Knights 13+
31%

Total votes: 13

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Game Day

Post by Seiffert82 »

Whitehead dead set had 3 runs for 20 metres with 5 minutes to go in that game.

Our right hand attack is the most useless in the comp.

The two things are linked.

That is all.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Question wrote: June 19, 2022, 3:58 pm Are our supporters that demoralised and beaten that they take any enjoyment in that ****.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
:roflmao

Things that are more fun than watching that game:
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

We should not have won that game. Bloody pathetic completions from the 25th minute onwards and we just got lucky with a Hail Mary play.

Whitehead really screwed up in the second half. Two penalties and a sin bin from his bone head plays, compare him to Young and there a world of difference atm. He's the one who needs a spell and bring back in CHN.

I'm so frustrated after that win.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Mickey_Raider wrote: June 19, 2022, 3:57 pm If we take one thing out of that undeserved win it is that we urgently must get EW out of the starting side.
He’s the biggest passenger I’ve ever seen…
Single handedly sabotaged the game with that awful 5th tackle strip and the sun binning.
What does this peanut need to do to get punted into Reggie’s?

Why is Tarpine not the captain????
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:00 pm
gangrenous wrote: June 19, 2022, 3:53 pm Well. One of the worst wins ever.

But the season stays alive. Learn some freakin’ lessons.
The season isn't alive. We're making up the numbers no matter which way you slice it.
indeed

Re
Thomas Raider wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:00 pm
Question wrote: June 19, 2022, 3:58 pm Are our supporters that demoralised and beaten that they take any enjoyment in that ****.

No enjoyment Q,just gotta laugh that's all :roflmao
We're fans... if you cant at least get excited by winning in that fashion then just stop doing this to yourself
we'll have all night and a week to talk about what a truly deplorable performance it was... but at least for an hour i think we're allowed to be happy our footy team won
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Over the years I have noticed the dumbing down and acceptance of being fed ****, on this very site by certain posters, it is extremely noticeable.

This place is woke.
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

Yes, yes we are.
I cannot believe it. A 2 point win against THAT is not cause for celebration.
Pathetic.
Last edited by Mercury on June 19, 2022, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Game Day

Post by Elcaptcroker »

So i turned kayo off with the **** with 10 mins to go after seeing edwick pick up "X"'s error, all the way home Psyching my self up to read the fall out of such a **** game, to see that we some how won, i dont know how we did, now i have to watch that last 10 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Elcaptcroker on June 19, 2022, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Elcaptcroker wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:06 pm So i turned kayo off with the **** with 5 mins to go after seeing edwick pick up "X"'s error, all the way home Psyching my self up to read the fall out of such a **** game, to see that we come how won, i dont know how we did, now i have to watch that last 5 mins.

Brother... it's quite a ride :lol:
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:03 pm Whitehead dead set had 3 runs for 20 metres with 5 minutes to go in that game.

That is all.

Yep he's been one of my favourite players but him and starling are the obvious issues right now just from a team make up perspective. Starling I think if stick gab him his minutes at the end of both halves he could be very useful but whitehead just can't produce any more

Its sad to watch
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

Pete Cash wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:07 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:03 pm Whitehead dead set had 3 runs for 20 metres with 5 minutes to go in that game.

That is all.

Yep he's been one of my favourite players but him and starling are the obvious issues right now just from a team make up perspective. Starling I think if stick gab him his minutes at the end of both halves he could be very useful but whitehead just can't produce any more

Its sad to watch
The real question is when will the super coach see it?
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Drandyt wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:08 pm

That is all.

Its sad to watch
Never. He thinks culture is more important than performance. I'd love a culture where on-field performance is first and foremost, but that's not the club and coach we have
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Drandyt wrote:

That is all.

Its sad to watch
No one watched the games more deeply. He’ll be shoving it in everyone’s faces.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Mercury wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:06 pm

Yes, yes we are.
A 2 point win against THAT.
Pathetic.
Stop doing this to yourselves. Just dont watch, dont pay attention... if you cant muster any joy out of seeing your footy team win, then your vapid cynism has gone too far and you need to just let the fandom go and stop supporting this club.

As said, no one thinks this was a good game, or a good performance. We'll have all **** week to talk about that. For now fans are happy they won a stupid football game.
Last edited by Botman on June 19, 2022, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Hudson Young for halfback?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Boomercm wrote: June 19, 2022, 3:41 pm Starling would be an excellent fit at Manly, where they have excellent organising halves/fullback and no hooker. He would be a star there. Lets get it done.
He's a decent example of a running hooker. For bench impact, could go well at Manly or Penrith the way they play. For some reason we use him vs fresh players when we are trying to ice games out and need composure- the exact wrong way to use that particular tool.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

This team is an absolute embarrassment
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

reptar wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:10 pm Hudson Young for halfback?
He was interviewed post game and said he noticed it during the week about Ponga's positioning and told a coach he might try it!
Captain-Coach-Halfback
Jordy Rap's declining super power of just jitterbugging around and trying **** until it works might be transferring to Young.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Azza wrote:This team is an absolute embarrassment
Now that's my boy.

This place is woke.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

That is all.

Its sad to watch
Whitehead doesn't look up to NRL standard and there's no apparent upside going forward.

Starling can add some spark out of dummy half. Problem is he's woefully out of form. All he's doing is confusing himself and everyone around him. Time for a stint in reggies to get some feel for the game back.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Botman wrote:
reptar wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:10 pm Hudson Young for halfback?
He was interviewed post game and said he noticed it during the week about Ponga's positioning and told a coach he might try it!
Captain-Coach-Halfback
Jordy Rap's declining super power of just jitterbugging around and trying **** until it works might be transferring to Young.
If that’s for real, that’s smarter than anything I’ve seen the Raiders do in forever.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Why do we use Starling for most of the second half ? Yes he makes metres but runs around like a headless chicken. Some of his passes were borderline forward. And i could not believe that 5th tackle play when he dummied and died with the ball. Starling should be used from 30 min in the 1st half to 15 min in the second half for maximum impact. He cannot manage a game and we are more frantic with him.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I honestly didn't know that Eddie's try was disallowed until I read some comments on this site!

I switched off thinking we would lose

We live on and survive another day but this team hasn't improved and we are no better than 10th at best.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

As a Raiders fan I feel I owe someone an apology.

When ELee picked up the slops and strolled over I went and laid on the road.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:24 pm As a Raiders fan I feel I owe someone an apology.

Absolutely I accept your apology for getting up
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Boomercm wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:02 pm
t seems lots of people agree with you. I can sort of see both sides. I think CNK at his best is a better FB than Savage is currently. So I'd argue he has upside on current form too - and potentially this form turnaround could happen quite quickly. So much of a muchness for me atm.

I'm still cheering Savage on. I hope he gets it all together quickly.
In his very peak of form ever CNK managed 7 or 8 line breaks an entire season, with only 3 try assists each for both those seasons.

Savage has those 3 try assists and 4 line breaks from 5 games this season, 2 of those as a winger... (and 3 bench games)

Not like we have much else going on in attack.

We need a FB who can create something. CNK is ok, but not in Vlandysball and not for a team without creative halves and not been at his best for a couple of years now.

Absolutely we should be putting games into Savage this season. No point watching CNK be a 6/10 FB and lose/stall Savage.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Watching the kid grow is the only highlight I have watching this bumbling pack of goons.

This place is woke.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Another insipid 2nd half apart from Hudson Young's bit of quick thinking at the death.

I walked out when it looked like N'castle had sealed the win off a Savage fumble. One of the worst games I've seen from the Raiders in several yrs. The Master Coach should stay out of the dressing room at half-time cause whatever he says is toxic. Out 2nd halves this season have been nothing short of atrocious!
Last edited by Green Taipan on June 19, 2022, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Northern Raider wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:13 pm

That is all.

Its sad to watch
Whitehead doesn't look up to NRL standard and there's no apparent upside going forward.

Starling can add some spark out of dummy half. Problem is he's woefully out of form. All he's doing is confusing himself and everyone around him. Time for a stint in reggies to get some feel for the game back.
He's being used all wrong. Why bring him on vs fresh players and ask him to ice games out? Any team with a running bench hooker uses them 10-15 mins either side of halftime then brings their game controller/passer back on.

That's how to make a player like Starling useful in a system.
'
Instead RIcky mashes the square peg at the round hole week after week like he's discovered some sort of innovation.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Starling **** our attack even more
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

BadnMean wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:27 pm
Boomercm wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:02 pm
t seems lots of people agree with you. I can sort of see both sides. I think CNK at his best is a better FB than Savage is currently. So I'd argue he has upside on current form too - and potentially this form turnaround could happen quite quickly. So much of a muchness for me atm.

I'm still cheering Savage on. I hope he gets it all together quickly.
In his very peak of form ever CNK managed 7 or 8 line breaks an entire season, with only 3 try assists each for both those seasons.

Savage has those 3 try assists and 4 line breaks from 5 games this season, 2 of those as a winger... (and 3 bench games)

Not like we have much else going on in attack.

We need a FB who can create something. CNK is ok, but not in Vlandysball and not for a team without creative halves and not been at his best for a couple of years now.

Absolutely we should be putting games into Savage this season. No point watching CNK be a 6/10 FB and lose/stall Savage.
We disagree on CNKs value to the team when at his best (v'landys ball or not).

But no doubt Savage has some attacking chops. Very exciting to watch.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Botman wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:06 pm So i turned kayo off with the **** with 5 mins to go after seeing edwick pick up "X"'s error, all the way home Psyching my self up to read the fall out of such a **** game, to see that we come how won, i dont know how we did, now i have to watch that last 5 mins.

Brother... it's quite a ride :lol:
I just watched that last bit and yes it sure is, both hudson and joe were massive leading up to it

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:24 pm As a Raiders fan I feel I owe someone an apology.

:roflmao

But did you take the monster with you?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
myanonymoususername
Dean Lance

Post by myanonymoususername »

Mercury wrote: June 19, 2022, 4:06 pm

Yes, yes we are.
I cannot believe it. A 2 point win against THAT is not cause for celebration.
Pathetic.
Beats losing. But that's the only slight positive.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:I honestly didn't know that Eddie's try was disallowed until I read some comments on this site!

I switched off thinking we would lose

We live on and survive another day but this team hasn't improved and we are no better than 10th at best.
I did the same thing