Total votes: 12

Off
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by Off »

BadnMean wrote:
-PJ- wrote: May 23, 2022, 2:02 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:43 pm
IBG wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:05 pm Did anyone catch in the commentary that Jake Duke said he spoke to Fogarty who said he is a chance to come back as soon as next weekend.
The Canberra Times has reported the same a couple of times. He's aiming for Rd 12, no confirmation yet on whether it is possible. Ricky Stuart says he has to tick some boxes first.
Fog has to watch the video.
None of the kids can figure out why Ricky is so set on all of them seeing Weekend at Bernie's. Weird.
Great movie, highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' Jamal Fogarty could make early return against Parramatta Eels

If Jamal Fogarty and Jarrod Croker can get through this week's training then they could play the Parramatta Eels at Canberra Stadium on Sunday. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, who will be out of action for "a week or two" with a hamstring injury, with Xavier Savage to be named in the No.1 jersey to face the Eels.

Meanwhile, Raiders hooker Tom Starling appeared in court in Sydney on Monday. The case continues tomorrow.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders' Sebastian Kris overcomes obstacles to hit form

Two stints in COVID-19 isolation, catching the virus once, and a head knock have forced Sebastian Kris to miss four games so far this season. And if Jarrod Croker (shoulder) is able to return this week, Kris might lose his centre spot this week.

"I'm always happy to play wherever for this club, but I've got most of my confidence playing at centre," he said. "I'm not sure what will happen, but if I'm shuffled to the wing or the bench or anywhere I'm just happy to be playing and I'll just do my job for the team."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

In that case I guess it's looking more like
1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty

16. Kris

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Sid wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:19 pm In that case I guess it's looking more like
1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty

16. Kris

I don’t mind this. Kris has been playing well but his well suited to the bench too.

Good to have Fog or Croker in the side for the goal kicking. Bit shaky on the weekend in that area.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Mitchell Moses has a good kicking game, it will be interesting to see how Xavier goes for the full 80
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

BadnMean wrote: May 23, 2022, 10:03 am
President Clinton wrote: May 23, 2022, 10:00 am
BadnMean wrote: May 23, 2022, 9:50 am
President Clinton wrote: May 23, 2022, 9:12 am Rapana and Cotric need to stay on the wing.

I'd be tempted to have Croker back in at centre and Kris on the bench for his utility value. Can play wing, centre of in the forwards if needed.

Alternatively, Kris stays where he is and CNK on the beach as utility.

Valemei to NSW Cup please.
I'd have Savage at FB if CNK is out. Raps is as likely as Savage to make an error back there these days and he's killing it on the wing.

Our wingers are going well now and Parra have Sivo lined up on the left.

Kris did great at centre. He's played alongside Cotric since they were 14 year olds so it's a good combo to tap into with understanding in defence and attack. I'd leave him there.

If we need a back on the bench then Schiller, who has some versatility or Croker and we can shift Kris out elsewhere in back 5 in case of emergency.

If the Fog is ready, bring him in. I don't think he'd be far behind the pace compared to a slightly cooked Schneider and what Frawley brings most weeks anyway. Whitehead will have to bodyguard him to some extent if needed.
wasnt aware of this.
Yeah same junior club, same high school etc.

I teach PE and I accidentally put them both on the same Oztag team in a lesson once when I was new to the school. Kids thought it was a bit unfair. :roflmao
Bad Teacher
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Kris
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty
8. Papalii
9. Woolford
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. Whitehead
13. Elliot

14. Starling
15. Sutton
16. Horsburgh
17. Rushton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

President Clinton wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:23 pm
1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty

16. Kris

I don’t mind this. Kris has been playing well but his well suited to the bench too.

Good to have Fog or Croker in the side for the goal kicking. Bit shaky on the weekend in that area.
Kris has been doing more in FG than Croker has in reggies, in both attack and defence... why does Kris desrved to be dropped. He's just played 2 good games in his actual position instead of being asked to play FG as a whole bunch of things he's never been before (winger, backrow etc). Kinda keen to see if he's ironed out his defence.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Yeah Kris has been very good imo. Not quite as involved on the weekend but he's looking good. His defensive reads are muched improved as he's reduced the instances where he rushes out of the line to put on a good hit.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I was very happy with Seb Kris’s performance against the bunnies on both sides of the footy

Good to see him back at centre and not on the wing too.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Andymachine wrote: May 23, 2022, 10:19 am We already have 2 'robust' 100kg wingers who are going well. I'd hate to see Ricky overcomplicate this by displacing multiple players out of position from a winning side in order to replace CNK who, on form, is very, very replaceable. When the first choice fullback is injured I'd like to see the 2nd choice fullback slot in - simple.

