8%

Total votes: 13

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2022 Rd 14 V Broncos: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: June 10, 2022, 9:59 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: June 10, 2022, 8:36 pm We've got this.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
This is what concerns me. When the supporter base gets confident of a win, we lose.

We’re gone now.
I say this as a man who religiously washes his underware to ensure a winning pair is available on game day because we're a **** 2 game winning streak and i think they're lucky
I've said it once and ill say it again, fandom is a a virus. I cant fathom trying to explain this ****. The fans confidence has as much impact on our outcomes as my **** undies. My grey pair is set aside, we're 4 from our last 5 with them. Ill be rocking them at kick off tomorrow.
For i am Botman, lord of the idiots.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Flying up to the Gold Coast in the morning going to Titans v Souths then jump on the train to Brisbane. Also going to Q Cup and Warriors v Sharks on Sunday. Creating my own mini magic round.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Botman wrote: June 10, 2022, 10:20 pm
Finchy wrote: June 10, 2022, 9:59 pm

This is what concerns me. When the supporter base gets confident of a win, we lose.

We’re gone now.
I say this as a man who religiously washes his underware to ensure a winning pair is available on game day because we're a **** 2 game winning streak and i think they're lucky
I've said it once and ill say it again, fandom is a a virus. I cant fathom trying to explain this ****. The fans confidence has as much impact on our outcomes as my **** undies. My grey pair is set aside, we're 4 from our last 5 with them. Ill be rocking them at kick off tomorrow.
For i am Botman, lord of the idiots.
You're all winners
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Finchy wrote:

We’re gone now.
If I can't be confident of winning a game we should be good enough to win, what else do I have?! :)

The Broncos have won 8 games this season, beating both Souths and Canterbury twice, Cronulla, Newcastle, Manly and the Gold Coast.

The only top 8 teams they have beaten is Cronulla (6th) and Souths (8th), same as us.

They have been beaten by any genuine contender they have played like Penrith, Roosters and the Cowboys...and the Warriors.

They've had a very soft draw so far. Fake top 4 team.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

What Seiff is trying to say is…DONKEY STINK.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Finchy wrote:

We’re gone now.
If I can't be confident of winning a game we should be good enough to win, what else do I have?! :)

The Broncos have won 8 games this season, beating both Souths and Canterbury twice, Cronulla, Newcastle, Manly and the Gold Coast.

The only top 8 teams they have beaten is Cronulla (6th) and Souths (8th), same as us.

They have been beaten by any genuine contender they have played like Penrith, Roosters and the Cowboys...and the Warriors.

That sounds like an argument for why a confident loss is actually evenly matched. Not a confident win Image
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman wrote: The fans confidence has as much impact on our outcomes as my **** undies.
I agree that fan over-confidence has zero impact on our outcome. However it’s possibly correlated with the team over-confidence which might breed complacency.

Or possibly more likely it just hurts the fans more when we’re confident and the team doesn’t turn up. Meaning those ones stick in the memory and make it feel more frequent.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 11, 2022, 9:04 am
Finchy wrote:

We’re gone now.

So they've beaten similar teams to us. Also a bit skewed where they've been missing Reynolds. I think they deserve to be mild favourites. Should be a good game
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Bay53 wrote: June 10, 2022, 10:22 pm Flying up to the Gold Coast in the morning going to Titans v Souths then jump on the train to Brisbane. Also going to Q Cup and Warriors v Sharks on Sunday. Creating my own mini magic round.
Nice, today in Brisbane is also oddly warm so you didn't bring the cold with you :(
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Canberra Milk wrote:
Finchy wrote:

We’re gone now.

So they've beaten similar teams to us. Also a bit skewed where they've been missing Reynolds. I think they deserve to be mild favourites. Should be a good game
Yeah maybe. They really do have an average lineup, especially without the strike power of Staggs.

It will all come down to who turns up with the best attitude.

Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 11, 2022, 6:02 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:
Finchy wrote:

We’re gone now.

Yeah maybe. They really do have an average lineup, especially without the strike power of Staggs.

This one’s on you, I called it!
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Finchy wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: June 11, 2022, 6:02 pm
Canberra Milk wrote:
Finchy wrote: This is what concerns me. When the supporter base gets confident of a win, we lose.

We’re gone now.

This one’s on you, I called it!
Lost the battle, won the war! Image

Still, we really blew that game.