Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

The Politics Thread 2022

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Thoughts on where Trump will be in 3 years time? In a gaol cell? In the oval office? 6 foot under.

The congressional hearings have been damming. The DOJ are clearly going deep in building a case against him over the classified documents.

Will it matter? Is that country so broken that he is untouchable?
He’s either going to be in jail or he’s going to be President of the United States. And I honestly keep flipping on which one.

It really does look like they’re going to nail him to the wall though, thank ****.
But which judge is going to convict him?

And if they do, what will be the response of his heavily armed red neck supporters?
There’ll be chaos. There’ll be absolute chaos, and violence. But it won’t be on as large a scale as people think, and the law should be able to get it under control

However, if they DON’T do something now they could face the very unraveling of their democracy if they let the **** back in power… and I think everyone is realising this now

It could all be a moot point anyway… He’s absolutely unraveling over on Truth Social the Last week after the FBI raid, it really is a site to behold
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Re: The Politics Thread 2022

Post by Mickey_Raider »

It is the most trite take ever to marvel at Trump but I had a peek at one of his recent rally videos yesterday.

Just the laziest exhibition of demagoguery and populism imaginable.
Last edited by Mickey_Raider on September 3, 2022, 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up The Milk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gergreg wrote: September 2, 2022, 9:03 pm He's too wealthy to go to jail.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Just like Bill Clinton, hey?

Didn't stop the likes of Bill Cosby or Epstein from justice.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

The Politics Thread 2022

Post by The Nickman »

The guy is genuinely a danger to democracy the world over, I’d love nothing more to see the **** locked up tomorrow, just deal with the consequences and his nutjobs when it happens.

Otherwise the problem could be so much worse in another few years, particularly if he gains power again.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

You're deluded mate.

A good bloke? Sure. But misguided
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:

Comparing Bill Clinton to Donald Trump is pretty disingenuous, dubs… even for you
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:You're deluded mate.

A good bloke? Sure. But misguided
Of COURSE you’re a Trump supporter dubs, of course you are, but answer me just one question… why?

In fact, answer me another question too… why do you believe all the most **** things? You’re a good guy at heart, why do you support all the most horrible people and nasty beliefs? Makes no sense to me.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 9:57 pm
dubby wrote:

Comparing Bill Clinton to Donald Trump is pretty disingenuous, dubs… even for you

Look into the Clinton's mate. They're a morally extinct mob.

Not excusing the Don. I believe all politicians are lying disgusting humans. If I had my way....TR would rule the earth, Fergus would be treasurer and you'd be minister for sport

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
dubby wrote:

Not excusing the Don. I believe all politicians are lying disgusting humans. If I had my way....TR would rule the earth, Fergus would be treasurer and you'd be minister for sport
Bill Clinton slept with an intern… Donald Trump incited an armed mob and tried to overturn a democratic election to retain power.

One of these things is not like the other.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

The Politics Thread 2022

Post by The Nickman »

Wait, wait… are you about to tell me that the world is run by satanic globalist pedophiles?
Last edited by The Nickman on September 2, 2022, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Anyone.....ANYONE defending the Clinton's while bashing Trump is blinded by political bias.

Again.... I'm not defending Don.

But both sides are morally inept. It's how it's presented

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

That’s absolute garbage dubs, I’m not blinded by political blindness, I’m not even left-wing!

Now you’re just throwing out grade a bullplop

I think if anyone here is misguided by their beliefs… it’s you
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 10:05 pm Wait, wait… are you about to tell me that the world is run by satanic globalist pedophiles?

Wait what?

No.

I want the world to be run by TR and Fergus.

You'd have a say. Probably build Rocky a huge stadium you dodgy bugger

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

The Politics Thread 2022

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 10:05 pm Wait, wait… are you about to tell me that the world is run by satanic globalist pedophiles?

Wait what?

No.

I want the world to be run by TR and Fergus.

You'd have a say. Probably build Rocky a huge stadium you dodgy bugger
Look, TR and Fergus are definitely not pedophiles, but one of them is satanic and the other is a globalist, I’ll let you figure out which is which, but neither of them are **** stars!
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Well.

Not recently.

dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Neither of them are liars, idiots, a **** star or a communist

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

The Politics Thread 2022

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:The guy is genuinely a danger to democracy the world over, I’d love nothing more to see the **** locked up tomorrow, just deal with the consequences and his nutjobs when it happens.

Otherwise the problem could be so much worse in another few years, particularly if he gains power again.
I think Democracy is having a bit of a **** time lately where self-serving twats are making authoritarian regimes look better than they should.

Need to make sure people like Trump and ScoMo get what’s coming to them (jail and broad recognition of a failure to advance our country respectively) to get our Democracy back on the rails and electing people who want to improve the place for everyone.

Really need it to be politically unviable for the LNP to have people like Dutton and Joyce in their leadership.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

I hope they don't put Trump in jail. I hope he runs again and gets slaughtered in the polls. That is the best way for the democracy brand to recover. The best possible result is that this happens in the primaries.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Boomercm wrote:I hope they don't put Trump in jail. I hope he runs again and gets slaughtered in the polls. That is the best way for the democracy brand to recover. The best possible result is that this happens in the primaries.
Yeah, agree entirely.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

The Nickman wrote: September 3, 2022, 9:03 am
Boomercm wrote:I hope they don't put Trump in jail. I hope he runs again and gets slaughtered in the polls. That is the best way for the democracy brand to recover. The best possible result is that this happens in the primaries.
Yeah, agree entirely.
Look to the mid terms in November as a potential gauge of where things are at. Typically incumbent governments get destroyed.

