What are your thoughts on Ricky's team selections?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

What are your thoughts on Ricky's team selections?

Post by raidersmalt »

I really feel like there's some question marks over Ricky's selections this year.

There's no way Sutton shouldn't be in the top 17. It's really coming across as petty from Stuart to not select him. Sutton has always given 100% when he's on the field, and I think it's Stuarts job to select the team that gives us the best chance at winning each week. For me, we're fielding a weaker team without Sutton on the bench and Ricky should get criticised for this.

Savage as the permenant 18th man is another one I'm confuised about. He has the X factor the team desperately needs. Yes he's young, but he's not going to get better sitting in the stands. He needs game time. I have genuine concerns he's going to sign with another club who can guarantee him a spot in the starting side.

I realise it's been a difficult start to the year with injuries, and with a lack of depth in the backs has seen Velemi (who I'm not a fan of) essentially have a permanent spot in the starting side.... but I just can't but feel that Ricky is starting to jump the shark a little bit.

In saying that, I'm an idiot that no one should listen to regarding rugby league.

What are your thoughts on Ricky's selections this year?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: What are your thoughts on Ricky's team selections?

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Sutton is a very standard meat and potatoes prop. I don't think he shifts the needle much either way. He'll make his 7 or 8 per carry but won't poke his nose through or offer much second phase threat. I think he is more a depth player than a sure fire top 17 guy.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Savage actually is playing the reggies games (3 so far) so he's getting whatever experience RIcky wants him to I hope. Personally I'd have had him on the wing when Cotric/Rapa were out as a great way to get him into the team. I can understand right now how things are with a relatively inexperienced #9 plus stopgap Frawley playing some minutes and rookie #7 that he doesn't want to introduce a third rookie into the 4 spine positions. I can at least see a logic for that part. I do though, think we need Savage in the team and CNK needs to be producing great footy to keep him out.

Sutton v Guler, meh. Close enough although arguably Sutton might have slightly more impact, Guler might yet match or surpass him, we'll see.

Elliot= plodder but he's the only spare edge/lock we have. Happy enough for Rushton/Mooney to play a couple of months in NSW Cup at least and have a proper look at Elliot.

Semi was the weirdest one and I fear Trbo will tear him up on that side- if not Stick is a genius!
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Very average
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I have a concussion.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

CNK has gone from being a borderline star, to bang average, to a huge liability in a matter of seasons. He actually seems scared of being hurt, he’s constantly on his haunches and sucking in deep breaths.
Futile in attack, slow to chase down balls and dodgy under the high ball. I feel this is the end for CNK, maybe some time in reggies he might discover some confidence, but I guess that season in 2019 where he starred was just pot luck.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

He did not have a good game, that's for sure. I don't think RIcky is gonna change his mind anytime soon though.
daley6
David Grant
Favourite Player: campo

Post by daley6 »

Savage at fullback is what ricky should do cnk to the centres
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

lacking spark, no lines being run or players in motion, it's all very slow and deep.
Sharks and Storm are flat and slick at speed

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

bump..

How’s morale ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Rocky is busy bagging the ref's to be worried about team performance and selections.

Sent from my SM-A536E using Tapatalk

This place is woke.