Canberra Raiders fans unite for Magic Round!

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Canberra Raiders fans unite for Magic Round!

Post by Bay53 »

dubby wrote: May 16, 2022, 1:07 pm I'd be inclined to go to magic round in Perth or Adelaide
I don't understand why you would take it to Perth or Adelaide. When I went to France, I had snails. I enjoyed them, it was something different, but I only needed one meal of them, not 8 in a row.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Bay53 wrote:I went to Magic Round and loved every minute of it. As a footy head, to get to watch all 8 games for the weekend is a dream come true. I thought the atmosphere around the precinct right from when I arrived on Friday night was electric. Obviously the rain on Saturday was a dampener, both figuratively and literally, but no one can control that.

As a rugby league person, I love the fact you see all the colours of the teams around the one city and the opportunity to mingle with fans of all teams. I think the NRL and Suncorp do it really well with all the activites around the ground and obviously the Caxton St area is just made for this type of event.

I do agree that the atmosphere during the games is different to normal games, but in some ways that is what makes it unique too. I watched all 8 games but was largely silent for 7 of them, but very animated for one. Not everyone one is invested in every game, and there is no doubt that there are plenty of people who go as a social event, enjoy a couple (or significantly more) drinks and watch the footy. I don't think there is enough made of the fact that rugby league has a grand final like most sports, but also three origin matches and now Magic weekend. No other sport in this country can boast five massive events like that.

My view is if you don't like the atmosphere of Magic Round, then that is fine, don't go to that weekend, there are 23 other Raiders games a year that you can attend. Arguably the ticket prices will be better value for money if you just want to attend one game. But if you love rugby league, I couldn't think of a better event to attend. I will be there every year it continues.
I loved the league 7s, that was a great weekend but I couldn't care less about 15 clubs anymore

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

bonehead wrote: May 16, 2022, 6:29 pm
Bay53 wrote:I went to Magic Round and loved every minute of it. As a footy head, to get to watch all 8 games for the weekend is a dream come true. I thought the atmosphere around the precinct right from when I arrived on Friday night was electric. Obviously the rain on Saturday was a dampener, both figuratively and literally, but no one can control that.

As a rugby league person, I love the fact you see all the colours of the teams around the one city and the opportunity to mingle with fans of all teams. I think the NRL and Suncorp do it really well with all the activites around the ground and obviously the Caxton St area is just made for this type of event.

I do agree that the atmosphere during the games is different to normal games, but in some ways that is what makes it unique too. I watched all 8 games but was largely silent for 7 of them, but very animated for one. Not everyone one is invested in every game, and there is no doubt that there are plenty of people who go as a social event, enjoy a couple (or significantly more) drinks and watch the footy. I don't think there is enough made of the fact that rugby league has a grand final like most sports, but also three origin matches and now Magic weekend. No other sport in this country can boast five massive events like that.

My view is if you don't like the atmosphere of Magic Round, then that is fine, don't go to that weekend, there are 23 other Raiders games a year that you can attend. Arguably the ticket prices will be better value for money if you just want to attend one game. But if you love rugby league, I couldn't think of a better event to attend. I will be there every year it continues.
I loved the league 7s, that was a great weekend but I couldn't care less about 15 clubs anymore

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
The problem with the Sevens or the Nines is they mean nothing. I get that you get to see every team play each day, but none of the top players were playing and the result meant nothing. Here you have genuine games, for premiership points, with everyone playing their best team available. If you only care about one team, then maybe it is not for you, but if you love the sport, it is the best weekend of the year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: May 16, 2022, 1:11 pm
dubby wrote:I'd be inclined to go to magic round in Perth or Adelaide
Gonna go and lurk under the stairs for three days?
:lol:
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.