Eels 13+
17%

Total votes: 12

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 12 V Eels: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by radicalraider »

If toots loves the club like he says he should put his money where his mouth is and retire..
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Billy Walker wrote:
Question wrote: May 25, 2022, 3:08 pm I love seeing that proud indigenous celebration when the big fella scoresImage

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk
It is pretty good to see and hopefully he will get across the line a couple of times this weekend :D
I wish they would leave him alone after scoring till he's finished it , then jump and carry on all over him

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

What Indigenous Round means for Canberra Raiders' Wiradjuri man Adam Elliott against the Parramatta Eels

Adam Elliott will be soaking up every second when he dons the Canberra Raiders Indigenous jersey on Sunday.

"I'm not thinking about contracts at all. I've got my little fella coming down, all my family coming, it's a really special weekend for me," Elliott said. "[Lenny's] only been to one game previously in Sydney. This is his first Raiders' game. It means a lot to me, it means a lot to my family."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raider Adam Elliott wants more Indigenous NRL coaches: https://canberraweekly.com.au/raider-ad ... l-coaches/

Canberra Raiders' captain Jarrod Croker dislocates his shoulder again, ruling him out for anticipated Eels return

Another shoulder dislocation for the club's captain has left a solemn feeling around the Canberra Raiders camp.

"It was definitely sad news [on Wednesday] morning when I found out," Adam Elliott said. "We don't know the severity of it but we'll all be getting around him, supporting him and hoping that he's out there with us soon."

Raiders captain Jarrod Croker out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder: https://canberraweekly.com.au/raiders-c ... -shoulder/

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6931725

VIDEO: Adam Elliott: Hopefully one of us can shake a leg out there: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... out-there/

PODCAST: Behind the Limelight: Sia Soliola: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... -soliola3/
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

On Blake and the Pork, they suggested CHN is out and in Ricky's bad books due to him throwing a ball at a team mate that gave away a penalty in the Cronulla game?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:16 am On Blake and the Pork, they suggested CHN is out and in Ricky's bad books due to him throwing a ball at a team mate that gave away a penalty in the Cronulla game?
Someone suggested it on The GH somewhere. I don’t think there’s any evidence it is correct.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

They said he threw the ball at the sharks player that gave the penalty away. It was Briton Nikora CHN threw it at. 22:48 on the game clock in round 10. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

zim wrote:They said he threw the ball at the sharks player that gave the penalty away. It was Briton Nikora CHN threw it at. 22:48 on the game clock in round 10. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows.
What a load of rubbish, much like their podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Rick wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:28 am
zim wrote:They said he threw the ball at the sharks player that gave the penalty away. It was Briton Nikora CHN threw it at. 22:48 on the game clock in round 10. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows.
What a load of rubbish, much like their podcast.
It was on their podcast.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Blake and the Pork has been great. Just losing its way a bit with too many characters.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

zim wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:26 am They said he threw the ball at the sharks player that gave the penalty away. It was Briton Nikora CHN threw it at. 22:48 on the game clock in round 10. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows.
I don’t think it did give a penalty away?

CHN and Nikora have also been teammates on the NZ sides and it looked like they were joking around after CHN thee the ball.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

President Clinton wrote:
zim wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:26 am They said he threw the ball at the sharks player that gave the penalty away. It was Briton Nikora CHN threw it at. 22:48 on the game clock in round 10. Whether that has anything to do with it who knows.

CHN and Nikora have also been teammates on the NZ sides and it looked like they were joking around after CHN thee the ball.
From memory, we won the penalty. I think it was a high shot or work on the ground from Nikora on CHN and CHN threw the ball at him after winning the penalty. We still got the penalty. That sounds like rubbish.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:Blake and the Pork has been great. Just losing its way a bit with too many characters.
Lost their way?

I’m now calling their podcast Burke and the Wills.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:16 am On Blake and the Pork, they suggested CHN is out and in Ricky's bad books due to him throwing a ball at a team mate that gave away a penalty in the Cronulla game?
He threw it at a Sharks player
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

dubby wrote: May 26, 2022, 9:09 am
My mistake. Listening to that very late last night.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

President Clinton wrote: May 26, 2022, 7:51 am

The ball throw didn't. Nikora gave away the penalty. CHN then threw the ball at him.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Makaveli wrote: May 26, 2022, 8:15 am
President Clinton wrote:

From memory, we won the penalty. I think it was a high shot or work on the ground from Nikora on CHN and CHN threw the ball at him after winning the penalty. We still got the penalty. That sounds like rubbish.
Having watched the video yesterday (which is why there's a timestamp in my comment) I agree it'd be pretty weird if that was the reason. But it didn't look friendly.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: May 26, 2022, 10:27 am
President Clinton wrote:

Having watched the video yesterday (which is why there's a timestamp in my comment) I agree it'd be pretty weird if that was the reason. But it didn't look friendly.
I guess Ricky has been in CHN's ear about improving his discipline (as many on the GH have identified as a CHN weakness)-Hors has managed to improve his and is going well. If seen in that context and not as a random decision it'd make sense.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote:
zim wrote: May 26, 2022, 10:27 am
President Clinton wrote:

I guess Ricky has been in CHN's ear about improving his discipline (as many on the GH have identified as a CHN weakness)-Hors has managed to improve his and is going well. If seen in that context and not as a random decision it'd make sense.
Yep, I see this as about as controversial as the time Papa got dropped and came back to be one of the best forwards in the world.

CHN has all the potential in the world. He just needs to improve his consistency and efforts at times. I'm looking forward to his return.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

A lot romanticising about CHN on here. Whilst I don’t agree with his dropping (especially for a certain part-time media celebrity/full-time plodder) - he’s a very ordinary defender and regularly a liability on the edge with his reads or his weak jumper-grabbing in the middle.

We all know how much Rick values the grindy stuff.

All the talk of him being a world beater will only eventuate if he gets that part of his game to at least an NRL-average level.

(No arguments here about his attacking prowess btw)
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

Kris and citric were far better defensively then timoko and rapana

Maybe moving kris to the right is a problem… just though it’s worth pointing out that kris has been playing very well lately..
Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

papabear wrote: May 26, 2022, 11:58 am Kris and citric were far better defensively then timoko and rapana

Maybe moving kris to the right is a problem… just though it’s worth pointing out that kris has been playing very well lately..
Spot on. I’m a big Timoko fan but he had a dirty day defensively on Sunday. I’m interested to see how he responds this week
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont think Timoko was THAT bad on the weekend. He had a couple of moments for sure, but he's got a lot of runs on the board defensively, including the week prior when Talakai had been decimating people all year long, and Timoko came out on top of that battle defensively despite the advantages with players and space the sharks had with all the sin bins
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Rickmando
John Ferguson

Post by Rickmando »

Botman wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:12 pm I dont think Timoko was THAT bad on the weekend. He had a couple of moments for sure, but he's got a lot of runs on the board defensively, including the week prior when Talakai had been decimating people all year long, and Timoko came out on top of that battle defensively despite the advantages with players and space the sharks had with all the sin bins
No I just think he had the typical off game you commonly get with a young player.

He was very soft in contact and his positioning wasn’t great - he had a bludger. As I said, I’m a fan and look forward to him bouncing back this week.

Re: Talakai - it’s one of the hardest centre assignments in football at the moment, huge feather in Timoko’s cap for coming out on top there
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

papabear wrote: May 26, 2022, 11:58 am Kris and citric were far better defensively then timoko and rapana

I've pointed out before but Cotric/Kris played years of junior footy (club, rep, school) together so they have a good understanding.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:
They said that someone had put it out there as a reason, but pork also said he considered it garbage.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

gangrenous wrote: May 26, 2022, 1:09 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote:
They said that someone had put it out there as a reason, but pork also said he considered it garbage.
Does seem the sort of **** someone would just make up... However CHN does also seem like the type who would get on a coaches bad side easily and it could escalate quickly :(
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

BadnMean wrote: May 26, 2022, 12:53 pm

I've pointed out before but Cotric/Kris played years of junior footy (club, rep, school) together so they have a good understanding.
I didn’t know that - they did look very settled together…

Hopefully we see more of them together..
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jamal Fogarty fired up for Raiders debut

If there was ever doubt about the importance of Jamal Fogarty’s signing for Canberra, coach Ricky Stuart’s reaction to having the halfback ready to play after knee surgery should end it.

“I had a bit of a chat with Sticky (Stuart), I said ‘the team’s going really good and the combinations are going well, what do you want to do?'” Fogarty said. “He said he’ll put me straight in.”

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/jamal-fog ... ers-debut/

The chats that had Jamal Fogarty ready for Canberra Raiders debut

A casual conversation with the Canberra Raiders physiotherapists told Jamal Fogarty he was ready.

"I probably thought next week would be the round that I'd be back and it just came off a conversation I had with the physios," Fogarty said. "I was just asking them last week on the way to Dubbo what kind of hoops do I have to jump through to be available for selection. And they said, 'You're pretty much ready to go.'"

Sebastian Kris wants to make his injured Canberra Raiders skipper Jarrod Croker proud

Sebastian Kris was gutted by Jarrod Croker's shoulder dislocation that's ruled him out of the Canberra Raiders' clash against the Parramatta Eels. But he's vowed to make his co-captain proud when he takes his place in the centres at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

"He gets everyone up and ready to go. I hate to see it, but at the same time I'll be sure to do my job and make him proud."

Heritage listed: Tapine's double dose of Indigenous Round pride

Having played against Jamal Fogarty and Adam Elliott on the All Stars stage in recent years, proud Maori Joseph Tapine can’t wait to run out alongside his fellow Raiders in the final game of Indigenous Round on Sunday.

“It’s been a big focus this week on playing for the Indigenous boys in our team and I’m looking forward to the emotion in the game,” said Tapine. “For me it’s all about the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander guys this weekend because we are playing in Australia on their land. It’s about recognising their cultures.”

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/26/her ... und-pride/

Woolford loving life in the NRL

At the start of the season Zac Woolford was playing NSW Cup football with the Newtown Jets. Now the hooker is starting for an in-form Canberra Raiders side looking to move into the top eight.

“A roller coaster is a really good way to put it, it has been really surreal. It all obviously happened so fast so just getting my head around playing in the NRL, I haven’t really had time to sit down and have a good think about it,” Woolford said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... n-the-nrl/

MATCH PREVIEW: Raiders v Eels: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=35147

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... rs-v-eels/

VIDEO: Anthony Seibold and Renee Gartner preview the Indigenous Round clash between the Canberra Raiders and Parramatta Eels: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/26/rai ... -round-12/
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I like that bloke.

This place is woke.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm very nervous that we've heard nothing of Croker. It was Tuesday night he popped his shoulder, so even allowing that he likely could not get scans until Wednesday, surely we ought to have heard news by now, even if it is the bad news? It's not like last time where he did it on Friday night and we had to wait out the weekend.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: May 27, 2022, 1:13 pm I'm very nervous that we've heard nothing of Croker. It was Tuesday night he popped his shoulder, so even allowing that he likely could not get scans until Wednesday, surely we ought to have heard news by now, even if it is the bad news? It's not like last time where he did it on Friday night and we had to wait out the weekend.
There's a press report indicating that the club wasn't rushing to have the scans done as it is virtually certain that surgery is required.
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

greeneyed wrote: May 27, 2022, 2:14 pm
raiderskater wrote: May 27, 2022, 1:13 pm I'm very nervous that we've heard nothing of Croker. It was Tuesday night he popped his shoulder, so even allowing that he likely could not get scans until Wednesday, surely we ought to have heard news by now, even if it is the bad news? It's not like last time where he did it on Friday night and we had to wait out the weekend.
There's a press report indicating that the club wasn't rushing to have the scans done as it is virtually certain that surgery is required.
So what you’re saying GE, is that the silence is deafening?