Total votes: 10

Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2022 Rd 16 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by Pete Cash »

Botman wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:37 pm Credit to user Frailty
https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/thre ... t-15284630

I think he's square enough that it's reasonable he's not penalised.
Again, the issue is the decision to award us 6 again on a deliberate penalty, rather than a full penalty and a sin bin
So it's on starling for clearing the ball badly.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

So who did supercoach blame in the presser this week. Did he talk about how it's his master plan for young Xavier to pull him when we are chasing points with 5 to go and he's the only back actually doing anything.
Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Again, the issue is the decision to award us 6 again on a deliberate penalty, rather than a full penalty and a sin bin
Hey Botman,you need to worry about Newcastle United now :roflmao
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Pete Cash wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:46 pm

So it's on starling for clearing the ball badly.
Yep, his service out of hooker strikes again
But again, when the dragons are deliberately holding down to concede 6 agains, that's a penalty, not a 6 again, and it's a sin bin
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Starling always takes two steps put of hooker automatically - even if passing. Sometimes just pass straight from dummy, other teams have picked up on it and rush him no matter what thus putting him under pressure. Needs to mix it up a bit to put opposition in two minds.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Finchy wrote: July 3, 2022, 1:44 pm
Ilanraiders wrote: July 3, 2022, 1:21 pm What sort of press conference are we expecting from the coach if the game does go ahead?
I have 17 boys in there who are…..
Suffering from shrinkage
Shrinkage to the brain!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

short press conference, nothing of value. No bounce of the ball or luck crap. Seems upset about the last tackle. Whitehead said we are a better team than that (I would argue we are not, given well, how we played, and the fact we lost)

oops forgot to add

Foggarty was trash. (from Shiv, sadly not from Ricky)
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

radicalraider wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:42 pm Any mother **** that still thinks wighton is a half...
Yeah he’s a half.. half a brain

Fogarty is much worse though
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Rapana was interviewed on abc radio and used the word “unlucky”.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

Shiv wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:54 pm short press conference, nothing of value. No bounce of the ball or luck crap. Seems upset about the last tackle. Whitehead said we are a better team than that (I would argue we are not, given well, how we played, and the fact we lost)

oops forgot to add

Foggarty was trash. (from Shiv, sadly not from Ricky)
Sick of seeing whitehead comment on our team when he is the biggest passenger of them all.

And yes Fogarty was and is, and always will be trash. Schneider/frawley in for the rest of the year

And I was getting **** on this forum when I was saying how trash Fogarty is after our first game, glad everyone sees it now atleast
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Billy Walker wrote: July 3, 2022, 5:57 pm Things will get better. Not before we retire Croker and Whitehead but after that things will get better.
With the same coach you have to be joking! He is a hopeless coach. Hooking Savage and bringing CNK on with 6 mins to go was insane! Wighton should have been hooked at HT and to save face, blame it on Covid.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Not sure why anyone thought our attack would look good in those conditions. Nobody's would.

In saying that, Wighton had some absolute clanging errors in that game. Terrible performance from him

Rapana is all effort, but he runs the ball way too often out of DH. His short drop outs are atrocious too.

Same old, same old. We were well and truly better in general play, but our basic errors and decisions on the last are bottom 4 stuff.

Credit to Savage, he was obviously told to secure the ball in terrible conditions and he did a good job of it.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Over to you Mr Annesley.
lightning
Sam Backo

Post by lightning »

Greenev wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:24 pm Just quickly on Fogarty, does anyone here think this is the guy to lead us forward?

We signed him on the pure basis we needed someone to organise our attack and send our troops in the right direction, all this chat about how good he is at talking on the field? We still look like a bunch of headless chooks.

Notice how every other team in the NRL has men moving into space and holes, certain structures and plays.

We just shift the ball from side to side and hope for gaps to appear.. We have the worst structure by miles in the whole competition

Fogarty and whitehead are the obvious two passengers that need to go, charnze can take an early flight back to NZ to spend time with his kids CHN can take his spot.

Notice how whitehead got changed to the other side of the field to defend in the second half so he wasn’t next to Fogarty?

Oh and again Fogarty is trash.
Watching the panthers the other night this was obvious. Every turnover they are straight into shape and running off each other hips. They are almost in a different comp to us the pace and level they play
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I felt for the young Raiders centers knocking the ball on from the first tackle off the scrum. The pass to Kris, on the blind side, I thought he had it, but it was not to be. Timoko was just the collision in the tackle. But the penalty which Jack failed to find touch was the heartbreaker for me. Hard to focus on a ref on the last play of the game when we shot ourselves in the foot with so many poor plays earlier in the game.

I hope the focus is on bringing the young forwards into FG as soon as possible now. Rushton and Mooney are the future so we need to get them some FG time before season 2023.

I thought when we were struggling to get beyond our 20 meter line it was the perfect time to attempt a 20/40. With a 50km/hour wind behind the kicker why not have a go on the third or fourth tackle while the wingers are still up. We just didn't have anyone willing to have a crack at that type of play or perhaps even to think about that type of play.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

The Nickman wrote:Image
Yeah, except he didn't. Try to keep up nickman

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Raider Azz wrote:
The Nickman wrote:Image
Yeah, except he didn't. Try to keep up nickman

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
He never sat in a nuclear plant either, try and understand memes, old friend
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

100% should have been a penalty on the last play but I'm not going to make a fuss about it because we were trash for most of that game anyway.

A few players need to spend time in reserve grade - Whitehead, Starling and Fogarty. Whitehead and Starling in particular have been poor week in, week out. Those two have had more than enough time in first grade to find some form and they haven't.

Considering what Fogarty has provided us so far, it's hard to argue that he's a better option than a guy like Frawley or even Sam Williams. I'd be giving Trevilyan the 14 and getting Schneider back into the 7 jersey. With Wighton at 6, we need a half that can take on the majority of the kicking responsibilities and Fogarty just hasn't put his hand up in that regard. He's got major deficiencies in the other parts of his game as a halfback so I just don't see the benefit in persisting here. You could also argue that Wighton shouldn't be playing at 6 (and he was quite poor today) but unfortunately, that's the way we've built this team.
Greenev
Ken Nagas

Post by Greenev »

lightning wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:10 pm
Greenev wrote: July 3, 2022, 6:24 pm Just quickly on Fogarty, does anyone here think this is the guy to lead us forward?

We signed him on the pure basis we needed someone to organise our attack and send our troops in the right direction, all this chat about how good he is at talking on the field? We still look like a bunch of headless chooks.

Notice how every other team in the NRL has men moving into space and holes, certain structures and plays.

We just shift the ball from side to side and hope for gaps to appear.. We have the worst structure by miles in the whole competition

Fogarty and whitehead are the obvious two passengers that need to go, charnze can take an early flight back to NZ to spend time with his kids CHN can take his spot.

Notice how whitehead got changed to the other side of the field to defend in the second half so he wasn’t next to Fogarty?

Oh and again Fogarty is trash.
Watching the panthers the other night this was obvious. Every turnover they are straight into shape and running off each other hips. They are almost in a different comp to us the pace and level they play
I’ve seen 1st grade Canberra comp teams play with more structure than we do - and that is not a joke

This falls on the coach, our halves and our attacking coaches.

Again Fogarty is trash, I’ll say it to the day I die, and then imprint it on my tombstone, Fogarty is trash
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

RedRaider wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:10 pm I felt for the young Raiders centers knocking the ball on from the first tackle off the scrum. The pass to Kris, on the blind side, I thought he had it, but it was not to be. Timoko was just the collision in the tackle. But the penalty which Jack failed to find touch was the heartbreaker for me. Hard to focus on a ref on the last play of the game when we shot ourselves in the foot with so many poor plays earlier in the game.

I hope the focus is on bringing the young forwards into FG as soon as possible now. Rushton and Mooney are the future so we need to get them some FG time before season 2023.

I thought when we were struggling to get beyond our 20 meter line it was the perfect time to attempt a 20/40. With a 50km/hour wind behind the kicker why not have a go on the third or fourth tackle while the wingers are still up. We just didn't have anyone willing to have a crack at that type of play or perhaps even to think about that type of play.
Watching us refuse to use the wind to our advantage in the second half was probably the most frustrating aspect of a footy game I've had to endure this season. Our kicking really let us down today.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2022 Rd 16 V Dragons: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Seiffert82 wrote: Rapana is all effort, but he runs the ball way too often out of DH. His short drop outs are atrocious too.
How so? The first one was perfection if Wighton just catches the damn thing instead of adding to his try assist tally. Be keen to see a replay of the second one.
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

How about the two straight forward off side calls the officials ignored before the mess at the end occurred. Once in our own 10 which would have allowed us to kick for touch (and hopefully make it this time…..). Then Ramsey drops it, Ravalawa picks it up in front of him. Should have had an easy 2 which tied the game up.

It’s tiring hearing everyone claim that we didn’t deserve to win anyway. Who cares? There isn’t a rule that says you have to play well to win…otherwise the dragons wouldn’t have won either.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Just bad luck here.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Dr Greenthumb wrote:How about the two straight forward off side calls the officials ignored before the mess at the end occurred. Once in our own 10 which would have allowed us to kick for touch (and hopefully make it this time…..). Then Ramsey drops it, Ravalawa picks it up in front of him. Should have had an easy 2 which tied the game up.

It’s tiring hearing everyone claim that we didn’t deserve to win anyway. Who cares? There isn’t a rule that says you have to play well to win…otherwise the dragons wouldn’t have won either.
The first one I think is fair enough. Believe they ruled double knock on because it was knocked on to Young.

The second one was diabolical.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It's the Ref's!!!

This place is woke.
Tjubs
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Tjubs »

Dr Greenthumb wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:35 pm How about the two straight forward off side calls the officials ignored before the mess at the end occurred. Once in our own 10 which would have allowed us to kick for touch (and hopefully make it this time…..). Then Ramsey drops it, Ravalawa picks it up in front of him. Should have had an easy 2 which tied the game up.
Well, yes, but anybody who heard Brandon Smiths comments in the footy show would know that some sides are coached to ensure they force the refs hand on certain plays. It’s smart and we should be doing the same thing.
Dr Greenthumb
David Grant
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Dr Greenthumb »

gangrenous wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:48 pm
Dr Greenthumb wrote:How about the two straight forward off side calls the officials ignored before the mess at the end occurred. Once in our own 10 which would have allowed us to kick for touch (and hopefully make it this time…..). Then Ramsey drops it, Ravalawa picks it up in front of him. Should have had an easy 2 which tied the game up.

The first one I think is fair enough. Believe they ruled double knock on because it was knocked on to Young.

The second one was diabolical.
Ah fair enough.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

For anyone wanting to work themselves up into some anger
A couple of very similar incidents this year to the Hunt deliberate penalty that resulted in a sin bin and penalty.

Round 11
Sharks v Titans
Nicho Hynes sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time

Round 15
Cowboys v Manly
Cohen Hess sin binned 79:58 for deliberately holding down to waste time
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

I just don't know what to say anymore. It was so frustrating to watch and I just knew we were going to lose in a close one.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

The Nickman wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:11 pm Image
:roflmao
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

We’ll win next week.

And no drunken ref can take it from us.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

#Thebadluckz.

This place is woke.
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

Tough ending, clearly a ref blunder.

The 6 again rule has caused far too many adjudicating issues for NRL matches since its introduction. Yes, todays scenario won't occur in every NRL game, but it did show that the rule has many flaws and exploits. Somehow, the non-offending team needs to be able to accept or deny the 6 again. How that is achievable in the flow of a match is not an easy answer.
RackyRaces
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Meninga

Post by RackyRaces »

-PJ- wrote: July 3, 2022, 7:59 pm We’ll win next week.

And no ref can take it from us.
No we won't
Anyone but Panferz