Knights 13+
32%

Total votes: 19

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I cannot believe we have not beaten the Knights in 3 attempts since AOB has been coach.

We weren't even in the 2020 game and the 2nd round game of last year. At least Best is not in the side, I still have horrible memories of Kris trying to tackle him.

I am very concerned about Whitehead's and Fogarty's defence though.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: June 14, 2022, 10:01 pm I cannot believe we have not beaten the Knights in 3 attempts since AOB has been coach.

We weren't even in the 2020 game and the 2nd round game of last year. At least Best is not in the side, I still have horrible memories of Kris trying to tackle him.

I am very concerned about Whitehead's and Fogarty's defence though.
We should have a lot of conerns
There is about 3 good teams this year. 2-3 others who with good injury luck can make some hay

the rest of us? We can all beat up or get beaten up on.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

I hate losing to a struggling knights, if they got us they will kill us, since 2016 we have struggled to put them away
benda
Brett Mullins

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by benda »

BadnMean wrote: June 14, 2022, 10:11 am
Mr. Snrub wrote: June 14, 2022, 9:59 am
benda wrote: June 13, 2022, 11:11 pm I just worry that even at our peak.. it was purely around grind footy (which is fine) and individual brilliance from players to score tries.

We dont have the latter anymore.

And fine... lets assume we cant be the best in the comp for reasons we cant change... what we dish up in attack over the past 2.5 seasons is simply not good enough.

If Clearly is the second best player right now (Tapine being 1st heheeh) how is it that Penrith with 6 additional SOO players out still look multiple times better than us in attack...
I find it strange that Raiders don't at least try and run more expansive backline set plays close to the line? Do they lack the ability to run these moves? It's incredibly one-dimensional and the offloading, off-the-cuff stuff only works about 20% of the time. You watch a team like the panthers and they make it look so easy.
I think we did run more of these plays than in the past for the first 60 vs Broncos. Things fell apart in the last 20 with the ad lib style.
I disagree. Tapine looked most dangerous. I dare say his ball playing was our best that night.

Not once did we run a nice backline play in their half. Do we have the ability and players to do that? I think we do. Its either or a combination we have some players not good at it or we lack attacking strategies. Can only be those 2 factors i think.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tapine tops Hard Earned Index in tireless performance: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/15/tap ... rformance/
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by BadnMean »

benda wrote: June 15, 2022, 8:53 am
BadnMean wrote: June 14, 2022, 10:11 am
Mr. Snrub wrote: June 14, 2022, 9:59 am
benda wrote: June 13, 2022, 11:11 pm I just worry that even at our peak.. it was purely around grind footy (which is fine) and individual brilliance from players to score tries.

We dont have the latter anymore.

And fine... lets assume we cant be the best in the comp for reasons we cant change... what we dish up in attack over the past 2.5 seasons is simply not good enough.

If Clearly is the second best player right now (Tapine being 1st heheeh) how is it that Penrith with 6 additional SOO players out still look multiple times better than us in attack...
I find it strange that Raiders don't at least try and run more expansive backline set plays close to the line? Do they lack the ability to run these moves? It's incredibly one-dimensional and the offloading, off-the-cuff stuff only works about 20% of the time. You watch a team like the panthers and they make it look so easy.
I think we did run more of these plays than in the past for the first 60 vs Broncos. Things fell apart in the last 20 with the ad lib style.
I disagree. Tapine looked most dangerous. I dare say his ball playing was our best that night.

Not once did we run a nice backline play in their half. Do we have the ability and players to do that? I think we do. Its either or a combination we have some players not good at it or we lack attacking strategies. Can only be those 2 factors i think.
We ran them. They didn't work that well. But we were clearly setting them up and trying to execute them.
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

We should of given Sammy a Farewell game
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Finchy wrote: June 14, 2022, 7:44 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 14, 2022, 6:33 pm
Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2022, 5:58 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:33 pm Lachlan Fitzgibbon sitting exactly where he should be.

Wholeheartedly agree but just watch us win him as the ploder consolation prize in the offseason after missing out on Ploder-in-Chief Adam Elliott Ploder-in-waiting Jack Hetherington
My friend, he is gone next , been chased off , I’m struggling too but we are going to have to let it go , just try not to be to hard on yourself we will be ok
Hey Adam, how come Ricky hasn't dropped you yet since you've signed with Newy? He's very petty like that. Like with what happened to Sutto earlier in the year.
Hey and if we are playing calling people different names for you unfortunately we cannot be friends, how’s tricks ?

When you asked young Ryan about his dropping was he upset? Unfriendly towards Ricky? How was his demeanour?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Zac Woolford: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... -woolford/

VIDEO: Member Appreciation Round: This Sunday will be the Raiders Member Appreciation Round at Canberra Stadium. Hear from some of the club's loyal members about what membership means to them: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... ion-round/
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Sam williams > fogarty
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

radicalraider wrote: June 15, 2022, 7:18 pm Sam williams > fogarty
:nooo
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 15, 2022, 3:38 pm
Finchy wrote: June 14, 2022, 7:44 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 14, 2022, 6:33 pm
Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2022, 5:58 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:33 pm Lachlan Fitzgibbon sitting exactly where he should be.

Wholeheartedly agree but just watch us win him as the ploder consolation prize in the offseason after missing out on Ploder-in-Chief Adam Elliott Ploder-in-waiting Jack Hetherington
My friend, he is gone next , been chased off , I’m struggling too but we are going to have to let it go , just try not to be to hard on yourself we will be ok
Hey Adam, how come Ricky hasn't dropped you yet since you've signed with Newy? He's very petty like that. Like with what happened to Sutto earlier in the year.
Hey and if we are playing calling people different names for you unfortunately we cannot be friends, how’s tricks ?

When you asked young Ryan about his dropping was he upset? Unfriendly towards Ricky? How was his demeanour?
I haven't asked young Ryan, and not sure about his demeanor. That's something a teammate of his might be able to shed some light on though, wink wink.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

Spoken like a true friend my brother. Guys , Finchy is onside
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

SERIOUSLY!!! I will lose my **** if we lose this, we got this.....right?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yep. I was confident that we were the better lineup last week vs the Broncos. It was a pathetic 11 error riddled second half that did us in.

Same story this week. We hold onto the ball and learn to pass the **** thing to hands rather than feet and we should do this easily.

Alternatively, if we go into the game with zero patience and try to score off every possession, we are screwed.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 15, 2022, 11:12 pm Yep. I was confident that we were the better lineup last week vs the Broncos. It was a pathetic 11 error riddled second half that did us in.

Same story this week. We hold onto the ball and learn to pass the **** thing to hands rather than feet and we should do this easily.

Alternatively, if we go into the game with zero patience and try to score off every possession, we are screwed.

Pffft. Nice theories, but all nonsense.

I have it on good authority that all we need is a little bit of luck and the bounce of the ball.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

radicalraider wrote: June 15, 2022, 7:18 pm Sam williams > fogarty
Well no chance of that since he has left.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hopefully Kenny Rogers is back in the box on Sunday.

I missed him in Donkeyville.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: June 15, 2022, 11:12 pm Yep. I was confident that we were the better lineup last week vs the Broncos. It was a pathetic 11 error riddled second half that did us in.

Pffft. Nice theories, but all nonsense.

I have it on good authority that all we need is a little bit of luck and the bounce of the ball.
Yeah, that was a rubbish interview.

Not sure what was said behind closed doors, so I'm hopeful that wasn't the real message to the playing group.

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

People get so worked up over the press conferences, but seriously Sticky has never been the type of guy to say it how it is out in the open. It's pretty well known that he's a guy that will tell a player to their face they're not good enough, he just does it behind closed doors. Press conferences exist for the sole reason to keep the media happy. Stop putting so much weight on what is said in them.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I put almost no weight on those post-game pressers. They are largely a waste of time, unless the losing coach wants to have a crack at the referees.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The press conferences are not for the media... they're ultimately for the members and supporters.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raider Azz wrote: June 16, 2022, 10:44 am People get so worked up over the press conferences, but seriously Sticky has never been the type of guy to say it how it is out in the open. It's pretty well known that he's a guy that will tell a player to their face they're not good enough, he just does it behind closed doors. Press conferences exist for the sole reason to keep the media happy. Stop putting so much weight on what is said in them.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
While I would tend to subscribe to the same view, why did he lambast Savage a couple of months back in the post game presser then?
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

I didn't watch the press conferences with Ricky's comments on Savage but I think it's been blown out of proportion. People don't rise to become amongst the best players in the game by being coddled through their career. People have to go through hardship to come up on top. If Ricky's comments break Savage, then he was never up for it in the first place. Look at how Taumalolo has taken his game to new heights this year. That wouldn't have happened without the honesty from Payten last year.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The point was simply made that Ricky doesn't criticise his players in the media. I was asking why he criticised Savage quite openly in the press conference. I wasn't talking about whether the comments were blown out of proportion or not.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Azza wrote: June 16, 2022, 2:10 pm The point was simply made that Ricky doesn't criticise his players in the media. I was asking why he criticised Savage quite openly in the press conference. I wasn't talking about whether the comments were blown out of proportion or not.
Fair enough, wasn't having a dig at you though, just commenting based on comments I've seen around here on this topic in general.

