2022 Canberra Raiders injury/suspension update

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Re: 2022 Canberra Raiders injury/suspension update

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart teases timeline for Jamal Fogarty's Raiders debut after injury setback

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart isn't one to indulge in too much speculation about his squad, but he has given the strongest hint yet that injured half Jamal Fogarty could return earlier than first thought.

"I'll never look at what was expected. I look at what's the now, and he's training very well," the Canberra coach said."But the medical advice will be something that we'll start looking at soon in regards to what they feel will be an approximate return."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
rd12 if not this week imo

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrod Croker dislocates shoulder on Tuesday

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker will not play in the Raiders Round 12 match against the Eels after dislocating his shoulder on Tuesday. He will have scans in the coming days to determine the extent of the injury and see if it requires surgery.

Injuries/Suspension

NAME: Jarrod Croker
INJURY: Shoulder
EXPECTED RETURN: Indefinite

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/05 ... od-croker/

Canberra Raiders' captain Jarrod Croker dislocates his shoulder again, ruling him out for anticipated Eels return

Skipper Jarrod Croker dislocated his shoulder off the paddock on Tuesday night, ruling him out of his anticipated return against the Parramatta Eels at Canberra Stadium on Sunday. The club confirmed it was the same shoulder he injured against the Canterbury Bulldogs in round nine.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... aking_news

Raiders' Croker reinjures shoulder at home: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-6931725
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

poor bastard can't take a trick, 11 seasons of reliable body but he's flat out fallen apart

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

You can’t make this up.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seems he didn't even dislocate his shoulder in training. Must have been very unstable.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I think Toots body is trying to tell him a message he needs to listen to.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Phil Rothfield saying Jarrod was just "doing an odd job" at home when his shoulder popped out again, had to call the club doctor to have it put back in.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

BJ wrote: May 25, 2022, 4:17 pm I think Toots body is trying to tell him a message he needs to listen to.
Yep
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: May 25, 2022, 6:33 pm Phil Rothfield saying Jarrod was just "doing an odd job" at home when his shoulder popped out again, had to call the club doctor to have it put back in.
Peeling spuds felt it go.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: May 25, 2022, 6:33 pm Phil Rothfield saying Jarrod was just "doing an odd job" at home when his shoulder popped out again, had to call the club doctor to have it put back in.
And that my friends is why you shouldn’t help out around home.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Billy Walker wrote:
Image That’s Pier Pressure for you.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

If it just popped back out and they were able to relocate it easily at home, then maybe it's not too bad? Maybe just another couple of weeks???? Some more strengthening, some more work?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

If it’s that unstable that it pops out at home doing something which presumably doesn’t involve much… it’s bound to be surgery.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

the pain of a dislocated shoulder the 1st time is like nothing I've ever felt otherwise, instantaneous 11/10 pain and I was dry wretching, the moment it popped in was relief to a 6/10 thankfully about 20 seconds for me.
Subsequent pop outs were less painful but I've not heard of too many people not needing surgery once is popped out more than once.

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

NRL Physio (via 7 News) reports it was dislocated reaching for the TV remote at home. Poor Crokes

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: May 25, 2022, 7:57 pm
He needs to get a magic dishwasher like mine. If I leave it long enough it always empties itself.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Sid wrote: May 26, 2022, 9:18 am NRL Physio (via 7 News) reports it was dislocated reaching for the TV remote at home. Poor Crokes
If that qualifies as "doing an odd job at home" then then I'm the master of housework. :thumbsup
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Northern Raider wrote:
Sid wrote: May 26, 2022, 9:18 am NRL Physio (via 7 News) reports it was dislocated reaching for the TV remote at home. Poor Crokes
If that qualifies as "doing an odd job at home" then then I'm the master of housework. :thumbsup
had his son on his lap, reached back for the remote and popped out

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

CNK looking pretty good going through his routines on the sideline at the captain’s run. I’d say he’d be back at least a game or two early.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

When is cnk due back?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Out six weeks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jarrod Croker requires surgery and will miss the rest of the season

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker will miss the remainder of the season after scans revealed he will require surgery on his injured shoulder.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2022/06 ... od-croker/

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker to miss rest of season

It's the news no one wanted to hear. Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker will undergo surgery on his right shoulder and is set to miss the rest of the 2022 NRL season. He'll go under the knife in the coming weeks after meeting with the surgeon this week. It has the 31-year-old stranded on 292 NRL games after adding just one to his tally this year.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/terri ... 2a38f2fef7

https://canberraweekly.com.au/raiders-c ... he-season/
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Come on universe, this is wildly unfair. We just wanted another eight games from him, that was it! That was all you had to give us!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Surely this should see him retire? Sad but he should do what’s best for the club…
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I think it’s best for him and his after football life to retire, not just a benefit for the club.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Ilanraiders wrote: June 3, 2022, 2:42 pm Surely this should see him retire? Sad but he should do what’s best for the club…
He should do what is best for him and his family.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The club entered the contract, he has every right to aim to get back on the field next year. And I’d love to see him get to 300 games.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: June 3, 2022, 2:49 pm The club entered the contract, he has every right to aim to get back on the field next year. And I’d love to see him get to 300 games.
This exactly. No-one should be trying to bully him into medical retirement.

Croker is not Darius Boyd, he will not do to us what Boyd did to the Broncos. He should be given the chance. After all, you all were crowing that he should be done last year, and yet when Croker returned this year he looked perfectly fine, back at first grade standard and even lifting the team. I see no reason he shouldn't be given every opportunity to rehab this injury too and given the opportunity to make the team again next year and play firsts.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Sad news about Jarrod.

Hope to see him back for the toughest pre season ever.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Botman wrote: June 3, 2022, 2:49 pm
Ilanraiders wrote: June 3, 2022, 2:42 pm Surely this should see him retire? Sad but he should do what’s best for the club…
Yep, he should’ve thought of that last year before his last op…
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Hopefully he can be medically retired and be paid out his full contract.

When reaching for a TV remote control results in a full shoulder reco, your body is telling you something.

The more damage he does the more long term pain and suffering he’s in. He’s had a great career and he doesn’t have to prove it by playing another half-dozen games.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Elliott Whitehead backs Jarrod Croker to return after season-ending surgery

Elliott Whitehead wants to see Jarrod Croker back next season - because he deserves to play 300 NRL games.

"He means a lot to this club and what he's done over the years - well not many people have done that at this club. For me hopefully he does get back playing and can reach that 300 for the club because he deserves it. He's one of those people that really does deserve it."

‘Terrible news’: Jarrod Croker to miss remainder of 2022 season: https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/terri ... 2a38f2fef7

Canberra Raiders legend Jarrod Croker’s career under threat after TV remote injury: https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-7039402
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

That’s unfortunate for Jarrod. I hope his surgery goes well.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Agree, and I believe that's 2yrs in reggies earning $500k+.

Can't believe people care so much about the 300-game mark. He's a club legend for his longevity and leadership, 8 games either way isn't going to change anything.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 3, 2022, 10:46 pm
Agree, and I believe that's 2yrs in reggies earning $500k+.

Can't believe people care so much about the 300-game mark. He's a club legend for his longevity and leadership, 8 games either way isn't going to change anything.
Agreed. 8 games doesnt change a thing.
His legacy is what it is. And most raiders fans will remember him as fondly being a 292 game player who's given us what he has, as they would being a 300 game player
All things being perfect, yeah he'd have gotten to 300, but that's not how it worked out for him

Right now, his decision is whether he's willing to commit to another off season of dedicated rehab, or if he doesnt think it's worth it, at which point the club and he might explore medical retirement, and if that's not on the cards, a negotiation with the club on how much they're willing to pay, and how much he's willing to take for everyone to walk away (he's not walking away without getting MOST of that money, he might be willing to sacrifice SOME of it, if a clean medical retirement is not on the cards, or he may not! That's his call)

And that's entirely his decision and on his terms, which is what he deserves and is his right.