Wests Tigers 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Wests Tigers 2022

Post by greeneyed »

Squad Game: Wests Tigers 2022 roster changes and best 17

It was another long year for Tigers fans, with occasional flashes of promise and some emerging youngsters in between periods of underperformance and another year out of the finals. The return of 2005 premiership coach Tim Sheens as director of football has already had a positive effect with Api Koroisau and Isaiah Papali'i agreeing to terms for 2023 but they the cub needs to take some big strides in 2022 to give those stars something to work off.

Possible best 17
1. Daine Laurie 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Oliver Gildart 4. Adam Doueihi 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Jackson Hastings 7. Luke Brooks 8. James Tamou 9. Jacob Liddle 10. Stefano Utoikamanu 11. Luke Garner 12. Luciano Leilua 13. Tyrone Peachey 14.Jake Simpkin 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Alex Twal 17. Tom Mikaele

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2021/12/31/squ ... d-best-17/
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: Wests Tigers 2022

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

They've gone to 5 captains - haha love it from Madge. He's mad. Guess we find out who our captain(s) are in an hour.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

didn't Penrith have a similar thing last year or 2020?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Hope there's another season of Tigertown this year. Long shots of all the players forensically examining their shoes after a loss. Maguire starting the year all upbeat then losing his **** by round 3.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

gergreg wrote:Hope there's another season of Tigertown this year. Long shots of all the players forensically examining their shoes after a loss. Maguire starting the year all upbeat then losing his **** by round 3.
I think the ultimate would be the show getting canceled mid season or a mid season transfer to a team that could win the odd game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I felt Madge and Tigertown was the universe having a Yin and Yang reaction to Ted Lasso last year.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Apprently the first thing Sheens put a line through when he signed on was Tigertown, every other teams fans are poorer for it too.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

If we're not getting Tigertown at least give us Dragontown for 2022 season

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

Sid wrote:If we're not getting Tigertown at least give us Dragontown for 2022 season
Dragondrown?
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers set to axe coach Michael Maguire

Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire will reportedly coach his last game with the club this Sunday — however he claims this news is the first he’s heard of his looming sacking. Phil Rothfield broke the news on NRL 360 saying “there will be action” next week following the club’s internal review.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5bb12d5623
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha hope they have a big win.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

McGuire goooonnnnnne. 2 in 1 day

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

God, how the hell did he last so long?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Flanagan must be firming for a job given all the positions that are open.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

Ugh, I hate Flanagan having anything to do with rugby

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers confirm departure of Michael Maguire

Wests Tigers have today confirmed the departure of Michael Maguire as coach, effective immediately, after three-and-a-half seasons in the role.

Maguire was contracted with Wests Tigers until the end of the 2023 season, but the club confirmed that he would depart as coach ahead of their Round 14 clash against the Sea Eagles on Sunday.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/07/wes ... l-maguire/

Club statement

Wests Tigers and Michael Maguire part ways

Wests Tigers head coach, Michael Maguire, has today been terminated from his role, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers sincerely thanks Michael for all his hard work and effort over the past three and a half years. As this is no doubt a challenging time for all parties, the club would like to respect Michael's privacy, wish him all the very best and will make no further comment. For the rest of the season Brett Kimmorley will take over as Interim coach.

Wests Tigers media
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Sid wrote: June 7, 2022, 2:53 pm Ugh, I hate Flanagan having anything to do with rugby
Me too. If it was my decision he'd be no where near the game.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: June 7, 2022, 3:12 pm
Sid wrote: June 7, 2022, 2:53 pm Ugh, I hate Flanagan having anything to do with rugby
Should have received a lifetime ban.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: June 7, 2022, 3:16 pm
zim wrote: June 7, 2022, 3:12 pm
Should have received a lifetime ban.
I concur. Banned once and broke the terms of the ban. Displayed total disregard for the game on 2 occasions. No 3rd chances.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Whoever takes over for next season has to contend with paying their reserve grade halfback over 1 million of the salary cap.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders legends push for Tim Sheens to take over as head coach at Wests Tigers

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has declared Wests Tigers need an experienced coach who “won’t succumb to outside pressures” and can “handle the politics from above”. That is why Stuart has ignored club rivalry to urge Wests Tigers management to appoint Tim Sheens as head coach for the next two seasons. And Stuart’s support of Sheens was immediately shared by Raiders legends, Laurie Daley and Mal Meninga.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 45fded1ef7
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Maybe they should worry more about what’s happening at our own club.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: July 6, 2022, 12:57 am Maybe they should worry more about what’s happening at our own club.
What’s happening at our club ?

We are all systems go.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

They've gone from wanting Ciraldo to now considering everyone from Flanagan, Morris, Young, Price, Hannay, even Kearney. I hear even PJs monster is being interviewed.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:46 am They've gone from wanting Ciraldo to now considering everyone from Flanagan, Morris, Young, Price, Hannay, even Kearney. I hear even PJs monster is being interviewed.
You should throw your hat into the ring, dubois... can't do any worse!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Nickman wrote: July 6, 2022, 12:02 pm
dubby wrote: July 6, 2022, 9:46 am They've gone from wanting Ciraldo to now considering everyone from Flanagan, Morris, Young, Price, Hannay, even Kearney. I hear even PJs monster is being interviewed.
You should throw your hat into the ring, dubois... can't do any worse!
Coached an u12s team to success when I was 16 :hmmm
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders legends push for Tim Sheens to take over as head coach at Wests Tigers

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart has declared Wests Tigers need an experienced coach who “won’t succumb to outside pressures” and can “handle the politics from above”. That is why Stuart has ignored club rivalry to urge Wests Tigers management to appoint Tim Sheens as head coach for the next two seasons. And Stuart’s support of Sheens was immediately shared by Raiders legends, Laurie Daley and Mal Meninga.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 45fded1ef7
Wasnt he already their head coach, that got shafted because of farrer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers set to sign Benji Marshall on five-year deal to succeed Tim Sheens as coach in shock move

The Wests Tigers are set to drop a massive bombshell in appointing Benji Marshall as an assistant coach on a five-year deal that will see him take over from Tim Sheens as head coach in 2025. Marshall is set to ink a five-year contract that will see him work under Sheens before taking over the top job in two seasons time.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5778f2674f
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

greeneyed wrote: July 14, 2022, 5:42 pm Wests Tigers set to sign Benji Marshall on five-year deal to succeed Tim Sheens as coach in shock move

The Wests Tigers are set to drop a massive bombshell in appointing Benji Marshall as an assistant coach on a five-year deal that will see him take over from Tim Sheens as head coach in 2025. Marshall is set to ink a five-year contract that will see him work under Sheens before taking over the top job in two seasons time.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5778f2674f
Very unusual to announce a coach that far in advance and even for Sheens to coach now with the 2020 rule changes. Appointing someone that far in advance and without any coaching experience would not be approved by well run clubs or corporates accountable to shareholders.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers appoint Tim Sheens as head coach with Benji Marshall to take over in 2025

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Tim Sheens will take over as the club’s Head Coach in 2023 with his former premiership-winning playmakers Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah by his side.

Sheens will take charge for the 2023 and 2024 seasons as Head Coach, with Marshall and Farah as his assistants. Marshall will then assume the role as Head Coach for a further three seasons (2025-27).

Read more: https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/202 ... sion-plan/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Narrator: it did NOT end well
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

There surely isnt a soul alive who thinks this is a good idea or will work out for the tigers
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'd like it to work because Benji seems like a good bloke but this is a very 'tigers' move and being such is probably going to end in disaster. Sheens was dumped by a couple of ESL clubs (wasn't he?) because he had 'lost it' and that was a few years back.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

*raiders fans whining about Ricky and Don*

Tigers: hold my beer.
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

I'm amazed this hasn't had more negative attention in the media. Everyone's talking about what a great move it is, and how Benji will succeed. Nothing against Benji, but at the moment he's no coach. Sheens is past it and already got sacked by them like 15 years ago. This will only end in tears. And they only have themselves to blame.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.