Raiders player signing speculation 2022

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2022

Post by BadnMean »

The Nickman wrote: July 6, 2022, 3:13 pm Haha the year we made the grand final Stuart still only polled 5% of votes for Best Coach?

That says it all, really. Just a terrible, terrible coach.
Behind Stephen Kearney.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

bonehead wrote: July 6, 2022, 2:36 pm
hakuna Rapana wrote:With CNK leaving and Recce Walsh going back to brissy the club should target Tesi Niu
certainly not lacking ability Tesi Niu but I think Savage is trending the right way.

We need a replacement ready for Rapana, he just can't keep dragging us around nearly single-handedly forever

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
Harley Smith Shields shouldn't be forgotten, I hope he comes back strong, he looked destined for good things in his fg appearances
Bennyinthewest
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Bennyinthewest »

Hard to argue....like not joking

We could get away with 2 scoots n a hit up every set because it was prime Cotric, rapa n BJ

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I'd love for us to have a crack at Adam Doueihi. Apparently he is fed up at the tigers as he wants to play in the halves. I know he has come off an ACL but he is a gun and it could allow us to move wighton to 13, which as many of you have said, is where his best years lie ahead.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

FROG wrote:I'd love for us to have a crack at Adam Doueihi. Apparently he is fed up at the tigers as he wants to play in the halves. I know he has come off an ACL but he is a gun and it could allow us to move wighton to 13, which as many of you have said, is where his best years lie ahead.
Doueihi goes OK, not really a game changer for mine, but it probably improves our team to get Wighton into the forwards.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

We desperately need a ball playing fullback. That's where it's at these days. Bonus points if he can tackle.

Lol.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Looked at my Twitter feed this morning and seeing tweets that are linking the Raiders and Luke Brooks together for next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

LastRaider wrote: July 7, 2022, 8:59 am Looked at my Twitter feed this morning and seeing tweets that are linking the Raiders and Luke Brooks together for next year

I wouldn't pay much attention to that... most of those tweets probably came from afffakdjgjhtktktjja
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

But the sad thing is you could see the Raiders signing a Luke Brooks. You can imagine the conversation

Ricky: Hey Donny, Luke Brooks might be available. Great family man, good bloke and never played a finals game. Good fit eh?

Don: That’s a Raiders signing through and through. He is contracted at $950k a season… we can’t pay him that though

Ricky: Of course not, can’t have him paid more than my man Wighton. We’ll offer him $900k! What do you think?

Don: Bargin.

Ricky: That’ll shove it in the fans faces about not being able to recruit top talent. I’ll get on the blower now and tip of Kenty at NRL360

President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

Brooks needs to leave the Tigers.

We might see a Matthew Stafford to the Rams kind of success with his career. It’s been a very unhappy marriage.

Basket case of a club.
Crash Ball
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Crash Ball »

If the Tigers paid say 500 to 600k freight for Brooks he could be a good signing.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

he didn't even need to wash his jersey Sunday, he is flat out ghosting

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Raiders will never ever sign Brooks due to who is player manager is.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Brooks isn't coming here.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Ok... let's look at players we should try to pinch a yr early.

Off contract 2022:
Keenan Palasia - Bronx mid/edge.
RFM - Dogs edge
Dean Ieremia - Strom winger (solid depth)
Daejain Asi - Warriors half/FB/ctr
Jack Murchie - Warriors depth, return home?
Solomona Naiduki - another Eels Fijian flyer
Micheal Molo - Dragz young prop
Angus Crichton - Chooks edge (won't happen, for loads of reasons, but id throw coin at him and force chooks up).
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

Surely Broncos will have to lose a player with the Reece Walsh signing. He would be at fullback or five eight but they've also got Cobbo and Farnsworth wanting to play fullback, and Staggs and Mam wanting to play at five eight.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Herbie Farnworth as a centre/fullback/wing would be a great pick up.

As mentioned earlier of elsewhere Rapana is on old legs and can’t carry the ‘get out’ load forever.

I’ve mentioned previously that Angus Crichton would be a very good pick up.

Also, what about Trindell from Cronulla… He has Moylan and Hynes blocking his path
1. Savage
2. Cotric
3. Kris/HSS
4. Farnworth *** / Timoko
5. Rapana
6. Trindell ***
7. Fogarty
8. Papalii
9. Woolford
10. Tapine
11. Young
12. Crichton ***
13. Wighton

14. Starling
15. Mooney
16. Rushton
17. Horsburgh
18. CHN
19. Whitehead
20. Schneider

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Raiders_Pat wrote: July 10, 2022, 11:20 am Surely Broncos will have to lose a player with the Reece Walsh signing. He would be at fullback or five eight but they've also got Cobbo and Farnsworth wanting to play fullback, and Staggs and Mam wanting to play at five eight.
Staggs has already had that convo. He's staying at centre unless someone gives him silly money. Their current fullback Martin is moving on.
Cobbo would remain at wing or even shift to centre over the next couple of years. Had enough fullback time to understand he needs to improve and more experience.
Farnworth the most likely to go.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

A few mentions of fringe outside backs from other clubs. I think we'd be silly to punt Anderson to have a punt on someone from elsewhere. I still think he'd hold his own as a winger in first grade.

With Rapana, Cotric, Savage, Timoko, HSS, Kris, (Croker) plus others including 2 junior origin reps this year I think it would be silly to spend any money there at all.

If we've signed the 3 hookers the squad needs a fullback option, backrowers, a utility and someone to pressure Fogarty and the make-up of the halves.

Hopefully the Connor thing has some legs. The squad desperately needs some natural creativity and ball play.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

President Clinton wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:30 am Brooks needs to leave the Tigers.

We might see a Matthew Stafford to the Rams kind of success with his career. It’s been a very unhappy marriage.

Basket case of a club.
I can't believe it's taken so long but people have finally realised that Brooks' reign of 190 games as their halfback is a primary cause for their dearth of success for a decade.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Yeah I think we do the Broncos method, buy 2-3 fringe halves and hope one of them sticks

Buying backs and even forwards won't do much imo

It's not ideal, ultimately it worked for the Broncos because they got Reynolds...but I can't see much other option
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

julian87 wrote:
President Clinton wrote: July 7, 2022, 9:30 am Brooks needs to leave the Tigers.

Basket case of a club.
I can't believe it's taken so long but people have finally realised that Brooks' reign of 190 games as their halfback is a primary cause for their dearth of success for a decade.
Take your point, but if I was a Tigers fan I'd be more pissed at an administration that let go of Tedesco, Moses, Leilua, Taupau, Addo-Carr, Papenhuyzen, Fifita, Sironen, Koroibete, Suli, Marshall-King...etc etc...

Blaming one person for the dysfunction of an entire organisation is a bit harsh.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 11, 2022, 4:19 pm
julian87 wrote:

Basket case of a club.
Take your point, but if I was a Tigers fan I'd be more pissed at an administration that let go of Tedesco, Moses, Leilua, Taupau, Addo-Carr, Papenhuyzen, Fifita, Sironen, Koroibete, Suli, Marshall-King...etc etc...

Blaming one person for the dysfunction of an entire organisation is a bit harsh.

Oh absolutely. They're a shambles. And have been for a very long time.

Definitely not blaming one person just acknowledging he's a huge part of the problem because he's pretty ****. His retention and current contract at this point of his career is definitely worse than any one of those players you've mentioned leaving imo.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

julian87 wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 11, 2022, 4:19 pm
julian87 wrote:

Basket case of a club.

Oh absolutely. They're a shambles. And have been for a very long time.

Definitely not blaming one person just acknowledging he's a huge part of the problem because he's pretty ****. His retention and current contract at this point of his career is definitely worse than any one of those players you've mentioned leaving imo.
He's definitely over-paid and not someone you build a team around, that's for sure.

I still think there's a reasonable player in there though. Clearly more of a 5/8 to me than an organising halfback. A bit like Milford (who was clearly more talented at his peak).

Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

It’s not on the radar or even possible but I’d love us to have a player like Patrick Carrigan at our club. Brisbane seem to have unearthed a few decent forwards, Kobie Hethrington is another.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dusty wrote:It’s not on the radar or even possible but I’d love us to have a player like Patrick Carrigan at our club. Brisbane seem to have unearthed a few decent forwards, Kobie Hethrington is another.

Our club is desperate for a young leader like Carrigan. The Broncos have a real gem on their hands there.

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 12, 2022, 11:21 am
Dusty wrote:It’s not on the radar or even possible but I’d love us to have a player like Patrick Carrigan at our club. Brisbane seem to have unearthed a few decent forwards, Kobie Hethrington is another.

Our club is desperate for a young leader like Carrigan. The Broncos have a real gem on their hands there.

I don't think it's that far out to suggest Mooney could possibly morph into that role. He probably should play out the remainder of the season in the NRL 17 to have him primed for next season imo. Get minutes into him at lock to see what he's made of young for mine. The season is in the bin there's not much point him playing NSW Cup while Sutton and Elliott play first grade.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

julian87 wrote: July 12, 2022, 11:26 am
Seiffert82 wrote: July 12, 2022, 11:21 am

I don't think it's that far out to suggest Mooney could possibly morph into that role. He probably should play out the remainder of the season in the NRL 17 to have him primed for next season imo. Get minutes into him at lock to see what he's made of young for mine. The season is in the bin there's not much point him playing NSW Cup while Sutton and Elliott play first grade.
I agree with the idea but it seems his ankle injury from the weekend might require surgery.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I've just read that. That sucks.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Yea terrible to lose Mooney and Rushton. Fingers crossed Mooneys isn't as bad as feared.

Hopefully it's not an Achilles
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Once I realised our season was gone, the only thing keeping me keen was having a look at how our young fellas would handle 1st grade. Now that Harry and Mooney are injured I'm struggling to stay interested.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Not sure who's cat Greg Marzhew ran over, but we should be chasing him. He is your modern prototype winger, aka a prop with speed.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Truth

Also, great to see young Ethan Strange in the Origin tips video today.

He’s not quite ready but I think this kid will be our 7/6 for a long time

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Dusty wrote:Truth

Another Strange call from Dusty. Image
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Dusty wrote: July 13, 2022, 6:37 pm Truth

God i hope so. We desperately need the long term answer.