6%

Total votes: 16

GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 11 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by GreenMachine »

The Savage comments are bizarre IMO.
Basically confirmation that Ricky “hears” the fan criticism and in retaliation, tries to justify his continued non - selection of the player.
Savage is basically a pawn for Ricky to bash the fans with.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Matt wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: May 18, 2022, 8:13 pm
Matt wrote:
greeneyed wrote: May 18, 2022, 6:27 pm Just to put in a bit more context… Ricky says he wants to see more Savage on the field, needs to learn more about positional play, game awareness, not far away.
It's BS. Ricky it's not the 80s. Throw him in the deep end and stop trying to coach the ability out of the young guys.

There are 3 or 4 young guys that should have played or be playing.
Yep, that's exactly the culture we're after...

C'mon now Matthew.

What would Craig Bellamy do?

Exactly what Stuart is doing.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
Bellamy plays the kids every single time. He expects them to play the roll of the guy ahead if him. "Next man up" is the Storm philosophy. They train that way, so they are ready to do it. None of this "pick the experienced guy coz the rookie might make an error".

Ricky tells them they aren't able to do stuff - and in Savages case, has called him out publicly twice. He simplifies everything. Savage, with freedom last yr, looked money. This yr, he looks like a caged animal.
Sorry, I don't buy that narrative at all.

Decent coaches don't throw kids in the deep end without them demonstrating some level of commitment and application at training. There is no way it's as simple as telling a teenager that they are the "next man up" and expecting them to perform at a first grade level.

The kids Bellamy brings through looked prepared because they *are* prepared.

Savage can barely figure out where the **** sidelines are, not to mention a poor training attitude. It's not good enough.

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

8 players could be out due to flu...
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 19, 2022, 4:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:
greeneyed wrote: May 18, 2022, 6:27 pm Just to put in a bit more context… Ricky says he wants to see more Savage on the field, needs to learn more about positional play, game awareness, not far away.
It's BS. Ricky it's not the 80s. Throw him in the deep end and stop trying to coach the ability out of the young guys.

C'mon now Matthew.

Bellamy plays the kids every single time. He expects them to play the roll of the guy ahead if him. "Next man up" is the Storm philosophy. They train that way, so they are ready to do it. None of this "pick the experienced guy coz the rookie might make an error".

Ricky tells them they aren't able to do stuff - and in Savages case, has called him out publicly twice. He simplifies everything. Savage, with freedom last yr, looked money. This yr, he looks like a caged animal.

Decent coaches don't throw kids in the deep end without them demonstrating some level of commitment and application at training. There is no way it's as simple as telling a teenager that they are the "next man up" and expecting them to perform at a first grade level.

Savage can barely figure out where the **** sidelines are, not to mention a poor training attitude. It's not good enough.

Trying to be balanced here. I think Stuart is an emotional coach and he does by into fan sentiment about selection.

This was obvious from the post match press conference after the second Cowboys loss (Savage got dragged into touch) where Stuart used the opportunity emphasis this. His response gave it away... putting it down to the reason Savage got dragged out was because of the wrong play and pointed to his inexperience. He also referenced the fact there was an expectation we would attack better.

The biggest fault on the coaching staff is that our attack is soooo soooooo poor. We look hopeless in attack.

I do think he is a good coach.

Anyway i have faith that things will improve.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

WHAT ? up to 8 players out with the flu ????????
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Eight Canberra Raiders fighting to be fit for South Sydney Rabbitohs clash in Dubbo

The flu has rocked the Raiders with up to eight squad members struggling and Ricky Stuart unaware who will be available to play until 24-hours before kick-off. The club have segregated the sick players from the healthy squad members leaving coach Ricky Stuart with only the Raiders’ slated captain’s run on Saturday to determine who is fit.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 68de356454

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... df36d538a2

VIDEO: Anthony Seibold and Renee Gartner preview the Round 11 match between the Rabbitohs and Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/19/rab ... -round-11/
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Dammit, I was worried about this the second I heard about the Dogs, and after Elliott's out last week.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: May 19, 2022, 6:04 pm Eight Canberra Raiders fighting to be fit for South Sydney Rabbitohs clash in Dubbo

The flu has rocked the Raiders with up to eight squad members struggling and Ricky Stuart unaware who will be available to play until 24-hours before kick-off. The club have segregated the sick players from the healthy squad members leaving coach Ricky Stuart with only the Raiders’ slated captain’s run on Saturday to determine who is fit.

A cup of cement and get on with it.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Only first teamers I couldn't see in training pics were Cotric, Kris, Whitehead and Horse. Unless I'm missing anyone?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: May 18, 2022, 8:43 pm I said in the off season that very little that I had seen of Savage suggested to me that he was demanding first grade selection, or even that he would have a first grade career, and very little I have seen of him since says otherwise.
Im not even going to argue against most of this. Im more bullish on him being a future FGer on the wing because i think guys like him can always find a club. But there is certainly a good chance he's not an NRL fullback, and a reasonable chance he's not a quality NRL player...

But the simple reality here is we are going no where in 2022. You know it, i know it, Stuart knows it, Savage knows it, Dave the Barman at Castaway island sure as hell knows it. His ears are bleeding having heard all about it.

IMO, we CAN NOT come out of 2022 knowing NOTHING about Savage at this level. Which so far we know nothing more than we did in 2021.

If he's not any good, he's not any good! No problem. At least we know. If he's a guy who flashes and shows a little something, that's fine too, and of course if he's a star great.
But we have to go into the 2023 off season having SOME idea of what we've got in guys like him. We have that know with Schnieder, and we can now probably make some internal plans about that position and that player. We simply MUST afford guys like Savage, Ruston, Trevilyan and other young blokes some GENUINE opportunities so we know who of this young crop of players can survive and perhaps be building blocks of the rebuild. And if the answer is none of them, whilst that is disappointing, getting some info on that now in 2022, when it's a lost season, rather than delaying that process until 2023 is to the most valuable thing that we could achieve in 2022.

And from ive seen and i plan to watch the entire game tomorrow... Savage was on for 10 minutes and made the most athletic play in the game, that saved a try in a critical moment. So he's doing stuff that impacts games.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

-PJ- wrote: May 19, 2022, 6:18 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 19, 2022, 6:04 pm Eight Canberra Raiders fighting to be fit for South Sydney Rabbitohs clash in Dubbo

A cup of cement and get on with it.
O.P. rum works better for me PJ.

I hope the squad have had their flu shots.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

2022 Rd 11 V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Postman Pat »

The team might be made up of the boys at Papa 250 celebration.

I can see no Whitehead, Semi, Cotric and CNK at first look.

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Postman Pat wrote:The team might be made up of the boys at Papa 250 celebration.

I can't see Horsburgh, Guler, Sutton or kris

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

If we have a bunch of player laid low with the flu then it's the right week for it (other than bye week). We put in a massive effort last week in very humid conditions. I expect the team to be a bit flat this week as a result, especially with back to back travel. If we have to wash a game then this is the one.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

I still want Milford back
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:The team might be made up of the boys at Papa 250 celebration.

Whitehead and cotric didn't sound great in the video they put up for papa's 250

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Sid wrote: May 19, 2022, 8:09 pm

Suttgod is there Sid.

Next to Croker, behind Frawls.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Botman wrote: May 19, 2022, 6:59 pm
T_R wrote: May 18, 2022, 8:43 pm I said in the off season that very little that I had seen of Savage suggested to me that he was demanding first grade selection, or even that he would have a first grade career, and very little I have seen of him since says otherwise.
Im not even going to argue against most of this. Im more bullish on him being a future FGer on the wing because i think guys like him can always find a club. But there is certainly a good chance he's not an NRL fullback, and a reasonable chance he's not a quality NRL player...

But the simple reality here is we are going no where in 2022. You know it, i know it, Stuart knows it, Savage knows it, Dave the Barman at Castaway island sure as hell knows it. His ears are bleeding having heard all about it.

IMO, we CAN NOT come out of 2022 knowing NOTHING about Savage at this level. Which so far we know nothing more than we did in 2021.

If he's not any good, he's not any good! No problem. At least we know. If he's a guy who flashes and shows a little something, that's fine too, and of course if he's a star great.
But we have to go into the 2023 off season having SOME idea of what we've got in guys like him. We have that know with Schnieder, and we can now probably make some internal plans about that position and that player. We simply MUST afford guys like Savage, Ruston, Trevilyan and other young blokes some GENUINE opportunities so we know who of this young crop of players can survive and perhaps be building blocks of the rebuild. And if the answer is none of them, whilst that is disappointing, getting some info on that now in 2022, when it's a lost season, rather than delaying that process until 2023 is to the most valuable thing that we could achieve in 2022.

And from ive seen and i plan to watch the entire game tomorrow... Savage was on for 10 minutes and made the most athletic play in the game, that saved a try in a critical moment. So he's doing stuff that impacts games.
Well said. I completely agree with you.
Mooney, Trevilyan, Savage, Rushton and a few others have plenty of potential. This year is moot, let's see what they can do against the big boys.
thevikingclap on ig
Peter Jackson

Post by thevikingclap on ig »

Out of the 24 players named the squad for this weekend I’ve seen 18 in photos and 13/17 players named in the side. Below is the list of players either in the gallery via the Raiders website and the image above.

In images
- CNK* (in gallery image but not in group photo)
- Wighton
- Rapana
- Young
- Savage
- Frawley
- Papalii
- Tapine
- Sutton
- Timoko
- CHN
- Starling
- Woolford
- Schneider
- Treviliyan
- Rushton
- Schiller
- Elliott

Not in images
- Kris
- Whitehead
- Horsburgh
- Cotric
- Guler
- Mooney
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Kris/CNK/Cotric would be a big dent in the backline. It's obviously Savage next cab off rank, then Schiller and ???

Maybe Schneider goes into the halves and Wighton to centre 😏
thevikingclap on ig
Peter Jackson

Post by thevikingclap on ig »

I think CNK will play. If Cotric and Kris are out Savage and Schiller would come in, in CNK doesn’t play id say
1. Rapana
2. Savage
3. CHN
4. Timoko
5. Schiller
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

If the list above is what we're working with and you don't move Wighton then we might be seeing a Morkos Debut. Overall this is some pretty grim reading.

1. CNK
2. Savage
3. Morkos
4. Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Wighton
7. Frawley
8. Sutton
9. Woolford
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. CHN
13. Rushton

14. Starling
15. Schiller
16. Elliot
17. Papali'i
Last edited by zim on May 19, 2022, 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

We still have 2 full days before we play.
If we played tomorrow like the dogs I would be more worried
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As pointed out… CNK trained today… you have to look at these pics too:

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... rabbitohs/
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Seiffert82 wrote: May 19, 2022, 4:14 pm
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:

C'mon now Matthew.

Ok... Look at Cobbo this yr, he looked lost, and was borderline awful to start the yr. Wasnt up to the speed. Didnt understand the physicality. Look at him now!

He's had 10 games this yr and evolved and learnt in ever single 1. Why is he playing? Coz every blind Freddy can see the talent. Now he is in Origin contention.

We might not have a Cobbo, but how do we know when they sit in reggies all yr learning nothing about playing 1st grade?!?

I look at the likes of Schnieder last yr, Savage and Rushton now, and can see what happens when u blood these guys.

ITS A YOUNG MANS GAME!

So yes, get the out there. Not sit them in reserves for 5yrs, coz they will walk before then.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

We need to get Botman to say Savage is low key ****. Worked wonders for Cobbo. T_R just doesn't have the power, or maybe he does and this is the turning point.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: May 19, 2022, 10:21 pm We need to get Botman to say Savage is low key ****. Worked wonders for Cobbo. T_R just doesn't have the power, or maybe he does and this is the turning point.
:lol: indeed!
Cobbo had me doing the ol collar pull on his performance tonight! :lol:
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

I couldn't believe they did so well without Reynolds. I made fantasy changes that could have screwed me! Thankfully my opponent made even worse ones. Cobbo punched a 123 from his non-scorers :lol:
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

It's pretty funny that the whole don't go to work when you're sick theme (which really always should have been the case) just goes straight out the window for games of football.

It's not like they're in close quarters with anyone when doing so.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Hoping the club will roll out the flu vaccines for those who want them next year. 2-3 missing is much easier to plan around.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

zim wrote: May 20, 2022, 10:52 am Hoping the club will roll out the flu vaccines for those who want them next year. 2-3 missing is much easier to plan around.
I'd guess they offered vaccinations for flu this year. It is also an oddly timed comment when all the players that oppose vaccinations seem to be doing just fine.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm yet to see anything from Savage to demand he plays a full game of nrl.

I think people want him to be better than he is.

It's like people wake up, make an opinion about the team and blame Ricky for not fulfilling their fantasy
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Further, let's not forget Ricky gave Milford a fair shot years ago. And they're both that fast, dynamic sort of player.

But Milf went to Brisbane, played one good season, ate a horse and got lazy
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Boomercm wrote: May 20, 2022, 11:24 am
zim wrote: May 20, 2022, 10:52 am Hoping the club will roll out the flu vaccines for those who want them next year. 2-3 missing is much easier to plan around.
I'd guess they offered vaccinations for flu this year. It is also an oddly timed comment when all the players that oppose vaccinations seem to be doing just fine.
What makes you guess they offered them with zero information to go on? As far as I know the covid vaccine is the first time they organized a program like that.
Exactly what is oddly time about wanting to plan ahead for this scenario next year as a post mortem?
If you think they offered them, and you have no idea who took it up, you have no idea who opposed the vaccine. Your post just makes no sense.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Rickmando wrote: May 19, 2022, 11:10 am Rick is a boomer who has a poor grasp of modern rugby league. We will get rid of him eventually but not before he sucks the natural footballing instincts out of a few more up and comers…
Exactly! Ricky was a great player but he does not have the temperament, skill-set or vision to be a successful coach in the modern game. His bench management alone is woeful.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023