Roosters 13+
14%

Total votes: 7

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2022 Rd 13 V Roosters: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

Mooney was a bit of a shooting star. Couple of great runs, a high shot then not seen again. What happened there?
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Begbie wrote: June 5, 2022, 5:57 pm Yes!! Gritty but yes! Savage was great
Agreed. I've been wary of the hype and today I was somewhat converted.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

YTB!!💚💚💚💚💚
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Adam Elliott on Fox complaining about the heat and saying he’s going to Newcastle on a development contract on Boyle’s coat tails. He’s quite funny.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Not trying to be a Negative Nancy as I love watching Savage in attack... he's unpredictable, his speed is blinding and that pickup off the deck today... wow.

BUT... his defense REALLY worries me.

Go back and watch one of the Roosters tries, it was an incredibly poor effort... not bad technique but just poor effort, jersey grabbing.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:01 pm Some good performances today but also too many passengers.

Tarps was massive, Frawley, Young, Savage and Hors very good.

Cotric needs a couple of weeks in reggies. Fog wasn’t great but it’s early days he will be good. Whitehead wasn’t bad today but he worries me.
In the last month Cotric averages 150m a game with 24 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks and today ran for as many yards as everyone else in our 3/4 line. Back in your box you muppet.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Elliott consistent, and I don’t mean consistently bad.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

IBG wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:07 pm Not trying to be a Negative Nancy as I love watching Savage in attack... he's unpredictable, his speed is blinding and that pickup off the deck today... wow.

BUT... his defense REALLY worries me.

Go back and watch one of the Roosters tries, it was an incredibly poor effort... not bad technique but just poor effort, jersey grabbing.
Lol no one cares
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:07 pm
Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:01 pm Some good performances today but also too many passengers.

Cotric needs a couple of weeks in reggies. Fog wasn’t great but it’s early days he will be good. Whitehead wasn’t bad today but he worries me.
In the last month Cotric averages 150m a game with 24 tackle breaks, 2 line breaks and today ran for as many yards as everyone else in our 3/4 line. Back in your box you muppet.
He was absolutely schooled today.
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

Tapine, Young and Savage get my points

Attack looked pretty meh at times but gutsy defence that paid off
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

scooter wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:02 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: June 5, 2022, 5:56 pm Great win by the boys. Not perfect, halfback poor, bench usage counter productive.... But hung on

All of Ricky's strengths and weaknesses on show there
Fogarty wasn't great, but he did come up with a few key clutch plays (especially that vital intercept) and fairly strong in D.
He was slightly better than Schneider with the ball. He's clearly still feeling his way back and said as much in the post game interview. The intercepts show a decent footy brain. Hopefully he steps up as he gets fitter. He's there to organise and make sure Jack doesn't have to do that.

He'll want his kicking to improve.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:09 pm

Because Sualli scored one try? No line breaks. One great leap and try. Single missed tackle by Nic for the match. That's a special school mate.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Suaali will school many, many more with his aerial threat. He's Folau-esque

In saying that, I thought both wingers were less effective than usual
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Surprised there isn’t more love for Frawley today. I’m not a huge fan of his and generally think his defence is a worry but he really did a good job handling Tupanua today. He was the best of our halves - a really solid game I thought.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

Incredible defensive effort today and some massive efforts from key players.

Other than the great bomb at the start of the second half, the kicking game was really poor I thought though.. Definitely need to look to improve there.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Billy Walker wrote:Mooney was a bit of a shooting star. Couple of great runs, a high shot then not seen again. What happened there?
A Ricky debut.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Tapine huge again, of course. Thought Woodford did ver well again. I have no idea why our field position is so consistently poor in the sensing half.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Nic has been good this month. Nothing really to complain about. Some people just get an axe to grind and won't change opinion based on new evidence.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:13 pm

Because Sualli scored one try? No line breaks. One great leap and try. Single missed tackle by Nic for the match. That's a special school mate.
I’m not getting into an argument with you about special schools - I’m certain you have more experience in the subject
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:13 pm

Suaali will school many, many more with his aerial threat. He's Folau-esque

In saying that, I thought both wingers were less effective than usual
Think mick ennis did a good job of explaining that
Lot of stop start in the game and it impacted the flow of the game and took the wingers a bit out of it

It wasn’t a great Cotric game but he was fine
Billy’s being Billy. Ignore him
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Ilanraiders wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:06 pm YTB!!💚💚💚💚💚
Posted it 7 times in a row, why stop there?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Boomercm wrote: June 5, 2022, 5:44 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 5, 2022, 5:42 pm That's why you don't just concede a tackle 10m out on the last like the Fog did. Need to take your chances -momentum has swung since that brain fade.
That was the one time I wouldn't have blamed him. Everyone over ran him and our game plan was clearly to run rather than kick

Go Timoko!!
His job to organise the outside backs though.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:14 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Mooney was a bit of a shooting star. Couple of great runs, a high shot then not seen again. What happened there?
A Ricky debut.
With a twist. Didn’t get 4 minutes at the end but 4 minutes mid way through. Good to see the great man vary it up
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:15 pm
I’m not getting into an argument with you about special schools - I’m certain you have more experience in the subject
I actually do. It was certainly eye opening and really rewarding ultimately.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:14 pm Surprised there isn’t more love for Frawley today. I’m not a huge fan of his and generally think his defence is a worry but he really did a good job handling Tupanua today. He was the best of our halves - a really solid game I thought.
One of Frawley’s very few positives is his solid defence, not sure why that’s a worry
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:18 pm
Billy Walker wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:14 pm Surprised there isn’t more love for Frawley today. I’m not a huge fan of his and generally think his defence is a worry but he really did a good job handling Tupanua today. He was the best of our halves - a really solid game I thought.
One of Frawley’s very few positives is his solid defence, not sure why that’s a worry
Him and Williams were shown up pretty badly in a few games last year after GWilly walked. He was strong today though. I would have had him as our 4th best half at the start of the season but he’s having a go.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:18 pm
Frawley was ok. Pretty much exactly what you get with a reasonably solid backup half. He might get leapfrogged by Schneider in the order over the next year or two (hopefully) but he was ok.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki

Post by Finchy »

Pete Cash wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:15 pm Nic has been good this month. Nothing really to complain about. Some people just get an axe to grind and won't change opinion based on new evidence.
Some people (blinded by their hatred for a Croker, Rapana, and Cotric) put all their eggs in the Valemei basket. Now that he’s been shown up as not up to first grade standard (which nearly everyone here had been saying all year), those with an axe to grind will continually find fault with Croker, Rapana, and Cotric despite the fact their boy Valemei doesn’t seem to even be in the conversation of first grade selection anymore, and for good reason.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

That was a gutsy win. Both teams struggled in attack but our defence was very committed and just managed to hang on in the end.

I thought all of our pack stood up today and Tapine is in amazing form. He really led from the front and the other middles followed him well.

We have a good run of games coming up and if we can string a few together with the same spine a few weeks in a row I think our attack will start to look sharper.

Savage was dry fetching at the end of the game, that’s how they worked at the back end of that game. Proud of the effort they are putting in after some pea hearted displays early in the season.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Finchy wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:23 pm
Pete Cash wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:15 pm Nic has been good this month. Nothing really to complain about. Some people just get an axe to grind and won't change opinion based on new evidence.
Some people (blinded by their hatred for a Croker, Rapana, and Cotric) put all their eggs in the Valemei basket. Now that he’s been shown up as not up to first grade standard (which nearly everyone here had been saying all year), those with an axe to grind will continually find fault with Croker, Rapana, and Cotric despite the fact their boy Valemei doesn’t seem to even be in the conversation of first grade selection anymore, and for good reason.
Broncos hq trolls gonna troll.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Valemei is a spud! Let’s hope he never sees our first grade lineup again
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

So all those Raiders that should not have put on a Raiders top again … any comments ??
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

CRaid wrote: June 5, 2022, 6:54 pm So all those Raiders that should not have put on a Raiders top again … any comments ??
Huh?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Nice win.
Winning is good.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Reading the comments here once the Roosters got to within two. Rather than the players not having a ticker I could say the same of 90% of the posters here 😂