Valemei never deserved the automatic selection he was receiving up until his injury and it would be ridiculous to see him waltz back into a team that's won 3 straight in his absence. Croker isn't a bench option. He starts or he doesn't play imo.

1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Kris
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty

I think Sutton's front on stopping power in defence will be needed against Parra so he needs to come back in. CHN also needs to come back because he's undoubtedly in our best 17 (and 13).

If he plays, Sivo should have a target on his head given how long he's been out. Grubbers behind and bombs on top of him all day.
This is the line up, I don’t rate Sivo, he is a bit of a cat and is easily put off his game, he is no Radradra, bombs, grubbers, plenty of action down is edge
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Ilanraiders wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:31 pm Mitchell Moses has a good kicking game, it will be interesting to see how Xavier goes for the full 80
I dont think he'll play a full 80 minutes there. I expect he and Rapana will time share the role on a pretty close to 50/50 split, giving Savage some solid spells on the wing.

But i expect we'll see a bit of good and a bit of bad if he's the play there over the 80. He's still got a lot to learn. IMO he'll learn the most with on the job training, but there is going to be a lot of highlights and lowlights along the way with Savage
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Croker won't be picked and savage won't start fb.. expect valemai on wing to mark sivo.. Rapana starts fb.
radicalraider
John Ferguson

Post by radicalraider »

1. Rapana
2. Cotric
3. Kris
4. Timoko
5. Valemai
7. Frawley
16. Savage
21. Fogarty
22. Schneider
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

BadnMean wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:39 pm
President Clinton wrote: May 23, 2022, 5:23 pm
1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Fogarty

16. Kris

Kris has been doing more in FG than Croker has in reggies, in both attack and defence... why does Kris desrved to be dropped. He's just played 2 good games in his actual position instead of being asked to play FG as a whole bunch of things he's never been before (winger, backrow etc). Kinda keen to see if he's ironed out his defence.
I agree. Kris has been way more solid on both sides of the ball than he was last season. He's been up against a couple of the lesser teams, but can't justify dropping him.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Still funny seeing 9. Woolford back in the team list.

Presumably Savage is in the running for a gig at fullback. Would be a great test for him.

The key will be whether Fogarty is good to go, otherwise Frawley is a no-brainer for mine.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I know im a little behind... but **** it was strange seeing Germ Jr run around out there against the bunnies and look exactly like his old man, in looks and in style! :lol:

Very keen to see him get more run time too, he was pretty good!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

After the last two weeks why are people talking about dropping Kris? What planet are we on?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Botman wrote: May 23, 2022, 8:07 pm I know im a little behind... but **** it was strange seeing Germ Jr run around out there against the bunnies and look exactly like his old man, in looks and in style! :lol:

Very keen to see him get more run time too, he was pretty good!
The looks bit is funny because facially they're quite different. But build and mannerisms you could convince me they're cloned.

He showed a bit of his old man when he passed off to Adam Elliott on the fifth tackle too haha. All good, somehow we got a result.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Yeah its the build that gets me! Like you get camera angle from behind the play the ball and all you see is that stocky, broad shoulders and little bit of the hair and it takes me right back to the good old day haha

He's a tough defender like his old man too.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Botman wrote: May 23, 2022, 8:20 pm Yeah its the build that gets me! Like you get camera angle from behind the play the ball and all you see is that stocky, broad shoulders and little bit of the hair and it takes me right back to the good old day haha

He's a tough defender like his old man too.
His service is similar to Trevelian but a bit better, does wonders for the pack to roll forward,
And i hope we sign him up long term, he might be one of those late bloomers like the fog
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 23, 2022, 8:02 pm Still funny seeing 9. Woolford back in the team list.

Presumably Savage is in the running for a gig at fullback. Would be a great test for him.

The key will be whether Fogarty is good to go, otherwise Frawley is a no-brainer for mine.

Woolford has barely missed a beat. Let the man march boys, let the man march. Early days yet.

I don't know why he was a journeyman/park footballer. But he's done a very effective job getting the roll on pre Starling. He's shown the flourishes and assists someone like Schneider has in only his best games. He looks like a pretty good bridge/stopgap between end Hodgo and begin Trev -slash fight it out with Trev for best man for position.

Maybe he can't back up months of footy. Maybe opposition will find a weakness. But he can play alright. Hooker is one of the last to be as much a brains/talent/instinct position as any physical attributes.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

It’s been Woolfords passing that has been the biggest difference, especially when it comes to getting our forwards rolling.

He’s had spiral balls hitting chest as opposed to the ball turn end over end with both long and short passing. He’s also provided the crash ball that Ricky loves so he’ll earn points with that from Ricky.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Not good for Harry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Postman Pat wrote: May 23, 2022, 10:25 pm It’s been Woolfords passing that has been the biggest difference, especially when it comes to getting our forwards rolling.

He’s had spiral balls hitting chest as opposed to the ball turn end over end with both long and short passing. He’s also provided the crash ball that Ricky loves so he’ll earn points with that from Ricky.
It's an often underrated skill of a dummy half. In the modern game people notice the ball running abilities when evaluating a hooker and overlook the impact of a well timed, accurate passes. Good service will never poll Dally M points but it helps forwards and halves play much better.

In my glimpses of Trevilyan he seems to have a good passing game. Need to see more before I tag him as our future starter in the role.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Agree with the above. We are a much better side when Starling is not on the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: May 24, 2022, 2:06 am Image
Not good for Harry.
Thought he was great off the bench. Pregame I didn't think we could rely on him yet in a prop role.
In reserves he's shown a lot of finesse. This was all mongrel.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

zim wrote:
Not good for Harry.
Thought he was great off the bench. Pregame I didn't think we could rely on him yet in a prop role.
his debut with wigan was rugged all those years ago, I think it's time he usurped Sutton and you know who

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Once he gets more comfortable in first grade he's going to be great. Those skills aren't going away. Just a matter of time.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I'm quite surprised by how good Woolford has been.

I know he had massive wraps on him as a junior, but as a 25 year old who has been in the NSW Cup system for a while and bouncing from club-to-club, who started this season with us behind Hodgson, Starling, Trevelyian and Elliot at hooker, the fact he's come in and looked right at home is a bit of a shock.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Timbo wrote: May 24, 2022, 12:45 pm I'm quite surprised by how good Woolford has been.

I know he had massive wraps on him as a junior, but as a 25 year old who has been in the NSW Cup system for a while and bouncing from club-to-club, who started this season with us behind Hodgson, Starling, Trevelyian and Elliot at hooker, the fact he's come in and looked right at home is a bit of a shock.
He actually started this season at Newtown as their bench hooked behind flavour of the month Berell. I don't think he had a Cronulla contract at all either.

It seems Canberra only even sought him out because of the situation with Hodgson, Trevilyan and Fogarty. Before he was signed the NSW Cup team was using a local player at hooker.

It's a pretty amazing little story really.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The key for him will be to not overplay his hand.

With the likes of Papa, Horsburgh and Tapine in the front row we don't need trick shots out of dummy half. He just needs to focus on getting that timing right for the hitups and getting quality ball to the halves in good position.

This is where Hodgo struggled and Starling will never be a top line dummy half. Their running game might be spectacular, but if the forwards aren't hitting the advantage line and the ball is regularly thrown forward or hitting the turf, a neat running game doesn't mean ****.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: May 24, 2022, 9:30 am
zim wrote:
Not good for Harry.
his debut with wigan was rugged all those years ago, I think it's time he usurped Sutton and you know who

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
I didn’t realise how big the boy is, glad I ain’t feeding it.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

This is the most exciting part of the week..TLT.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: May 23, 2022, 8:11 pm After the last two weeks why are people talking about dropping Kris? What planet are we on?
So you suggest we drop Timoko instead? Shirley, someone has to make way for our quest for individual records right?