Bateman confirms he’s heading back to Wigan Warriors in 2021

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Bateman confirms he’s heading back to Wigan Warriors in 2021

Post by Botman »

Call me crazy, but i reckon the poster still frothing at the mouth telling a world class player who can still contribute to our success this year to "**** ***" is probably more befitting of being a Broncos/Cronulla fan than me.

And how about the balls of that poster to accuse others of being a keyboard warrior... alright legend, why you go and track down JB and tell him to his face to "**** ***, we EDIT"
That's some keyboard warrior Bull right there
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:45 am That was in direct response to this post from the user himself...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34101&p=1739727#p1739727

I know you're very keen to come at me but do try and do at least some cursory level of investigation before you jump in next time.
Your apology is accepted. :)
Really? You post an insult based on someone's demographic and I'm supposed to trawl through your (voluminous) posting history to ensure that I don't misread the context? Wow.

Here's an idea. Try insulting someone without invoking their gender, demographic, ethnicity, age, or religion. You might find the limitations this imposes actually unleash a new wave of creativity as you find new and interesting ways of telling people that they can go suck eggs.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:05 pm
Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:45 am That was in direct response to this post from the user himself...

I know you're very keen to come at me but do try and do at least some cursory level of investigation before you jump in next time.
Really? You post an insult based on someone's demographic and I'm supposed to trawl through your (voluminous) posting history to ensure that I don't misread the context? Wow.

Here's an idea. Try insulting someone without invoking their gender, demographic, ethnicity, age, or religion. You might find the limitations this imposes actually unleash a new wave of creativity as you find new and interesting ways of telling people that they can go suck eggs.
Lol wait what?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And even now with the context you've still manage to miss the point, tremendous stuff.

To be clear, since apparently you cant follow what happened here... this guy abused me on the basis of my demographic because i made a joke post about one of players, apparently jokingly calling someone a "****" as part of a shtick is abhorrent behaviour... 13 minutes later... 13! Haha.. He actually tells a player of ours to **** off with no an ounce of light heartedness about it... So i quoted his exact response to me, almost verbatim to highlight what a hypocrite he is.

Good grief, man. I dont know what i did to you, mate. But whatever it was i'm truly sorry that it has made you feel so angry that you gotta keep trying to come at me. :lol:
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:05 pm

Botman can quite capably defend himself, but people are going off half-cocked here. To recap, Botman/Pigman/Raider_69 whatever he want's to be called, has a popular weekly installment of "Who the **** is this ****?", being a lighted-hearted joke at the expense of some unknown nobody, usually sitting on the bench of the opposition's team sheet. Daryn Schonig from the Storm being the prime example. This week, to mix things up, and at the request of another poster, Botman decides this week's "nobody" is our very own Darby Medlyn. A good choice, as I've never heard of him. Neeegz then blows up delux at Botman referring to Medlyn as a "****", and finishes with a "stay classy Western Sydney" jibe, as Botman is from Penrith. So he started the demographic insult. In this thread, Neeegz has some choice words (****) of his own directed at Bateman. Botman calls out the hypocrisy, and returns serve with a "stay classy Western NSW" jibe, as shown in Neeegz profile location. Then Botman gets attacked, he defends himself by providing the link to the post-source for context, but still gets called out for a demographic based insult?
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:17 pm... this guy abused me on the basis of my demographic because i made a joke post about one of players, apparently jokingly calling someone a "****" as part of a shtick is abhorrent behaviour... 13 minutes later... 13! Haha.. He actually tells a player of ours to **** off with no an ounce of light heartedness about it... So i quoted his exact response to me, almost verbatim to highlight what a hypocrite he is.
I get it. The other guy who called out your putative bad behavior then went on to behave badly himself...which licensed you to continue behaving badly. That's an excellent defense...well done. Tu quoque, says the Botman.
And even now with the context you've still manage to miss the point, tremendous stuff.

