Total votes: 10

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
dubby wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: May 15, 2022, 3:53 pm Sharks 54% possession. Penalties/6 agains 13-5 in their favour. 3 players binned. Still got pasted by 20. Bad luck fellas.
Look, we did some dumb things, but when Wade Graham can knock the ball loose and get it back it just shows how inept officialdom is in the nrl
That was partially poor from the ref, and it’s why they have the challenge system.

We completely wasted ours listening to Rapa carry on like he always does, it might not have happened if Elliot was still out there. The system is there to fix that and we stuffed it up seconds earlier.
I would argue we didn’t waste our challenge.

I don’t care what the ref said about “you can only challenge going into touch”. The video ref has shown week in and week out that they can and do rule on other aspects of the play once it is challenged. That’s why teams are giving deliberate penalties away.

Also the video ref definitely gave an opinion during the review that the tackle was not complete. That was clearly false by the rules of the game.

All round a bad situation created by the NRL being inconsistent on what the video ref can do, and not applying the rules correctly.
Agreed. The bunker clearly put his blinkers on to support the on field decision. It was either Brailey or Moylan clearly still had a hand on CNK. If it's at the other end of the field and he gets up and scores a try it would be a double movement.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

dubby wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:36 pm
Canberra Milk wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:33 pm
CRaid wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:31 pm Is there any player that some supporters here might want to hate on this week ??
Of course, it's a bag the player's forum after all

:lol:

Honestly though, Kris......what did you think of this win
Extremely satisfying, loving it. Knocking off a big scalp in magic round and the way we did it, fighting off a number of possible turning points... Very good
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That was orgasmic.

Every now and then they give us a reason to love them again.

THATis our best win of the season..lock it in..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I wish we played Crudnulla every week.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

dubby wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:12 pm
kona_dream wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:05 pm I am freaking out here. Can someone please confirm Zac’s contract position. If he is outside the top let’s give him a pay rise to move him inside. His passing looks crisp , even before his last play.
From what I understand, he's outside our top 30.
does that matter after round 10?
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

There's little better than knocking off a big scalp when no one gives us a chance. Especially being up 20 blot. And in a rare round where everyone's watching... I guess I'm not so different from Ricky - I love shoving it in people's faces 😂
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

The Sharks can breathe easy.

We ain’t playing finals.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

dubby wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:29 pm I wasn't overly impressed with Frawley. His kicking game was not great
I thought his first half kicking was very good Dubs. The first try to Kris was from a bomb coming down about a meter from the Sharks line. He put up another good one over the Shark line but CNK knocked it on trying to take it with one hand and it went forward to Cotric for no try. He then put up another good bomb which Rapa took and passes to Cotric who goes over, but Rapa was in front of Frawley when he kicked the ball. It was potentially 3 tries rather than one if the chasers had been on side or used 2 hands to try to catch the ball.

In the second half he was fatigued and I thought, given the players in the sin bin, they needed to use the grubber into the in goal to get the ball back and run down the clock. Schneider did it towards the end of the match.

I thought the short line drop outs by Rapa was a vote of confidence in the defensive line. We didn't get the ball back from them so the Sharks were close to our line. But the Raider players all kept getting numbers into the tackle and kept moving from edge to edge so there were no overlaps created even though we were short of players. Outstanding by the Raiders
Last edited by RedRaider on May 15, 2022, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Can't believe we have been playing Frawley and Elliott at hooker ahead of Woolford.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:51 pm Can't believe we have been playing Frawley and Elliott at hooker ahead of Woolford.
He was very impressive, and should be selected next week.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
dubby wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: May 15, 2022, 3:53 pm Sharks 54% possession. Penalties/6 agains 13-5 in their favour. 3 players binned. Still got pasted by 20. Bad luck fellas.
Look, we did some dumb things, but when Wade Graham can knock the ball loose and get it back it just shows how inept officialdom is in the nrl
That was partially poor from the ref, and it’s why they have the challenge system.

We completely wasted ours listening to Rapa carry on like he always does, it might not have happened if Elliot was still out there. The system is there to fix that and we stuffed it up seconds earlier.

I don’t care what the ref said about “you can only challenge going into touch”. The video ref has shown week in and week out that they can and do rule on other aspects of the play once it is challenged. That’s why teams are giving deliberate penalties away.

Also the video ref definitely gave an opinion during the review that the tackle was not complete. That was clearly false by the rules of the game.

All round a bad situation created by the NRL being inconsistent on what the video ref can do, and not applying the rules correctly.
Agreed. The bunker clearly put his blinkers on to support the on field decision. It was either Brailey or Moylan clearly still had a hand on CNK. If it's at the other end of the field and he gets up and scores a try it would be a double movement.
There was literally just a try scoring situation in the Parramatta game where Simonsson was on the ground with a hand on him and it was deemed tackle complete. It's been the rule and officiated that way for a number of seasons now. It was the incorrect call from the bunker and the referee to not award that our penalty. And obviously compound it by making up a knock on call which was clear as day knocked out by Cronulla, finally leading a try.

So I believe Rapana had a right to challenge that.

And I'm still not convinced their first try was legitimate, either. Nikora as the decoy runs through the line and knocks over CNK who is covering the sweep from fullback. Not even a second look at it. CNK probably isn't getting there but that isn't the rule, hes impeded the right to get there.

Glad it didn't cost us the game because those were some BS calls.

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
dubby wrote:

Moylan went straight over CNK to the point CNK got up to run not play the ball, CNK was not tackled. We’d all be blowing up if that got called held in another part of the field and CNK couldn’t get up and keep running.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

We’re a much better team when Wighton isn’t on the field.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley

Post by Canberra Milk »

Postman Pat wrote: May 15, 2022, 4:56 pm
gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote:
dubby wrote:

Moylan went straight over CNK to the point CNK got up to run not play the ball, CNK was not tackled. We’d all be blowing up if that got called held in another part of the field and CNK couldn’t get up and keep running.
Pending seeing replay, I totally agree. That was not a completed tackle and CNK knew it

He should have just stayed on the ground like everyone else does in that position. Or crawl forward
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Its 100% a completed tackle whether he gets up to go again or not. The ball is on the ground and a defender arm is on him.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Canberra Milk wrote:
gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Postman Pat wrote: That was partially poor from the ref, and it’s why they have the challenge system.

Pending seeing replay, I totally agree. That was not a completed tackle and CNK knew it

He should have just stayed on the ground like everyone else does in that position. Or crawl forward
You should watch the replay because I’m sorry that’s wrong. A hand remains on him at all times while he’s on the ground.

Arguably CNK was going to try and go again. But fact is he shouldn’t have been allowed. He was tackled.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Surprised Brayley and Moylan aren’t on the ‘tip sheet’ for forward passes.

Looked a few forward ones on TV, but a mate at the ground who’s a Roosters fan called me to congratulate us on a good game said even the non Raiders fans around him were blowing up about the number of forward passes not getting called.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Really happy with the win today. Great defence under pressure.

Woolford played really well with his clean passes. Tapine was awesome, same with Papa and Young in defence. Kris in attack and defence and Frawley in the first half were good. Cotric was more involved
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

I only watched the first 20 minutes but seemed a different team out there attitude wise,young germ looked good too. Have watched the highlights and I hope we sign him for next year and AElliot can go elsewhere!!
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Makaveli wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:01 pm Its 100% a completed tackle whether he gets up to go again or not. The ball is on the ground and a defender arm is on him.

Exactly!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Gotta give Cotric a big wrap for that run that helped setup the quick play the ball for Woolford to setup Schneider.

Cotric hit the ball at pace running straight. Too often he starts going sideways. But this was a perfectly timed run and focus on a quick PTB.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

What a gutsy win was great atmosphere at the game.. Us raiders supporters were loud.. So glad to have been here and I won the milk book pre game.. Awesome day

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Actually same Roosters mate said the flick pass from Manu was forward out of the hands and bounced further forward.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

gangrenous wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:
gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote: I would argue we didn’t waste our challenge.

You should watch the replay because I’m sorry that’s wrong. A hand remains on him at all times while he’s on the ground.

Arguably CNK was going to try and go again. But fact is he shouldn’t have been allowed. He was tackled.
I think we all need to watch the replay, I’m sure Moylan slips completely off CNK
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

BJ wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:09 pm Gotta give Cotric a big wrap for that run that helped setup the quick play the ball for Woolford to setup Schneider.

Cotric hit the ball at pace running straight. Too often he starts going sideways. But this was a perfectly timed run and focus on a quick PTB.
Cotric has had two very strong games in a row imo. Looking much better
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Young Germ looked like he belongs in first grade - just had that presence like the old man. I also noticed he also had the mouth; I noticed him yapping away whenever the cameras weee on him behind play
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Pete Cash wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:16 pm
BJ wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:09 pm Gotta give Cotric a big wrap for that run that helped setup the quick play the ball for Woolford to setup Schneider.

I agre, except for that dumb ass play when he kicked up a sideways bomb towards the end.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Begbie wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:17 pm

I agre, except for that dumb ass play when he kicked up a sideways bomb towards the end.
Yeah that was tackle 3.

More brains required.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Raiders..beating Crapnulla for fun.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

-PJ- wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:22 pm Raiders..beating Crapnulla for fun.
9 in a row i hear :roflmao
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Postman Pat wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
Canberra Milk wrote:
gergreg wrote:Agreed. The bunker clearly put his blinkers on to support the on field decision. It was either Brailey or Moylan clearly still had a hand on CNK. If it's at the other end of the field and he gets up and scores a try it would be a double movement.

I think we all need to watch the replay, I’m sure Moylan slips completely off CNK
He is on the ground and Moylan puts a hand on him - tackled. Moylan slides over, for a split second his hand comes away, then he replaces it and continues to maintain a hand on him sliding down to hold his leg. He then lets go and allows CNK gets up (and on replay I actually think it looks more like he is going to play the ball). Then he’s illegally tackled.

It was a tackle.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

It was my first magic round, travelled up from Sydney, and the boys made the effort worthwhile. Gee the ref made it tough for us and that made it all the more satisfying! Up the milk!
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

-PJ- wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:22 pm
Begbie wrote: May 15, 2022, 5:17 pm

Yeah that was tackle 3.

More brains required.
There was some utterly crazy decisions out there. The team takes years off my life lol

Stick really has put together a team of lunatics
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I am sooooooooo proud of the boys today, that was one gutsy win!
Few things I noticed

- we seemed to gel more as a team, no Adam Elliott? Coincidence? I'm telling you he is bad news that guy

- as an older raiders fan seeing zac play was just like watching his dad! Runs the same, plays the ball from dummy half the same, ahhhh the nostalgia!!

- I get why Ricky didnt blow up at the reffing during the presser but would of liked him to say more. It is more impactful when you win and stops you looking like you're just blaming the ref for the loss. First 30min I thought the ref wasn't too bad, hey we might have gotten a few rubs of the green, after that wow! Wow!wow!

- glad we have 7 days recovery! That was tough!!

- raiders fans at the game well done!! You looked awesome!!
Vaccinated
Hillsraider
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Mark McLinden

Post by Hillsraider »

Sid wrote: May 15, 2022, 3:32 pm It is not up to the referee to rubber band match results like crash bandicoot racing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
:roflmao

Love the reference, the beeping when a missile is on your ass still triggers me