Apparently there has been a recent uptick in approval for the Dems in light of the trump stuff, Roe v Wade, a slight easing in oil prices and inflation, and a few legislative wins.

If the republicans don’t regain control of congress, it could portend that things may not be tracking that well in MAGA land for 2024.
Up The Milk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:
Yeah, agree entirely.
How about he runs, gets slaughtered and then gets put in jail?

I mean it’d be nice to have signs that Democracy is learning from it’s mistakes and not electing toxic people. Be good news for the future.

But on the flip side I think we also need to see consequences for criminal behaviour. Have confidence that the systems are strong enough to bring justice. Not that if you’ve got enough fans and money, you can sit there, call red blue and do things that undermine society.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

gangrenous wrote: September 3, 2022, 9:22 am
The Nickman wrote:
Yeah, agree entirely.

I mean it’d be nice to have signs that Democracy is learning from it’s mistakes and not electing toxic people. Be good news for the future.

But on the flip side I think we also need to see consequences for criminal behaviour. Have confidence that the systems are strong enough to bring justice. Not that if you’ve got enough fans and money, you can sit there, call red blue and do things that undermine society.
Or he runs…and wins?

Non-mandatory voting systems heavily rely on voting base enthusiasm.

2/3s of people might be utterly repulsed by Trump but he could still get up if there is an asymmetry of enthusiasm.
Up The Milk
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

We’re talking what we’d like to see as opposed to predictions or apocalyptic possibilities
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

gangrenous wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Yeah, agree entirely.

I'll have one of these thanks. Image
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

dubby wrote:Anyone.....ANYONE defending the Clinton's while bashing Trump is blinded by political bias.

Enlighten us Dubby. What have the Clintons done that are in any way comparable to Trump?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

HOLY ****, did i just stumble into something!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 2, 2022, 9:33 pm It is the most trite take ever to marvel at Trump but I had a peek at one of his recent rally videos yesterday.

Just the laziest exhibition of demagoguery and populism imaginable.
Indeed. It's just hitting all the classics and people think its something new.

FWIW i dont think he'll get back in, and nor do i think he'll end up in jail... thought maybe he should. I think (perhaps naively so) that this will all sort of peter out. Ive rarely been right on these things though so take that for what it's worth
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 3, 2022, 11:43 am
dubby wrote:Anyone.....ANYONE defending the Clinton's while bashing Trump is blinded by political bias.

Enlighten us Dubby. What have the Clintons done that are in any way comparable to Trump?
Prepare for some pizza gate nonsense.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 5:43 pm
Dr Zaius wrote:Thoughts on where Trump will be in 3 years time? In a gaol cell? In the oval office? 6 foot under.

The congressional hearings have been damming. The DOJ are clearly going deep in building a case against him over the classified documents.

Will it matter? Is that country so broken that he is untouchable?
He’s either going to be in jail or he’s going to be President of the United States. And I honestly keep flipping on which one.

It really does look like they’re going to nail him to the wall though, thank ****.
Nah won’t be president again he’s lost too many Republicans, Desantis will be their next nominee.

Can’t see him going to gaol either unfortunately but I do see him being under house containment (or whatever it’s called).

He’s done too much with the records to get away with it or be president again.
Last edited by Manbush on September 4, 2022, 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

The Nickman wrote: September 2, 2022, 10:02 pm
dubby wrote:
dubby wrote:

Bill Clinton slept with an intern… Donald Trump incited an armed mob and tried to overturn a democratic election to retain power.

One of these things is not like the other.
Add to that stole classified documents which has potentially put the US at high security risk.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

IMO They will never put an ex-president or current president for that matter in goal. It would just make the US look weak and destabilase the country.
I think the best you can hope for is charges bought against him, hopefully taking the wind out of his sails coming up to the election.
Manbush
Mal Meninga

Post by Manbush »

Riaan wrote: September 7, 2022, 12:36 pm IMO They will never put an ex-president or current president for that matter in goal. It would just make the US look weak and destabilase the country.
I think the best you can hope for is charges bought against him, hopefully taking the wind out of his sails coming up to the election.
Not locking him up makes them look even weaker, he stole top secret nuclear documents and who knows what he did with them, last people who stole nuclear information were executed.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Manbush wrote:
Riaan wrote: September 7, 2022, 12:36 pm IMO They will never put an ex-president or current president for that matter in goal. It would just make the US look weak and destabilase the country.
Not locking him up makes them look even weaker, he stole top secret nuclear documents and who knows what he did with them, last people who stole nuclear information were executed.
Is it too much to hope for EDIT?
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Manbush wrote: September 7, 2022, 3:12 pm
Regardless he won’t be seeing the inside of a prison cell. People thinking he will are getting their hopes and will be pretty disappointed. Even if it’s all true.