BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Teams and Previews

Post by BadnMean »

Crash Ball wrote: May 10, 2022, 4:49 pm
BadnMean wrote: May 10, 2022, 2:04 pm
BJ wrote: May 10, 2022, 1:44 pm
TongueFTW wrote:Thought this was an excellent article and highlights why the Sharks have been so dangerous in attack:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/05/10/i ... rl-attack/
Top shelf article. Don’t you wish we had more of this in rugby league journalism. Not just a Buzz puff piece.
Yep. An article that explains or checks the data vs an old league saying or truism like "bodies in motion" and helps build a more informed fan base or analysis of the game. Very good.
This is a good site if you are interested in that sort of thing

https://www.rugbyleagueeyetest.com/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dear Xavier, if you get some game time this week can you please do something to justify the unwarranted hype. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Teams and Previews

Post by Lui_Bon »

BadnMean wrote: May 10, 2022, 2:04 pm
BJ wrote: May 10, 2022, 1:44 pm
TongueFTW wrote:Thought this was an excellent article and highlights why the Sharks have been so dangerous in attack:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/05/10/i ... rl-attack/
Top shelf article. Don’t you wish we had more of this in rugby league journalism. Not just a Buzz puff piece.
Yep. An article that explains or checks the data vs an old league saying or truism like "bodies in motion" and helps build a more informed fan base or analysis of the game. Very good.
I can't guarantee it but I'm pretty sure the bloke who wrote this article is the one with the slightly English accent who you may have heard asking actual questions in various pressers.

I was taken by this quote: "If you were wondering why their halfbacks never get any good ball, the fact that the defence always knows exactly where the footy is going might go a long way to explaining it."

Remind you of anyone?
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

Yes, and he also wrote this in the Power Rankings about our (attack) performance against the Dogs and our forecast for the weeks ahead. You need to scroll down to 13…..

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/05/09/n ... jor-slide/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

KasparRaider wrote: May 11, 2022, 6:05 am Yes, and he also wrote this in the Power Rankings about our (attack) performance against the Dogs and our forecast for the weeks ahead. You need to scroll down to 13…..

https://www.theroar.com.au/2022/05/09/n ... jor-slide/
That's a total pisstake having the dogs at 11.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Ton of rain forecast over next 72 hours. Field is going to be a mess by Sunday. At least we have the first game of the day.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote:Ton of rain forecast over next 72 hours. Field is going to be a mess by Sunday. At least we have the first game of the day.
I expect to be in hospital by then anyway
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

The Nickman wrote: May 11, 2022, 7:18 am
Northern Raider wrote:Ton of rain forecast over next 72 hours. Field is going to be a mess by Sunday. At least we have the first game of the day.
Did you pre-book this year?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fox Sports power rankings

11. RAIDERS
Last week’s ranking: 15th (up four spots)

The Raiders’ 14-4 win over the Bulldogs wasn’t pretty, but after five straight losses they just needed to get the job done. Fortunately for Ricky Stuart’s side they didn’t fade out in the second half and their defence was much improved. Matt Frawley was impressive at five-eighth and the fact the Raiders won without their best player in Jack Wighton is a good sign. They will only get better when Wighton is back to his best after his suspension. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad was much improved after returning to starting fullback. The Raiders built this win on a much improved showing from their forward pack and that is the key to producing consistent performances and climbing up the ladder for this squad.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5df0ce3ff0

Difficult to see why that win would put the Raiders up four, one above their ladder spot.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: May 11, 2022, 7:36 am
The Nickman wrote: May 11, 2022, 7:18 am
Did you pre-book this year?
I got a discount on e-scooters this year as I'll only need to hire one for approximately 3.4 seconds.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 11, 2022, 8:05 am Fox Sports power rankings

11. RAIDERS

The Raiders’ 14-4 win over the Bulldogs wasn’t pretty, but after five straight losses they just needed to get the job done. Fortunately for Ricky Stuart’s side they didn’t fade out in the second half and their defence was much improved. Matt Frawley was impressive at five-eighth and the fact the Raiders won without their best player in Jack Wighton is a good sign. They will only get better when Wighton is back to his best after his suspension. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad was much improved after returning to starting fullback. The Raiders built this win on a much improved showing from their forward pack and that is the key to producing consistent performances and climbing up the ladder for this squad.

Difficult to see why that win would put the Raiders up four, one above their ladder spot.
Was CNK really much improved? His run meters were very low and although he was error free I didn’t think his game was anything to get excited about. An in improvement on Rapa but that’s a low base to mark him off.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Billy Walker wrote: May 11, 2022, 9:19 am

11. RAIDERS

Was CNK really much improved? His run meters were very low and although he was error free I didn’t think his game was anything to get excited about. An in improvement on Rapa but that’s a low base to mark him off.
His run metres were ok for 45 mins footy. He might have even have broken a tackle or 2 somewhere.

I think the writer is giving him the benefit of being involved in that first try- he was part of the catch and pass chain before Whitehead went over with a bit of work to do. I'm glad he was popping up on the right and the catch and pass is an improvement from dying with the ball or mistiming the pass I guess.

Overall that was a solid half by him as you say, error free which is his main strength, decent yards + the glimpse of attack. That's about what you get when he's in form. I'll leave the comparisons to other players out of it for now and just say yep, a slight improvement.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: May 11, 2022, 9:43 am
Billy Walker wrote: May 11, 2022, 9:19 am

11. RAIDERS

His run metres were ok for 45 mins footy. He might have even have broken a tackle or 2 somewhere.

I think the writer is giving him the benefit of being involved in that first try- he was part of the catch and pass chain before Whitehead went over with a bit of work to do. I'm glad he was popping up on the right and the catch and pass is an improvement from dying with the ball or mistiming the pass I guess.

Overall that was a solid half by him as you say, error free which is his main strength, decent yards + the glimpse of attack. That's about what you get when he's in form. I'll leave the comparisons to other players out of it for now and just say yep, a slight improvement.
Yeah I don’t disagree with that, but we do need to be careful we don’t celebrate players coming of a low base getting to an average base. This needs to be a transition for CNK from poor to good, not the end of the journey.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Are they spiking the water down in the berra, the delirium is obscene.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

There has got to be something going on down there? First the coach then the players and some so called fans, absolute poppy cock.

This place is woke.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

LastRaider wrote: May 10, 2022, 6:06 pm Absolutely mind boggling the team selections from the coach. Starling and Savage on the bench, when we have been leaking points due to fatigue and having the unfittest forward pack in the competition.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need a back on the bench. CNK left the field due to injury last week and Rapa is on one leg. Starling will come on about the time of the middle forward rotation and Elliott will go to the back row or bench. Only one way to improve match fitness and that's to play longer minutes.
Sthsea22
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Sthsea22 »

Don't be surprised with some late changes

Not sure how we play Starling and Savage on bench

Give Hola a run
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Meh who cares.

This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Azza is crushing hard on this assortment of potatoes.

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Absolutely pelting down in Brisbane.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Wet track should blunt the Sharks attack a little, perhaps we can bore them to death with insipid, dull uninspiring stuff and lose by 12.

This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Tom Starling keen to be long term hooker at Raiders

Canberra hooker Tom Starling is looking to take his game to a new level as his team prepares for life after Josh Hodgson.

“It’s just one of the things that comes with experience, a lot of No.9s know how to conserve their energy and still be productive later on in the game, so that’s something I’m working on,” he said. “Picking my moments when I can be 100-mile-an-hour and then also when I need to tone it back a little bit … if anyone knows me, I’m 100-mile-an-hour … so it’s one of the things that I’m just gonna keep building.

Read more: https://canberraweekly.com.au/tom-starl ... t-raiders/

Nicoll-Klokstad relieved after Croker cleared of serious injury: https://canberraweekly.com.au/nicoll-kl ... us-injury/

What Tom Starling has to do to earn his hooker start again for the Canberra Raiders

The Canberra Raiders may have shaken the winless monkey off their backs but Tom Starling knows the real work begins on Sunday.

"We've had some really good training sessions this week and we're going to keep building on that.
"Cronulla are flying high at the moment, so we know it's gonna be a big task this weekend, [but] we're just got to focus on what we've got to do and we'll get away with the cookies."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Raiders prop Ryan Sutton is ready to rewrite his story against the Sharks

Ryan Sutton felt right at home during Thursday's downpour.

"It did. It felt like it but take a couple of degrees off," he grinned when asked if the rain felt like home. "[It] was a bit wet and we've got to get the goggles on.

Frawley inspired to keep momentum going this weekend

Matt Frawley is ready to take the inspiration he received from last weekend’s 40th Anniversary celebrations into Magic Round, as the Raiders look to build on their momentum against the Cronulla Sharks on Sunday.

“We had two nights after the game where we had the old boys with us. To then have the gala dinner on the Saturday night, we heard some really inspiring speeches from the players who got inducted into the hall of fame,” he said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... s-weekend/

AUDIO: Matt Frawley speaks about return of Fogarty: https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/12/ ... back-wins/

VIDEO: Anthony Seibold and Renee Gartner preview the Round 10 match between the Cronulla Shark and Canberra Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/12/sha ... -round-10/

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Mentioned on the radio yesterday that if the field is chopped to bits from the first few games with all the water in the deck that Robina is on standby for Sunday.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Off
Laurie Daley

Canberra Raiders looking to extend Adam Elliott by further two years

Post by Off »

?
Last edited by Off on May 13, 2022, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This place is woke.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why the Canberra Raiders are taking it slow with Xavier Savage

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has a plan for Xavier Savage and is urging patience.

"For me it's still about the learning process for Xavier," he said. "Now he's got a little bit of a start. He's back on the bench now. It's just a slow process with his learnings and I'm excited about the future of Xavier Savage, but the future will be determined by how we handle him today."

Starling ready to continue successful partnership with Elliott against Sharks

Tom Starling is relishing his new dummy half partnership with Adam Elliott, as the pair look to continue their good form against the Cronulla Sharks in Brisbane this weekend.

“He is going good, he is always energetic with everything he does, it's always 100 miles an hour. He is going well playing his role in the team, which is what we ask for around here. I am enjoying playing with him,” Starling said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... st-sharks/

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I’m trying Starlos magic trick on the monster, she’ll have no idea..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Well I've been hoping Starlo would develop some sleight of hand...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

-PJ- wrote: May 13, 2022, 7:34 pm I’m trying Starlos magic trick on the monster, she’ll have no idea..
:roflmao
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Elliot out with illness. Zac Woodford to debut… atleast he’s actually a hooker?

President Clinton
Dean Lance

Post by President Clinton »

Danaman137 wrote: May 14, 2022, 1:57 pm Elliot out with illness. Zac Woodford to debut… atleast he’s actually a hooker?

Woolford get a start. Is this club or NRL debut?
President Clinton
Dean Lance

Post by President Clinton »

President Clinton wrote: May 14, 2022, 2:07 pm
Danaman137 wrote: May 14, 2022, 1:57 pm Elliot out with illness. Zac Woodford to debut… atleast he’s actually a hooker?

Woolford will get a start. Is this club or NRL debut?
samvucago
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jon Hardy

Post by samvucago »

His nrl debut. Long road to get there.
samvucago
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jon Hardy

Post by samvucago »

His nrl debut. Long road to get there.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Congratulations to Zac. It has been a long road but great to see him debut in green.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Wouldn't mind betting we see Rushton come in for Savage now.