19%
Sharks 13+
56%

Total votes: 16

benda
Brett Mullins

Re: 2022 Rd 10 V Sharks: Teams and Previews

Post by benda »

We will make it hard for the sharks... we are gritty but just lack class to attack.

When i was watching the dogs (and i could be totally losing it) i dawned in me that i think we are a top 8 side with a stable and ok spine. We really do just lack the polish in attack.

Attitude and determination is there from the players.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

BadnMean wrote: May 9, 2022, 6:52 am
zim wrote: May 7, 2022, 7:39 pm Yeah it looked like the honey moon period is over for Schneider as far as the other players are concerned. Tapine and Rapana happy to give him a serve.

I agree that Frawley will get a few rounds at 7, if Fogarty isn't back early.
Early in the first half a gap opened up for him as we attacked right, from about the 15-20m out mark... he didn't run at it. Was a tad disappointing as they just sat on his passes and smashed them after that point. Felt like he just didn't take his chance.

He's a had some good games and some flat ones.
Yeah he's still learning. Was always headed back to NSW cup at some stage. Won't hurt him to go back and get a bit of confidence.
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

One thing I do like about Schneider is he seems able to defend ok but yeah some other areas to work on - as you might expect
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

They'd pump us with 10.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Turbo_Raider
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Turbo_Raider »

benda wrote: May 9, 2022, 9:52 am We will make it hard for the sharks... we are gritty but just lack class to attack.

When i was watching the dogs (and i could be totally losing it) i dawned in me that i think we are a top 8 side with a stable and ok spine. We really do just lack the polish in attack.

Spot on. There were a couple of games where the determination was waning (or moreso our awful lack of fitness) but all in all even after losing 5 straight games isn't it funny to think we're actually not far off 8th spot. Considering we're also fighting off the spoon on a weekly basis atm, it's still all to play for!

Can the Fog come back early and inject something into our awful attack is the question... footy can change very quickly if we can just bloody string one or two wins together.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Turbo_Raider wrote: May 9, 2022, 1:26 pm
benda wrote: May 9, 2022, 9:52 am We will make it hard for the sharks... we are gritty but just lack class to attack.

Spot on. There were a couple of games where the determination was waning (or moreso our awful lack of fitness) but all in all even after losing 5 straight games isn't it funny to think we're actually not far off 8th spot. Considering we're also fighting off the spoon on a weekly basis atm, it's still all to play for!

Can the Fog come back early and inject something into our awful attack is the question... footy can change very quickly if we can just bloody string one or two wins together.
The thing is against the dogs, im sure that if we score more tries they don't score any. Their try came of the back of them defending their line. Defensive structures plus scoring tries (means less defending) COMBINE to being a good defensive side in todays game. We only have 50% of that atm and we are trying to compete with the big boys.

I think average raiders fan is just frustrated that we are just soooooo bad in attack. We offer absolutely nothing in attack if you consider in most games 4 tries is a win... honestly outside out Jack, Tapine and Papalii close enough to zero.

No players running lines. Kicking game is pretty naive in attack. Outside of the players mentioned we just slide from one side to another.

So no doubt our players get pissed off when time and time again in attack we produce nothing and then second halfs are more and more challenging only leading 10-0.

Is the answer Fog? I hope its not just him, but surely our coaching staff are looking at ways to improve this. We have too good of a roster to be where we are today.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm a bit nervous that the Injury Report (ie, news about Croker) isn't out yet. I hope that doesn't mean bad bad news.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker set for shoulder scan results Monday afternoon

The Canberra Raiders will learn how many games co-captain Jarrod Croker will miss due to a shoulder injury when he goes for scans Monday afternoon.

It's hoped Croker will have his results Monday afternoon, which will decide whether he's a possibility to play the Cronulla Sharks as part of the NRL's Magic Round at Lang Park on Sunday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... afternoon/

Secret behind Matt Frawley's left of field Canberra Raiders performance

He might've been training as a back-up hooker, but five eighth Matt Frawley credited a return to his natural left edge for his sparkling performance in the win over Canterbury.

"Hooker's still more foreign to me than halves," he said. "I'm a left footer so it gives me a bit more time on my kicking game, which helps, and I've played there all my career - in terms of being a left side half."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CNK and Valemei expected to be available.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

If they think the scans will decide if he plays the Sharks then that must mean the club folks are not as fearful as it looked? But I shan't get my hopes up too soon.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders veteran Jarrod Croker to miss a couple of weeks with shoulder injury

The Canberra Raiders have had good news on Jarrod Croker's shoulder, with the co-captain only expected to miss a couple of weeks. His scans from Monday afternoon were positive but he will miss Magic Round.

"We're hoping over the next couple of days Jarrod's shoulder will settle down and with a little bit of rehab and strengthening work to the injured shoulder it might only be a couple of weeks," Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Even when Jack returns Frawley has to be 7. Need his smarts and short kick.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

radicalraider wrote:Even when Jack returns Frawley has to be 7. Need his smarts and short kick.
we ended last year with that combo, was garbage

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

bonehead wrote: May 9, 2022, 7:49 pm
radicalraider wrote:Even when Jack returns Frawley has to be 7. Need his smarts and short kick.

Was Frawley on the left though?

I wonder if Frawley stays on the left, Schneider players right and Wighton goes to lock / centre. Blow it up when Fogarty is back though.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I can't have Frawley and Schneider together more than needs be. At least Schneider is getting a decent taste of what it takes.

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 9, 2022, 4:41 pm CNK and Valemei expected to be available.
This annoys me. If Valemei is being dropped for Croker then call it as such. Same last year when Croker had “injuries”. Ricky seems to be far to worried about egos and feelings than accountability.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: May 9, 2022, 7:32 pm Canberra Raiders veteran Jarrod Croker to miss a couple of weeks with shoulder injury

The Canberra Raiders have had good news on Jarrod Croker's shoulder, with the co-captain only expected to miss a couple of weeks. His scans from Monday afternoon were positive but he will miss Magic Round.

"We're hoping over the next couple of days Jarrod's shoulder will settle down and with a little bit of rehab and strengthening work to the injured shoulder it might only be a couple of weeks," Ricky Stuart said.

Oh, thank goodness. Thank goodness.

I can't read the exact prognosis because of the stupid paywall. Anyone? Or are they saying two weeks?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raiderskater wrote: May 9, 2022, 8:54 pm
greeneyed wrote: May 9, 2022, 7:32 pm Canberra Raiders veteran Jarrod Croker to miss a couple of weeks with shoulder injury

I can't read the exact prognosis because of the stupid paywall. Anyone? Or are they saying two weeks?
The nub of what they’re saying is in the quote. Not much else.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Lol. Hey this is a bag the players forum, not a Jarrod Croker fan page
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:

The nub of what they’re saying is in the quote. Not much else.
It's very surprising to me that it's not more serious, based on his reaction at the time.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Greenev
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Greenev »

Keep Schneider and Frawley together for this game and it will be the test to see who partners jack until fog comes back..

Oh and sack Ricky
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NSW team set to miss out as NRL guarantees Dolphins a Magic Round spot in 2023: One of the Knights, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Panthers, Raiders and Eels would be in line to miss out playing at Magic Round next year: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-te ... 5ahk1.html

We know who it’s going to be, don’t we?
Turbo_Raider
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Turbo_Raider »

benda wrote: May 9, 2022, 2:31 pm
Turbo_Raider wrote: May 9, 2022, 1:26 pm

The thing is against the dogs, im sure that if we score more tries they don't score any. Their try came of the back of them defending their line. Defensive structures plus scoring tries (means less defending) COMBINE to being a good defensive side in todays game. We only have 50% of that atm and we are trying to compete with the big boys.

I think average raiders fan is just frustrated that we are just soooooo bad in attack. We offer absolutely nothing in attack if you consider in most games 4 tries is a win... honestly outside out Jack, Tapine and Papalii close enough to zero.

No players running lines. Kicking game is pretty naive in attack. Outside of the players mentioned we just slide from one side to another.

So no doubt our players get pissed off when time and time again in attack we produce nothing and then second halfs are more and more challenging only leading 10-0.

Is the answer Fog? I hope its not just him, but surely our coaching staff are looking at ways to improve this. We have too good of a roster to be where we are today.
The answer may not be Fog but surely he's gotta be an upgrade to our finishing compared to Schneider... you hear a lot of "he's only 21 years old etc etc" but really has he shown much if anything in attack. Same can be said about Starling, just doesn't seem to be the answer.

On top of that, we've seriously missed any sort of x-factor since Bateman/Leilua/Old Rapana. It's genuinely not been exciting watching a Raiders game for 2 years.

Despite all of this, we're still **** in it if we could just score a couple more damn tries! but where will they come from is a mystery at the moment.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

raiderskater wrote: May 9, 2022, 4:24 pm I'm a bit nervous that the Injury Report (ie, news about Croker) isn't out yet. I hope that doesn't mean bad bad news.
About 3 weeks out
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

greeneyed wrote: May 10, 2022, 12:11 am NSW team set to miss out as NRL guarantees Dolphins a Magic Round spot in 2023: One of the Knights, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Panthers, Raiders and Eels would be in line to miss out playing at Magic Round next year: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-te ... 5ahk1.html.

Just a quick question, What part of NSW are the Raiders from??
President Clinton
Dean Lance

Brew wrote: May 8, 2022, 6:28 pm
Crusader wrote:has anyone heard if Fogarty is back for round 10?
Spoke to him at the Gala Dinner last night, he is 5 weeks away he reckons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hope this is what he’s been told to say.

Earlier report somewhere said he may return 2-3 weeks earlier than expected.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 10, 2022, 12:11 am NSW team set to miss out as NRL guarantees Dolphins a Magic Round spot in 2023: One of the Knights, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Panthers, Raiders and Eels would be in line to miss out playing at Magic Round next year: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-te ... 5ahk1.html

It won’t stun me if it’s us, but I don’t think it would make a lot of sense

There is actually a decent amount of qld based raiders fans. Stemming back to back he early days when we were good and had a ton of really good qld players in our squad
We’re a solid crowd draw up there imo
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Botman wrote: May 10, 2022, 8:53 am
greeneyed wrote: May 10, 2022, 12:11 am NSW team set to miss out as NRL guarantees Dolphins a Magic Round spot in 2023: One of the Knights, Rabbitohs, Dragons, Panthers, Raiders and Eels would be in line to miss out playing at Magic Round next year: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nsw-te ... 5ahk1.html

It won’t stun me if it’s us, but I don’t think it would make a lot of sense

There is actually a decent amount of qld based raiders fans. Stemming back to back he early days when we were good and had a ton of really good qld players in our squad
We’re a solid crowd draw up there imo
Out of all those the Knights would be the smallest crowd drawer in QLD.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

President Clinton wrote: May 9, 2022, 8:00 pm

I wonder if Frawley stays on the left, Schneider players right and Wighton goes to lock / centre. Blow it up when Fogarty is back though.
With all due respect Mr President, you don't move Jack Wighton to accomodate players like Frawley or Schneider. It's the other way round.
President Clinton
Dean Lance

BadnMean wrote: May 10, 2022, 9:36 am
President Clinton wrote: May 9, 2022, 8:00 pm

With all due respect Mr President, you don't move Jack Wighton to accomodate players like Frawley or Schneider. It's the other way round.
We scored a combined 0 points in the last three seconds half’s of the games Jack has played in.

Something has to change.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Starling was hooker for all that. We've got a glorious Woolford in NSW cup.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Could you blame the NRL for not wanting to “showcase” yet another 80 minutes of dull Ricky grindball!!!

Objectively - what aspect of our game style in recent years would be attractive to neutral fan or a broadcaster?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

We ain’t a NSW team so..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: