20%

Total votes: 10

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: 2022 Rd 16 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

yurithe1 wrote: July 4, 2022, 3:43 pm
Crusader wrote: July 4, 2022, 7:47 am Josh McCrone tries harder then Jamal Fogerty
McCrone and Sammy played with their hearts on their sleeves. You could never fault their commitment. Occasionally they'd surprise you with a creative play or by taking on the line and scoring.

Fogarty doesn't seem likely to tick any of those boxes. Tradesman-like player who shifts the ball around and will run (sideways or backwards) to pick up a runner. Usually for minimal effect. Three try assists and one offload out of five appearances. Five forced drop outs.

Frawley has only one forced drop out, but he did score that cracker of a try. So, he at least asks questions of the defence.

Schneider has scored a try and can kick goals. Three try assists and two line-break assists. Two forced dropouts, although he doesn't have a huge boot, but that supposedly is what Wighton provides.

As an aside, how ironic that we're used to Wighton kicking it on the full once a game, but he failed to do so with a penalty kick for touch. D'oh!
He does nothing for his outside men does he? Even if he does shovel it on very occasionally he hasn't planted any doubt in the defensive line.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

I'm a glass half full type of guy. I'm thankful to the ref that he didn't put us in the position of losing to a 12-man team in golden point.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: July 4, 2022, 2:55 pm So, so far, we know that one of Edrick Lee's five tries was not a try. Incorrect over-rule on an on field no try call, from the bunker.
Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with the bunker, how does this even happen?

They're not meant to overrule the on-field ref unless it's black and white, yet the bunker consistently overrules when it could go either way. It stuffs the whole system.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:I'm a glass half full type of guy. I'm thankful to the ref that he didn't put us in the position of losing to a 12-man team in golden point.
Fair comment!

Also a very salient point about the fact the Dragons should have been a man down in extra time.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 4, 2022, 4:22 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote:I'm a glass half full type of guy. I'm thankful to the ref that he didn't put us in the position of losing to a 12-man team in golden point.
Fair comment!

Also a very salient point about the fact the Dragons should have been a man down in extra time.

Annesley basically admitted Hunt should have been binned.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Hazza wrote: July 4, 2022, 2:29 pm If Jack Wighton isn't the most overrated player in the game I'm not sure who he. He's at least top 3 surely. I'm absolutely sick of him. Would be nice for a former Dally M medalist and CC winner to win us a game for once. I can't think of 1 game where he's stood up under pressure and won a game for us. Yet continually walks in to rep teams. I'm glad NSW didn't pick him. **** him. And Fogarty is aaaaabsolute ****. Though I already knew that before we signed him. Anyone that was happy with that signing doesn't watch much Rugby League.
I agree.

Jack played terribly and didn't deserve to be picked for Origin. I counted three bonehead errors from him.
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Popped in here to see if there may be a touch of support for the players (futile attempt I know).
We obviously should have controlled the game better and I’m disappointed that CHN was not picked as I think he would have made a huge difference today.
However, some of the absolute crap I’ve read makes me believe many have absolute delight in seeing the club go under. And I’m sure they do. Comments from what seem to be regulars here testify to that.
Three absolute farcical decisions by the officials makes me believe there was far more behind their thinking from kick-off.
There is NO excuse for those decisions in professional sport N.O.N.E. and N.O.N.E.
Yet some on here are happy they were given against us, making sure we couldn’t get the points.
I’ve heard this place is not a great place to be, I now understand why.
If you don’t like or want to support the CLUB, if you’re not happy with admin, coach or player can I suggest you don’t dance on their grave. Go sulk elsewhere, maybe support a more successful team. Do yourself and other supporters a favour.
And don’t give me the crap that you want the club to be better. The only thing that will satisfy you is the team winning week and finishing in the GF.
Last edited by CRaid on July 4, 2022, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 4, 2022, 4:22 pm
Fair comment!

Annesley basically admitted Hunt should have been binned.
Yep, seen a few of those go against us the past few seasons.

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

CRaid wrote:Popped in here to see if there may be a touch of support for the players (futile attempt I know).
We obviously should have controlled the game better and I’m disappointed that CHN was not picked as I think he would have made a huge difference today.
However, some of the absolute crap I’ve read makes me believe many have absolute delight in seeing the club go under. And I’m sure they do. Comments from what seem to be regulars here testify to that.
Three absolute farcical decisions by the officials makes me believe there was far more behind their thinking from kick-off.
There is NO excuse for those decisions in professional sport N.O.N.E. and N.O.N.E.
Yet some on here are happy they were given against us, making sure we couldn’t get the points.
If you don’t like or want to support the CLUB, if you’re not happy with admin, coach or player can I suggest you don’t dance on their grave. Go sulk elsewhere, maybe support a more successful team. Do yourself and other supporters a favour.
And don’t give me the crap that you want the club to be better. The only thing that will satisfy you is the team winning week and finishing in the GF.
Part of the problem.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
CRaid
Gary Coyne

Post by CRaid »

Watch the rule change from next week. Seems every time this sort of thing happens the NRL react, even if just for a few weeks.
Stuart had every right to blow up. He kept it cool. If this was happening to the Storm or Penrith every week they’d be an almighty reaction from their coach.
We are easy targets for the officials and the NRL. It’s not a level playing field so how do you so called supporters deal with that. Criticise the club that’s how, rather than recognise the difficulty a regional club like Canberra has.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

CRaid wrote: July 4, 2022, 5:23 pm Popped in here to see if there may be a touch of support for the players (futile attempt I know).
Cheers for your input, Rocky.
CRaid
Gary Coyne

Post by CRaid »

Re Question
I don’t like to point the finger however if you’re going to quote my post I’d say you’d be the worst offender of what I’m referring to.
Reviewing some of your posts you never seem to have anything positive to say about the club. Swear you must have a dart board with various members of the organisation pinned on it.
For freaking sake mate, give it a break.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha Stick sure has your number there, Q!
CRaid
Gary Coyne

Post by CRaid »

Re Nickman .. originality is not your speciality I see.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Excuse me, I support change.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

CRaid wrote: July 4, 2022, 5:37 pm Re Nickman .. originality is not your speciality I see.
Agreed, I'm as tired and predictable as our supercoach's coaching methods.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 4, 2022, 11:00 am Oh and Savage's ball security was noticeably better. He definitely played to the conditions.

He did very well. Promising signs. Especially since the young Dragons FB dropped 3 or 4 balls. It was not easy in that wind.
Yep, we didn't test them enough under the high ball. Fogarty's kick over the dead ball line was just as infuriating as Wighton's failed kick for touch. Fogarty should have gone high.

We didn't even go close to fielding a kick on the full in the first half, except for the spill from Cotric. It was a complete lottery.

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

CRaid wrote: July 4, 2022, 5:23 pm Popped in here to see if there may be a touch of support for the players (futile attempt I know).
Lol. Anyone with that motivation would have dropped the Raiders many moons ago.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

CRaid wrote: July 4, 2022, 5:30 pm Watch the rule change from next week. Seems every time this sort of thing happens the NRL react, even if just for a few weeks.
Stuart had every right to blow up. He kept it cool. If this was happening to the Storm or Penrith every week they’d be an almighty reaction from their coach.
We are easy targets for the officials and the NRL. It’s not a level playing field so how do you so called supporters deal with that. Criticise the club that’s how, rather than recognise the difficulty a regional club like Canberra has.
The big teams get bad calls every week as well. Maybe not as many, but they do. The biggest difference is week in, week out, good teams put themselves in the position where a bad call isn’t the difference between a win and a loss. Especially against absolute rabbles like the warriors and the dragons.

We have spent so long perpetuating the myth that ‘there are no easy games in the nrl’ and every game is an arm wrestle that we have fulfilled our own prophesy. We make every game we play a tight one, and continually put ourselves in a position to blame 1 ref call. There were over 800 tackles/rucks in that game. With 800 opportunities for a ref to make a decision. The fact we CONTINUALLY blame one decision one the outcome of a match is a blight on this club, our fan base and our leadership.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@CRaid… I can understand your view regarding the comments of some posters since the end of the game last night. Some completely over the top. I explained my views on the game here: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p1876522

The Raiders put themselves in the position of being vulnerable to an incorrect refereeing decision or three in the final minute, because they performed so poorly during the game. That is reasonable criticism in my view. The team has to be accountable for their own performance.

The other thing… aren’t the win rate, Grand Final appearances and premierships the three most important KPIs for any football club? Isn’t it reasonable for the supporters to want, expect, success on the field? If clubs have disadvantages, it’s up to them to overcome them. It’s up to the NRL to ensure a level playing field… and their policies don’t. They should be corrected. But it’s no excuse to say, we’re a regional club. The Raiders need to put the structures in place to be successful on the field regardless.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Here’s a tale of 2 teams…cowboys and raiders.

In 2021, neither team made the finals. In fact, many picked the cowboys as spoon contenders in 2022.

In the off-season, the cowboys devised a modern game plan based around youthful speed and dynamism. They realised they needed a general to guide them around the field, so went to market for a half, and purchased chad Townsend. Cowboys are currently 3rd.

The raiders devised a game plan based on 2019 ‘effort’ plays, without any discernible structure, and based early ball playing around an ageing backrower who can’t play minutes, because he’s a good bloke. We also needed a general, but went the budget option with Fogarty due to overinflated contracts with ageing players, and then spent the off-season getting him to focus on his running game. Raiders will not make the finals in 2022.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I don’t like your story. Can I have a different one please?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Coastalraider wrote:Here’s a tale of 2 teams…cowboys and raiders.

In 2021, neither team made the finals. In fact, many picked the cowboys as spoon contenders in 2022.

In the off-season, the cowboys devised a modern game plan based around youthful speed and dynamism. They realised they needed a general to guide them around the field, so went to market for a half, and purchased chad Townsend. Cowboys are currently 3rd.

The raiders devised a game plan based on 2019 ‘effort’ plays, without any discernible structure, and based early ball playing around an ageing backrower who can’t play minutes, because he’s a good bloke. We also needed a general, but went the budget option with Fogarty due to overinflated contracts with ageing players, and then spent the off-season getting him to focus on his running game. Raiders will not make the finals in 2022.
The Cowboys are on another level just purely on fitness levels. Ricky is baffled by our fade outs. It starts and ends with us looking like the most unfit team in the competition. We are consistently failing in this area.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: July 4, 2022, 7:47 pm

The Cowboys are on another level just purely on fitness levels. Ricky is baffled by our fade outs. It starts and ends with us looking like the most unfit team in the competition. We are consistently failing in this area.
Can’t blame the coach for that mate…
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Coastalraider wrote:

Seems he's not actually responsible for anything?

Things that suck:
1. Fitness
2. Gameplan
3. Selections
4. Bench use
5. Football IQ
6. Discipline
7. Structure
8. Attitude
9. Recruitment/retention
10. Half time speeches

Have I missed anything that the coach isn't responsible for?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Azza wrote:Who cares. The NRL is a farce and so are we.
Sums it up as perfectly as possible.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

CRaid wrote:Re Question
I don’t like to point the finger however if you’re going to quote my post I’d say you’d be the worst offender of what I’m referring to.
Reviewing some of your posts you never seem to have anything positive to say about the club. Swear you must have a dart board with various members of the organisation pinned on it.
CRaid, i recommend you use the block button. You'll soon learn that some of these guys just don't quit, they live and die by their hatred of the club. Critisim is fine and healthy, but some of the posts go much further than that. Your forum experience will be much better when you learn to ignore them.

Last edited by Raider Azz on July 4, 2022, 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

While blind support is an option..
Hazza wrote: July 4, 2022, 2:29 pm If Jack Wighton isn't the most overrated player in the game I'm not sure who he. He's at least top 3 surely. I'm absolutely sick of him. Would be nice for a former Dally M medalist and CC winner to win us a game for once. I can't think of 1 game where he's stood up under pressure and won a game for us. Yet continually walks in to rep teams. I'm glad NSW didn't pick him. **** him. And Fogarty is aaaaabsolute ****. Though I already knew that before we signed him. Anyone that was happy with that signing doesn't watch much Rugby League.
Prefer to bump the truth.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: July 4, 2022, 7:01 pm
CRaid wrote: July 4, 2022, 5:30 pm Watch the rule change from next week. Seems every time this sort of thing happens the NRL react, even if just for a few weeks.
The big teams get bad calls every week as well. Maybe not as many, but they do. The biggest difference is week in, week out, good teams put themselves in the position where a bad call isn’t the difference between a win and a loss. Especially against absolute rabbles like the warriors and the dragons.

We have spent so long perpetuating the myth that ‘there are no easy games in the nrl’ and every game is an arm wrestle that we have fulfilled our own prophesy. We make every game we play a tight one, and continually put ourselves in a position to blame 1 ref call. There were over 800 tackles/rucks in that game. With 800 opportunities for a ref to make a decision. The fact we CONTINUALLY blame one decision one the outcome of a match is a blight on this club, our fan base and our leadership.
I might be misunderstanding, but… Why does it matter what the fans say? The fans see an injustice and they’re entitled to be concerned about it and to press the NRL to be better. The NRL admitted today that three infringements in the space of about 10-15 seconds that should have been penalised and their team was denied a shot at forcing a game to golden point. I’d even go so far as to say that’s what fans should be doing.

The team, coach and club are an entirely different matter. Their focus should only be on things in their control. To be better than anything outside their control which goes against them. Accountability for their own performance. No excuses. No complaining about a lack of luck. That’s basic sports psych.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

gergreg wrote: July 4, 2022, 8:38 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

Things that suck:
1. Fitness
2. Gameplan
3. Selections
4. Bench use
5. Football IQ
6. Discipline
7. Structure
8. Attitude
9. Recruitment/retention
10. Half time speeches

Refereeing

Bounce of the ball

Luck
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Raider Azz wrote: July 4, 2022, 9:20 pm
CRaid wrote:Re Question
CRaid, i recommend you use the block button. You'll soon learn that some of these guys just don't quit, they live and die by their hatred of the club. Your forum experience will be much better when you learn to ignore them.

I actually thought/think that poster is just a troll account or something, bordering on parody levels of negativity . Exactly what the ignore button is for.
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

BadnMean wrote: July 4, 2022, 9:39 pm
gergreg wrote: July 4, 2022, 8:38 pm
Coastalraider wrote:

Things that suck:
1. Fitness
2. Gameplan
3. Selections
4. Bench use
5. Football IQ
6. Discipline
7. Structure
8. Attitude
9. Recruitment/retention
10. Half time speeches

Refereeing

Bounce of the ball

Luck
Jesus christ, I’m beyond sick of hearing people say lacking match fitness is the players fault and not a coaching flaw!

You have months to build your fitness up in the pre season, the coach lays out what we need to do, and then our boys do it, they are all professional’s and if you have ever played footy you would know that when you train if your given a task by the coach, you do it.

The lack of fitness falls ENTIRELY on our coach and coaching staff and saying it’s the players fault is just completely ridiculous
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Also we all knew it was a penalty from Hunt, the Ref knew it, it was blatantly obvious, he doesn’t call it because he is spineless, then we get old mate Graham telling us how wrong they got it.. Surely other people see something wrong with this? Paul Kent on 360 was bang on, we have now lost 4 points due to terrible and straight up wrong ref calls (including warriors with lodge dive), now we will miss the 8 and it goes down as another unsuccessful season (not that I think we could do much if we made finals anyway)
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Greenev wrote: July 4, 2022, 10:19 pm Also we all knew it was a penalty from Hunt, the Ref knew it, it was blatantly obvious, he doesn’t call it because he is spineless, then we get old mate Graham telling us how wrong they got it.. Surely other people see something wrong with this? Paul Kent on 360 was bang on, we have now lost 4 points due to terrible and straight up wrong ref calls (including warriors with lodge dive), now we will miss the 8 and it goes down as another unsuccessful season (not that I think we could do much if we made finals anyway)
I've stopped watching NRL360 which is propaganda. Ricky is worshipped there and Paul Crawley claims "Ricky is the Raiders." Kent is Ricky's best mates. We led 20-12 v Warriors, still couldn't score after HT and Rapana's stupid pass dropped by Cotric got them into the game in the 1st half. Shouldn't have put ourselves in that position. Even in Golden point, stupid forward pass by Starling to Horse. So for me even if the ref stuffed up we had our chances.

As for yesterday, we gifted them 8 points, maybe even 12 if you include the Cotric drop before HT. And Jack had multiple chances to win it but stuffed up.
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: July 4, 2022, 10:32 pm
Greenev wrote: July 4, 2022, 10:19 pm Also we all knew it was a penalty from Hunt, the Ref knew it, it was blatantly obvious, he doesn’t call it because he is spineless, then we get old mate Graham telling us how wrong they got it.. Surely other people see something wrong with this? Paul Kent on 360 was bang on, we have now lost 4 points due to terrible and straight up wrong ref calls (including warriors with lodge dive), now we will miss the 8 and it goes down as another unsuccessful season (not that I think we could do much if we made finals anyway)
I've stopped watching NRL360 which is propaganda. Ricky is worshipped there and Paul Crawley claims "Ricky is the Raiders." Kent is Ricky's best mates. We led 20-12 v Warriors, still couldn't score after HT and Rapana's stupid pass dropped by Cotric got them into the game in the 1st half. Shouldn't have put ourselves in that position. Even in Golden point, stupid forward pass by Starling to Horse. So for me even if the ref stuffed up we had our chances.

As for yesterday, we gifted them 8 points, maybe even 12 if you include the Cotric drop before HT. And Jack had multiple chances to win it but stuffed up.
Agree with most of what you said, but even though we should have won both of those games, we weren’t given an extra chance to because of horrendous ref decisions.

Fogarty would of missed the kick anyway - the bloke is that hopeless