-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: 2022 Rd 11 V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:03 pm
-PJ- wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:02 pm
dubby wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:59 pm
-PJ- wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:58 pm Happy Sunday everybody.

Up to 9th with a bullet.
Speaking of bullets, how's the monster?
Somehow she lives.
Only by your mercy, PJ
I’m very gentle.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I actually think Ultima was correct in his initial post
the refereeing today was terrible, he blew the **** pea out of it for both sides. I dont think it really favoured any team, just felt like he wanted to be the star of the show.
The Greenhouse
Don Furner

Post by The Greenhouse »

MATCH REPORT: Flu beauty: Josh Papalii leads Canberra Raiders to win over South Sydney Rabbitohs

It wasn't just Josh Papalii's 250th NRL game that set the tone for the Canberra Raiders. It was the big man himself. He was brilliant in leading the Green Machine to an emphatic 32-12 victory over an insipid South Sydney at Dubbo on Sunday.

But the win could have come at a cost with fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad forced off at half-time with a hamstring injury - opening the door for exciting young fullback Xavier Savage.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 32 (Nick Cotric, Josh Papalii, Hudson Young, Sebastian Kris, Matt Timoko, Xavier Savage tries; Jordan Rapana 4 goals) bt SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS 12 (Damien Cook, Alex Johnston tries; Blake Taaffe 2 goals) at Dubbo. Referee: Peter Gough.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/22/mat ... v-raiders/

MATCH REPORT: Raiders put Rabbitohs to sword in Papalii's milestone match: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/22/rai ... one-match/

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders celebrate Papalii's 250th with third straight win: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... aight-win/

Bunnies’ 64-point ‘curse’ as big spine headache looms; ‘key’ to unlocking Wighton: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c7c1a160b6

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-11/

Rabbitohs: https://www.nrl.com/watch/matches/telst ... -round-11/

GALLERY: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/n ... =775738514

MOMENT OF THE WEEK: Sebastian Kris try: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... e-raiders/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... rabbitohs/

Last edited by The Greenhouse on May 22, 2022, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Greenhouse score update service
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I don’t think the Bunnies will make the 8.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

Billy Walker wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:04 pm
Ultima wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:55 pm
Rickmando wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:51 pm
Ultima wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:49 pm We are lucky we played this POS ref out of ruining this game... His calls have been atrocious...
Change the record, please!
No thanks, I'm going to call out ****... The ref let around two forward passes, which weren't "50/50" calls they were metres forward, and at least six knock on's go... Only thing worse than Rabbitoh's performance was the ref.
The ref had zero impact on the game and the raiders got the rub of the green if anything. Geez your life must be hard to live with a victim mentality so big you’re focussed on nothing over an outstanding win. I feel for you.
One of the alts making an appearance..
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Billy Walker wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:04 pm
Ultima wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:55 pm
Rickmando wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:51 pm
Ultima wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:49 pm We are lucky we played this POS ref out of ruining this game... His calls have been atrocious...
No thanks, I'm going to call out ****... The ref let around two forward passes, which weren't "50/50" calls they were metres forward, and at least six knock on's go... Only thing worse than Rabbitoh's performance was the ref.
The ref had zero impact on the game and the raiders got the rub of the green if anything. Geez your life must be hard to live with a victim mentality so big you’re focussed on nothing over an outstanding win. I feel for you.
Ultima is a very passionate and expressive poster. Sometimes over the top, but that's emotion.

Today, I think the ref was sloppy and while he didn't cost us a win, he made some astounding decisions.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Greenhouse wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:07 pm
Imagine being a Raiders fan who doesnt think this is a guy that is worth giving playing and development time too
There is a but a handful of players in the game who can beat the angles with speed like that.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

He may not be a superstar but when we get the steady hand of Fogarty back playing over Schneider we will improve.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

I thought the ref was shocking,but for both sides. Strong performance by Papa and Tarps,Young too. Good team effort.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Thomas Raider wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:19 pm I thought the ref was shocking,but for both sides. Strong performance by Papa and Tarps,Young too. Good team effort.
Agree on ref.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Botman wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:17 pm
The Greenhouse wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:07 pm
Imagine being a Raiders fan who doesnt think this is a guy that is worth giving playing and development time too
There is a but a handful of players in the game who can beat the angles with speed like that.
He has the best "footy speed" since Billy Slater. Doesn't mean he'll be as good as him, but it's a great starting point
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Our best players were all forwards. When Papa, Tarps, Young, Elliot and Hors do what they are there to do then everything becomes easier for everyone else.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

Also I might add that we've looked better since germ junior has been hooker,the service noticeably declined with Starling on today
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Thomas Raider wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:24 pm Also I might add that we've looked better since germ junior has been hooker,the service noticeably declined with Starling on today
Woolford didn’t have one run in his 27 minutes.

He is a pass-first hooked and I think that benefits the team. Or at least compliments the team with Starling being so different.
Ron78
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Ron78 »

Rickmando wrote:
Ultima wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:49 pm We are lucky we played this ref out of ruining this game... His calls have been atrocious...
Lol….the irony…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

President Clinton wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:26 pm
Thomas Raider wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:24 pm Also I might add that we've looked better since germ junior has been hooker,the service noticeably declined with Starling on today
Woolford didn’t have one run in his 27 minutes.

