
Old School Green wrote:Salmon kicked him in the balls and face.

I think it is gutter dog behaviour and happy he called it out. Say what you like about his coaching but if one of our players was kicked in the balls and face like that I’d expect it to be called out.

Looking forward to the history of it coming out too. Kid obviously has form.
Yeah, I'm glad he said it.

On our performance, there were a few issues, but also a lot to like. A few sloppy things in there that cost us a lot, but plenty to be happy with given the final scoreline.

Can't be bothered going through it at the moment though.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Brother. You're **** cooked. Image Image
His own coach isn't going to pull him up over it. Penrith have a terrible record of this sort of behaviour.

Don't care if others think it was over the line. Something needed to be said. They are a grubby club and it was a low act.

Your actually defending these comments? Doubling down.
Wow. Shameful ****.
Righto.

Shameful indeed. Much outrage in this thread at the end of a loss.

I'm mainly glad the coach stood up for his player at the end of intentionally foul play. The calls for legal action etc are a bit over the top.

#NRM.#
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Mate, they can only draft up new contact extensions so quickly. As soon as that press conference was done Donny boy was on to the lawyers to tie Stickie up for another decade on top of his existing contact. And I mean after that performance both on the field and off it, why wouldn't you! /s
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Also I've got no issue with Stuart calling the kick out as Bull and a bitch move, but bringing in some off field issue he has with him was the step too far. All he had to say is "we need to stamp that **** out now, players could get seriously injured and I almost had to use my bench in a way which wasn't in my grand plan I made before kick and must stick to no matter what!"

Kicking out like that should be instant bin stuff, it's not a tackle which accidentally slipped a little high, it's a deliberate act you know is likely to injure someone and its not like it's part of the game, tackles have to be made, thrashing around like a salmon out of water and lashing out should be punished.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

I said on here through the week that the talk of Raiders favouritism was insane given recent meetings between the two teams. They're on a complete other level to us and have been for 3 seasons now, and some elite play from Tarps and Papa masks the fact that the difference in quality is even bigger than the scoreboard suggests.

Simply unbelievable from Stuart in the presser. I thought his snipe at Savage after the Cowboys loss was bad, but this is truly shameful.

A depressing night all round.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Seems like EDIT from the below, but some of our guys have done stupid things as well. EDIT

Personal life

On October 14, 2018, it was reported that Salmon had crashed his white Jeep Cherokee into 3 parked cars before rolling onto its roof, stopping southbound traffic in Miranda in Sydney’s south. Salmon was taken to hospital for mandatory blood and urine testing before being released.[12]

On 5 December 2018, Salmon was charged with low range drink driving for the incident which occurred in October 2018. Salmon was ordered to complete a safe driving course and faced court in January 2019.[13]

On 17 January 2019, Salmon was fined $1500 and disqualified from driving for 6 months at Sutherland Local Court. The court heard Salmon was checking his phone when his Jeep Cherokee crossed onto the wrong side of the road, hit three parked cars before flipping onto its roof stopping traffic. The court also heard Salmon had been out clubbing in Cronulla and arrived on home at 3am, slept for 6 hours before waking at 9am to get breakfast and then buy a suit from Westfield Miranda when the crash occurred.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaeman_Salmon
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:Seems like EDIT from the below, but some of our guys have done stupid things as well. EDIT

Personal life

On October 14, 2018, it was reported that Salmon had crashed his white Jeep Cherokee into 3 parked cars before rolling onto its roof, stopping southbound traffic in Miranda in Sydney’s south. Salmon was taken to hospital for mandatory blood and urine testing before being released.[12]

On 5 December 2018, Salmon was charged with low range drink driving for the incident which occurred in October 2018. Salmon was ordered to complete a safe driving course and faced court in January 2019.[13]

On 17 January 2019, Salmon was fined $1500 and disqualified from driving for 6 months at Sutherland Local Court. The court heard Salmon was checking his phone when his Jeep Cherokee crossed onto the wrong side of the road, hit three parked cars before flipping onto its roof stopping traffic. The court also heard Salmon had been out clubbing in Cronulla and arrived on home at 3am, slept for 6 hours before waking at 9am to get breakfast and then buy a suit from Westfield Miranda when the crash occurred.[14]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaeman_Salmon
If that’s it, then Ricky has far worse things in his past.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

What is a weak gutted dog? A dog with diarrhoea?
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 7, 2022, 5:55 am What is a weak gutted dog? A dog with diarrhoea?
Could’ve just offered him some Imodium, not that hard.

Nah, the comments were grossly unprofessional and an embarrassing reflection on Ricky.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Billy Walker wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:32 pm
Botman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: August 6, 2022, 9:11 pm
Old School Green wrote:Salmon kicked him in the balls and face.

I think it is gutter dog behaviour and happy he called it out. Say what you like about his coaching but if one of our players was kicked in the balls and face like that I’d expect it to be called out.

Looking forward to the history of it coming out too. Kid obviously has form.
Yeah, I'm glad he said it.

On our performance, there were a few issues, but also a lot to like. A few sloppy things in there that cost us a lot, but plenty to be happy with given the final scoreline.

Can't be bothered going through it at the moment though.

Brother. You're **** cooked. Image Image
His own coach isn't going to pull him up over it. Penrith have a terrible record of this sort of behaviour.

Don't care if others think it was over the line. Something needed to be said. They are a grubby club and it was a low act.

You’re are lining yourself up on the wrong side of history here dude!
Yeah, maybe, maybe not.

At this point in time I'm backing a coach who had one of his players kicked in the head and jatz by a 23 year old man on a football field, not some child that needs to be defended by his parents. He called him a "weak gutted dog" based on said act. On that basis I'm reasonably confident nobody is being sued for defamation.

That's all I'm going to say on this. I'm sure the NRL journos and court of public opinion will do whatever they need to do with Stuart.

Last edited by Seiffert82 on August 7, 2022, 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Meanwhile, the performance by our lads wasn't great, but it did highlight how well drilled the Penrith defence is.

The conditions were pretty terrible for most of the game. Our handling at critical moments let us down. We were also never able to maintain any momentum as Penrith were very effective in slowing down the ruck.

I thought our short kicking game was excellent and our defence, apart from the missed tackles that led to tries was pretty solid. Like any good team, Penrith certainly punished us for our errors, and were able to defend theirs.

Our service out of dummy half at times was poor, and at time Fog and Jack cramped our attack laterally. By the end we were going sideways rather than straight and it showed.

Bit of a reality check and the "feud" gets ratcheted up another notch. Good times.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
myanonymoususername wrote: August 6, 2022, 10:55 pm
Botman wrote: August 6, 2022, 8:31 pm **** WOT?
It's not defamatory, it's his opinion of another person. If that is defamatory then you'd have defamation cases over people calling one another a EDIT.

How could you prove in a court of law that someone is or isn't a weak gutted dog? Image
Attacking the reputation and good name of someone doesn't defame them?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Yuk Rick Yuk.

Not needed.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Dr Zaius wrote: August 7, 2022, 5:55 am What is a weak gutted dog? A dog with diarrhoea?
I’d say someone who has lost 2.5lts of blood would be quite weak. Seeing your missus with your best mate would leave you fairly gutted, and if you play for Canterbury your a doggie!