To be clear, since apparently you cant follow what happened here
See. I told you you could do it. You insult my intelligence without any hint of sexism or demographic snobbery. Progress! Keep it up...I believe in you.
Good grief, man. I dont know what i did to you, mate. But whatever it was i'm truly sorry that it has made you feel so angry that you gotta keep trying to come at me. :lol:
You just followed your mother's advice to "be yourself". Part of that includes defending the indefensible, and never, ever admitting that you're wrong. I like that in people. It makes for good sport, which is after all, the primary reason post on fora like this, no?
Last edited by amiafish on July 8, 2020, 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we draw a line on this? I've edited the original comment, as it was over the top criticism. Happy to the subsequent personal remarks about other posters as well, if people would like.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Happy to
The dude struck out in embarrassing fashion, but I admire his tenacity, on the way back to the dugout he’s still trying to chase that fast ball

But never mind, it just wasn’t his day. Maybe he’ll have better luck next time
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:47 pm Happy to
The dude struck out in embarrassing fashion, but I admire his tenacity, on the way back to the dugout he’s still trying to chase that fast ball

Lol. And you seriously ask why I would want to go after you. QED.
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Finchy wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:00 pm
GMGT wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:48 am
Neeeegz wrote: July 8, 2020, 8:01 am
Botman wrote: July 7, 2020, 9:29 pm
Neeeegz wrote: July 7, 2020, 9:25 pm EDIT
*checks notes*

Yeah nice, he might have to play fg for us this season and Neeeeeegz just told him to EDIT.
Stay classy Neeeeeegz ... Western NSW really shines bright with you...

It is genuinely incredible that you managed to make a hyporcite of yourself with about 3 **** minutes :lol: :lol:
The lack of self awareness is... well, it's special. I doff my cap.
Keyboard warrior. It's embarrassing to have people like you follow the raiders. Sure your not a Broncos fan ? You fit the mould perfectly
Close, but you spent "cronulla fan" incorrectly. That supporter base is well and truly the worst in the comp.
Botman a closet Broncos/Sharks fan? May as well accuse him of following the Knights (best supporters ever) if you really want to stick the boot in. In that case, I guess founding this site like 15 years ago is all just a big prank :hmmm
The knights have the best supporters ever based on what exactly 🤣🤣🤣
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

GMGT wrote: July 8, 2020, 1:00 pm
Finchy wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:00 pm
GMGT wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:48 am
Neeeegz wrote: July 8, 2020, 8:01 am
Botman wrote: July 7, 2020, 9:29 pm

*checks notes*

Yeah nice, he might have to play fg for us this season and Neeeeeegz just told him to EDIT.
Stay classy Neeeeeegz ... Western NSW really shines bright with you...

It is genuinely incredible that you managed to make a hyporcite of yourself with about 3 **** minutes :lol: :lol:
The lack of self awareness is... well, it's special. I doff my cap.
Keyboard warrior. It's embarrassing to have people like you follow the raiders. Sure your not a Broncos fan ? You fit the mould perfectly
Close, but you spent "cronulla fan" incorrectly. That supporter base is well and truly the worst in the comp.
Botman a closet Broncos/Sharks fan? May as well accuse him of following the Knights (best supporters ever) if you really want to stick the boot in. In that case, I guess founding this site like 15 years ago is all just a big prank :hmmm
The knights have the best supporters ever based on what exactly 🤣🤣🤣
It's sarcasm. Botman can tell you how much he loves Knights supporters.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

69 is definitely a Knights fan.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:56 pm
Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:47 pm Happy to

Lol. And you seriously ask why I would want to go after you. QED.
F
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:36 pm
Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 12:17 pm... this guy abused me on the basis of my demographic because i made a joke post about one of players, apparently jokingly calling someone a "****" as part of a shtick is abhorrent behaviour... 13 minutes later... 13! Haha.. He actually tells a player of ours to **** off with no an ounce of light heartedness about it... So i quoted his exact response to me, almost verbatim to highlight what a hypocrite he is.
I get it. The other guy who called out your putative bad behavior then went on to behave badly himself...which licensed you to continue behaving badly. That's an excellent defense...well done. Tu quoque, says the Botman.

To be clear, since apparently you cant follow what happened here
See. I told you you could do it. You insult my intelligence without any hint of sexism or demographic snobbery. Progress! Keep it up...I believe in you.
You just followed your mother's advice to "be yourself". Part of that includes defending the indefensible, and never, ever admitting that you're wrong. I like that in people. It makes for good sport, which is after all, the primary reason post on fora like this, no?
Look, we all know pigman is many things, a lot of them negative. Especially his inability to change sides in an argument no matter how much circumstances change. But
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

:lol: the only positive i've taken out of this entire COVID fiasco is it's given me a great excuse to avoid a trip to Newcastle to visit my Dad and step mum.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

simo wrote: July 8, 2020, 1:31 pm Look, we all know pigman is many things, a lot of them negative. Especially his inability to change sides in an argument no matter how much circumstances change. But
Haha. Look, it's all in good fun. Personally, I find prodding a Dunning-Kruger to be one of life's sublime pleasures. :lol:
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

And i personally find nothing on this forum to be as funny as seeing someone too eager to jump into something and make a total and complete goose of themselves.
So we all win today it seems. :)
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 2:59 pm And i personally find nothing on this forum to be as funny as seeing someone too eager to jump into something and make a total and complete goose of themselves.
So we all win today it seems. :)
Perfect. The Dunning-Kruger is strong with this one.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I'm itching to find out what the word of the day calendar has on deck for you tomorrow.
But just a quick fyi, i believe the idea of those things is to expand your vocabulary but to work those new words and phrases into your repertoire with a bit more subtly.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Good morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:10 pm I'm itching to find out what the word of the day calendar has on deck for you tomorrow.
But just a quick fyi, i believe the idea of those things is to expand your vocabulary but to work those new words and phrases into your repertoire with a bit more subtly.
Brilliant. Critiques my vocab, and then ends with a bang, telling me to do something with more "subtly" (sic). You couldn't make this stuff up. Thank you.
Last edited by amiafish on July 8, 2020, 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:23 pm
Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:10 pm I'm itching to find out what the word of the day calendar has on deck for you tomorrow.
Brilliant. Critiques my vocab, and then ends with a bang, telling me to do something with more "subtly" (sic). You couldn't make this stuff up. Thank you.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

subtly
/ˈsʌtli/

adverb
in a manner that is so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyse or describe.
"the script subtly shifts in tone from comedy to tragedy"
in a clever and indirect way, in order to achieve something.
"he would prattle on about something else for a while before subtly raising the question again"
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

How was I not aware of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon until now!? :lol:
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Finchy wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:45 pm
subtly
/ˈsʌtli/

adverb
in a manner that is so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyse or describe.
"he would prattle on about something else for a while before subtly raising the question again"
Ye gods!

Dear friends, the problem is syntactic. When you use a quantitative term like "more", you need to apply it to a noun, not an adverb. The noun, in this case, is the word "subtlety".

But thank you for playing. You've made my day. :thumbsup
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:49 pm How was I not aware of the Dunning-Kruger phenomenon until now!? :lol:
We'll, because you don't have it. If you did, you'd know of the term, but misuse it hopelessly!
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

amiafish wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:54 pm
Finchy wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:45 pm
subtly
/ˈsʌtli/

adverb
Ye gods!

Dear friends, the problem is syntactic. When you use a quantitative term like "more", you need to apply it to a noun, not an adverb. The noun, in this case, is the word "subtlety".

But thank you for playing. You've made my day. :thumbsup
Ah, I missed the "with". I assumed the spelling of "subtly" was being questioned, not the word itself. Carry on.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Well there you have it, mate

You finally got the goal back you conceded earlier. A spectacular own goal on my behalf but they all count the same.

We can both look like gooses together. Isn’t that grand? :lol:
Until next time
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Finchy wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:59 pm Ah, I missed the "with". I assumed the spelling of "subtly" was being questioned, not the word itself. Carry on.
All good Finchy.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 8, 2020, 5:05 pm Well there you have it, mate

You finally got the goal back you conceded earlier. A spectacular own goal on my behalf but they all count the same.

We can both look like gooses together. Isn’t that grand? :lol:
Until next time
Haha. Or maybe it's just one goose holding a mirror in its beak? :P
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman :- I vow to be less argumentative this year... oh hello new member, it's lovely to meet you

Nek minit

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

zim wrote: July 8, 2020, 4:18 pm Good morning, that's a nice tnetennba.
Thanks for using it in a sentence
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can we get back on topic please? Thanks.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gergreg wrote: July 8, 2020, 5:18 pm Botman :- I vow to be less argumentative this year... oh hello new member, it's lovely to meet you

Nek minit

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
You can't take the muppet out of captain dingleberry - nor can he.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: July 8, 2020, 5:52 pm Can we get back on topic please? Thanks.
What were we talking about again ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: