Your predicted finish for the Canberra Raiders in 2022

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Your predicted finish for the Canberra Raiders in 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Fox Sports Lab predicted finish for every NRL club in 2022

Kevin Walters’ complete turnaround has the Broncos set to break their finals drought, while the Warriors will pick up the NRL’s most unwanted award. The Roosters are set to shockingly miss the top eight after starting the season as premiership favourites, according to the Fox Sports Lab.

11. Canberra Raiders

Ricky Stuart’s cards were marked the moment his prized recruit and halfback Jamal Fogarty went down with a serious knee injury on the eve of the season.

That and their knack of losing games they should win. Since entering the competition no team has bombed more double figure leads than Canberra, with 62 in total from their 1007 games.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ee0512ce97

Views?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Your predicted finish for the Canberra Raiders in 2022

Post by zim »

It's a rather shallow analysis but we can beat everyone on that run home except the Storm and Panthers. 3 games against direct competitors for those final spots means a big turn around with a win. Souths have a tough draw. I think we'll make the 8.
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

I think 5-4 is a conservative expectation considering the draw unless they drop their bundle again (which is very possible). That would grab 8th I think. The two Dragons games loom as the key ones.

I don't see Manly picking up that many more wins and Souths will drop out, they wont be winning more than 3 or 4 games given their draw.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

A cursory glance at the Broncos draw and who they have beaten tells me that they are horrendously overrated. They have not performed well against quality opposition.

That was definitely a game we screwed ourselves, as well as the capitulation against the Warriors.

Anyway, we'll probably end up around 11th, which is a terrible underperformance given the talent we have.

What a waste of a season.

Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Next week is a massive round.

Manly (Melbourne), Roosters (Penrith) and Souths (Parra) probably all go into the round as underdogs. Obviously if we beat Dragons they will lose too, so it is possible that we could be the only team of the five seemingly competing for the last two spots, that wins next week. With another two points for a bye to come, a win next week would really set us up for the run home.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

It's an.absolutely fair assessment. They fell across the line at home against one of the worst sides in the competition.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We've got a nice run home, we should win a lot of games from here on in. But our style is going to leave us extremely vunerable to losing any football game against anyone, and we'll undoubtably drop a few to teams we should beat.

9-11th sounds about right. Being honest, I dont think we've got a top 8 finish in us.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We don't deserve to be in the finals. Unfortunately, something I've felt all too often in the last 20 odd years of supporting this mob.

That said, the quality of the competition bar the top 2 or 3 is bloody average, so we are still a decent chance. God, we win even 2 of the games we completely crapped the bed in earlier this year (Warriors, Cowboys, etc etc.) and we are in it right up to our earballs.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I did the ladder predictor last week and had us 9th, from memory only missing the 8 of for and against.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: June 23, 2022, 8:38 pm We've got a nice run home, we should win a lot of games from here on in. But our style is going to leave us extremely vunerable to losing any football game against anyone, and we'll undoubtably drop a few to teams we should beat.

9-11th sounds about right. Being honest, I dont think we've got a top 8 finish in us.
Third easiest draw from here according to The Daily Telegraph.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Based on decades of history. If the Daily Telegraph picks us to definitely miss the finals then lock us in for 8th, if they say we’ll definitely make the finals, lock us in for 10th.

In addition, if they say we’ll beat the Dragons and the Bulldogs, then lock us in for humiliating losses in those two games and then bet your house on us in un-winnable games against Penrith and Storm.

We’re the Hyde and Jeckyl team.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

We make the 8, score an upset week 1 of finals but bomb out week 2. We call that a success hold high hopes for 2023, rinse and repeat.
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

Souths will miss the 8

We will go on a bit of a streak and make 7th (roosters 8th), first week of finals either against Parra or Brisbane. I actually like our chances against both.
We will get smashed week 2 of the finals.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Making up the numbers as usual. 10th

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

The way they carried on after they fell over the line against Newcastle, the sheer jubilation and scenes of euphoria make that 12th.

Last edited by Off on June 24, 2022, 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We will finished 8th.

We will win 4 games to be crowned premiers.

Ride it.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Righto peej, don't get your ambitions mixed up with your abilities mate.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I'd say a lot of the happy clappers have us swooping into a GF from here, I remember when I was 8 fairies, Santa clause and cute little bunnies adorned my dreams .

This place is woke.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That loss to the Broncos was almost as bad for the fact that is nearly guarantees them a top 8 finish.

I think the Broncs only need 3 more wins from their last 10 games to qualify...and they play the Tigers, Knights and Titans in that run. Their other 7 games are against top 8 teams and the Roosters.

They are a seriously ordinary team.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Question wrote: June 24, 2022, 11:04 am I'd say a lot of the happy clappers have us swooping into a GF from here, I remember when I was 8 fairies, Santa clause and cute little bunnies adorned my dreams .

Now it’s just cute little bunnies right shagger!
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I'll continue to fence sit...
I said 6-12 to start the yr, and that's still looking right.
With our remaining draw I'd like to think we sneak into the 8 though.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Billy Walker wrote:
Question wrote: June 24, 2022, 11:04 am I'd say a lot of the happy clappers have us swooping into a GF from here, I remember when I was 8 fairies, Santa clause and cute little bunnies adorned my dreams .

Now it’s just cute little bunnies right shagger!
In fishnets.

This place is woke.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

We are gonna come 9th and blow up about the NZ warriors loss ( Matt lodge flop )

But in reality it’s a blessing in disguise cos changes will be made….. wait who am I kidding. There’s no changes.

Just blowing up about the NZ game
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I've done the ladder predictor and have us coming in 6th

I have also been averaging 3 correct each week in my tips so I might have a few games wrong
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

cat wrote: June 25, 2022, 1:58 pm I've done the ladder predictor and have us coming in 6th

I have also been averaging 3 correct each week in my tips so I might have a few games wrong
So are you telling me to mortgage the house on the raiders finishing 6th or not? :lol:
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Would like to see us win 8 or 9 out of 10. We are capable of it. Think 2016.
But given we only just beat Newcastle by 2 and nearly threw away a good lead, 5 or 6 out of 10 is more realistic.
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

28 is usually the cut off, but based on who has the better f/a with others on the same points. 30 is a guarantee.

So if we go 6-3, and improve our f/a, we’re a shot. We go 7-2, we’re in. Based on our draw, we should get 6 (if not 7) wins. But with this team, who the hell knows, we very well could go 4-5 and be bottom 4.

Dragons
Storm*
Warriors
Titans
Panthers*
Dragons
Knights
Manly
Tigers

Strike out storm and panthers, that gives us one loss only up our sleeve. Manly (even with turbo) are the most likely, but knowing us, it’ll be tigers in round 26. All the games ARE winnable though.

The warriors game (and the broncs, to a lesser extent) really stuffed us. Win those and we’re almost shoe ins, despite having half our starting spine out for half the season.

So 7-11th
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

cat wrote: June 25, 2022, 1:58 pm I've done the ladder predictor and have us coming in 6th

I like the transparency. I think every poster should have to fess up to their tipping ratio when they make predictions :roflmao
No one would ever listen to me again!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Manly always give us trouble. That might come down as a real key game. DCE generally shows his quality vs us.

Beating the Dragons twice without a wacky fade out or making Hunt and Norman look like world beaters also is not something I am full of confidence about.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Norman's now plying his trade in France (unsuccessfully - they were coming last), so it will have to be making Bird or Tariq Sims look like a world beater / proper SOO player.

I'm not even confident of the return Newcastle or GC matches which we play away. We really suck when we are the favourites.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman wrote:We've got a nice run home, we should win a lot of games from here on in. But our style is going to leave us extremely vunerable to losing any football game against anyone, and we'll undoubtably drop a few to teams we should beat.

I’ll have one of these thanks.

At least in terms of what I expect to happen. If I get to do requests for reality I’ll take a GF win thanks.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ wrote:Based on decades of history. If the Daily Telegraph picks us to definitely miss the finals then lock us in for 8th, if they say we’ll definitely make the finals, lock us in for 10th.

In addition, if they say we’ll beat the Dragons and the Bulldogs, then lock us in for humiliating losses in those two games and then bet your house on us in un-winnable games against Penrith and Storm.

I think you’ve got the causality wrong.

It’s not that the Raiders are unpredictable. It’s that almost everything the Daily Telegraph writes is wrong.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

gangrenous wrote:
BJ wrote:Based on decades of history. If the Daily Telegraph picks us to definitely miss the finals then lock us in for 8th, if they say we’ll definitely make the finals, lock us in for 10th.

I think you’ve got the causality wrong.

It’s not that the Raiders are unpredictable. It’s that almost everything the Daily Telegraph writes is wrong.
You could be onto something there. Last time I read that paper, page 3 told me that Craig Kelly was going to be our next Prime Minister.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

A Ricky Stuart coached side simply does not scrape into the 8, which is the absolute best I can currently see us doing this season.

Lock us in for 10th or 11th again Eddie.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »