19%

Total votes: 16

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2022 Rd 9 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by Botman »

:lol: you already planted that flag.
You’ll have to just own that now, friend. VERY tough look.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Rickmando wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:54 am
Botman wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:47 am
Rickmando wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:23 am
I’ll give you this - Croker is a better player than Semi. But that is an all time low bar.
Pretty much every person I believe to be a good football judge has said the same
“Low bar to clear but yeah Croker was better”

That’s a very VERY tough look for my guy Billy Walker and his boy
A washed up, physically compromised player on the verge of retirement is still better than his boy Semi
BIG Yikes!
Yep I’m all for favouring development/upside with team selections this year. But there’s no way in good conscience you can select Semi in front of Croker - he may be younger but he’s flat out terrible, and isn’t getting any better.

For mine, it’s JC until the next young guy knocks on the door
To be fair we have not had HSS this year - that was a big blow. Far more promising than Semi V.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Azza wrote: May 7, 2022, 10:00 am
Rickmando wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:54 am
Botman wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:47 am
Rickmando wrote: May 7, 2022, 9:23 am
I’ll give you this - Croker is a better player than Semi. But that is an all time low bar.
Pretty much every person I believe to be a good football judge has said the same
“Low bar to clear but yeah Croker was better”

That’s a very VERY tough look for my guy Billy Walker and his boy
A washed up, physically compromised player on the verge of retirement is still better than his boy Semi
BIG Yikes!
Yep I’m all for favouring development/upside with team selections this year. But there’s no way in good conscience you can select Semi in front of Croker - he may be younger but he’s flat out terrible, and isn’t getting any better.

For mine, it’s JC until the next young guy knocks on the door
To be fair we have not had HSS this year - that was a big blow. Far more promising than Semi V.
Agree. Of all the pre season injuries, his was the toughest pill to swallow. Comes at an age where his development could have really kicked up a gear this year
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

You sad sack of emo grunts.

This forum used to be full of fans. We won. Celebrate. Who cares who we beat or how it was played. If you still disect and whinge and pick on players then either follow another team or get a job with the club.

Absolute killjoys.

It's a game. It's sport. It's a release.

I'm done.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Nup.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

This is not a love song.

This place is woke.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Surely just as we are able to be proud of a great performance that results in a loss, we are able to be disappointed in a poor performance resulting in a win.

The difference as always is trajectory, and rather than seeing much improvement, it seems we finally ran into an opposition who was simply worse than us. Sadly, the list of those teams is very short this year.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I normally say I don't mind if we don't win pretty, but that was an absolutely dire game to watch. We absolutely lost the plot for about 10 minutes or so in the second half with absolutely no discernible reason why.

We blew several tries and again, our failure to convert the weight of possession would have been punished by a better team. We didn't capitulate entirely, but we tried to, and would have done to a better team. Literally, we won because the Bulldogs are trash garbage.

Frawley's try is going to remain a highlight for pure comedy value. I nearly busted a rib laughing when he just strolled on by Dufty. Dear god, I'm so glad we didn't waste money on that idiot like so many wanted us to.

I delighted in seeing Croker back - he definitely looks in much better form, much more like 2019 or early 2020. And that was why it was so absolutely heartbreaking when he rolled away from that trysaver clutching his shoulder. After all the work and effort he put in to get back into the first grade side, never complaining when he was left in NSW Cup well beyond the time he should have been recalled, to then immediately get injured again...and on the same shoulder he had reconstructed two years ago.

No doubt Billy Walker is throwing a party today and celebrating.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

raiderskater wrote: May 7, 2022, 10:48 am I normally say I don't mind if we don't win pretty, but that was an absolutely dire game to watch. We absolutely lost the plot for about 10 minutes or so in the second half with absolutely no discernible reason why.

We blew several tries and again, our failure to convert the weight of possession would have been punished by a better team. We didn't capitulate entirely, but we tried to, and would have done to a better team. Literally, we won because the Bulldogs are trash garbage.

Frawley's try is going to remain a highlight for pure comedy value. I nearly busted a rib laughing when he just strolled on by Dufty. Dear god, I'm so glad we didn't waste money on that idiot like so many wanted us to.

I delighted in seeing Croker back - he definitely looks in much better form, much more like 2019 or early 2020. And that was why it was so absolutely heartbreaking when he rolled away from that trysaver clutching his shoulder. After all the work and effort he put in to get back into the first grade side, never complaining when he was left in NSW Cup well beyond the time he should have been recalled, to then immediately get injured again...and on the same shoulder he had reconstructed two years ago.

No doubt Billy Walker is throwing a party today and celebrating.
Nope - it was the last placed bulldogs. Good to get 2 points but not something to celebrate with a party.

You may be surprised but I agree with all your post. We did win ugly and yes a better side would have put us away. I also think that Croker returned to the level that he was much celebrated for in seasons 2019 and 2020. I don’t agree a player with a couple of errors, no try assists and a total of 53 running meters (the lowest out of the back 5’s of both teams) should be lauded for having a great game, but I don’t disagree he is back to his best form and his fans are happy so I’m happy for them.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Really highlights how 1 dimensional the other centres have been when half a Croker can come in and look more dangerous. Not only that made those around him like Cotric better as well finally getting some quality ball.
Hope Timoko continues on the right.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

zim wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:11 am Really highlights how 1 dimensional the other centres have been when half a Croker can come in and look more dangerous. Not only that made those around him like Cotric better as well finally getting some quality ball.
Timoko had over double the run meters of JCs 53.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Any update on Croker?

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

Love4Noa wrote: May 7, 2022, 10:03 am You sad sack of emo grunts.

This forum used to be full of fans. We won. Celebrate. Who cares who we beat or how it was played. If you still disect and whinge and pick on players then either follow another team or get a job with the club.

Absolute killjoys.

I'm done.
Amen brother. **** is toxic as hell
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

:lol: So apparently people who recognise NOTHING about that win or our performances over the course of this season reflect a side with any potential to compete at the pointy end of the season, or who want to see actual evidence that this club is building towards sustained success and competing for premierships ... apparently we're not fans?

Morons.

I'm glad there are some people around with the sense to want more than a fumbling, average win against low-down teams and evidence of consistent performances and a winning strategy before they get excited.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Its like all happy clappers, god botherers etc, You just let them rant away.

This place is woke.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:15 am
zim wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:11 am Really highlights how 1 dimensional the other centres have been when half a Croker can come in and look more dangerous. Not only that made those around him like Cotric better as well finally getting some quality ball.
Timoko had over double the run meters of JCs 53.
Yeah he was pretty one dimensional.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:26 am :lol: So apparently people who recognise NOTHING about that win or our performances over the course of this season reflect a side with any potential to compete at the pointy end of the season, or who want to see actual evidence that this club is building towards sustained success and competing for premierships ... apparently we're not fans?

Morons.

I'm glad there are some people around with the sense to want more than a fumbling, average win against low-down teams and evidence of consistent performances and a winning strategy before they get excited.
This is the problem. Culture is set by the leaders in an organisation and it spreads throughout whether it is good culture or bad culture. Ricky makes excuses for losses, shifts blame and becomes petulant. A mediocre win over a dreadful side and he runs his press conference for twice as long doing a victory lap and talking how these guys deserve a premiership. That is not a successful culture and I’m not buying into or drinking the Gatorade being passed around here.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Billy Walker wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:32 am
Azza wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:26 am :lol: So apparently people who recognise NOTHING about that win or our performances over the course of this season reflect a side with any potential to compete at the pointy end of the season, or who want to see actual evidence that this club is building towards sustained success and competing for premierships ... apparently we're not fans?

Morons.

This is the problem. Culture is set by the leaders in an organisation and it spreads throughout whether it is good culture or bad culture. Ricky makes excuses for losses, shifts blame and becomes petulant. A mediocre win over a dreadful side and he runs his press conference for twice as long doing a victory lap and talking how these guys deserve a premiership. That is not a successful culture and I’m not buying into or drinking the Gatorade being passed around here.
Not even that mate. Some of our supporters, bless their cotton socks, are just numpties of the highest order.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I had to laugh at this one
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I've lost count of the number of replays I watched. It's absolutely hilarious. Frawley doesn't even really dummy, he just kind of gestures, and even funnier, THERE WAS NO-ONE THERE TO DUMMY TO. It was the wrong side!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

raiderskater wrote: May 7, 2022, 1:15 pm I've lost count of the number of replays I watched. It's absolutely hilarious. Frawley doesn't even really dummy, he just kind of gestures, and even funnier, THERE WAS NO-ONE THERE TO DUMMY TO. It was the wrong side!
Reece Robinsonesque defence there from Dufty. Hideous read
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Shoulder injury mars Croker's NRL return

Canberra champion Jarrod Croker will head for scans on his shoulder after suffering a potentially serious injury in his return to NRL action.

"It feels all right ... it did feel like it was out, but once I laid down the doc sort of straightened it, pulled it and played around," he said. "Whether it popped out and slid back in I don't actually know, or if it's just rotator cuff - I'm probably just more in shock than anything.

Read more: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6711372

Croker injury sours Raiders' NRL win: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6707283

Raiders face nervous Croker wait as Ricky reveals real impact of centre’s comeback

Raiders centre Jarrod Croker could be looking at another stint on the sidelines after picking up a shoulder injury in the latter stages of Canberra’s 14-4 win over the Bulldogs.

“He (Jarrod Croker) brought a lot of calmness to the game, the team tonight and I’ve seen that when I picked him on Tuesday and at training,” Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 06f674408e

‘Nobody understands’: Ricky calls out critics, reveals real reason for Raiders’ woes

Canberra Raiders’ coach Ricky Stuart paid tribute to his players’ efforts — and in the process hit out at the club’s critics — after their 14-4 win over the Bulldogs on Friday night.

“Nobody on the outside understands how hard it is,” Stuart said. “We don’t like losing, we don’t go to prepare to lose. There’s so much effort in every game and we haven’t been winning, we’ve been copping a lot of whacks.”

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f6c779c034
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

That last article “Nobody Understands” is fairly concerning. Not a lot of resilience being shown there and a strongly suggests that Ricky reads the forums. I wouldn’t suggest the media has “whacked” him. Yep the fan on here are frustrated and have bagged him mercilessly but in the mainstream media - I’m not seeing it. He seems fragile.
Bigcheese
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Volcano

Post by Bigcheese »

Absolute killjoys.

I'm done.
Yep this supporters site is one of the worst! I enjoyed the win and will be backing the team and coach each week.
Last edited by Bigcheese on May 7, 2022, 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

To be fair, the way I read that article (where most of the lines are just straight from his presser) is that the "lot of whacks" is with regards to lack of consistency in the spine for the last 18months.
Having said that, I agree he's not getting whacked in the press, at all. So when he's talking about critics and so forth, he can only be referring to social media - essentially fan sites/posts/groups/forums.
So yeah, I suspect he reads them, as I suspect the players do. Lets face it, if you do good, then having lots of people say nice things about you is fun - so thats probably why the started following the sites. Now they just can't look away...
Shiv
Peter Jackson

Post by Shiv »

Bigcheese wrote: May 7, 2022, 2:49 pm

Absolute killjoys.

I'm done.
Yep this supporters site is one of the worst! I enjoyed the win and will be backing the team and coach each week.
Yeah, we do seem to be forgetting Rule 32
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Azza wrote: May 7, 2022, 12:00 pm

Morons.

Not even that mate. Some of our supporters, bless their cotton socks, are just numpties of the highest order.
You and Question would have to be up there with the worst of them...Sharks by 63
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raiders666 wrote: May 7, 2022, 2:57 pm

Morons.

You and Question would have to be up there with the worst of them...Sharks by 63
OOOhh... *checks notes* good comeback, ya croquet playin' mint muncher.
CRaid
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by CRaid »

Absolute killjoys.

I'm done.
Agree .. nothing more to add
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

It's amazing how low standards some of our fanbase has, they're happy just to attend games win or lose, let their kids do the viking clap, get around Ricky because he's a good bloke in the community.... and that's fine, don't have a problem with that, but I strongly suspect this same attitude goes all the way to the very top. That does concern me somewhat

I'm also someone who likes to watch good attacking footy. I like that almost as much as I like the Raiders. When we stink in that area I can still enjoy but it's a bit harder

The bulldogs were so bad, allowing our forwards to just run at them full steam. Look at all the metres our forwards made, after a season of being one of the lowest in that area. It's a big relief to get a win, but celebrate it? Let's hold off the champagne
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 7, 2022, 3:22 pm It's amazing how low standards some of our fanbase has, they're happy just to attend games win or lose, let their kids do the viking clap, get around Ricky because he's a good bloke in the community.... and that's fine, don't have a problem with that, but I strongly suspect this same attitude goes all the way to the very top. That does concern me somewhat

I'm also someone who likes to watch good attacking footy. I like that almost as much as I like the Raiders. When we stink in that area I can still enjoy but it's a bit harder

The bulldogs were so bad, allowing our forwards to just run at them full steam. Look at all the metres our forwards made, after a season of being one of the lowest in that area. It's a big relief to get a win, but celebrate it? Let's hold off the champagne
Agreed. Some people set low standards in life I guess (and some of them consistently fail to meet them). I'll be stoked when we are back as a force in this competition, and until then will call a spade a spade. We are a freakin' NRL club, this isn't under 12's.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Raiders666 wrote:
Azza wrote: May 7, 2022, 11:26 am Image So apparently people who recognise NOTHING about that win or our performances over the course of this season reflect a side with any potential to compete at the pointy end of the season, or who want to see actual evidence that this club is building towards sustained success and competing for premierships ... apparently we're not fans?

Morons.

Good on you skippy.... good on you.

This place is woke.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

I'll certainly rather win than lose but we really should be putting more points on the dogs with the amount of ball we had. How is it emo to point out we were pretty dire with the ball. We can't play the worst team in the comp every week unfortunately

We will need to score more points to challenge anyone better than that. The reason we get run down is because we simply don't score enough points
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Pete Cash wrote: May 7, 2022, 3:30 pm I'll certainly rather win than lose but we really should be putting more points on the dogs with the amount of ball we had. How is it emo to point out we were pretty dire with the ball. We can't play the worst team in the comp every week unfortunately

We will need to score more points to challenge anyone better than that. The reason we get run down is because we simply don't score enough points
Yes our attack was lame. Let's not forget though. Missing our starting 6, 7 and 9 with our fullback down on form.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.