Ricky Stuart inducted into the NSWRL Hall of Fame

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Ricky Stuart inducted into the NSWRL Hall of Fame

Post by greeneyed »

True Blue legends inducted into NSWRL Hall of Fame

True Blues Ken Kearney, Ricky Stuart and Harry Wells were tonight inducted into the NSWRL Hall of Fame during the annual True Blues dinner at The Star Event Centre in Pyrmont.

Stuart was a mercurial halfback who helped turn the Canberra Raiders into a premiership force after winning titles in 1989-90 and 1994. He played nine Tests for Australia (1990-94) and 14 games for NSW. He was part of the first NSW Blues team which won three consecutive series from 1992-94. Stuart turned to coaching and won a premiership in his first season with the Sydney Roosters (2002). He also coached the Blues three times (2005, 2011-12), winning a series in his first year.

Read more: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2022/05/3 ... l-of-fame/
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: Ricky Stuart inducted into the NSWRL Hall of Fame

Post by Postman Pat »

Well deserved, Ricky should hold a better standing in the game then he’s credited for as a player.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

About bloody time. Introduced the 20m spiral and the torpedo punt. Just imagine how many 40/20s he’d have on his record.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart inducted into Blues Hall of Fame

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart was honoured at the True Blues dinner in Sydney on Monday night to accept his award as one of three new inductees into the NSW Rugby League Hall of Fame.

"I just see myself as a very fortunate person. I'm very honoured and I see myself as very lucky," Stuart said. "When I looked around the room to see the names of some of the people who are in the Hall of Fame, I just felt very, very humbled.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

I care for referees, I feel for their jobs says Ricky Stuart: https://rugbyleaguehub.com/i-care-for-r ... ky-stuart/
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Geez he was great to watch
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Congratulations to Sticky. He brought great rugby union halves skills to Rugby League. What a player.

I thought Harry Wells was inducted some years ago. My bad. Tough, hard centre in his day. To pick a modern center like him, I'd probably go with Jack Wighton. Just hard and always competitive.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

That's fantastic news, he's still the best halfback I've seen play the game... and that includes Johnathon Thurston.

Possibly even the most influential player in any position (maybe a shade behind Cameron Smith). Injury in the last three seasons really cruelled his legacy.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, still hugely under-rated. Different halfback to many of the new ones, but his kicking game was as good as any I have seen and he could control the flow of the game like no other.

Well deserved accolade.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart says he’s honoured to be inducted into the NSWRL Hall of Fame

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says he’s honoured to have been inducted into the New South Wales Rugby League Hall of Fame earlier this week. Stuart was one of three inducted alongside Ken Kearney and Harry Wells, ahead of this year’s State of Origin opener next Wednesday in Sydney.

AUDIO: https://www.2gb.com/podcast/ricky-stuar ... l-of-fame/