Manly Sea Eagles 2022

Talk about NRL, State of Origin, Tests, Four Nations, World Cup, everything rugby league

Moderator: GH Moderators

Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Re: Manly Sea Eagles 2022

Post by Manbush »

Lmao well done to the 7 players, thanks to them Vlandy is considering a pride round in 2023 😂
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Botman wrote: July 27, 2022, 8:38 pm OK. But you asked me how i'd feel. So im not sure why how i feel has anything to do with Jack, Seb, Savage, or Joe, Bill and Bobby, or Mary, Margaret and Marge :lol:

These rounds are about promoting the codes inclusivity. This round is about women, some of the women we'd like to recognise and celebrate are also in the LGBTQI+ community. It's really not a big deal :lol:

And your the only person i've seen so far to even mention this angle.
I've seen plenty of people mentioning it on other platforms
Vaccinated
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

cat wrote: July 27, 2022, 9:17 pm
Botman wrote: July 27, 2022, 8:38 pm OK. But you asked me how i'd feel. So im not sure why how i feel has anything to do with Jack, Seb, Savage, or Joe, Bill and Bobby, or Mary, Margaret and Marge :lol:

These rounds are about promoting the codes inclusivity. This round is about women, some of the women we'd like to recognise and celebrate are also in the LGBTQI+ community. It's really not a big deal :lol:

And your the only person i've seen so far to even mention this angle.
I've seen plenty of people mentioning it on other platforms
Cool. Happy for you and those people to feel however they feel, you in particularly always seems to be eager to feel aggreived by something, so you do you i guess.

But it's not something ive seen expressed at all and in fact all the RL loving women in my life have all been very supportive of Manly's pride jersey. Not a single one of them have expressed feeling slighted by this at all.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL 360 and Paul Kent descending to new lows tonight.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

greeneyed wrote: July 27, 2022, 9:57 pm NRL 360 and Paul Kent descending to new lows tonight.
I've only seen that programme a couple of times - we don't get it over here - but even that is enough to know you're making quite the claim, there.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Ben Elias has always been one of the smarter ex-players around. Put Kent in his place and of course Anasta was pushing for the next segment as soon as he heard that. The show has really missed Ben Ikin through this - I'm confident he would have stepped in when it was three conservative 40 and 50-year old blokes completely missing the point on Tuesday night. The show is unwatchable for me after that, I did have to watch the Elias clip though.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Elias shutting them down was fantastic, as was Toovey's final quote - "if there is a higher power, i hope they are not a bigot"

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:NRL 360 and Paul Kent descending to new lows tonight.
What happened? I stopped watching that show when they started bringing Buzz “10am schooies in the Public Bar” Rothfield on as a regular guest
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

The Nickman wrote:
What happened? I stopped watching that show when they started bringing Buzz “10am schooies in the Public Bar” Rothfield on as a regular guest
Same, used to like it prior to that. Who could find him insightful, he is just a stupid old drunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

The Nickman wrote: July 28, 2022, 6:27 am
Turns out Buzz is the most liberal out of the usual panel. I know this because Kent / Hooper / Riccio confirmed nobody could be more conservative in 2022 on Tuesday night.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Rick wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
Same, used to like it prior to that. Who could find him insightful, he is just a stupid old drunk.

He’s the literal definition of a red nosed drunk.. it’s absurd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 27, 2022, 2:18 pm Wow. Manly has really stuffed this up.

All during the women in league round no less.

The whole thing has completely undermined whatever it is they were intending to do, has disenfranchised a big segment of their playing group (and their communities) and has taken the focus off what is quite a good initiative from the NRL regarding the huge contribution women have made to the sport.

A lot of people just look foolish as a result, including a large proportion of the community with religious beliefs, who may or may not support the stand these individuals have been somewhat wedged into making on whatever religious, cultural or family grounds they are also representing.

Being a little facetious, I'm also looking forward to the next club making a stand against illicit substance abuse, impacts of gambling, treatment of refugees, child exploitation, illegal fishing, plastics recycling and climate change. Every round can have a socially conscious theme!

The NRL is here to help!
I know you're being facetious, but equating those clear lifestyle choices with something which is known to absolutely NOT be a lifestyle choice is the biggest mistake people make in these types of discussions.

None of those above mentioned societal issues should be remotely considered in the same conversation as being gay or transgender.
Sorry Nickman, but I have to strongly disagree. Being a refugee, or exploited as a child, having your livelihood destroyed by illegal fishing or your environment destroyed by climate change is certainly not a lifestyle choice. Nor is being impacted by someone with a drug or gambling addiction.

Sexuality isn't the only issue that people are confronted with in their lives, without any choice in the matter. Either way, I have zero problem with any organisation promoting equality. That's not my point.

My point is being cynical of the Manly club trying to use this issue for some sort of public purpose when they clearly have had ZERO discussion with the players or staff about these issues within the club itself.

It has basically exposed it as a marketing tool, rather than an issue that the entire club is on board with addressing as a collective organisation.

This is precisely the wrong way to confront these issues. Now we are talking about whether the colour pink accurately represents women. It just shows there are a zillion opinions out there about almost everything.

I hope some good comes of it.

Last edited by Seiffert82 on July 28, 2022, 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 28, 2022, 10:05 am
The Nickman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 27, 2022, 2:18 pm Wow. Manly has really stuffed this up.

All during the women in league round no less.

The whole thing has completely undermined whatever it is they were intending to do, has disenfranchised a big segment of their playing group (and their communities) and has taken the focus off what is quite a good initiative from the NRL regarding the huge contribution women have made to the sport.

A lot of people just look foolish as a result, including a large proportion of the community with religious beliefs, who may or may not support the stand these individuals have been somewhat wedged into making on whatever religious, cultural or family grounds they are also representing.

Being a little facetious, I'm also looking forward to the next club making a stand against illicit substance abuse, impacts of gambling, treatment of refugees, child exploitation, illegal fishing, plastics recycling and climate change. Every round can have a socially conscious theme!

The NRL is here to help!
I know you're being facetious, but equating those clear lifestyle choices with something which is known to absolutely NOT be a lifestyle choice is the biggest mistake people make in these types of discussions.

None of those above mentioned societal issues should be remotely considered in the same conversation as being gay or transgender.
Sorry Nickman, but I have to strongly disagree. Being a refugee, or exploited as a child, having your livelihood destroyed by illegal fishing or your environment destroyed by climate change is certainly not a lifestyle choice. Nor is being impacted by someone with a drug or gambling addiction.

Sexuality isn't the only issue that people are confronted with in their lives, without any choice in the matter. Either way, I have zero problem with any organisation promoting equality, that's not my point.

My point is being cynical of the Manly club trying to use this issue for some sort of public purpose when they clearly have had ZERO discussion with the players or staff about these issues within the club itself.

It has basically exposed it as a marketing tool, rather than an issue that the entire club is on board with addressing as a collective organisation.
Look, I'll admit I didn't read your whole post, I just saw elicit drugs and gambling, I have to agree about a lot of those other points.

Happy to call it a well-fought draw.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Also, I didn't read your whole post again, so if there's any relevant points outside your first paragraph I either agree entirely or respectfully disagree.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It was one of the best footy shows before he turned up. Once a week. Really focused. They ruined a great product.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

zim wrote: July 28, 2022, 10:31 am
It was one of the best footy shows before he turned up. Once a week. Really focused. They ruined a great product.
Yeah agreed, when it was just Ikin and Kent and it was once a week it was a great show.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote:Also, I didn't read your whole post again, so if there's any relevant points outside your first paragraph I either agree entirely or respectfully disagree.
All good. Almost everyone here interprets, half reads or gets outraged by whatever they want.

It's The Greenhouse.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 28, 2022, 10:48 am
The Nickman wrote:Also, I didn't read your whole post again, so if there's any relevant points outside your first paragraph I either agree entirely or respectfully disagree.
All good. Almost everyone here interprets, half reads or gets outraged by whatever they want.

It's The Greenhouse.

Well I take THIS post to just be plain old deathriding of Savage again and wish you'd give it a break!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote:
Seiffert82 wrote: July 28, 2022, 10:48 am

It's The Greenhouse.

Well I take THIS post to just be plain old deathriding of Savage again and wish you'd give it a break!
And here's me thinking I was making it too subtle.

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Manbush wrote:
Raider Azz wrote: July 27, 2022, 4:39 pm
Manbush wrote:I’m currently in Pattaya for holidays and it’s amazing how much more accepting they are of people who are different, western culture could learn a lot.
You should probably do a little reading into lgbtq+ rights in thailand. it is not the paradise you seem to think it is, for locals in particular

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
Yeah no idea about the laws etc but I see how they’re treated by the people here in Pattaya anyway.
God bless the happy people of Thailand and all their basic human rights.

Let's not dig any further into that little quagmire.

pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The Nickman wrote:Here's a very good video of Trent Robinson speaking out against the Manly players who refused to wear the jersey... he continues to impress me every time I've seen him speak in either a press conference or interview, or met him in person

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more-sp ... 26ae874501
Good to see someone hitting mark on this publicly. Inclusion doesn’t prevent anyone having different views, it just means that everyone is included regardless of them.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

So they are just *********? Happy to wear next year as long as they get asked?
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Benny Elias and Geoff Toovey just went up in my estimation.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’ll grant Nickman the honesty to admit to a misread. I posted an image a few months ago that he and a couple of others thought showed the opposite of what I claimed, but when I showed a second image supporting my original post, he was the only one to re-post an admission that he got it wrong first time round.
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

reptar wrote: July 29, 2022, 8:13 pm Benny Elias and Geoff Toovey just went up in my estimation.
Yep I honestly wasn’t expecting that from those two, always liked them as players good to see they also have some human decency as well.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BJ wrote:
I’ll grant Nickman the honesty to admit to a misread. I posted an image a few months ago that he and a couple of others thought showed the opposite of what I claimed, but when I showed a second image supporting my original post, he was the only one to re-post an admission that he got it wrong first time round.
Settle down BJ. This is the bag the Nickman forum, not the praise the Nickman forum!
Shoving it in your face since 2017
President Clinton
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by President Clinton »

BJ wrote: July 29, 2022, 9:32 pm
Thanks for that Ms Nickman, we really appreciate your sons contributions to the forum.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Manbush wrote:
reptar wrote: July 29, 2022, 8:13 pm Benny Elias and Geoff Toovey just went up in my estimation.
Yep I honestly wasn’t expecting that from those two, always liked them as players good to see they also have some human decency as well.
Toovey’s comment was a real mic drop moment.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

What did he say?

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

That there’s got to be an investigation!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Rick wrote:What did he say?

“I’m not a religious man, but I’d like to think that if there is a higher being, they’re not a bigot”
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:That there’s got to be an investigation!
He’s not wrong!
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

reptar wrote:

“I’m not a religious man, but I’d like to think that if there is a higher being, they’re not a bigot”
Spot on.

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think the highlight of this fiasco for me was seeing people ask to keep politics out of sports and how quickly those people were given a history lesson on the birth of RL :lol:
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Rick wrote:
reptar wrote:

Spot on.

Braith changed topics right away