He is a pass-first hooked and I think that benefits the team. Or at least compliments the team with Starling being so different.
And as we saw last week he knows when to run when he set up the match winning try
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

We’ll that was fun today, great team performance with a few poor handling errors in the ptb, that could be down to fatigue from last weeks effort.

I really hope Fog back for Parra next week.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Wasn’t following along today so probably already mentioned. But that’d be the first time a team has beaten the PM’s team twice in the space of a week!

20-0 half time in both too.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ron78 wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:28 pm
Rickmando wrote:
Lol….the irony…..

Hasn't gone unnoticed
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

dubby wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:01 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:59 pm
Greenev wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:57 pm Real talk - Is Papa among our top 5 best players of all time?
He's the best Raiders forward of all time
Hard to argue, but gee......Brad Clyde? Steve Walters? Ruben Wiki? Lazarus?
In my opinion I only have Clyde ahead of him with him on par with Lazarus, just think about how much better again papalli would be if he played during the era these guys did

Overall I only have Mal, Ricky, Laurie and Clyde ahead of him ( I think Lazarus is an overall better player but Papas impact on raiders has been subjectively better )
It is hard though with people like Mullins, Belcher, Wiki also in the frame..
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I'm really pleased. I think we're on an upward trend .

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mission accomplished 2 competition points. Tapine would have been my man of the match. Very happy to see Papa get a try in his 250th match for the Raiders. Some sensational Raiders play on both sides of the football. I was very impressed with some of the defensive play. The Kris try was a skill stand out and the Timoko try was all about determination as was Papa's.

Schneider's practice kicks were just like he kicked during the match. Definitely some issues there. When Adam Elliott was replaced late in the first half he was walking along the dead ball line and Papa, who had been replaced earlier made the effort to walk to the Northern end of the field to shake his hand and embrace Elliott as he came from the field. Quality man is Papa.

Raiders just outside the 8 on for and against. Going for 4 in a row against the Eels next Sunday.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

One of those famous flu has been running through camp in the lead up to the game ambushes like Origin every 2nd year
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

dubby wrote:
Ron78 wrote: May 22, 2022, 4:28 pm
Rickmando wrote:
Lol….the irony…..

Hasn't gone unnoticed
Amazing really.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

RedRaider wrote: May 22, 2022, 5:11 pm Mission accomplished 2 competition points. Tapine would have been my man of the match. Very happy to see Papa get a try in his 250th match for the Raiders. Some sensational Raiders play on both sides of the football. I was very impressed with some of the defensive play. The Kris try was a skill stand out and the Timoko try was all about determination as was Papa's.

Schneider's practice kicks were just like he kicked during the match. Definitely some issues there. When Adam Elliott was replaced late in the first half he was walking along the dead ball line and Papa, who had been replaced earlier made the effort to walk to the Northern end of the field to shake his hand and embrace Elliott as he came from the field. Quality man is Papa.

Raiders just outside the 8 on for and against. Going for 4 in a row against the Eels next Sunday.
Completely agree on Tapine Red. Absolutely huge today, played big minutes without losing his impact. He is putting together one hell of a season, he’s put this team on his back every single week.

We are a great shout of turning the eels over next week - but it’s an absolute must that we stick with todays expansive game plan and mentality.
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

Apologies if it has been said but what was the reasoning behind Schneider coming back in for Frawley?

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Think Frawley had the flu that was going round
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: May 22, 2022, 5:31 pm Think Frawley had the flu that was going round
Ricky said gastro in the press conference... but then that's a symptom of flu too.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Blogger »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:59 pm
Greenev wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:57 pm Real talk - Is Papa among our top 5 best players of all time?
He's the best Raiders forward of all time
Debateable. I would have Lazarus and Clyde in front of him - both of whom won multiple Premierships.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 22, 2022, 3:35 pm "Savage might not make it in the NRL' 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
I guess that was directed at me.

Less than two minutes after you posted this, he went in with an odd little 'hands' tackle while moving across in cover, missed it and conceded a try.

He did well today overall, and I quite honestly hope he goes on to play for Australia. I'm just not quite buying the hype yet.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Risking the hate but how was Elliott today?
Green Machine 2011
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Machine 2011 »

sprintman wrote: May 22, 2022, 6:52 pm Risking the hate but how was Elliott today?
Not bad, not great, fairly solid. Limited minutes.

I’d start CHN and have Elliot on the bench (or 18th, pending team make up)
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Green Machine 2011 wrote: May 22, 2022, 7:10 pm
sprintman wrote: May 22, 2022, 6:52 pm Risking the hate but how was Elliott today?
Not bad, not great, fairly solid. Limited minutes.

I’d start CHN and have Elliot on the bench (or 18th, pending team make up)
Nothing wrong with solid.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Thomas Raider wrote:Also I might add that we've looked better since germ junior has been hooker,the service noticeably declined with Starling on today
Starling's service out of dummy half has to be the worst in the NRL. Fantastic running game and he is clearly hard as nails, but his passing to the right is particularly slow and his direction is all over the shop.

It's obvious why Stuart is still looking for options to start the game.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk