Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to join the Warriors in 2023

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad set to join the Warriors in 2023

Post by Seiffert82 »

KasparRaider wrote:An eloquent and beautiful tribute to CNK by The Sportress. Read it here
https://sportress.org/2022/07/05/there- ... o/#respond
Great article.

CNKs legacy will ultimately be lost to most in the annals of history, but he was absolutely my favourite player that season. Bateman shone brightly but lost the script at the business end of the season, while Papa and Wighton were huge in the big games, but CNK was rock solid for the entire season. Always gave it 100%.

What a great player.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

he was, He was actually really good in attack back then too, not as a ball player but he was a very good ball runner, made a heap of line/tackle breaks etc. will be interesting to see if he can rediscover that, I reckon he might be a bit bulky these days for fullback, has lost quite a bit of pace, probably a good size for a centre though if thats where he ends up
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yep, I think he'd be a really solid centre, and still a fullback in the right system (probably not at the Warriors).

mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Re: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad to join the Warriors in 2023

Post by mobrulesall »

What a guy.

This works for everyone. The team that made the GF is no more and wouldn't cut it now anyway so there's not point staying in CBR rather than being with your kids. Both teams are looking down the barrel of a rebuild.

GG CNK <3, I will miss your amazing try savers from 19/20
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Te Maire Martin apparently going to Warriors, so he may not have fullback spot after all. Although I suspect TMM will play 6
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad's heart-breaking reason for returning to New Zealand

No wonder Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is going home to New Zealand.

"COVID definitely made things a lot harder ... when I went back last Christmas the first thing my oldest boy said to me was, 'I didn't think I was going to see you again, Daddy'," Nicoll-Klokstad said. "That kills me man. It was a dream for me to play NRL and to be at a club like the Canberra Raiders and then the other half of me is a dad as well.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

“That kills me man”: Nicoll-Klokstad reveals reason for Warriors’ return, backs Savage for future: https://www.zerotackle.com/that-kills-m ... re-119858/
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

This article tears me up.

I’d give Charnze a Viking clap if he ever scored against us. No matter what jersey he wears, he will always be a raider.

Go give your boys a cuddle. Thanks for the memories.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Thanks for your time in green CNK,good luck at the Warriors. Family first mate
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

deanoman wrote: July 7, 2022, 10:45 am This article tears me up.

I’d give Charnze a Viking clap if he ever scored against us. No matter what jersey he wears, he will always be a raider.

Go give your boys a cuddle. Thanks for the memories.
Absolutely.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

When CNK joined the club we were either inconsistent or poor in the FB position. In his first year he came in and rarely dropped a bomb or missed a tackle. Imo, he never recovered from the Kikau incident and his injury sapped his confidence. I think he is making the right move in getting back closer to his family. Thanks for some great memories in Green Charnze. I wish you well and a happy, healthy future.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

RedRaider wrote: July 7, 2022, 10:16 pm When CNK joined the club we were either inconsistent or poor in the FB position. In his first year he came in and rarely dropped a bomb or missed a tackle. Imo, he never recovered from the Kikau incident and his injury sapped his confidence. I think he is making the right move in getting back closer to his family. Thanks for some great memories in Green Charnze. I wish you well and a happy, healthy future.

I was a bit worried about what I'd find when I came on here. So glad to read some great posts about CNK's contribution.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Charnze exceeded all expectations and did a good job. I think it is a good move for him and I hope he is successful at the Warriors.

Curious about the personal well wishes some people are posting to him here. Are we thinking he’s likely to read this thread?
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2022, 10:38 pm Charnze exceeded all expectations and did a good job. I think it is a good move for him and I hope he is successful at the Warriors.

Curious about the personal well wishes some people are posting to him here. Are we thinking he’s likely to read this thread?
Adam “Joshjacksonshead” Elliott certainly does
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet :lol:

Like I'm sure there is some athletes who have the discipline/don't care enough to not to google or dive into their mentions/comments sections, or not listen to the audio coverage, but even those guys and girls have friends and family who are going to to reading and reporting back. But I don't think it's many. It's the internet age, most of them live on their phones like the rest of us. They know what is being said.

And this site has had many interactions with the club itself regarding some matters, so we know they monitor it on some level.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet :lol:

Like I'm sure there is some athletes who have the discipline/don't care enough to not to google or dive into their mentions/comments sections, or not listen to the audio coverage, but even those guys and girls have friends and family who are going to to reading and reporting back. But I don't think it's many. It's the internet age, most of them live on their phones like the rest of us. They know what is being said.

And this site has had many interactions with the club itself regarding some matters, so we know they monitor it on some level.
Exactly, well said. And that's why it really pisses me off when a player gets deathridden into the ground on this forum, it becomes a snowball effect and almost always their form starts to get worse and worse and it ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You wish the players could have the discipline to not read these forums or not let it get to them, but it's just not a realistic expectation... players are human, after all.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Nickman wrote:
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet Image

Exactly, well said. And that's why it really pisses me off when a player gets deathridden into the ground on this forum, it becomes a snowball effect and almost always their form starts to get worse and worse and it ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You wish the players could have the discipline to not read these forums or not let it get to them, but it's just not a realistic expectation... players are human, after all.
ataoatghi

Trevor Thurling resisting the temptation when meeting a young Pigsy Image

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

The Nickman wrote: July 8, 2022, 10:09 am
Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 9:42 am Its pretty funny people still think players don't know the **** fans say about them on the internet :lol:

Does that go for the coach too? Supporters forum? More like fire the coach out of a cannon forum.

And by the way, I’m not actually having a go nor do I care, I’m just being facetious.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote: July 8, 2022, 11:08 am

Does that go for the coach too? Supporters forum? More like fire the coach out of a cannon forum.

And by the way, I’m not actually having a go nor do I care, I’m just being facetious.
Well I think the coach definitely reads the forums WAY too much, some of those press conferences it feels like he's talking directly to the GH faithful.

Should he be immune from criticism? I don't think so. Do people really "deathride" him or have we reached a stage where we can finally admit the guy flatout can't coach?
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

I guess that’s where it comes down to there being a fine line between what some would consider “reasonable criticism” of a player/coaches shortcomings, and “death riding” them.

I guess what some people would call “over the top”, other people would say is fair critique. Other than Taps, nearly everyone else on the team as been copping heat lately for their form and shortcomings. I’d say most of it is fair too.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Finchy wrote: July 8, 2022, 11:52 am I guess that’s where it comes down to there being a fine line between what some would consider “reasonable criticism” of a player/coaches shortcomings, and “death riding” them.

I guess what some people would call “over the top”, other people would say is fair critique. Other than Taps, nearly everyone else on the team as been copping heat lately for their form and shortcomings. I’d say most of it is fair too.
Honestly, I just wished the players wouldn't read it, it obviously affects their form.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I hope John Bateman read the forum leading into the Grand Final.

If he didn't, here it is again...

Hi John. Why don't you stop talking about your **** contract and angling to leave the club on the eve of the Grand Final. Dip****.

Kind regards.

All the best CNK. You've always done the club proud. I wish you all the best.

President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 8, 2022, 1:24 pm I hope John Bateman read the forum leading into the Grand Final.

If he didn't, here it is again...

Hi John. Why don't you stop talking about your **** contract and angling to leave the club on the eve of the Grand Final. Dip****.

Kind regards.
Ben Cummins: Hold my beer.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Interesting, because on the other side of the coin when it’s been suggested that pages of dribble about referees bias, NRL bias and unconscious bias is really establishing a culture of excuses and no accountability in the club it’s said the views of supporters don’t influence the club :hmmm
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: July 8, 2022, 2:20 pm

Interesting, because on the other side of the coin when it’s been suggested that pages of dribble about referees bias, NRL bias and unconscious bias is really establishing a culture of excuses and no accountability in the club it’s said the views of supporters don’t influence the club :hmmm
The views of supporters DON'T influence the club. I'll bet you anything Donny and the boys on the board don't pay this forum a single lick of notice.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

They certainly pay it notice, but it doubt it has any impact on any consequential decisions they might make

I’m really not sure how those two concepts are two sides of a the same coin myself.

How the club responds to fan feedback and criticism and what impact that has on their decision making VS players being aware of what’s said about them online feel closer to different currencies than they do being the same side of a coin
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2022, 5:11 pm They certainly pay it notice, but it doubt it has any impact on any consequential decisions they might make

I’m really not sure how those two concepts are two sides of a the same coin myself.

How the club responds to fan feedback and criticism and what impact that has on their decision making VS players being aware of what’s said about them online feel closer to different currencies than they do being the same side of a coin
Also interesting - we say the board and club doesn’t just measure success through the lens of wins and losses but rather takes a broader view of membership numbers, merchandise sales etc - Yet we don’t think supporter sentiment is something of interest to them.

But we are more certain that we have a direct line to the players with the ability to impact their form or raise their spirits.

:hmmm
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I think the Raiders offered him an opportunty and CNK took it.

I hope he kicks on at the Warriors! Wishing him the best.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Botman wrote:They certainly pay it notice, but it doubt it has any impact on any consequential decisions they might make

Yeah, that’s the way I view it too… completely different things
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

The Nickman wrote: July 9, 2022, 6:29 am
Botman wrote:They certainly pay it notice, but it doubt it has any impact on any consequential decisions they might make

One young person from the club should be screening these sorts of forums for ideas/thoughts that might be useful, and then passing them up the tree to someone more senior for consideration. Wisdom of the hive and all that.

Aside from this one person assigned the role, no one else involved with the club should ever read a fan forum. Ever. I mean, those ideas might account for 1% of posts, and almost of those ideas should have already been considered.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Boomercm wrote: July 10, 2022, 9:55 pm
The Nickman wrote: July 9, 2022, 6:29 am

One young person from the club should be screening these sorts of forums for ideas/thoughts that might be useful, and then passing them up the tree to someone more senior for consideration. Wisdom of the hive and all that.

Aside from this one person assigned the role, no one else involved with the club should ever read a fan forum. Ever. I mean, those ideas might account for 1% of posts, and almost of those ideas should have already been considered.
Imagine being the intern who has to report to RIcky every week with the, "Yeah well the internet says..." report. :roflmao
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Some serious delusions of relevance going on in this thread 🤪
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders on hunt to bolster fullback depth to cover loss of Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

Ricky Stuart decided to play the departing Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad in NSW Cup this week, to give him some big minutes. There are young gun fullbacks coming through, but the Raiders will look to boost depth if the right player comes along. There’s not a lot of fullbacks on the market right now.

"We've got young Xavier, we're bringing a young guy in from the Australian schoolboys championships called Chevy Stewart - a fullback, young guy - we're bringing him in. We've just got to keep looking as well."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good news. We should always be looking for talent in those key positions, especially 7, 9 and 1.

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Yet you constantly bash Ricky :hmmm
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: July 8, 2022, 3:54 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 8, 2022, 2:20 pm

The views of supporters DON'T influence the club. I'll bet you anything Donny and the boys on the board don't pay this forum a single lick of notice.
You weren't around when the club pulled in a few people from here IRT some posts made around the Neil Henry era
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.