But I think Raider Azz would be more or less correct that Ricky isn't telling the full story of what's being said behind closed doors when he makes these comments in the press. There is zero chance Ricky would have gone back to the players after the press conference and said "good job, guys. We would have won that if Savage didn't stuff up that play there". I think ultimately, him saying to the media that a guy who is essentially a rookie made some rookie errors that cost us in a game isn't going to have a detrimental effect unless Savage has very thin skin. If he starts saying that Wighton made rookie errors that cost us in games, that could have a detrimental effect on the playing group mentally. Wighton may lose respect from other players if they start believing it and other players can blame Wighton as the star player rather than looking to improve their own efforts. Rookies are going to stuff up. It's on the senior players to show some consistency and experience, and they would know that.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I'm sure he would be saying more behind the scenes. What's frustrating though is that this is a results based business and nothing much seems to be changing, particularly in our atrocious second halves the last 2 years. It's beyond embarrassing.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Azza wrote: June 16, 2022, 3:02 pm I'm sure he would be saying more behind the scenes. What's frustrating though is that this is a results based business and nothing much seems to be changing, particularly in our atrocious second halves the last 2 years. It's beyond embarrassing.
I agree, it's frustrating to see this every week with the same bad habits costing us in the end. And it can be infuriating to hear Ricky speak as though he has no idea what our problems are, boiling it down to luck. But the reality of the situation definitely wouldn't be as it seems to us as supporters.

I think we're actually doing okay if we consider all of the set backs and issues we've had to deal with since we played in the grand final. If things click for this squad and we become a serious threat come finals (which I doubt will happen if I'm being completely honest) then people will be praising Ricky as a genius.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Azza wrote:I'm sure he would be saying more behind the scenes. What's frustrating though is that this is a results based business and nothing much seems to be changing, particularly in our atrocious second halves the last 2 years. It's beyond embarrassing.
It's the luck of the draw brah.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Crusader wrote:SERIOUSLY!!! I will lose my **** if we lose this, we got this.....right?
The Knights and Ponga have our number unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders halves Jack Wighton and Jamal Fogarty put hand up to drive Green Machine

The Canberra Raiders halves have taken it upon themselves to get the Green Machine purring in attack again - especially after half-time. They've been held scoreless in the second half six times this season.

"If we've got the belief that we can defend well and have each other's back, but then also in attack know where we're going and what we're doing - which comes back to myself with clear calls - I think we're going to be a real threat," Fogarty said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

GALLERY: Building for Knights: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... r-knights/

MATCH PREVIEW: Raiders v Knights: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35194

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... v-knights/

VIDEO: Raiders v Knights match preview: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/16/rai ... -round-15/
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Question wrote: June 16, 2022, 3:41 pm
Azza wrote:I'm sure he would be saying more behind the scenes. What's frustrating though is that this is a results based business and nothing much seems to be changing, particularly in our atrocious second halves the last 2 years. It's beyond embarrassing.
It's the luck of the draw brah.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
Bounce of the ball brah, and those 50 percenters
Which, IMHO is like a three phase electric motor, there is a 50% chance to get right direction... but I get it wrong about 70% of the time lately...
Rub of the green sucks sometimes I guess :roflmao
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

I'll give the fog one more game before I start asking questions, but Schneider learnt something from his time in firsts, and I think he will have a higher ceiling than fogarty over time
Judging by his last couple of games in nsw cup I mean
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I agree Schneider has clearly gone to another level. How he’s gone in NSW Cup the last couple of weeks really shows how far.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

greeneyed wrote: June 16, 2022, 7:55 pm I agree Schneider has clearly gone to another level. How he’s gone in NSW Cup the last couple of weeks really shows how far.
The thing I love about Schneider is he plays for the full 80, fog and jack clock off at half time it seems