Don Furner

Josh Papalii to play his 250th NRL game

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Josh Papalii to play his 250th NRL game

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I love this guy. One of my all time favourite Raiders. Still remember the game at GIO in 2012 v Paul Gallen. Hope we get the win for him on Sunday.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Another favourite Papa moment for me was v Souths in 2019 and his try to seal the Prelim Final. And before then the Storm comeback win when he scored the try in 2019 at AAMI
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Best human ever.

Congrats on 250 smooth hands.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 17, 2022, 6:37 pm Another favourite Papa moment for me was v Souths in 2019 and his try to seal the Prelim Final. And before then the Storm comeback win when he scored the try in 2019 at AAMI
I think those will be my favourite moments for a long time too. I still remember jumping high enough that I near sprained my ankle on the landing when he scored that try against the Storm. And I'll never forget the way time seemed to slow down when he took the ball in the Prelim. The second he had it, I just knew he would score. It was like slow motion.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

raiderskater wrote: May 17, 2022, 9:46 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 17, 2022, 6:37 pm Another favourite Papa moment for me was v Souths in 2019 and his try to seal the Prelim Final. And before then the Storm comeback win when he scored the try in 2019 at AAMI
I think those will be my favourite moments for a long time too. I still remember jumping high enough that I near sprained my ankle on the landing when he scored that try against the Storm. And I'll never forget the way time seemed to slow down when he took the ball in the Prelim. The second he had it, I just knew he would score. It was like slow motion.
Happened right in front of me ("right in front of my eyes!"). The instant he caught the ball I knew it was coming.

Still, behind the southern posts is generally a **** place to watch a game from.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Love Papa, one of the all time greatest raiders. Get the win for Papa boy's.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Definitely a favourite of mine and an all time great Raider. Congrats on your 250th Papa. I recall watching him come through the lower grades at the Raiders and he was always a stand out.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Great man, 250 on his path to 350

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It really is some achievement, to be only one of three players to have reached 250 games for the club. Every possibility he will be the most capped player, ever, given he’s just turned 30.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 17, 2022, 6:29 pm I love this guy. One of my all time favourite Raiders. Still remember the game at GIO in 2012 v Paul Gallen. Hope we get the win for him on Sunday.
I was there for that, loved every minute of it. It's the first time I met Fergus too, it was back before he hated me :cry:

I was there for that too! Probably my favourite ever Raiders live memory.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Club legend already.

Was an awesome backrower. Now an awesome prop. He's been best in the league or damn close to it in both positions at times. And he's not done yet.

I'll never forget that day he went after Gal and got over him. It was brave as all getout for a 19 year old to just rip into peak Gallen. One of Furner's under-rated masterstrokes as I recall, Papa was a shy kid before that but that game forced him to step up and the NRL was on notice- Papa is here.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Nickman wrote: May 18, 2022, 9:18 am
Hong Kong Raider wrote: May 17, 2022, 6:29 pm I love this guy. One of my all time favourite Raiders. Still remember the game at GIO in 2012 v Paul Gallen. Hope we get the win for him on Sunday.
I was there for that, loved every minute of it. It's the first time I met Fergus too, it was back before he hated me :cry:

I don’t hate anyone on the site and certainly not you.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: May 18, 2022, 10:20 am

Awwww shucks... I love you too, big guy!

Come over here and give me a hug!!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

A genuine legend of the club. Legitimately one of our all time greats.

Some of the games he has pulled out when it has mattered most is a sign of how important he has been to this organisation.

Hard to believe he had once signed for the Eels. Man, that would have been devastating.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah I'd be sad if he left us without winning a comp, he has been that good (even though I think he's been down on form this year overall).
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Rub it in why don’t you. Some of us working class folk are forced to watch these things from afar. I’ve got a special savings account set up so I can buy travel, accomodation and tickets for anything prelim or above. Should be good as long as it we don’t get there before 2035.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

" the grandfinal is soo close for the Raiders, and josh papalii would be the appropriate man TOOO SCOREEEEE!!!!!!!, what a moment"
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Begbie wrote:

Rub it in why don’t you. Some of us working class folk are forced to watch these things from afar. I’ve got a special savings account set up so I can buy travel, accomodation and tickets for anything prelim or above. Should be good as long as it we don’t get there before 2035.
safe bet Beggers

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'll not forget Willie Mason talking to the bench at the Tamworth trial whatever year that was, "who is that in 11? he's massive oh no that's Papalii look how big he is now tell Wayne I'm not on his side of the field I'm not running anywhere near him"

Edrick The Entertainer
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Papa🙌🏾🙌🏾💚💚
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

As others have mentioned the try vs Souths in 2019 stands out , the crowd erupting , we knew then we were off to the GF. I will remember and treasure that forever.
One of the best maneuvers he did was his backflip on Parra
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

LimeGreenMachine wrote:As others have mentioned the try vs Souths in 2019 stands out , the crowd erupting , we knew then we were off to the GF. I will remember and treasure that forever.
One of the best maneuvers he did was his backflip on Parra
That moment (try) was amazing. Such a great experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Every time I’m fortunate enough to go and watch the boys train away, prepare or any time I get to meet the boys behind the scenes, Big Papa is always there with us fans to make sure we get to meet, greet, get signatures on merch, whatever, he can’t do enough for the fans, such a humble human from such a humble background, love BIG PAPA!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

One of the all time great Raiders. His try in the preliminary final and the jubilation afterwards at Canberra Stadium stands as one of my favourite ever sporting moments.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Papalii reflects on Canberra Raiders career ahead of 250th NRL game

It hasn't been all sunshine. Josh Papalii's "played pretty crap" on occasions. Brilliantly on others. But the Canberra Raiders prop's journey to 250 NRL games has been one where he's given his all for the Green Machine.

"It's been a tough one. Throughout the 250 games it hasn't been all sunshine," he said. "I've been dropped a few times in my 250 games and I've played pretty crap some games and some good games.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

VIDEO: Josh Papalii's teammates talk about his greatest moments in the leadup to his 250th game: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... h-papalii/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart hails Canberra Raiders milestone man Josh Papalii

The leadership and consistency of Canberra's Josh Papalii has been hailed by coach Ricky Stuart ahead of the front-rower's 250th NRL match.

"(He) doesn't like to be singled out but he deserves to be singled out on this occasion," Stuart said. "The form that he is in, consistency that he's played his career - the 250 games - I don't think I've coached a game of Josh where he's had a bad game... 250 first-grade games is a massive feat."

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6868507

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I'm very proud of Papa

To have seen him go from a shy young boy who avoided eye contact at members events and struggled talking to the media into the confident leader he is today is a joy to see.

To watch him interacting with the kids, other fans, talking with the media is fabulous.

This is the extra cherry on top when you have a player who is a one club man. To us older fans it means something more
Vaccinated
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: May 18, 2022, 11:36 am
greeneyed wrote: May 18, 2022, 10:20 am

Awwww shucks... I love you too, big guy!

Come over here and give me a hug!!
I want in on this - let me squeeze in on this hug :thumbsup
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart's two favourite memories of Josh Papalii ahead of 250th NRL game

They're Ricky Stuart's two favourite Josh Papalii moments. One's fairly obvious - that try against the South Sydney Rabbitohs in the 2019 Preliminary Final. But the second one? It's when Papalii backflipped on his deal to shift to the Parramatta Eels in 2013.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

That's a great video of Papa's son.