Knights 13+
32%

Total votes: 19

magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Teams and Previews

Post by magoo »

We got this. I've sent 17 rabbits feet and a whole bunch of 4 leaf clovers to Ricky.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

When does Whitehead get dropped ? 5 runs for 31 m, 5 post contact metres. Let in an easy try, his play the ball speed is one of the slowest in the team, 4 missed tackles and handling errors

Ricky was brave enough to drop Campese, Fensom and Croker previously.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: June 12, 2022, 9:39 pm When does Whitehead get dropped ? 5 runs for 31 m, 5 post contact metres. Let in an easy try, his play the ball speed is one of the slowest in the team, 4 missed tackles and handling errors

Ricky was brave enough to drop Campese, Fensom and Croker previously.
He also dropped Papa and Tapine!! No balls to drop whitehead or wighton!!!!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jack Wighton's focus on Canberra Raiders ahead of State of Origin

Jack Wighton is now solely focusing on his duties at the Canberra Raiders - and not Origin II at Perth. Wighton says Canberra's errors in the loss to the Broncos meant the halves pairing needed to "step up and take control". "I'm not worried about any game in the future, I'm literally worried about the club and the rest sorts itself out," Wighton said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Kris
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton (VC)
7. Fogarty
8. Papalii
9. Woolford
10. Tapine (C)
11. Young
12. CHN
13. Elliot

14. Schneider
15. Horsburgh
16. Rushton
17. Whitehead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

-PJ- wrote: June 12, 2022, 2:44 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 12, 2022, 2:37 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 12, 2022, 2:25 pm Should have kept ASezer.
As infuriating as Sezer was he's miles ahead of anyone who has stepped in since he left. George Williams was a better player overall but was the most damaging player the club has ever signed.
George **** on us.

Sezer is better than SWilliams, Schneider, and Fogarty all rolled together.
We would of been a lot better off if we never scouted George in the first place.

He **** us, then had the nerve to say we **** him?
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

I'm not so sure the answer is to drop Starling- he was effective at running, that's what he does. Is it his fault he was instructed to play the way he did? Or that he was not used in the time periods of the game that you want a running impact hooker on? (middle 20-30, not final 20). I think we just need a better bench use plan.

I don't know what's up with Whitehead. There's been games where I thought he did some great unheralded defensive work. But he hasn't really hit stride all year. Realistically he'll play this week and hopefully bounces back.

CHN seems a little lost now. He gets dropped at the drop of a hat and seems to have knocked his confidence around. Luckily Tarps, Young and Elliot are in the form of their life, Papa is chugging along and hopefully isn't carrying anything we don't know about with all the reduced minutes lately.

Hopefully Rapana improves that right edge defence. He's capable of making some good decisions on when to jam and snuff things out + we all know he'll scramble his guts out and has the size to be effective in contact.

Cotric started brilliantly last week and had some good moments. I saw a bit of criticism around but he took 15 runs. That's an effort to get involved (normally Rapana has 14-15 runs in our team and whoever the other winger is has a lot less).
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Even as one of the more vocal fans of Sezer on this site, there is a bit of revisionist history of him emerging
Was he better than what we have now, no question. Was he a better fit for what we needed than Williams? You could argue that. But certainly George was a better player circumstances aside.

But lets remember that Sezer was playing poorly enough that people were begging for Sam Williams to come in to replace him, not me, ill take a W on that one, Williams was never close to better than Sezer. But he did come in. And he stunk the joint out and we went back to the better player. But whilst those calling for the move were over their skiis thinking Sam Williams was anything but a reserve grade halfback, it's also worth remembering Sezer was playing very poorly.

Sezer at this best suited our team and our style well at the time, but the club was right to move to a high upside player, even if it didnt work out and now the game has moved on, even at his peak he wouldnt solve the creativity/ball playing problem plaguing the team now. That was not his game.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I just worry that even at our peak.. it was purely around grind footy (which is fine) and individual brilliance from players to score tries.

We dont have the latter anymore.

And fine... lets assume we cant be the best in the comp for reasons we cant change... what we dish up in attack over the past 2.5 seasons is simply not good enough.

If Clearly is the second best player right now (Tapine being 1st heheeh) how is it that Penrith with 6 additional SOO players out still look multiple times better than us in attack...
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

Let’s hope Whitehead and Starling are dropped today.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote: June 11, 2022, 10:47 pm Tom Starling should not be in the team. If Woolford can't play 80 minutes, have Trevilyan on the bench.
Is Trevilyn fit?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

UncleDrew wrote: June 14, 2022, 8:47 am Let’s hope Whitehead and Starling are dropped today.
They should be. They won't be.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Starling has a chance to be dropped, albeit not high chances imo
Whitehead? No chance
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

benda wrote: June 13, 2022, 11:11 pm I just worry that even at our peak.. it was purely around grind footy (which is fine) and individual brilliance from players to score tries.

And fine... lets assume we cant be the best in the comp for reasons we cant change... what we dish up in attack over the past 2.5 seasons is simply not good enough.

If Clearly is the second best player right now (Tapine being 1st heheeh) how is it that Penrith with 6 additional SOO players out still look multiple times better than us in attack...
I find it strange that Raiders don't at least try and run more expansive backline set plays close to the line? Do they lack the ability to run these moves? It's incredibly one-dimensional and the offloading, off-the-cuff stuff only works about 20% of the time. You watch a team like the panthers and they make it look so easy.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Mr. Snrub wrote: June 14, 2022, 9:59 am
benda wrote: June 13, 2022, 11:11 pm I just worry that even at our peak.. it was purely around grind footy (which is fine) and individual brilliance from players to score tries.

I find it strange that Raiders don't at least try and run more expansive backline set plays close to the line? Do they lack the ability to run these moves? It's incredibly one-dimensional and the offloading, off-the-cuff stuff only works about 20% of the time. You watch a team like the panthers and they make it look so easy.
I think we did run more of these plays than in the past for the first 60 vs Broncos. Things fell apart in the last 20 with the ad lib style.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

2022 Rd 15 NRL teams: Raiders V Knights

Canberra Raiders V Newcastle Knights
Sunday 19 June, 2:00pm
Canberra Stadium
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3, 2CC

The Canberra Raiders have named their team for the round 15 match against the Newcastle Knights at Canberra Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Jordan Rapana returns from his one game suspension onto the wing, with James Schiller dropping back to the extended bench.

Canberra Raiders media

VIDEO: Team lists: Raiders v Knights: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/14/raiders-v-knights/

Canberra Raiders

1. Xavier Savage
2. Nick Cotric
3. Matthew Timoko
4. Sebastian Kris
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Jamal Fogarty
8. Josh Papalii
9. Zac Woolford
10. Joseph Tapine
11. Hudson Young
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Adam Elliott

14. Tom Starling
15. Ryan Sutton
16. Corey Harawira-Naera
17. Corey Horsburgh

18. Brad Schneider
19. James Schiller
20. Trey Mooney
21. Semi Valemei
22. Adrian Trevilyan

Injury/Suspension

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Hamstring (Rd 18-19)
Jarrod Croker, Shoulder (Season)
Harley Smith-Shields, Knee (Season)
Josh Hodgson, Knee (Season)

Newcastle Knights

1. Kalyn Ponga
2. Edrick Lee
3. Dane Gagai
4. Enari Tuala
5. Dominic Young
6. Anthony Milford
7. Jake Clifford
8. David Klemmer
9. Chris Randall
10. Jacob Saifiti
11. Tyson Frizell
12. Mitchell Barnett
13. Kurt Mann

14. Simi Sasagi
15. Leo Thompson
16. Mathew Croker
17. Pasami Saulo

18. Phoenix Crossland
19. Tex Hoy
20. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
21. Adam Clune
22. Hymel Hunt

Injury/Suspension

Bradman Best, Elbow (Rd 16)
Daniel Saifiti, Knee (Rd 17)
Jayden Brailey, Achilles (Rd 19)
Chris Vea'ila, Leg (Indefinite)

Officials

Referee: Ashley Klein
Touch judges: Nick Morel, Nick Pelgrave
Video referee: Gerard Sutton

NRL teams: Click here
NSW Cup teams: Click here
Jersey Flegg teams: Click here

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #NRLRaidersKnights
The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2022 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
The Greenhouse score update service
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That 17 should have a handsome halftime lead.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:03 pm That 17 should have a handsome halftime lead.
sHoUlD
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Re: 2022 Rd 15 V Knights: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by UncleDrew »

Well at least Bradman Best isn’t named to give us our annual spanking and play him back into form.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Is Matthew Croker any relation to Jarrod? Cousin, Son, Grandson?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Very surprised Ponga is named - Knights obviously not sold on the dangers of head knocks yet.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

He'll probably be withdrawn closer to game time.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins

Post by hrundi89 »

Billy Walker wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:14 pm Is Matthew Croker any relation to Jarrod? Cousin, Son, Grandson?
Doesn't seem like it.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Lachlan Fitzgibbon sitting exactly where he should be.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: June 13, 2022, 9:50 pm Even as one of the more vocal fans of Sezer on this site, there is a bit of revisionist history of him emerging
Was he better than what we have now, no question. Was he a better fit for what we needed than Williams? You could argue that. But certainly George was a better player circumstances aside.

But lets remember that Sezer was playing poorly enough that people were begging for Sam Williams to come in to replace him, not me, ill take a W on that one, Williams was never close to better than Sezer. But he did come in. And he stunk the joint out and we went back to the better player. But whilst those calling for the move were over their skiis thinking Sam Williams was anything but a reserve grade halfback, it's also worth remembering Sezer was playing very poorly.

Sezer at this best suited our team and our style well at the time, but the club was right to move to a high upside player, even if it didnt work out and now the game has moved on, even at his peak he wouldnt solve the creativity/ball playing problem plaguing the team now. That was not his game.
Sezer was much better after he was dropped for Sammy Dub though. Seemed to come back with a better understanding of his limitations. Finally started kicking the ball over the defensive line instead of through it too. He was the master of the ricochet kick which would lose us about 30m each time.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

UncleDrew wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:09 pm Well at least Bradman Best isn’t named to give us our annual spanking and play him back into form.
Didn't Gagai give us a bath last time? May have been when patience ran out with Kris last season- or I may be misremembering.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

RS: "Ok boys gather round, I thought we were incredibly unlucky against the Broncs"
P1: "What do ya mean Stick"
RS: "Well bounce of the ball, few of the ref's calls - could have gone either way"
P1: "But half their team was out Rick, and the other half got injured"
RS:"we were missing Raps, threw our entire structure off"
P1:"What structure Rick"
RS:"Listen P1 - are you trying to be smart you know very well what structure" "What do you think we rock up in the carpark, introduce ourselves and then hit the field?"
P1: "Sorry Stick, it's just that I don't remember practicing any structured attacking plays"
RS:"For the love of God P1, what do you think the move "throw it to wighton" just happens"
P1:" ah ok Rick, got it"
RS: "Anyway, this week I want to introduce a different move - "Get it to Raps" ....."
Green Machine
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by Green Machine »

How is Fogarty still getting picked!?
2011 Bronze Member - #8066
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders looking to make the most of their opportunities

If Canberra are to break into the NRL’s top eight, they’ll have avoid slipping into an old, potentially destructive habit – losing the games they’re expected to win.

“We can be a bit guilty of the games we’re meant to win, we don’t,” he said. “That’s when we start getting ahead of ourselves … I hate saying cliches but at the end of the day it does come back to the way we get out on the field and the intensity we play at.

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/raiders-l ... rtunities/

VIDEO: Harawira-Naera: It’s good to be out playing again: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... ing-again/

Jordan Rapana returns for important Knights clash: https://canberraweekly.com.au/jordan-ra ... hts-clash/

Corey Harawira-Naera is not expecting a call up to Michael Maguire's New Zealand team

Corey Harawira-Naera is not expecting a call up to Michael Maguire's New Zealand side in two weeks. Following his demotion to the Canberra Raiders' NSW Cup side for round 11 and 12, the second rower knew the writing was on the wall for the Kiwis' game against Tonga.

"I've had a chat to [Michael Maguire], with me dropping back to [NSW] Cup ... I kind of conceded that it was going to be hard for me to make that team," he said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

What the Canberra Raiders have to do to end their two-year drought on Sunday against Knights

The Canberra Raiders have not beaten the Newcastle Knights since Adam O'Brien took over the coaching reins in 2020, but they know what it will take - a full 80-minute performance.

"We're focusing on our starts," Ryan Sutton said."We really didn't start well in the second half. They scored within two or three minutes of the second half, and that comes down to our defensive efforts.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:33 pm Lachlan Fitzgibbon sitting exactly where he should be.

Wholeheartedly agree but just watch us win him as the ploder consolation prize in the offseason after missing out on Ploder-in-Chief Adam Elliott Ploder-in-waiting Jack Hetherington
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Kick early for savage to chase..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Rickmando wrote: June 14, 2022, 5:58 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 14, 2022, 4:33 pm Lachlan Fitzgibbon sitting exactly where he should be.

Wholeheartedly agree but just watch us win him as the ploder consolation prize in the offseason after missing out on Ploder-in-Chief Adam Elliott Ploder-in-waiting Jack Hetherington
I don’t think so
His father is the CEO of NIB, which is a major sponsor the the knights
He’s signed on until the end of 2023 and seems to be a highly valued player for them :lol: . I’d wager he’s got some years left to go in Newcastle
Joshjacksonshead
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Joshjacksonshead »

My friend, he is gone next , been chased off , I’m struggling too but we are going to have to let it go , just try not to be to hard on yourself we will be ok
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 14, 2022, 6:33 pm

My friend, he is gone next , been chased off , I’m struggling too but we are going to have to let it go , just try not to be to hard on yourself we will be ok
Hey Adam, how come Ricky hasn't dropped you yet since you've signed with Newy? He's very petty like that. Like with what happened to Sutto earlier in the year.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Finchy wrote: June 14, 2022, 7:44 pm
Joshjacksonshead wrote: June 14, 2022, 6:33 pm

Hey Adam, how come Ricky hasn't dropped you yet since you've signed with Newy? He's very petty like that. Like with what happened to Sutto earlier in the year.
Elliott has actually been better since he signed with the knights,
I'm happy to have him in the 17 at the moment, and I was very critical of him in the first few rounds also