Adam Elliott to join Newcastle Knights

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Canberra Raiders looking to extend Adam Elliott by further two years

Post by Matt »

If Adam Elliott brings us Millie Boyle as inaugural capt of the women's team, I'll take him as a squad member.
Even if we double his current deal, he'd only be on 400k. That's bench money, and with his versatility, that's fine. I could live with that.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Wow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This place is woke.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Matt wrote: May 13, 2022, 1:36 pm If Adam Elliott brings us Millie Boyle as inaugural capt of the women's team, I'll take him as a squad member.
Even if we double his current deal, he'd only be on 400k. That's bench money, and with his versatility, that's fine. I could live with that.
One decision shouldn’t have any influence on the other. My word that is backwards thinking.

Do the best thing for both the mens and womens sides - don’t diminish one to enhance the other
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Rickmando wrote: May 13, 2022, 2:09 pm
Matt wrote: May 13, 2022, 1:36 pm If Adam Elliott brings us Millie Boyle as inaugural capt of the women's team, I'll take him as a squad member.
One shouldn’t have an influence on the other. My word that is backwards thinking.

Do the best thing for both the mens and womens sides - don’t diminish one to enhance the other
I used 'bench' and 'squad member'. You need 30 players at the end on the day, and right now, he is better than most of our squad.

If this gets our women's team off the ground you 100% do it. Spend money to make money! It's good business - look at the Cleary's, Fifita's, Barba's, plenty of precidents, just not different genders or teams.

We have more pressing squad issues than Elliott. And 2yrs is a good contract length. None of this 4 or 5+ garbage .
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Does this mean Stick would be promoted to WNRL coach? Do we even have a WNRL team yet?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart 'very confident' of re-signing Adam Elliott

Ricky Stuart says contract talks between management and the club are progressing well.

"I want to keep him here, and talks with Kelly Egan and David Riolo are all very healthy at the moment, so I'm very confident that will be the case. It's just a matter of tying up a few bits and pieces to their communications of the deal."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'd rather win the NRL than the NRLW
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

greeneyed wrote: May 14, 2022, 4:47 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart 'very confident' of re-signing Adam Elliott

Ricky Stuart says contract talks between management and the club are progressing well.

"I want to keep him here, and talks with Kelly Egan and David Riolo are all very healthy at the moment, so I'm very confident that will be the case. It's just a matter of tying up a few bits and pieces to their communications of the deal."

Satisfies the daily quota of Adam Elliott-related media I guess
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: May 14, 2022, 4:47 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart 'very confident' of re-signing Adam Elliott

Of all the things to tie up- communication of the deal is the remaining puzzle piece. Elliot's vast web of media commitments, clauses and obligations has Dons backroom staff scrambling to keep up, feeding data into a giant, wall sized 1960s supercomputer covered in glowing buttons, hissing steam and spitting out a steady diet of paper which seems to a scrambled, yet complete copy of The I Ching.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

This article is gold.

1. For some reason it's the only CT article not behind a paywall. Adam Elliott's team have done it again.

2. Why does it matter that he's dating a 50-game Raiders daughter? Are we that rooted in nepotism that who a player is dating now factors into recruitment?
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 14, 2022, 7:52 pm

This article is gold.

1. For some reason it's the only CT article not behind a paywall. Adam Elliott's team have done it again.

2. Why does it matter that he's dating a 50-game Raiders daughter? Are we that rooted in nepotism that who a player is dating now factors into recruitment?
yes
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Club is going further downhill
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: May 14, 2022, 7:52 pm

This article is gold.

On point 2
She is one of the best woman’s players in the world
The club is launching its WNRL team

I don’t think it has THAT much to do with her old man, it is 95% to do with her talent and ability
I just think that the launch of the WNRL team being led by a second generation raiders is a very nice bit of PR to help launch the team

So I don’t think nepotism is at play here on this occasion. I think the club desperately wants Millie Boyle because she’s a gun. but yes, unfortunately I think Adam Elliott going to be the beneficiary of this
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

She’s also the niece of a 300+ game champion.
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:She’s also the niece of a 300+ game champion.
Beaver Menzies is her uncle?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: May 13, 2022, 7:56 am How are you surprised? This is JC, the man who has been the fabric of the culture for the last 10+ years over which we have had the greatest player scandals and underperformance in the history of the club. The bloke himself is record holding underperformer holding loss records that will never be surpassed. The only difference is the fans lap up the media propaganda about JC and see through the Elliot stories.
What a load of inaccurate codswallop.
Blows my mind this troll is still allowed to post, but I guess if you ban him he just creates another account and goes again.

At least we know where he is this way.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Millie signed with knights today, hopefully Adam follows suit

Edrick The Entertainer
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

bonehead wrote: May 18, 2022, 12:35 pm Millie signed with knights today, hopefully Adam follows suit

Maybe that's why he's 18th man 😂
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Canberra Milk wrote: May 18, 2022, 1:44 pm
bonehead wrote: May 18, 2022, 12:35 pm Millie signed with knights today, hopefully Adam follows suit

I suspect that'll be the end of Adam and his continual puff pieces, if we're being perfectly honest.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

The Nickman wrote: May 18, 2022, 2:14 pm

I suspect that'll be the end of Adam and his continual puff pieces, if we're being perfectly honest.
Ye of too much faith.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The Nickman wrote: May 18, 2022, 2:14 pm

Please Lord be true!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Ricky did throws the toys out of the cot when Sutton signed elsewhere... and Sutton is a more reliable Fger than Elliot.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: May 18, 2022, 2:52 pm

Ricky did throws the toys out of the cot when Sutton signed elsewhere... and Sutton is a more reliable Fger than Elliot.
Well…. Only if Fger is short for first grader.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: May 16, 2022, 9:07 am
greeneyed wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: May 13, 2022, 7:56 am How are you surprised? This is JC, the man who has been the fabric of the culture for the last 10+ years over which we have had the greatest player scandals and underperformance in the history of the club. The bloke himself is record holding underperformer holding loss records that will never be surpassed. The only difference is the fans lap up the media propaganda about JC and see through the Elliot stories.
Blows my mind this troll is still allowed to post, but I guess if you ban him he just creates another account and goes again.

I suspect a lava lamp would also blow your mind so I’m not shocked that you find it confusing when someone holds a different view to your own.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Got a link to that story bonehead?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:00 pm
greeneyed wrote:

I suspect a lava lamp would also blow your mind so I’m not shocked that you find it confusing when someone holds a different view to your own.
Took you three days to think of that, hey?

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

greeneyed wrote:

Got a link to that story bonehead?
also her bestie Katie Brown mentioned it monday

Edrick The Entertainer
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Nickman wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:08 pm
Billy Walker wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:00 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Took you three days to think of that, hey?

I finished workshopping it 2 days ago but it took time for the focus groups to come back to me.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Here’s the official announcement.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

With Boyle out of the picture I don’t see any value in Adam
I wish him all success owed to him as a Newcastle knight
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

For this season only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Botman wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:41 pm With Boyle out of the picture I don’t see any value in Adam
Put another way - nobody wants the puss that remains after you squeeze a boil out!
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

It’s for this season only with Millie isnt it? so I wouldn’t rule Adam and her staying just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:41 pm With Boyle out of the picture I don’t see any value in Adam
Still leaves 2023 open, which would be the Raiders’ first season.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: May 18, 2022, 3:45 pm
Put another way - nobody wants the puss that remains after you squeeze a boil out!
This is why you should wait for the focus group.