Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 13 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by radicalraider »

If we lose it'll be embarrassing now
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elliott Whitehead not shying away from being sole leader of the Canberra Raiders

Leadership was something Elliott Whitehead shied away from. He was happy to let others bear the responsibility and simply let his actions on the field do the talking.

"He has all the ingredients in being able to lead his country in the World Cup," Ricky Stuart said. "Elliott has matured and grown into this role very well. The players know he's there for them. He performs consistently week-in, week-out and his passion and care for the team is what you want from a captain."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

The Canberra Raiders' silver lining to Jarrod Croker's season-ending injury

It's the silver lining to the Jarrod Croker injury cloud. Sebastian Kris now has the chance to establish as an NRL player.

"He's had some unfortunate luck this year ... but he's now had four games in a row so that gives him an opportunity to throw another consecutive game in. That's the way he'll grow into being a consistent NRL performer is by playing consistent games," coach Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Mickey_Raider wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote: June 3, 2022, 11:25 pm Would love to be wrong on Sunday, but some signs in the Parra game and now these comments are a little concerning. A grind fest may be awaiting
I am still astounded and a little alarmed with how content it feels like everyone except me appears to be with the Parra game.

I thought our attack was predictably pedestrian and our tries were genuinely opportunistic and lucky.

And then on top of that Parras attack werent exactly having problems picking holes in our line at will.

Sounds like being vaguely competitive in a one off game against a vaguely top side is good enough for a lot of people.
Yep, we competed well and matched them for effort, but our scoring was absolutely on the back of errors from the Eels rather than well constructed attack.

I'm really looking forward to see how Fogarty goes in his second game and how he combines with Frawley in the halves.

It won't happen, but I would really like to see that halves combo work and for Wighton to be moved to 13.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Who doesn’t love a silver lining. I’d say Kris has put in more impressive games than Timoko over the last couple of weeks. A lot of people keen to make him a bench utility/edge forward, but I think he has a lot to offer at centre.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Sid wrote: June 4, 2022, 4:14 pm CHN ruled out due to covid protocols. Schiller named on the bench.

Source the.. *checks notes* Canberra Raiders.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
means Mooney has to get an extended stint. Looking forward to watching him.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Quietly quite happy and impressed that Schiller seems to have jumped Semi in the pecking order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Danaman137 wrote: June 5, 2022, 12:41 am Quietly quite happy and impressed that Schiller seems to have jumped Semi in the pecking order.

Less impressed that everyone could see that Semi shouldn’t be selected at right centre after two trial matches.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

greeneyed wrote: June 5, 2022, 12:55 am
Danaman137 wrote: June 5, 2022, 12:41 am Quietly quite happy and impressed that Schiller seems to have jumped Semi in the pecking order.

Less impressed that everyone could see that Semi shouldn’t be selected at right centre after two trial matches.
Everyone knew he shouldnt have been picked a long time before the trials.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

radicalraider wrote: June 4, 2022, 5:00 pm If we lose it'll be embarrassing now
This is a very odd take. Not only are Roosters obviously a tier above but you can easily argue their outs aren't as severe as Raiders imo.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

So once again on Mooney. He looks a born middle forward. And because of poor squad management he's just been forced to train and play 12 weeks as a right edge forward in trials and reserve grade.

Now he gets his debut he's forced to revert to his middle role which he hasn't played all season and probably play 40 minutes. Hopefully the longer minutes has helped with fitness but gee whiz that seems backwards and tbh rather unfair on a young debutante.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Unpopular opinion: I'd have Valemei over Schiller

I'm really not sure about this outside back on the bench thing. It's half-worked previously because Papa has a great motor. I'm not sure that will apply to Horse

In theory Schiller can go to centre and Kris shifts to second row, but I don't think Stick will do that
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Canberra Milk wrote: June 5, 2022, 9:10 am Unpopular opinion: I'd have Valemei over Schiller

I'm really not sure about this outside back on the bench thing. It's half-worked previously because Papa has a great motor. I'm not sure that will apply to Horse

In theory Schiller can go to centre and Kris shifts to second row, but I don't think Stick will do that
It's not a viable option when you have 2 hookers in the 17 who don't cover backrow at all like a Havili or Hodgson could.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:50 am
This is a very odd take. Not only are Roosters obviously a tier above but you can easily argue their outs aren't as severe as Raiders imo.
It's fairly even across the board- a sprinkling of good players. BUT there is one big factor favouring the Rorters.

The Roosters have >200 total games more experience than us in the spine at 6, 7 and 1. That's an awful lot more experience at winning games.

I probably see this one playing out similar to the Parra game. We might look good in parts but are likely to blink first vs a more experienced spine.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

julian87 wrote: June 5, 2022, 8:50 am
Tedesco is a significant out, although they won't suffer too much with Manu shifting back there. He'd be in the top tier of fullbacks if he played their permanently. The main one for us is Wighton. Frawley's inclusion actually improves our tactical kicking game. Unfortunately means we lose a fair bit in both attack and defense.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Roosters spine is easily better than ours, it's an important win if we can snag it

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer