A jersey conspiracy theory

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

A jersey conspiracy theory

Post by julian87 »

I haven't done that much digging but my memory suggests that every move away from a traditional home jersey has resulted in disaster.

##Super League - Underachieved and eventually saw legends leave.

##Ozemail - A further removal saw an even lesser side.

^ Fonezone was a step in the right direction and a Brad Drew led side led the comp and had a crack until Bulgarelli.

^ the 94 throwback saw some bad teams but we had a crack. Schif led the show but we had a crack and were likeable. I think those were maybe the Colin Best days.

^ The 80s throwback led to much promise. NYC wins. The rise of Dugan, Carney and Campo.

## Raiders coloured Roosters jersey - Campese fully nuclear bombed his knee. Made the finals but were never a hope and depression ensued.

^ Return to the traditional. Ee recruit well. Head pommy after Austin and Co. '16 prelim and then sublte changes see '19. Prelim again in '20 even if pretenders.

## Navy and sky blue abomination.....ugh.

Traditional colours next year please.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: A jersey conspiracy theory

Post by Lui_Bon »

I agree completely!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dunno. We went back to the Milk in 2021. Didn't work out too well.

Maybe we can crowd fund a return to Woodgers jerseys with the 3/4 sleeves.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

2016 was the year we should have won it. Curse that Hodgson injury against the Sharks in week one.
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

An extension on this thought. All one off special game Jerseys are cursed.

We never really win a game in a special jersey - those are the cursed ones. Indigenous jersey smashed by Newcastle, Anzac Jerseys this year (Penrith) and a few years ago in Cairns smashed by Souths. Heritage Jersey the Bulldogs chased us down to win after we had scored 36! Cam Anzac day years ago we got smashed by Cronulla.

The only one off Jersey I can remember us doing anything in was the Canberra 100 Jersey where we beat Brisbane. Oh and the all white Black dog Jersey we just beat a struggling Brisbane.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

CrabLord wrote: May 4, 2022, 10:55 am An extension on this thought. All one off special game Jerseys are cursed.

We never really win a game in a special jersey - those are the cursed ones. Indigenous jersey smashed by Newcastle, Anzac Jerseys this year (Penrith) and a few years ago in Cairns smashed by Souths. Heritage Jersey the Bulldogs chased us down to win after we had scored 36! Cam Anzac day years ago we got smashed by Cronulla.

The only one off Jersey I can remember us doing anything in was the Canberra 100 Jersey where we beat Brisbane. Oh and the all white Black dog Jersey we just beat a struggling Brisbane.
I was thinking this..... Dont forget the Marvel Jerseys

2014 - RD 21 (White Hulk Top) Loss 54-18 Vs Warriors @ Home. Im sure Campese got injured in this game too??
2015- RD 21 (Green Hulk Top) Loss 32-24 Vs Cowboys @ Townsville
2017 - RD 4 (Iron Fist) Loss 13-12 Vs Broncos @ Suncorp

So yeah... Stick to the original please
Perth Based Raiders Fan
CrabLord
Noa Nadruku

Post by CrabLord »

PerthRaider86 wrote: May 4, 2022, 11:23 am
CrabLord wrote: May 4, 2022, 10:55 am An extension on this thought. All one off special game Jerseys are cursed.

I was thinking this..... Dont forget the Marvel Jerseys

2014 - RD 21 (White Hulk Top) Loss 54-18 Vs Warriors @ Home. Im sure Campese got injured in this game too??
2015- RD 21 (Green Hulk Top) Loss 32-24 Vs Cowboys @ Townsville
2017 - RD 4 (Iron Fist) Loss 13-12 Vs Broncos @ Suncorp

So yeah... Stick to the original please

White Hulk against the Warriors was when Campo got benched.

FUrther more RS foundation jersey we lost to the Roosters, pretty sure we lost in the pink women in league jersey. Yellow Raiders Jersey (I think Mitch Cornish debut) We lost to either the Cowboys or Roosters.

I Remember most of these because I over the years have liked some of these designs, but don't want to buy one that is cursed with an uninspiring loss. We usually show up as our worst side wearing these one off jerseys.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 4, 2022, 10:23 am 2016 was the year we should have won it. Curse that Hodgson injury against the Sharks in week one.
Agree on this. We were cooked even if we won that prelim with Croker and Leilua injured.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

CrabLord wrote: FUrther more RS foundation jersey we lost to the Roosters
Unless I’m thinking of a different game and different jersey, I thought we beat the Roosters wearing that one in 2017.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

We beat Souths in Cairns wearing the Anzac jersey.

Bulldogs also didn’t run us down after scoring 36, we failed in running them down when they scored 41. We got to 34 but they were always in front as I remember it.

One ‘one off’ jersey I remember we won in many years ago in 2001 was the very lime (almost yellow) ‘20 seasons’ jersey. We beat Parra 22-6.

Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Robert the Bruce
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by Robert the Bruce »

Northern Raider wrote: May 4, 2022, 9:33 am Dunno. We went back to the Milk in 2021. Didn't work out too well.

The '21 Milk jersey was cursed because the white/gold/blue hoops around the sleeves didn't go round the whole way.
Another fine piece of design by our friends at "International Sports Clothing".
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Robert the Bruce wrote: May 5, 2022, 10:41 pm
Northern Raider wrote: May 4, 2022, 9:33 am Dunno. We went back to the Milk in 2021. Didn't work out too well.

The '21 Milk jersey was cursed because the white/gold/blue hoops around the sleeves didn't go round the whole way.
Another fine piece of design by our friends at "International Sports Clothing".
There's such a fine line between success and failure in the NRL.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

we have never won a game wearing black socks, prove me wrong