Ricky Stuart savages referee standard

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: Ricky Stuart savages referee standard

Post by gerg »

Seiffert82 wrote:I understand the sentiment regarding the pipeline of amateur refs coming through the system. To that extent, you have to be careful with how these issues are handled. I don't necessarily think the refs who make mistakes should be dropped (except Cummins...). People make mistakes. I just want the game to be adjudicated more consistently. My gripe is with the rules.

The laws of the game as they stand are a joke. The arbitrary 6 again vs penalty is a joke. The random sin binning of players for professional fouls is a joke. They tweaked the rules this season to dissuade teams from intentionally slowing down the ruck on early tackles by making it an automatic penalty in the defensive 50. That is an admission the rule doesn't work.

The whole reason this rule sucks is exactly what we saw on the weekend. I said it when the rule was introduced and I'll keep saying it until it is changed.

I hope one of the Origin teams loses the decider because of it. We might finally see the 6 again rule ditched.

Good teams will win by playing good football, if the old rules were properly applied. The game didn't need to be artificially sped up with random 6 again penalties, which half the time nobody understands.
I thought - maybe incorrectly (?) - that the referees had the option to decide whether an indiscretion would result in a penalty or a 6again? Wasn't this a change which was made?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Rickmando wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:25 am
Finchy wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:20 am I don’t believe they are paid off or even necessarily consciously biased, but I know for a fact there are referees who really don’t like certain players or coaches.

You can’t tell me that a referee that has beef with Ricky (like Perenara or Klein had) that it doesn’t have any influence on which way they might go on a discretionary penalty or a 50/50 call. It’s human nature.
Please. They are out there reacting to a high-speed, unpredictable sport that is played in front of thousands of fans making noise in the background. It’s an assault on the senses. They aren’t thinking as they put the whistle to their mouth “ha ha! I can’t wait to stitch up Rick with this one!”

That is just a comical suggestion Finchy
I take it you’ve never played sport where the ref clearly doesn’t like a particular team. They can (and do) screw teams over no matter how fast the decision needs to be made.

If you have Elliott Whitehead screaming at you about every decision and the opposing captain Cam Smith is calm and rational, who’s going to get that “forward pass for a try” not called back?

Take off the rose tinted glasses, it happens at all levels.

Remember the Warriors game last year? The match winning try that was a mile forward? Perenara even stopped as if to blow it it was that obvious. But then conveniently decides to let it go. This is the guy Ricky sacked. You can’t tell me there isn’t that little voice in the back of your mind saying “screw you”.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Rickmando wrote:That’s all well and good Seiff- and I agree that the issue is fundamentally with the NRL - a sporting body that is incredibly unprofessional compared to its local and international counterparts. The rule book has been slowly becoming a joke over the past decade or so, and all rule changes/interpretations recently are seemingly made reactively rather than proactively with rational thought.

But if Rick really is rattling the sabre for systemic change, why aren’t we hearing him championing the cause weekly? These rants only come up, surprise surprise, when we lose a game.

And it’s petulant/spilt milk/sore loser stuff from Rick - it reflects poorly on the club.

Frankly we should expect better from our figurehead who has the job of leading and influencing players and staff around the organisation. It’s selfish - it’s all just another con to try and distract the RL world from the stone cold fact he’s dreadful at his job. And everyone keeps buying it, because the RL world (and this fanbase) have just enough gullible idiots to keep perpetuating the myth…
We don't know what is being said behind the scenes. What we hear is responses to questions from journalists.

Over the offseason they tweaked the rules to make it an automatic penalty in the defensive 50 on the back of feedback from the clubs. I'm almost certain the club talks to the NRL about any number of issues that we never hear about.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Seiffert82 on July 6, 2022, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:40 am
Rickmando wrote:That’s all well and good Seiff- and I agree that the issue is fundamentally with the NRL - a sporting body that is incredibly unprofessional compared to its local and international counterparts. The rule book has been slowly becoming a joke over the past decade or so, and all rule changes/interpretations recently are seemingly made reactively rather than proactively with rational thought.

But if Rick really is rattling the sabre for systemic change, why aren’t we hearing him championing the cause weekly? These rants only come up, surprise surprise, when we lose a game.

And it’s petulant/spilt milk/sore loser stuff from Rick - it reflects poorly on the club.

Frankly we should expect better from our figurehead who has the job of leading and influencing players and staff around the organisation. It’s selfish - it’s all just another con to try and distract the RL world from the stone cold fact he’s dreadful at his job. And everyone keeps buying it, because the RL world (and this fanbase) have just enough gullible idiots to keep perpetuating the myth…
We don't know what is being said behind the scenes. What we hear is responses to questions from journalists.

Over the offseason they tweaked the rules to make it an automatic penalty on the back of feedback from the clubs. I'm almost certain the club talks to the NRL about any number of issues that we never hear about.

Of course. But the press conference and any public forum is an opportunity to control the image of the club you’d like to present. Rick conveniently whingeing about referees only when we lose is a terrible look, surely you’d agree?
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Finchy wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:36 am
Rickmando wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:25 am
Finchy wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:20 am I don’t believe they are paid off or even necessarily consciously biased, but I know for a fact there are referees who really don’t like certain players or coaches.

You can’t tell me that a referee that has beef with Ricky (like Perenara or Klein had) that it doesn’t have any influence on which way they might go on a discretionary penalty or a 50/50 call. It’s human nature.
Please. They are out there reacting to a high-speed, unpredictable sport that is played in front of thousands of fans making noise in the background. It’s an assault on the senses. They aren’t thinking as they put the whistle to their mouth “ha ha! I can’t wait to stitch up Rick with this one!”

That is just a comical suggestion Finchy
I take it you’ve never played sport where the ref clearly doesn’t like a particular team. They can (and do) screw teams over no matter how fast the decision needs to be made.

If you have Elliott Whitehead screaming at you about every decision and the opposing captain Cam Smith is calm and rational, who’s going to get that “forward pass for a try” not called back?

Take off the rose tinted glasses, it happens at all levels.

Remember the Warriors game last year? The match winning try that was a mile forward? Perenara even stopped as if to blow it it was that obvious. But then conveniently decides to let it go. This is the guy Ricky sacked. You can’t tell me there isn’t that little voice in the back of your mind saying “screw you”.
Been involved in plenty of sports, still am. Yes you can feel aggrieved on the day when things go against you and your team, and refs are human, not robots, so I’ll acknowledge emotion may play a part.

But I don’t believe they go into a game with the intention of screwing over one team intentionally, which seems to be the belief of a lot on here. And I certainly don’t think there is any systematic NRL conspiracy to do over the Raiders, refereeing or otherwise. The NRL would not give us any more thought as an individual member of their organisation than they do the other member clubs. To think they spend any extra time devising ways to keep us down is just asinine.

If we aren’t performing as well as we could be (and at the moment that is painfully obvious), there are likely 100 things we could do better as an organisation to improve said performance, that are totally in our control, before we start chasing wild gooses all the way to NRL HQ.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Rickmando wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 6, 2022, 10:40 am

Over the offseason they tweaked the rules to make it an automatic penalty on the back of feedback from the clubs. I'm almost certain the club talks to the NRL about any number of issues that we never hear about.

Of course. But the press conference and any public forum is an opportunity to control the image of the club you’d like to present. Rick conveniently whingeing about referees only when we lose is a terrible look, surely you’d agree?
Sorry, I was too pissed of about the game to watch the press conference. Did he respond to a question about the referee's decision or just bring it up as the primary reason for our loss?

It was a bad call and Annesley agreed afterwards. The coach is entitled to say a critical call in the game was a bad one, if it was a bad one. Both coaches would have.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Spot on V’Landys
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote: July 5, 2022, 4:06 pm Ricky Stuart savages referee standard in dramatic fallout to Raiders loss to Dragons

A fed-up Ricky Stuart has launched a scathing attack on the overall standard of NRL refereeing, declaring “the system is broken”.

“The system is broken,” Stuart said. “All the teams are fighting for survival. And here I have a referee that won’t blow his whistle on not one but two indiscretions in the one tackle. Right under the posts with the game on the line, and us fighting for semi-final survival.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... d72af62012

Peter Vlandys savages coaching standard in dramatic fallout to predictable Raiders loss to Dragons

A fed-up Peter Vlandys has launched a scathing attack on the overall standard of Raiders coaching, declaring “the system is broken”.

“The system is broken,” Vlandys said. “All the teams are fighting for survival. And here I have a coach that has no idea how to use his halves, carries a worthless player on the bench each week and has fewer set moves than most under Eights teams. He has about a dozen sets in the game right under the posts, and could come up with nothing better than 5 pointless hit ups and a kick dead on the last.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... d72af62012

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

😂😂
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ok, I just watched the press conference.

The conference opened up with a question about the referee's decision. The response from Stuart was along the obvious line of being disappointed and expecting a justification or apology from Annesley the next day (which is what happened). Whitehead was later asked about his decision and basically offered no comment.

The rest of the conference was spent talking about the team letting themselves down with their second half performance, and the disappointment of not being able to tie the game up when in field position to do so.

I have absolutely no idea what the rant was that some are referring to. I've obviously missed something here.

CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

@Seiffert82
The majority of people (including the majority of posters on this forum) only read the click bait headline and then run their own narrative (usually aimed at digging into the coach).
Stuart simply answered a question that everyone wanted an answer to. If Stuart doesn’t answer the question the next journo will repeat the question, the intention being to get a reaction from Stuart.
If Stuart doesn’t blow a fuse they’ll write an appropriate headline to sell newspapers.
If he doesn’t reply, supporters are let down in allowing the officials to continually screw us over.
I thought Stuart handled the matter well.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

CRaid wrote:@Seiffert82
The majority of people (including the majority of posters on this forum) only read the click bait headline and then run their own narrative (usually aimed at digging into the coach).
Stuart simply answered a question that everyone wanted an answer to. If Stuart doesn’t answer the question the next journo will repeat the question, the intention being to get a reaction from Stuart.
If Stuart doesn’t blow a fuse they’ll write an appropriate headline to sell newspapers.
If he doesn’t reply, supporters are let down in allowing the officials to continually screw us over.
Of course I can only speak for myself but it seems the overwhelming majority of posters here don't actually give a **** what he says after a match. Most are more interested in the apparent lack of answers on the field; the diabolical interchange use; lack of structure; lack of attack; pathetic gameplans or inability to get his team to play to his gameplan (either way it is his problem to fix). I could go on but then I'd just be repeating things I've said before.

He is goaded by the journalists because of his past behaviour, so that's on him too. Half the journos are actually his mates. They're asking him those questions to protect him from his own incompetence. Why aren't they asking him some real questions - you know - about the team's performance over the past couple of years?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Guys.

Just need some luck.

17 blokes hurtin in there.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

All good blokes.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Maybe we can luck our way to 10 premierships in a row.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: July 6, 2022, 2:53 pm
Of course I can only speak for myself but it seems the overwhelming majority of posters here don't actually give a **** what he says after a match. Most are more interested in the apparent lack of answers on the field; the diabolical interchange use; lack of structure; lack of attack; pathetic gameplans or inability to get his team to play to his gameplan (either way it is his problem to fix). I could go on but then I'd just be repeating things I've said before.

He is goaded by the journalists because of his past behaviour, so that's on him too. Half the journos are actually his mates. They're asking him those questions to protect him from his own incompetence. Why aren't they asking him some real questions - you know - about the team's performance over the past couple of years?
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

I couldn't give the slightest **** about what Stuart says in his press conferences if it were apparent he understood the issues himself and was capable of fixing them... which he clearly doesn't and he isn't.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I know a lot of people who follow the Raiders and i dont think any of them watch the pressers
I personally havent watched them in years. Stuart never says anything worth listening too, and i include the bitching in that
It's worthless
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:

I know a lot of people who follow the Raiders and i dont think any of them watch the pressers
I personally havent watched them in years. Stuart never says anything worth listening too, and i include the bitching in that
It's worthless
I occasionally tune in but as you say its really a waste of time if you're expecting some sort of insight to the team or the game of rugby league in general. I find Robinson is often as much of a sook but his pressers are actually interesting because he is clearly a student of the game (for want of a better expression) and his comments are very insightful. If you go purely by Ricky's pressers you would assume his coaching methods are only about ... effort .... grind ... putting in for ya mate ... turning up ... and that's about it. And these days that simply isn't enough.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

My thoughts exactly.

The criticism of Stuart regarding team selections, tactics and use of the bench etc is reasonable. All fans do that, especially when the team isn't performing. I just don't think it's reasonable to suggest he's just blaming refs or the bounce of the ball when it's pretty clear he knows the team isn't playing as well as it should.

The real question is whether he's far enough removed from particular players to change our fortunes.

IMO Stuart is really missing a gun player, like Hodgson was, to provide on-field leadership. Wighton is not that guy. Nobody in this team fits that bill. It's one of the biggest holes we have in this team and Stuart is struggling to navigate this team without someone like that on the park.

Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

They give a lot of **** because it’s talked about on here constantly. All the things you mention above won’t be discussed at a post match press conference, RS won’t bad mouth his players unless they have played an absolute shocker and the rest of it is clichés and trying to deflect poor results onto the officials. And that’s they same for every team in the comp.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I watch the press conferences, all of them during the week and post match, and pay attention to what's being said. They're important because if you read between the lines, you can see the messages that are being given to the players during the week (they generally are repeating them, consistently). The post match press conferences are important because they are often public messaging to the team or the NRL. Unfortunately, the coach doesn't regard them as a way of explaining what is going on to the fans. But if you pay close enough attention you can improve your understanding of what's going on.

On the refereeing blunder on Sunday, he was giving the NRL a message. What he said was absolutely correct and the NRL had to admit it the next day. Whether that's a good idea to say that publicly, I'm not sure. Particularly, as I think it best for team psychology to put aside anything outside the club's and team's control. A no excuses approach is best for the team. ("Unlucky" should never be an excuse). Best to have the media and fans point out the refereeing blunders.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

greeneyed wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:16 pm I watch the press conferences, all of them during the week and post match, and pay attention to what's being said. They're important because if you read between the lines, you can see the messages that are being given to the players during the week (they generally are repeating them, consistently). The post match press conferences are important because they are often public messaging to the team or the NRL. Unfortunately, the coach doesn't regard them as a way of explaining what is going on to the fans. But if you pay close enough attention you can improve your understanding of what's going on.

On the refereeing blunder on Sunday, he was giving the NRL a message. What he said was absolutely correct and the NRL had to admit it the next day. Whether that's a good idea to say that publicly, I'm not sure. Particularly, as I think it best for team psychology to put aside anything outside the club's and team's control. A no excuses approach is best for the team. ("Unlucky" should never be an excuse). Best to have the media and fans point out the refereeing blunders.
Ricky has described himself as a "player's coach". Would you agree that he uses press conferences to protect the players/team? Hence the comments about being unlucky, the ref, etc etc
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:43 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:16 pm I watch the press conferences, all of them during the week and post match, and pay attention to what's being said. They're important because if you read between the lines, you can see the messages that are being given to the players during the week (they generally are repeating them, consistently). The post match press conferences are important because they are often public messaging to the team or the NRL. Unfortunately, the coach doesn't regard them as a way of explaining what is going on to the fans. But if you pay close enough attention you can improve your understanding of what's going on.

Ricky has described himself as a "player's coach". Would you agree that he uses press conferences to protect the players/team? Hence the comments about being unlucky, the ref, etc etc
Yes, he often does. Other times not. On the issue of luck, I strongly suspect he genuinely believes that. I have written many times I don't think it is a good message to publicly give a team. On refereeing, he's often quite correct when he's been critical of errors. I don't really think that's to protect the players, more that it must be very difficult to not speak the truth, especially someone who is so intensely competitive, and emotional. But sometimes better not to speak the truth and not say anything. It just puts the referees and hierarchy further offside and doesn't help for the future. It is something that enters their subconscious (doesn't affect the conscious decisions).

It is still always worth listening to what is said and understanding/interpreting what is going on.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 6, 2022, 4:57 pm
My thoughts exactly.

The criticism of Stuart regarding team selections, tactics and use of the bench etc is reasonable. All fans do that, especially when the team isn't performing. I just don't think it's reasonable to suggest he's just blaming refs or the bounce of the ball when it's pretty clear he knows the team isn't playing as well as it should.

The real question is whether he's far enough removed from particular players to change our fortunes.

IMO Stuart is really missing a gun player, like Hodgson was, to provide on-field leadership. Wighton is not that guy. Nobody in this team fits that bill. It's one of the biggest holes we have in this team and Stuart is struggling to navigate this team without someone like that on the park.

Actually Joseph Tapine is the man, but we need a spine player of his quality to open the premiership window, I'd throw 1.2 million at Munster for each season he wants
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

There is about 10 clubs that will be willing to give him that money.
Why would he come here?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Because great players crave Rockys tutelage.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 6, 2022, 8:43 pm

Why would a coach publicly berate his side at a press conference???? Have a think about it champ. Do you really think he should saying that whiteheads past it and our attack sucks etc etc . I have no doubt what gets said in the press conference is miles different to the week level reviews.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Neeeegz wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 6, 2022, 4:57 pm
My thoughts exactly.

Actually Joseph Tapine is the man, but we need a spine player of his quality to open the premiership window, I'd throw 1.2 million at Munster for each season he wants
Tapine might well be the best option, but I have to say I've seen next to nothing of him off the field to suggest he's good with the media or any of the other official responsibilities that the captain might have.

He also only plays half a game.

It's not even close to a home run decision.

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:13 pm There is about 10 clubs that will be willing to give him that money.
Why would he come here?
Up it to 1.5 then, that's exactly the sort of player we need
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: July 7, 2022, 8:44 am
Botman wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:13 pm There is about 10 clubs that will be willing to give him that money.
Why would he come here?
And if 1.5m isnt enough?
Do we got to 1.7, 2m? where do we stop

And assuming we come up with the "it's too good to refuse" level of money required to get him, how do the Raiders build a team around Munster when we're committing that sort of salary cap allocation to a single player? what hope do we have to surround him with enough quality players to be successful?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hot tip guys: no matter what we pay someone like Munster he's not moving the needle for our club while ever we have such poor coaching structures. Sure, the cards might fall our way and we have brief periods of success like 2019 and to a lesser extent 2020, but without the correct systems in play we'll always revert to mediocrity no matter who the talent is on the park.

You just can't compete against the well coached and well drilled teams season in and season out while you're a poorly coached rabble with no direction on the park, no set plays or good attacking structures all coupled with hideous bench rotations and a lack of genuine accountability across the squad.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:19 am Hot tip guys: no matter what we pay someone like Munster he's not moving the needle for our club while ever we have such poor coaching structures. Sure, the cards might fall our way and we have brief periods of success like 2019 and to a lesser extent 2020, but without the correct systems in play we'll always revert to mediocrity no matter who the talent is on the park.

You just can't compete against the well coached and well drilled teams season in and season out while you're a poorly coached rabble with no direction on the park, no set plays or good attacking structures all coupled with hideous bench rotations and a lack of genuine accountability across the squad.
Correct - I’d throw in needing a good CEO as well.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:27 am
The Nickman wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:19 am Hot tip guys: no matter what we pay someone like Munster he's not moving the needle for our club while ever we have such poor coaching structures. Sure, the cards might fall our way and we have brief periods of success like 2019 and to a lesser extent 2020, but without the correct systems in play we'll always revert to mediocrity no matter who the talent is on the park.

Correct - I’d throw in needing a good CEO as well.
I disagree, I think Don is genuinely a good CEO with the exception of not being able to sack his mate. Everything else he does, I think he does well.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:16 am
Why would he come here?
And if 1.5m isnt enough?

And assuming we come up with the "it's too good to refuse" level of money required to get him, how do the Raiders build a team around Munster when we're committing that sort of salary cap allocation to a single player? what hope do we have to surround him with enough quality players to be successful?
We also need to factor in we're paying in the hood of $1.2 million to two players outside our best 17 next year. So we're already starting with a 12% tax on our salary cap - to then send $1.5mil to Munster you aren't left with much to build a squad.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on July 7, 2022, 10:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 7, 2022, 10:10 am
Botman wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:16 am
Why would he come here?
And if 1.5m isnt enough?

We also need to factor in we're paying in the hood of $1.2 million to two players outside our best 17 next year. So we're already starting with a 12% tax on our salary cap - to then send $1.5mil to Munster you aren't left with much to build a squad.
Because of the players we'd have to release/let walk in order to sign minimum wage guys to even afford it, would probably mean Munster's best weapons would be Whitehead and Croker! :lol:
1.5m to deal with that might not even get us a coffee meeting.