Bulldogs 13+
19%

Total votes: 16

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2022 Rd 9 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by Canberra Milk »

The 9 who we tried to offload all off-season but couldn't, who was used as a lock last year... and the 1 who keeps getting stubbornly picked above an exciting up and comer... I can accept the 6/7 excuse to some extent, but not the 9/1
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Northern Raider wrote: May 7, 2022, 3:51 pm
Pete Cash wrote: May 7, 2022, 3:30 pm I'll certainly rather win than lose but we really should be putting more points on the dogs with the amount of ball we had. How is it emo to point out we were pretty dire with the ball. We can't play the worst team in the comp every week unfortunately

We will need to score more points to challenge anyone better than that. The reason we get run down is because we simply don't score enough points
Yes our attack was lame. Let's not forget though. Missing our starting 6, 7 and 9 with our fullback down on form.
There are certainly caveats. With Jack out teams can just rush up on us but it's not like we were that worse than normal either. We just don't have the play making and the comp is very much attack tilted right now.

Maybe fog adds something with the ball.

Tapine was finding insane amounts of space through the centre of the field. If Jack was out there he probably creates a try or two just by how loose the dogs were around the ruck. That said I'm a little disappointed in Starling not cutting them up. I feel most hookers would have really dined out last night.

Also many on this forum wanted hodgson gone for starling for a good while. As a keen hodgson defender I feel vindicated that it was clearly the tactics
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The articles said Croker is going for scans today...I wonder when we will know...hopefully tomorrow? I hope it is not too bad. That information about him not needing painkillers seems promising, but some injuries are like that...hopefully just a week or two...

Calmness is a good word to describe what he brought. Calmness and composure. And the good old Croker flick - a shame Cotric couldn't reach out and plant and went for the double movement instead.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Scans to determine Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker's fate

Scans on Monday will decide the immediate playing future of Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker after potentially dislocating his shoulder in the win over Canterbury on Friday night.

"It feels alright. It did feel like [the shoulder] was out, but once I laid down the doc straightened it and played around with it," Croker said. "Whether it popped out and slid back in I don't actually know or if it's just rotator cuff - probably more shock than anything.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants to achieve just one more thing in life

After a glittering career that's achieved everything in the game, Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants just one more thing. He wants to give his current players a premiership of their own.

"We've had a short history over 40 years and a very proud history," Stuart said. "If I could get one more thing in life it's for these players to win a grand final because it changes your life.

Read a transcript of what Ricky Stuart had to say last night: https://thegh.com.au/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p1864870

Shoulder injury mars Croker's NRL return: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6711372

Croker injury sours Raiders' NRL win: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6707283

Raiders face nervous Croker wait as Ricky reveals real impact of centre’s comeback: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 06f674408e

‘Nobody understands’: Ricky calls out critics, reveals real reason for Raiders’ woes: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f6c779c034

Tevita Pangai Jnr (Bulldogs) Grade 1 Contrary Conduct TBC $1000-$1500: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/03/13/jud ... t-charges/

Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Now do it, again and again and again.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Question wrote: May 7, 2022, 6:12 pm Now do it, again and again and again.

Sounds like lyrics from a black eyed peas song
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

So we have the critics (everything is **** basically, sack the coach), the poso's (nice to win that game, some players did a good job)... is it possible that these 2 can co-exist or do we need a battle to the death (in minecraft) to sort this all out?

I think I'm somewhere in between the 2 camps. Horror year so far, lots to not like about performances / errors / 2nd half fades, bench usage very strange... and yet they have also been unlucky a couple of times + some signs of hope from players that didnt start the year well.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The Ricky apologist’s out in force…
‘Nobody understands’…blah blah blah…
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I think we have a real good chance of beating the sharks, we have definately turned the corner here and unearthed some real talent, under the guidance of Ricky a master tactician we are in this up to our eye balls....(see how silly that looks).

This place is woke.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Question wrote: May 7, 2022, 7:24 pm I think we have a real good chance of beating the sharks, we have definately turned the corner here and unearthed some real talent, under the guidance of Ricky a master tactician we are in this up to our eye balls....(see how silly that looks).

I felt uncomfortable
Dimes
Peter Jackson

Post by Dimes »

Question wrote: May 7, 2022, 7:24 pm I think we have a real good chance of beating the sharks, we have definately turned the corner here and unearthed some real talent, under the guidance of Ricky a master tactician we are in this up to our eye balls....(see how silly that looks).

Strawman argument.

I don't think anyone said anything remotely close to that.

Strawman arguments are silly.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Begbie wrote: May 7, 2022, 6:18 pm

Steel Panther would have phrased it differently...
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Lui_Bon wrote:
Begbie wrote: May 7, 2022, 6:18 pm

Steel Panther would have phrased it differently...
Kudos LB, I never thought I'd see a Steel Panther reference on this forum.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Two sleeps later, the press conference from Friday night… the idea that it’s hard to lose five in a row “when you’re not used to it”. It is hard but the Raiders… and fans… surely should be more than used to it. 2019 and 2020 are a fair while ago now. The Raiders lost five in a row last year… won only 10 games and finished 10th. The winning seasons are the outliers. Here are the wins per season since the start of the 2010s:

2010 13
2011 6
2012 13
2013 10
2014 8
2015 10
2016 17
2017 11
2018 10
2019 15
2020 14
2021 10

The start to 2022 has been a repeat of 2021. Three wins from the first nine games.

The idea that everyone is trying… that’s not enough in professional sport. The idea that no one on the “outside” understands… lots of people have experienced intense pressure in their work. Criticism? Given the records of performance (longest premiership drought other than the Eels) critical comment and questioning is quite reasonable. It’s hardly like the Raiders have been placed under the scrutiny of clubs like the Broncos, Tigers or Bulldogs… it’s been quite gentle really. By the way, supporters who have critical comments… they love the club, they too want to see it successful. They shouldn’t be cast as outsiders.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants to achieve just one more thing in life

After a glittering career that's achieved everything in the game, Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants just one more thing. He wants to give his current players a premiership of their own.

"We've had a short history over 40 years and a very proud history," Stuart said. "If I could get one more thing in life it's for these players to win a grand final because it changes your life.

Am I the only one reading that as though it’s confirmed he’s gone back to his old ways, attached to the roster and not going to make the hard decisions to move people on?

He wants these players to win a GF, not the club
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Oh, Monday now. The tension to wait, I hope it is not as bad as we thought.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Great post GE and fair concerns Fui.

We all want to see our team putting in 100% effort, but at the end of the day having the right roster with the right tactics and coaching is more important.

I could put on a pair of ice skates and apply with every ounce of effort in my fabric, but I’m fairly confident Raiderskater would kick my butt at whatever activity we were attempting even if she only put in 10% effort to the task.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: May 8, 2022, 9:52 am
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wants to achieve just one more thing in life

Am I the only one reading that as though it’s confirmed he’s gone back to his old ways, attached to the roster and not going to make the hard decisions to move people on?

Language does matter. It aligns with the general view that if Ricky has a failing it's a bit of "over loyalty" to good club servants instead of being more managerial in always adding and improving the squad. The example cushy contracts we don't even need to highlight anymore. We'll see it again if he extends Elliot on anything over rock bottom prices instead of pushing hard for a quality edge that we need.
Gmachine121
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Gmachine121 »

Glad for the win …. If you think this place is toxic have read over at kennel match day threads ….
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Gmachine121 wrote: May 8, 2022, 11:49 am Glad for the win …. If you think this place is toxic have read over at kennel match day threads ….
All fan forums really. Also look at Facebook comments on any Premier League team, Arsenal, Man U, etc
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:

Yep, nailed it. That was exactly the problem last year.

This squad as we know it is done. It was last season.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 8, 2022, 4:03 pm
Gmachine121 wrote: May 8, 2022, 11:49 am Glad for the win …. If you think this place is toxic have read over at kennel match day threads ….
All fan forums really. Also look at Facebook comments on any Premier League team, Arsenal, Man U, etc
Spot on
Anywhere where fans congregate. You get 3-4 hard core fans of a struggling team around a pub table and all they do is rant at each other about how **** their football team is

It’s just the nature of the beast. And tbh, this place is actually pretty tame and respectful compared to most.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Botman wrote: It’s just the nature of the beast. And tbh, this place is actually pretty tame and respectful compared to most.
Get stuffed Image
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:Two sleeps later, the press conference from Friday night… the idea that it’s hard to lose five in a row “when you’re not used to it”. It is hard but the Raiders… and fans… surely should be more than used to it. 2019 and 2020 are a fair while ago now. The Raiders lost five in a row last year… won only 10 games and finished 10th. The winning seasons are the outliers. Here are the wins per season since the start of the 2010s:

2010 13
2011 6
2012 13
2013 10
2014 8
2015 10
2016 17
2017 11
2018 10
2019 15
2020 14
2021 10

The start to 2022 has been a repeat of 2021. Three wins from the first nine games.

The idea that everyone is trying… that’s not enough in professional sport. The idea that no one on the “outside” understands… lots of people have experienced intense pressure in their work. Criticism? Given the records of performance (longest premiership drought other than the Eels) critical comment and questioning is quite reasonable. It’s hardly like the Raiders have been placed under the scrutiny of clubs like the Broncos, Tigers or Bulldogs… it’s been quite gentle really. By the way, supporters who have critical comments… they love the club, they too want to see it successful. They shouldn’t be cast as outsiders.
What a fantastic post. Couldn’t have said it better myself.
Gmachine121
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Gmachine121 »

Well we could have to lost to a team of 12 players (11 at a time too ) like some unfortunate NZ team … what is amazing is they are above us on the table
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Botman wrote:
Spot on
Anywhere where fans congregate. You get 3-4 hard core fans of a struggling team around a pub table and all they do is rant at each other about how **** their football team is

It’s just the nature of the beast. And tbh, this place is actually pretty tame and respectful compared to most.
Disagree some what. Agree that the one thing fans of any sport love doing more than anything is complain about how bad they are.

However some of the things I've read said about players specifically here is some of the worst stuff I've read in any sporting fan capacity. Pretty embarrassing stuff to read at times.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Raider Azz wrote: May 8, 2022, 7:29 pm
Botman wrote:
Spot on

Disagree some what. Agree that the one thing fans of any sport love doing more than anything is complain about how bad they are.

However some of the things I've read said about players specifically here is some of the worst stuff I've read in any sporting fan capacity. Pretty embarrassing stuff to read at times.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
See I would have gone for (A) Celebrating premiership wins. I guess we all get enjoyment in different ways.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gmachine121 wrote: May 8, 2022, 7:16 pm Well we could have to lost to a team of 12 players (11 at a time too ) like some unfortunate NZ team … what is amazing is they are above us on the table
The Warriors beat the Raiders, so it's not that amazing. ;)

Sadly... :cry:
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I found it odd that Sticky was talking about winning a comp with the current roster at the press conference. Seemed very out of touch with how far off the top teams we are after struggling to beat team #15.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It's completely delusional, even that Sutton bloke said when asked what about the Sharks next week, he said it will be tough like the warriors game was, w t f does Ricky in his Eutopian dictatorship not allow for players watching competitors??

This place is woke.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

twistedbydesign wrote: May 7, 2022, 1:37 am
benda wrote: May 7, 2022, 12:15 am
yurithe1 wrote: May 6, 2022, 10:45 pm Ricky tells us that there have not been any players that haven't put in the effort.

Didn't he give the players a roast for not putting in the effort last week or the game before?
What i was thinking too. He didnt want to say the detail publically but he elude to there being issues.

I noticed a few players spraying each other tonight. Not sure if others did too.
100%. And it seemed Schneider was pretty commonly on the receiving end, both Rapa and Taps gave him an absolute serve at various stages.

Look it was a pretty ordinary game. If anyone really doubted we're a bottom 4 side the last couple of weeks should have ended that. I hope in the video session this week they're forced to watch the sets-of-6 on the Dogs line after the second half breaks from Young and Cotric at least 10 times each. The modern game is so much about momentum, and you just can't afford to be that pedestrian when you have it. Even allowing for the lack of continuity in the spine that's just not good enough. But hey, a win's a win I suppose.

Stoked for Frawley, he had a fine game. Let's not get carried away though. He's at the exact point in his career that Sam Williams was a couple of seasons back - he's a capable fill in but not a guy that play week-in, week-out at NRL level. That said, Schneider's last fortnight has shown very clearly he's a way off at this point as well - needs a solid stint in reserves, though might cling on until Fogarty returns.
Yep. I noticed Schneider coping it.

I believe Schneider will be a solid 7 soon. He needs confidence now and gradual improvement. I hope he perseveres and doesn't get distracted from development.

On the break play, absolutely agree there too. I wonder why we are so bad in attack.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

How lost did we look after the Young break and Cotric intercept…. Everyone was ball watching expecting something to happen
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!